Calcutta University BA LLB 2019 Application process to commence from June 01, 2019. It is an entrance exam conducted for admission to 5 yr BA LLB program in various law colleges in Calcutta. Candidates who fulfill eligibility criteria and have necessary documents must fill and submit the application form on time. Those who apply can download admit card from CU website. Admission to 1500 seats is on the basis of performance in this law entrance exam. Get here complete details of Calcutta University BA LLB 2019 such as exam date, application form, admit card, result, syllabus, exam pattern.
Calcutta University BA LLB 2019
Those aspirants who will be appearing for the Calcutta University BA LLB 2019 entrance must be well familiar with the complete schedule of the events, Important dates for CU BA LLB 2019 are as follows.
|CU BA LLB 2019||Important Dates|
|Apply online from||01 Jun 2019|
|Last date to apply online||19 Jun 2019|
|Download CU BA LLB 2019 Admit Card||25 – 29 Jun 2019|
|Calcutta University BA LLB 2019 Exam Date||30 Jun 2019|
|Entrance Test Overall Merit List & Category wise seat capacity||05 Jul 2019|
||09 Jul 2019
17 Jul 2019
26 Jul 2019
||10 Jul 2019
18 Jul 2019
27 Jul 2019
Seats In Calcutta University
The number of seats in CU, college wise, is as follows.
|S.No.||Name Of Institute||Number Of Seats|
|1||Department of Law, University of Calcutta (Hazra Campus)||120|
|2||Surendranath Law College||120|
|3||Jogesh Chandra Chaudhuri Law College||120|
|4||South Calcutta Law College||120|
|5||Bikash Bharati Law College||120|
|6||Rabindra Siksha Sammilani Law College||120|
|7||Jyotirmoy School of Law||120|
|8||Shyambazar Law College||120|
|9||George School of Law||120|
|10||Sureswar Dutta Law College||120|
|11||Heritage Law College||120|
|12||Kolkata Police Law Institute||60|
|13||L. J. D. Law College||240|
Calcutta University BA LLB 2019 Application Form
Calcutta University will invite online applications from eligible and interested candidates for admission to the first year of 5 yr BA LLB program for academic session 2019-2020. Candidates must then apply online within a given time window. They have to register and fill the form, and also pay fee. Check here complete details of how to apply and other related information.
Application/ Processing fee as shown below shall be paid online via Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net Banking.
|SC/ST / PWD||Rs 250|
It is advisable to keep recent testimonials, scanned photograph and signature while filling online form. This will help in ensuring that all details that you fill in Calcutta University BA LLB 2019 application form are correct. Enter details correctly as there will not be any scope for form correction.
How To Apply
- First of all register online at caluniv.ac.in. Enter name, date of birth, email, category, whether wards of police, details of the police personnel/ex-police personnel, password.
- Then fill personal information. Here you must enter mother’s name, father’s name/guardian’s name, gender, marital status, religion, blood group, nationality, whether physically disabled, family income, present address, permanent address, mobile no., save and continue
- After that, enter academic information. In these fields you need to enter 10 and 12 level (school name, subject taken, year of passing, division, name of the board), statement of class 12 marks (year of passing, roll no, 5 subject with corresponding full marks and marks obtained and grade/division).
- Select college preferences. Select college preferences carefully. Preference number “1” corresponds to highest preference.
- Upload photograph and signature. Photograph should be jpg/jpeg of size less than 50 kb. Signature should be less than 20 kb.
- Then pay fee.
Take a printout of form and keep it safely.
CU BA LLB 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Aspirants must check eligibility criteria before applying. Conditions to fulfill are as follows.
- Qualification: Candidates must pass class 12.
- Year of passing QE: Year of passing qualifying exam should be 2017 – 2019 (for general), 2015 – 2019 (for SC/ST), 2012 – 2019 (for PWD).
- Minimum Marks: Candidates must secure at least 45% in best of four subjects excluding environmental studies for WBCHSE (40% for SC/ST/PWD).
- Board Of Studies: Those who have studied in boards other than WBCHSE, ISC, CBSE, Rabindra Mukto Vidyalaya should submit “Equivalence Certificate”.
- Foreign applicants: Those with last qualification eligibility degree from Foreign Board need to apply in writing to relevant authority mentioning all previous degrees, mark sheets, certificates and syllabus of the last qualifying examination eligibility degree. They will get call for interview only after preliminary verification. Foreign candidates with last qualifying eligibility degree from Indian university or board can apply like other Indian candidates.
Important note about reserved categories
- Candidates who claim marks and application fees relaxations for SC/ST category must also have valid certificate from competent authority of Government of West Bengal only.
- By the same token, PWD applicants claiming marks and fees relaxations must have valid certificate with disability 40% or more from competent authority.
- BCI has not approved enhancement of intake capacity for OBC. Therefore OBC category is treated as equivalent to general category, without any benefits.
Syllabus and Exam Patterncalcutta-university-ba-llb-2019
The exam pattern is likely to be as follows.
- Mode: Calcutta University BA LLB 2019 is expected to be an offline exam.
- Duration: It will be of 2.5 hours duration.
- Marks: There will be multiple choice questions of 100 marks.
- Syllabus: Exam will have questions on following topics: English, GK, Current Affairs, Reasoning, General Math.
- Negative marking: There is no negative marking.
CU BA LLB 2019 Admit Card
Calcutta University BA LLB 2019 Admit Card will be issued to applicants. It is compulsory to download and print it. This is because aspirants must carry admit card to exam centre on day of exam, and without it, they will not be allowed to sit for exam.
- Report to exam centre at least 30 minutes before exam.
- Please bring blue / black ball point pen for exam.
- Do not bring calculator, slide rule, books, mobile phones / pagers or any electronic gadgets.
- Listen all instructions that invigilators give.
It is important to keep application form number and password safely. This is because it is necessary to download admit card and later for result also. By the same token, keep Calcutta University BA LLB 2019 admit card also safely.
Documents to take to exam centre
- Admit Card
- Photo ID proof
- 2 copy Photo (colour)
Calcutta University BA LLB 2019 Result
There is no negative marking. Also, there is no cut off for Calcutta University BA LLB 2019 Entrance Exam. Therefore merit list compilation is only on the basis of correct answers marked in the exam. Candidates can check CU BA LLB 2019 result from caluniv.ac.in. Those who appear in exam and have result, can then participate in counselling for admission to law program.
Calcutta University BA LLB 2019 Counselling
CU shall consider candidates for counselling on the basis of their position in the merit list and college preferences. (Candidates mark college preferences at the time of filling the application form only.) Check here key details of counselling.
- Candidates can check seat allotment status by logging in.
- Those who are allotted a college have to download admission slip.
- Admitted candidates have to complete admission formalities within given time.
- At time of admission, candidates must take relevant documents such as class 10 mark sheet and admit card, class 12 mark sheet and admit card, CU BA LLB 2019 admit card, admission slip.
College Preference Change: College Preference can be reshuffled through login id only on 1st and 2nd Phase Admission Dates.
- Those candidate allotted college first time in any particular phase may change their college preference after clicking on “click here to go to wait state” without getting admitted.
- Those candidates not allotted any college also may change their college preference.
Official website: www.caluniv.ac.in.
To know more details about Calcutta University BA LLB 2019, download the Admission Notification.