Haryana LEET Entrance Test 2018 – Department of Technical Education, Haryana had released the notification for the eligible candidates to get admission in B.E / B.Tech Lateral Entry Courses for the academic year 2018-19. Online Entrance Test to be conducted for B.E / B.Tech (LEET) 2018 by HSTES, so candidates applying for this category must apply for OLET for B.Tech (LEET) 2018. Get here complete information regarding Haryana LEET Entrance Test 2018 such as application process, eligibility criteria, admit card and so on.Haryana LEET(Haryana Lateral Entry Entrance TEST) is conducted by HSTES for students trying to get admission in Btech/B.E in various colleges in Haryana.It is an online objective based test which tests various skills including the technical, communicative, general awareness skill of the person.
Haryana LEET Entrance Test 2018
The Haryana State Technical Education Society (HSTES) conducts Haryana LEET which is an Online Entrance Test to offer admission to the interested candidates in the BE/BTech programmes under the lateral entry scheme. The candidates seeking admission will have to appear for an Online Entrance Test which includes various skill tests like technical, communicative, general awareness skills of the candidate. To apply for Haryana LEET Entrance Test, candidates should know the schedule. The schedule has been given below.
Revised Counselling Schedule
Notice Regarding Verification/crosschecking of sanctioned intake
- Minimum educational qualification for admission in 2 year(sem) to B.E/B.tech courses is Should have obtained atleast 45% marks(42.75 % in case of SC) in aggregate in diploma engg/Technology of a duration of 3 years or more from Haryana State Board oo technical or its equivalent
- Passed B.sc degree from recognized university or UGC with atleast 45% marks(42.75% in case of SC students) and passed 12th standard with Mathematics as standard subject.
- Provided that in case of students belonging to B.Sc stream, shall clear the subjects of Engineering Graphics/Engineering Drawing and Engineering Mechanics of the first year engineering program along with the second Year subjects
- Provided further that, the students belonging to B.Sc. stream shall be considered only after filling the supernumerary seats in this category with students belonging to the Diploma stream.
- Provided further those students, who have passed Diploma in Engineering & Technology from an AICTE/UGC approved instt. or B.Sc Degree from a recognized University as defined by UGC, shall also be eligible for admission to the first year Engineering Degree courses subject to vacancies in the first year class in case the vacancies at lateral entry are exhausted.
- For Kashmiri Migrants (KM) Relaxation in cut-off percentage upto 10% subject to minimum eligibility requirement.
- As per AICTE, seats in the lateral entry may be taken up to a maximum of 20% of sanctioned intake.
Note: Candidates with Diploma in Architecture are eligible to seek admission under Lateral Entry Program only for B.E/ B.Tech. Civil Engineering If there is any change in minimum academic qualification for a private institute for the Session 2018-19, it will be incorporated at the time of
The Admit Cards for appearing in the OLET can be downloaded by the candidates from the website www.onlinetesthry.gov.in. HSTES shall not issue or POST any admit card to any registered candidate for the OLET. The candidate having to Admit card should report to the allotted OLET center on given date and time for appearing the test along with supporting documents including ID proofs. Candidates can download the Haryana LEET Admit Card 2018 using the direct link provided.
How to download Haryana LEET Admit Card 2018
- Click the Download Admit card link given above.
- Select Course from the drop-down.
- Enter your Application No. and Date of Birth.
- Click on Submit Button. Hall Ticket will be generated.
- Take Print Out of Hall Ticket and must carry at the examination centre.
The candidate must bring two printed copies of admit card with photographs attested by gazetted officer and one valid Identity(ID) proof having his photograph on it for verification by invigilator in the Test Centre.
Candidates are required to bring along with them the proof in respect of their date of birth etc. for verification before appearing in the entrance test. (Copy/attested copy of Matriculation Certificate). The admit cards must be signed by the invigilator on duty and one of the admit cards must be retained by the candidate himself. Candidate documents and admit cards will be verified before appearing in the OLET.
Candidates must not write or change any entry made therein on the Admit Card. They are advised to keep their Admit Card in safe custody.
Candidates must bring the Admit Card for appearing in the Entrance Test in the same shift/centres of Entrance Test allotted to him, failing which they will not be admitted to the Examination Hall for Online Entrance Test
Haryana LEET 2018 Syllabus
This is the syllabus of entrance test for B.E/B.tech LEET-2018
Mathematics: Arithmetic,geometric, and harmonic progressions elemental,binomial expansions ,elementary operations,rank of matrix,parabola,ellipse and hyperbola,differentiation a function,implicit function,parametric function,successive differentiation,maxima and minima,partial differentiation ,definite and indefinite integration,first order and first degree order differentiation
- Units and Dimensions with Dimensional analysis and their Limitations.
- Motion in one and two dimensions and Newton’s Laws of Motion.
- Work and Energy and Conservation Laws of Energy
- Properties of matter i.e. Elasticity, surface tension and viscosity in fluid motion.
- Waves and vibration, Characteristics of waves and simple Harmonic motion.
- Rotational motion, Conservation of angular momentum.
- Gravitation, Newton’s law of gravitation, Kepler’s law and Satellite.
- Heat and temperature, measurement of temperature and mode of transfer of heat
and their laws.
- Geometric optics and simple optical instruments.
- Simple laws of electrostatics and their use to find the E and Potential,
- Capacitors and dielectric constant.
- Laser, its principle and use, superconductivity, Conventional and non-conventional
Chemistry: Hard and soft water, types of hardness, disadvantages of the hardness of water, its causes and its
- Brief introduction of the term
- Equivalent weight
- PH value
- Definition of symbol, formula, valency& chemical equation.
Communication skill: Words, antonyms and synonyms, communication technique Grammatical ability
- correction incorrect sentences
General awareness General awareness about Technical Education in Haryana such as:
Name of Polytechnic, Number of Polytechnics and sanctioned intake
Eligibility for admission to LEET
- Number of Institutions offering BE/B.Tech. & B.Pharmacy.
- Name the Processes involved in on-line off campus counseling.
- General awareness about Haryana
- Name of Ministers/Chief Minister/Governor
- No. of Districts/Tehsils/Blocks/villages
- Total population of State/Area of state/Boundary states of Haryana, History of Haryana
General awareness about country, General awareness about Polytechnics
Subject : Electronics stream Courses
Element of Mechanical Engineering
- Applied Mechanics, Friction, laws of friction, friction applications, centroid of a plane area, simple machines, screw jack, wheel & axles, system of pulleys,projectile, work, power, energy.
- Strength of materials, Stress, Strain, Hooks law, stress-strain diagram, temperature stresses, composite section, Relation between elastic constants, (E.C.G.) Resilience, Principal stresses, principal planes, B.M. & S.F. diagram for simply supported and cantilevers,
beams, columns & structs.
- Thermodynamics, First law of thermodynamics, second law of thermod dynamics, zeroth law, steam properties, Diesel cycle, otto cycle.
- Modes of Heat Transfer (Conduction, Convection, Radiation).
- Fluid Mechanics, Properties of fluid, Viscosity, Newtonian and Non-Newtonian fluids, Bernoulli‟s Theorem, Types of Fluid flows, Dimension less numbers,Measurement of fluid flow by the pilot tube, Venturimeter, Darcy equation.
Elements of Production Engineering/ Manufacturing Process
Workshop Technology, Lathe- operations, turning machining Time, cutting speed,feed, Depth of cut, Drilling, Type of drilling machines, Drilling operation, Drilling time, Milling, up milling, down milling, milling operations, milling cutters,milling time, Shaper & Planer Working Principle, Measuring Instruments and Gauges, Vernier Caliper, Micrometer, Sine Bar, Plug gauges, snap gauges, ring gauges welding, Soldering, Brazing.
- Material Science, Engg. Materials, Mechanical properties of materials, hardness testing methods, heat treatment, hardening annealing, tempering, carburzing, Normalizing.
- Engineering Graphics & Drawing, First angle and third angle projection methods, orthographic views, Isometric views, conventions for lines and materials, Projections of lines and solids (only conceptual questions).
- Foundry, Pattern and their types, molds and molding materials.
- Plastic & their properties, various molding processes of plastic.
- Industrial management, types of organizational structure, qualities & responsibilities of good leader, methods of quality control, productivity
Power flow in an automobile
- Gear box & its types,
- use and types of breaks,
- types of clutches,
- basic knowledge of differential,
- lubrication of Engine,
- types of wheels and tyres used in Automobile,
- major automobile industries.
- Section: d
Subject : OtherEngg. Streams
CIVIL Engg. Course
- Introduction to brick, raw materials for bricks, manufacturing of bricks, brick work in foundation.
- Index properties of soil, seepage of soil.
- Water demand for industrial/Commercial & domestic purposes, per capita
demand, various sources of water, Treatment & Disposal of sludge
- Types of foundation (Design not included), Repair & Maintenance of Buildings, Basic principles of surveying chain surveying, Bench Mark, compass surveying, Basics of RCC (elementary knowledge) different grades of concrete, workability, mixing of concrete, compaction of concrete.
- Classification & suitability of various types of doors, roofs.
- Name of earth moving machinery, different types of road material, flexible & rigid pavements, classification of bridges.
- Water requirement of crops, methods of irrigations Concept/meaning/need/competencies/qualities of Entrepreneur classifications of dams & site selection for reservoir classifications of rocks.
- various types of cement & their uses
- Basis of Ecology, Pollution of water its causes & remedial near, Role of nonconventional
sources of energy
Textile Engg. Courses
- Different types of fibers, Fabrics & yarn manufacturing & performance, Weaving Technology
- Textile testing & quality control
- Modern methods in yarn products
- Bleaching , Dying & Printing.
Chemical / Printing Engg.
Elementary knowledge of Fluid Flow, Chemical process industry, Agro based
industries, Petro chemicals Introduction of printing machines/presses, types of
Classification of various potteryproductions, ceramic material & their properties
Vitamins, cereals & Pulses milk & milk powder preservation of food process.
Others Engg. Courses
(i) Agriculture Introduction to Farm equipment
(ii) Architecture: History of Indian Architecture, building topologies.
(iii) Fashion Design & Fashion Techonology: Knowledge of Fashion Technology, History & culture, Introduction to garment manufacturing machines & tools.
Haryana LEET Exam Pattern
There will be one question appear of 90 minutes duration and there are 4 sections in the examin one question paper. LEET exams consists of basic science,general awareness and english questions. The other section of the exam consist of technical questions.
Each correct answer is given 1 mark and no marks is deducted for the wrong answers.
The paper will be of online type and the questions will be objective answer type.
Total no of questions will be 90.
It is very important for the candidate to know the exam pattern of the examination to know the respective important questions asked in the examination.It is very important to have an overview of the examination.
One of the most important things that man students ignore is that they should practice as many mock papers as possible.It gives the student an insight into the type of questions which will be asked in the examination.It also helps in improving the speed of solving questions which will surely benefit the candidate.
Students should focus on time management skills as well.It is very important to keep a track on your time.
The result of entrance test is declared on the website www.onlinetesthry.gov.in and www.hstes.org.in as per “Key Dates”. No separate result card is to be sent to the candidates. There will be no re-evaluation / re-checking of answers of the Entrance Tests and no request in this regard will be entertained. After the result of first counseling, the candidate shall report in the allotted institute for admission against the allotted seat along-with all requisite documents/
certificates/ testimonials, photograph as per instructions mentioned.
Two Counselings will be conducted for admission to all Lateral Entry to B.E./ B.Tech Courses for all the seats of Govt./ Govt. Aided/ University Department and 75% seats of Self Financing Institutes only as follows :
1st Counseling – shall be done for all categories namely AIC, HOGC, KM, TFW, SC, BC-A, BC-B, PH, ESM (with all priorities) and FF of all categories with 25% Horizontal Female reservation.
2nd Counseling – shall be done for all categories namely AIC, HOGC, K M, TFW, SC, BC (by merging BCA and BCB in BC), PH and merging all ESM (all priorities) and FF with 25% Horizontal Female reservation.
Reservation of Seats
The left over/ vacant/ unfilled seats of first year in various institutions can be permitted to be filled after internal sliding of Branch and the net vacancy subject to authentication by the affiliating universities. So, the exact availability of seats for B.E. / B.Tech. (LEET) are subject to change by the competent authority. The exact distribution shall be displayed at the time of counseling
As per AICTE, seats in lateral entry may be taken up to a maximum of 20% of sanctioned intake.
Seats up to maximum 5 percent of sanctioned intake per course shall be available for Tuition Fee Waiver (TFW) Scheme of AICTE in all institutions approved by AICTE. These seats are supernumerary in nature and will be available to such courses in an institute, were a minimum of 30% of sanctioned seats are filled up. These seats shall be filled through online counseling on the basis of OLET of B.Tech (Lateral Entry)-2018
For Govt./ Govt Aided: The reservation policy notified by the State Government Haryana is applicable to the AICTE approved Technical Institutions
- State reservation policy at the time of counseling (for preparation of seat matrix) shall be followed.
- 25% horizontal reservation in all above categories shall be provided for girl Candidates.
For private unaided institutions
The sanctioned intake in private unaided institutions shall be distributed as under
- 25% of sanctioned intake shall be filled by the institution
- 75% of sanctioned intake shall be filled through HSTES
The private institutes have voluntarily opted that admissions of 75% of sanctioned intake in their institutes shall be done by HSTES from Haryana resident and All India open (AIO) category candidates as per the reservation policy in counseling’s described above.
For private unaided Minority institutions
All India Category seats not exceeding upto 15% (at the discretion of the Management as above)
- Minority Quota – 42.5% of sanctioned intake fixed by the State Govt. vide notification No. 20/5/2004 4TE, dated 25.06.2004.
- Balance- 42.5% (half for Haryana Open General and half for reserved categories of Haryanhttps://files.aglasem.com/view/?link=//drive.google.com/file/d/13V4i1fKeTIOHJPp8MZAIWUHREQhnWH95/preview&title=Haryana+LEET+Admission+Information+Brochure+2018https://files.aglasem.com/view/?link=//drive.google.com/file/d/13V4i1fKeTIOHJPp8MZAIWUHREQhnWH95/preview&title=Haryana+LEET+Admission+Information+Brochure+2018a in the ratio as specified above.
Haryana LEET For TFW Category
Department of Technical Education, Haryana also provides admission in B.E / B.Tech Lateral Entry Courses for TFW Category. Eligible candidates under Tution Fee Waiver category can apply for the same. Admission in TFW category in Diploma(Engg.) Lateral Entry shall be based on merit / rank of DET(L)-2018. Candidates under TFW Category can apply for the courses through online mode. Candidates have to fill the application form and report at any designated center with Income Certificate of Parents and Haryana Resident Certificate. Candidates must read all the instructions carefully as Non submission of required documents may lead to rejection of your application.
Official website: www.hstes.org.in.
For more details of Haryana LEET Entrance Test 2018 – Download Information Brochure.
For more details of TFW Category- Click here.