AIFD Bangalore Admission Sample Paper 2018
It is a test to judge the general awareness, subject interest, analytical and communication skills of the candidates.
This test comprises the following sub-tests (Mostly multiple choice, one essay type carrying ten marks, and 15 marks creative and drawing skills)
- Case Study
- Subject Domain Test
- Logical Ability
For each question, four alternative answers have been provided out of which only one is correct. Circle the appropriate Answer using Ball Pen only on the best alternative amongst (a), (b), (c) or (d).
1. Paleontology is the study of___________
2. In which country did Shakespeare’s Hamlet live?
3. Who is the author of Frankenstein?
(a) Percy Shelley
(b) Eoin Colfer
(c) Mary Shelley
(d) Lord Byron
4. How many continents are there?
5. Which land is known as the land of Cakes?
6. The father of the Atomic Bomb is
(a) Robert Oppenheimer
(c) Edward Faraday
(d) James Watt
7. What colour is cobalt?
8. The three primary colours are
(a) Red Green Yellow
(b) Red Blue Yellow
(c) Red Black White
(d) Red Green Blue
9. Who among the following is the new President of Coca-Cola India?
(a) Sharmila Sarkar
(b) K Ramalingam
(c) Nisha Millet
(d) T Krishnakumar
10. A salesman sells 200 metres of polyester for Rs 9000. He makes a profit of Rs 5/metre. What is the cost price of 1 metre of fabric?
11. He won the Nobel Prize for Literature in 2016
(a) Pablo Neruda
(b) Bob Dylan
(c) Hari Kunzru
(d) Malala Yousufzhai
12. “The choice of the new generation” is the tag line identified with
13. Which of the following items of clothing originate in South America?
14. If the word “Construction” is the key word, find the odd one in the following
15. House, Bedroom and Dining room is best represented by the following Venn diagram
16. If Man=Biography, then Nation =?
17. An “obi” is a type of
18. If Scissors = Lever, then Toothed Wheel = ?
19. When a country devalues its currency, the effects would be
(a) Imports become cheap and exports become costly
(b) Imports become costly and exports become cheap
(c) Imports and exports both become costly
(d) Imports and exports both become cheap
20. The first country in the world to ban metal mining is
(b) El Salvador
21. Design a bag that converts into an item of clothing. Process should be clear
22. Sketch any one of the following in color/pencil/pen in the blank space provided below. Describe the sketch in a few lines
1) Window Display at a Mall
2) Ariel view of Run way
AIFD Bangalore Admission Sample Paper 2017
1. Find the meaning of the underlined words. The woman met her neighbor at a party, but cut her dead.
(a) Refused to recognize her
(b) Spoke to her angrily
(c) Failed to recognize her
(d) Completely ignored her
2. Louis Vuitton is associated with designer_________
3. Pick out the odd one
4. The rock cut Badami caves were mostly built by the following dynasty
5. Coloured hair is associated with
(a) Hippie Fashion
(b) Neo-Nazi fashion
(c) Punk Fashion
(d) Goth Fashion
6. Red Tape, Clarks and Tods are associated with
7. Who is the writer of the “Twilight” series?
(a) Stephanie Meyer
(b) J K Rowling
(c) Robert Pattison
(d) Edward Cullen
8. “A thing of beauty is a joy forever” .. these immortal lines were written by
(a) Robert Browning
(b) John Keats
(c) Lord Byron
(d) William Shakespeare
9. Which among the following is known as “Sairandhri Vanam”?
(a) Silent Valley National Park
(b) Bandipur National Park
(c) Mudumulai National Park
(d) Kaziranga National Park
10. The “T” in DTP vaccination stands for
11. On selling 17 balls at Rs. 720, there is a loss equal to the cost price of 5 balls. The cost price of a ball is:
(a) Rs. 60
(b) Rs. 65
(c) Rs. 55
(d) Rs. 45
12. Which of the following has been declared as National Handloom Day by Government of India?
(a) August 17
(b) August 11
(c) August 7
(d) August 10
13. Insert the missing number
14. R K Narayan is the author of
(a) Malgudi Days
(d) You said it
15. What is mainly produced in The Islets of Langerhans?
16. X-Rays were discovered by
17. This is the hardest substance measured on the Mohs scale
18. If Sanjeev Kapoor = cooking, then Sherlock Holmes =?
19. Who won the Filmfare Best Actor – female in 2016?
(a) Priyanka Chopra
(b) Parineeti Chopra
(c) Deepika Padukone
(d) Anushka Sharma
20. Give the correct sequence for producing cotton fabric in the traditional manner. (1) Opening & Carding (2) Weaving (3) Spinning (4) Handpicking (5) Ginning
21. In MS Excel the intersection of a row and column is called
22. CAD stands for
(a) Central aided design
(b) Computer aided design
(c) Computer application Design
(d) Central application design
23. Read the following passage and choose the logical option given below:- Rina is twelve years old. For three years, she has been asking her parents for a dog. Her parents have told her that they believe a dog would not be happy in an apartment, but they have given her permission to have a bird. Rina has not yet decided what kind of bird she would like to have.
(a) Rina’s parents like birds better than they like dogs
(b) Rina and her parents live in an apartment
(c) Rina does not like birds
(d) Rina and her parents would like to move
24. ________for talking too much, the teacher ________his reputation by keeping the class 30 minutes longer than the scheduled time
(d) None of the above
25. Find the odd one out
26. Sketch and shade the following in the right hand side box – 10 Marks
27. Design school uniforms for boys and girls for a play school in Delhi. The uniforms should be suitable for two seasons.(winter and summer) – 5 Marks
28. Sketch any one of the following in color/pencil/pen in the 15 Marks blank space provided in the next page. Describe the scene in a few lines
(a) Bungee jumping
(b) A ride in a hot air Balloon
(c) David Warner
(d) Paul Walker
29. Who wrote the book “A Suitable Boy”?
(a) Vikram Seth
(b) Kiran Desai
(c) Arundhati Roy
(d) Aravind Adiga
30. Who is the first woman to win the Sahitya Akademi Award?
(a) Amrita Pritam
(b) Mahasweta Devi
(c) Bani Basu
(d) Kamala Das
31. We found the game ______________ (Choose the right word)
AIFD Bangalore Admission 2015 and 2016 Sample Paper
1. There are 36 students in a class. If two-thirds of the students are boys and three-fourths of the boys are less than 6 feet tall, how many boys are less than 6 feet tall?
(a) 12 (b) 6
(c) 24 (d) 18
2. The clothes she designs for men are conservative, but her fashions for women are more ________(Choose the right word)
(a) flamboyant (b) conventional
(c) expensive (d) tasteful
3. I am _______________ to meet you. (Choose the right word to fill in the blank)
(a) Delight (b) Delighted
(c) Very delight (d) Delighting
4. Choose the right analogy based on the example ARCTIC: PALM as
(a) MOUNTAIN:SNOW (b) RAIN FOREST:CACTUS
(c) OCEAN: WAVE (d) JUNGLE:TIGER
5. If air=green, green=blue, blue=sky, sky=yellow, yellow=water, water=pink, what is the colour of the sky?
(a) blue (b) pink
(c) green (d) yellow
6. Which of the following items is not used in LAN?
(a) Modem (b) Printer
(c) Computer (d) Cable
7. Which river is the bone of contention between two states?
(a) Cauvery (b) Tungabhadra
(c) Godavari (d) Ganga
8. Find the odd one out
(a) Rajnath Singh (b) ArvindKejriwal
(c) ShikarDhawan (d) NarendraModi
9. Find the old one out
(a) Knife (b) Box
(c) Kick (d) Wrap
10. What is Coco Chanel’s real first name?
(a) Gabrielle (b) Marie
(c) Fiona (d) Victoria
11. The ______________is very clean in the country (Choose the correct word)
(a) heir (b) air
(c) hair (d) None of the above
12. Rahul scored an average of 80% in three semesters. What score must he get in the fourth semester to raise his average to 85%?
(a) 95% (b) 90%
(c) 85% (d) 100%
13. If a millionaire lives quietly and thriftily, he is called a miser, but if he spends his money freely, he is criticized for being _________and ___________.(Fill with the appropriate words)
(a) vulgar…pennypinching (b) extravagant…ostentatious
(c) self-centred…modest (d) parsimonious…pretentious
14. Kwashiorkor and Marasmus are
(a) Deficiency Diseases (b) Infectious Diseases
(c) Contagious Diseases (d) None of the above
15. Which one of the following is NOT an alternative source of energy?
(a) Biogas (b) Hydel energy
(c) Coal (d) Solar energy
16. CD-ROM is
(a) A silver coloured compact disk that uses laser technology
(b) Compact disk-read only memory
(c) Both a and b
(d) None of the above
17. Which of the following is a disease caused by bacteria?
(a) cholera (b) AIDS
(c) rabies (d) malaria
18. When diamond is heated in vacuum for a very long time, it changes into
(a) Graphite (b) Carbon dioxide
(c) Charcoal (d) Lamp black
19. In MS-Excel you can insert a
(a) Pie chart (b) Bar chart
(c) Line chart (d) All of the above
20. A “Chaitya” is a
(a) An ancient painting (b) A halo around the deity
(c) Buddhist place of worship (d) None of the above
21. If 15789 = XTZAL, 2346 = NPSU, what is 23549?
(a) NPTUL (b) PNTSL
(c) NPTSL (d) NBTSL(a) Graphite (b) Carbon dioxide
22. Trojans, File Infectors and worms are all types of
(a) Hard disks (b) Software
(c) Computer Viruses (d) Portable Documents
23. Which actor won the Filmfare award for Best actor (female) this year
(a) VidyaBalan (b) Priyanka Chopra
(c) SonakshiSinha (d) DeepikaPadukone
(a) 11 (b) 14
(c) 13 (d) 9
25. Apart from a Chief Election commissioner, the Election Commission of India has how many election commissioners?
(a) Two (b) Four
(c) Three (d) Five
26. The largest solar power plant in India till March 2014 is located in __?
(a) Tamil Nadu (b) Gujarat
(c) Madhya Pradesh (d) Rajasthan
27. What is the name of AK 47 assault rifle designer, who passed away recently?
(a) Mikhail Takahashi (b) Mikhail Kalashnikov
(c) David Warner (d) Paul Walker
28. Who wrote the book “A Suitable Boy”?
(a) Vikram Seth (b) Kiran Desai
(c) Arundhati Roy (d) Aravind Adiga
29. Who is the first woman to win the SahityaAkademi Award?
(a) Amrita Pritam (b) Mahasweta Devi
(c) BaniBasu (d) Kamala Das
30. We found the game ______________ (Choose the right word)
(a) excited (b) exciting
(c) excite (d) excitement
AIFD Bangalore Admission 2014 Sample Paper
1. Which of the following hot and dry local winds blow in the Northern plains of India?
(a) Loo (b) Mistral
(c) Chinook (d) Khamsin
2. The highest percentage of water is used for
(a) Industrial purposes (b) Cooking
(c) Agriculture (d) Bathing
3. The scientific name ‘Pavo Cristatus’ refers to
(a) The poor Christian (b) The humility of Christ
(c) The Indian peacock (d) None of the above
4. What is the first element in the periodic table
(a) Carbon (b) Hydrogen
(c) Neon (d) Oxygen
5. In the atmosphere of primitive earth, there was no
(a) Oxygen (b) Nitrogen
(c) Carbon dioxide (d) Ammonia
6. What does “cavalcade’ mean ?
(a) Soldiers (b) Haughtiness
(c) A procession of riders or vehicles (d) Corpse
7. Entomology is the science that deals with
(a) Environment (b) Insects
(c) Words and meanings (d) Birds
8. The children’s apparel brand ‘Zapp’ belongs to
(a) Reliance group (b) Raymond group
(c) Arvind Mills (d) Dinesh Suitings
9. In terms of revenue, which American Company ranks number one?
(a) Microsoft (b) Citigroup
(c) Wall-Mart Stores (d) Ford
10. Which day is celebrated as Computer Literacy Day?
(a) December 1 (b) December 2
(c) December 10 (d) December 22
11. The All India Khadi and Village Industries Board was set up during the
(a) First plan (b) Second plan
(c) Fourth plan (d) Third plan
12. What does CPU stand for with reference to computers?
(a) Control Production Unit (b) Central Processing Unit
(c) Camera processing Unit (d) None of the above
13. Export processing Zones have been converted into Special Economic Zones. Which of the following is not a location of one of these SEZs?
(a) Noida (b) Surat
(c) Vadodara (d) Vishakapatnam
14. Burberry is always identified by the
(a) Plaid pattern (b) Polka dots
(c) Floral pattern (d) Large prints
15. Electric current is measured in
(a) Kelvin (b) Celsius
(c) Watts (d) amperes
16. Paleontology is concerned with the study of
(a) Fossils (b) Rocks
(c) Soil (d) Trees
17. The first Indian University opened in 1857 was in
(a) Banaras (b) Calcutta
(c) Madras (d) Bombay
18. Which of the following is used as raw material for the Manufacture of rayon?
(a) Coal (b) Cellulose
(c) Plastic (d) Petroleum
19. For which of the following groups of crops has “Green Revolution” been most successful in India so far?
(a) Cotton and jute (b) Mustard and oil seeds
(c) Potato and sugarcane (d) Wheat and rice
20. Liquid is characterized by its
(a) Fluidity (b) No definite shape but definite volume
(c) Capacity to dissolve the solids (d) All of these properties
21. Mathura school of Art is famous for which of the following?
(a) Green sand stone carvings (b) Marble carvings
(c) Red sand stone carvings (d) Rock pillars
22. Find least number of five digits which is exactly divisible by 654
(a) 10464 (b) 10310
(c) 10230 (d) 10010
23. Who won the FIFA World player of the year 2005 Award
(a) David Beckham (b) Rivaldo
(c) Ronaldinho (d) Zinadine Zidane
24. The Chemical used as a ‘fixer’ in photography is
(a) Sodium sulphate (b) Sodium thiosulphate
(c) Ammonium persulphate (d) Borax
25. Which Vitamin is provided by sunlight to the body
(a) Vitamin C (b) Vitamin B
(c) Vitamin A (d) Vitamin D
26. Which of the following is the longest river of the World?
(a) Nile (b) Volga
(c) Mississippi (d) Amazon
27. Alpha-Keratin is a protein present in
(a) Skin (b) Blood
(c) Wool (d) Eggs
28. Who was the first recipient of Dada Sahab Phalke Award?
(a) B.N Shankar (b) Prithvi Raj Kapoor
(c) Mrs. Devika Rani (d) Mrs. Kanan Devi
29. The paintings in the Ajanta and Ellora Caves are indicative of development of art under the
(a) Rashtrakutas (b) Pallavas
(c) Chalukyas (d) Pandyas
30. Who was the first European to translate the Bhagwad Gita into English?
(a) James Prinsep (b) Charles wilkins
(c) William Jones (d) Sir Alexander Cunningham