AP DEECET 2018 is conducted by the Department of School Education of Government of Andhra Pradesh. It is a state level entrance examination. This exam is conducted annually. It is conducted for the candidates who wish to get admission in the Diploma In Education (D.Ed) 2 years course offered by Govt. DIET and private elementary teacher training institutions across the state of Andhra Pradesh. Students who wish to appear in the examination need to register themselves for the examination. Candidates can register themselves on the official website through the AP DEECET 2018 application form. Students can get complete details about AP DEECET 2018 from this page.
AP DEECET 2018
The registration for AP DEECET 2018 has been started. Candidates who wish to get admission in the 13 District DIETs colleges and private teacher training institutions need to register for the examination to appear in the AP DEECET 2018 entrance examination. Candidates will be granted admission on the basis of their performance in the entrance examination. Candidates can refer to the table below to get a brief idea about the AP DEECET 2018 timeline.
|Date for Online registration/form filling||28 Mar 2018|
|Last date for Online Application Form Submission||12 Apr 2018|
|Date of issuing the admit card||11 May 2018|
|Date of Commencement of the entrance exam||17 & 18 May 2018|
|Announcement of the result||28 May 2018|
|First phase of Counseling||04 to 15 Jun 2018|
|Second phase of Counseling||22 to 25 Jun 2018|
|First Instruction day||01 Aug 2018|
AP DEECET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
It is highly recommended that the candidates go through the information brochure for the examination before applying for the examination. Candidates who fail to fulfil any of the criteria will be disqualified from the examination. Hence, it is necessary that the candidate fulfils all the eligibility criteria. Here are a few criteria listed for the reference of the candidates.
Candidate should be of Indian Nationality.
Age Limit: The candidates should have completed 17 years as on September 01,2018.There is no Upper age limit.
- The candidate who passed or appeared for the 10+2 during 2017-18 final Examinations (Qualifying Examination) or its equivalent are eligible to appear for the entrance test. But, they should have passed the qualifying examination by the time of admission.
- Students who have qualified or appearing in their Higher secondary exams will be eligible to apply for AP DEECET 2018.
- The candidate should have secured 50 percent of marks in aggregate in qualifying examination for appearing in the DEECET – 2018 for both A & B category seats. The minimum percentage of marks in the case of Schedule caste, Scheduled Tribe and Physically Challenged candidates shall however be 45 percent for both A & B category seats.
- Candidate belonging to “O.C” and “B.C” communities shall secure minimum 50% marks in DEECET – 2018. For Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe and Physically Challenged candidates the minimum qualifying mark for allotment of seats reserved under the respective categories will be 45%. That is to say candidates belonging to SC and ST communities should secure 50% of marks for consideration against seats under OC/NCC/CAP/Sports category.
Note: The candidates who passed Intermediate with vocational courses are not eligible
AP DEECET 2018 Application Form
The application form for AP DEECET 2018 has been released and are available in the online mode. It is mandatory that the candidates register themselves for the examination. Candidates can fill and submit the AP DEECET online application form through the official website which is www.deecetap.cgg.gov.in. Candidates are advised to enter authentic information in their application forms any discrepancies found in the later stages will result in the disqualification of the candidate. Candidates are advised to keep ready a scanned copy of their recent photo and signature ready while applying for the examination.
Application Form Fee: The candidate after satisfying herself/himself about the eligibility criteria for DEECET shall pay a fee of Rs.500/- through payment Gateway for submission of application through Online.
AP DEECET 2018 Admit Card
The admit card for AP DEECET 2018 will be issued online. Candidates who have successfully submitted their duly filled application forms before the last scheduled date will be able to download their admit cards from the official website. Candidates will be able to download their admit cards by entering their date of birth and their application number. It is compulsory candidates carry their admit cards on the day of examination or else they will not be allowed to appear in the examination. The admit card contains all important details about the exam and the candidates.
AP DEECET 2018 Exam Pattern
AP DEECET 2018 exam will be an objective type exam. Candidates will be asked 100 MCQ questions. The question paper will be divided into two parts i.e. Part-A and Part-B. Part-A will be of 60 marks whereas Part-B will be of 40 marks.
|Part-A||No. of questions||Q.Nos||Q.Nos||Syllabus|
|Teaching Aptitude||5||1 – 5||5||A.P. State
Class VI to X
|General Knowledge||5||6 – 10||5|
|English||5||11 – 15||5|
|Telugu||5||16 – 20||5|
|Opted Language ( Telugu /
Tamil / Urdu / English)
|10||21 – 30||10|
|Mathematics||10||31 – 40||10|
|General Science||10||41 – 50||10|
|Social Studies||10||51 – 60||10|
|Part-B||No. of questions||Q.Nos||Q.Nos||Syllabus|
|Mathematics||40||61 – 100||40||Two Years
A.P. State Syllabus
a) Physics (20)
|40||61 – 80
|Bio – Science
a) Botany (20)
b) Zoology (20)
|40||61 – 80
a) History (13)
b) Economics (13)
c) Civics (13)
d) History/Economics/ Civics (1)
|40||61 – 100||40|
- Maths: Those who studied Mathematics as a subject at Intermediate level.
- Physical Science: Those who studied Physics and Chemistry as their Intermediate Subjects.
- Biological Science: Those who studied Botany, Zoology as their Intermediate Subjects.
- Social Studies: Those who studied two subjects out of Five Subjects viz., Civics, Economics, History, Geography, Commerce.
Weightage of Marks Part- B:
1st Year Mathematics – 20 Marks
2nd Year Mathematics – 20 Marks
TOTAL – 40 Marks
- Physical Science
1st Year Physics & 2nd Year Physics – 20 Marks
1st Year Chemistry & 2nd Year Chemistry – 20 Marks
TOTAL – 40 Marks
- Biological Science
1 st Year Botany & 2nd Year Botany – 20 Marks
1st Year Zoology & 2nd Year Zoology – 20 Marks
TOTAL – 40 Marks
- Social Studies
1st Year & 2nd Year History – 13 Marks
1st Year & 2nd Year Economics – 13 Marks
1st Year & 2nd Year Civics – 13 Marks History / Economics / Civics – 1 mark
TOTAL – 40 Marks
Allotment of Seats
All the sanctioned intake of seats in Government DIETs shall be filled by the Convener, DEECET-2018 on the basis of rank obtained in the DEECET-2018 duly following the rule of reservation vide rule 6 & 7. The seats allotted to the Un-Aided institutions shall be classified as (1) Category ‘A’ seats (2) Category ‘B’ seats. The Category ‘A’ seats shall be 80% of the sanctioned intake seats in the Un-Aided institutions shall be filled on the basis of rank obtained in the DEECET-2018. The un-aided institutions shall maintain the region wise reservation. The Category ‘B’ Seats shall be 20% of the total intake seats in the Un-aided institutions. These 20% seats shall be opened for the candidates who appeared In DEECET-2018 and has been assigned rank in the common merit list.
Subject wise allotment of seats for admission into D.El.Ed. course
- Mathematics – 25% of seats
- Physical Science – 25% of seats
- Biological Science – 25% of seats
- Social Studies – 25% of seats
Method of Admission
All the seats in the Government Institutions / DIETs and 80% of the seats belongs to category ‘A’ shall be filled by the Convener DEECET-2018 and the 20% of the seats which are belongs to Category ‘B’ shall be filled by the respective institutions subject to scrutiny by the Convener, DEECET-2018.
For more details regarding AP DEECET 2018, download Information Brochure.