IIFT 2019 – Entrance Exam of MBA (IB) 2019-21 program will be held on December 02, 2018. The admission of candidates will be on the basis of the Written test, Essay write-up, Group Discussion and Interview. Now, based on the marks obtained in the written test, candidates will be called for Group Discussion and Interview to be held betwe the 04th week of January and middle of February. In all as per last year, there were 220 seats in IIFT Kolkata and 140 seats in IIFT Delhi for MBA IB programme. Indian Institute of Foreign Trade will conducts MBA IB entrance examination on December 02, 2018. Get here complete details of IIFT 2019 MBA Exam from here.
Note important dates and events of IIFT 2019 exam which is being held for MBA IB admissions.
|Availability of IIFT 2019 online application form||Last week of July 2018|
|Closing date to submit application form||Second week of September 2018|
|Last date for Foreign and NRI applicants to apply and submit GMAT scores||Second week of Feb 2019|
|Last date to opt for centre change||First week of November 2018|
|Download IIFT 2019 admit card for MBA entrance exam||Second week of Nov 2018|
|IIFT 2019 MBA IB exam date||02 Dec 2018|
|Declaration of IIFT 2019 result||First week of Jan 2019|
|Download of IIFT 2019 Score Card||Second week Jan 2019|
|Writing Skills Assessment, Group Discussion and Interview||04th week of Jan / Mid-Feb 2019|
IIFT Eligibility Criteria 2019
Applicant must have Bachelor degree of at least 3 years in any discipline, with at least 50% marks (45% for SC / ST / PwD candidates).
There is no age limit.
Note – In the event that a candidate takes admission in IIFT but later gets less than requisite marks in graduation, then his/her candidature will be cancelled. Also admission of such students who do not update qualification status after admission will be cancelled.
IIFT 2019 Application Form
IIFT 2019 application form will be available online. Check eligibility criteria before applying.
- Visit IIFT website (www.iift.edu).
- Click Application form for Full Time MBA(IB) 2019-21 link.
- Scroll down on this page which is titled “Admissions 2019 – Admission to MBA(IB) 2019-21 at New Delhi, Kolkata, Kakinada (Andhra Pradesh)”. Download information brochure and read it. Click Apply Online link.
- Read instructions carefully.
- Click apply now link on left side of page.
- There are three links on IIFT 2019 registration page: For general candidates, For SC / ST / PwD / OBC NCL candidates, For Foreign Nationals / NRI candidates. Select one that suits as per eligibility and proceed.
- Fill online application form, upload documents, and pay application fee.
|General / OBC||Rs 1550|
|SC / ST / PWD||Rs 775|
|Foreign Nationals / NRIs||US$ 80 / Rs 4500|
IIFT 2019 Syllabus
IIFT 2019 syllabus indicates topics from which questions will be asked in entrance exam, which are as follows.
- English grammar
- General knowledge
- Current affairs
- Logical reasoning
- Data interpretation
- Quantitative analysis
Preparation for IIFT entrance exam can go simultaneously with other that for other MBA entrance exams. Books for IIFT 2019 entrance exams can be referred to practice past year paper questions.
- Grade A by NAAC with CGPA score of 3.53.
- Super League 1 in Best B-School Ranking 2017 by Business Standard.
- A+++ which is highest B-School rating by Business Management Chronicle 2016.
- Number 2 in Top Government B-Schools of India by GHRDC CSR B School Survey 2016.
- Number 10 in Business World Survey 2016.
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) – About
- IIFT offers several programs including PhD, Diploma, Certificate.
- MBA in International Business at IIFT Delhi and Kolkata are flagship programs.
- Institute holds entrance exam for MBA IB admissions on yearly basis. More than 52,000 students apply for it.
- Placements at institute are 100%. 3 Students of IIFT were offered 1cr+ packages in 2015-17 batch.
IIFT Delhi Campus
Campus of Indian Institute of Foreign Trade in Delhi is in Qutab Institutional Area. It is built over an area of 6.5 acres.
IIFT Kolkata Campus
It became functional in 2006 in East Kolkata. Area covered by Kolkata IIFT campus is 7 acres.
IIFT Kakinada Campus
Government of Andhra Pradesh has given a land of 25 acres to IIFT. Campus will be similar to that in Delhi and Kolkata. IIFT will function on rented premises in Kakinada subject to approval of UGC.
Placement Record of IIFT MBA IB
Placement Cell of IIFT guides and assists two year full time MBA IB students to secure good jobs. Several alumni hold reputed positions in top companies in world.
2017 Placement Stats
- 3 Students got 1 crore plus salary package.
- 6 Students got 75 lakh plus salary package.
- 81 Companies recruited students from IIFT Delhi and Kolkata.
- Highest international salary package is US$ 1.5 LPA.
- Highest domestic salary package is INR 26 LPA.
- Average salary offered to students was 18.43 LPA.
- 20 International offers were made.
- 74 Pre Placement Offers were made.
IIFT MBA International Business 2019-21
MBA (International Business) is a six trimester general management programme with a focus on International Business for developing a competent cadre of business executives to meet the country’s growing requirements for trained personnel in the field of International Business Management. Developments in the international market on the one hand and the consequential impact of the same on India’s domestic market on the other, call for an increasingly professional approach and sensitivity to international business environment.
|Core Courses||Elective Courses|
|Electives with IB focus||General electives|
- Comprehensive Viva
- Foreign Language (French / Spanish / Mandarin)
- Research / Live Project
- Sea Port Visit
- Social Awareness Programme
- Summer Project
IIFT MBA IB Fee Structure 2019
- Annual tuition fee: Rs 7,85,000 which can be paid in three instalments.
- Other charges: Rs 32,500 for first year, Rs 22,500 for second year.
- SC, ST, PwD students get 50% concession on tuition fee.
- Foreign/NRI: Will pay tuition fee with other charges in single instalment. Fee is US$ 30,000 per year, and other charges of Rs 32,500 for first year and Rs 22,500 for second year.
IIFT 2019 MBA Entrance Exam Pattern
- Question type: Multiple Choice Questions
- Mode of exam: Written
- Language of paper: English
- Total time duration: 120 minutes
There will be questions on English Grammar, Vocabulary and Comprehension, General Knowledge & Current Affairs, Logical Reasoning, Data Interpretation and Quantitative Analysis in IIFT 2019 MBA IB entrance exam. Anything more on this such as number of questions from each section and so on can only be discerned from past year papers. An analysis of past year IIFT exam pattern is given below.
|Section number||Section name||Total questions||Marks per question||Total marks|
|Section 1||General awareness||25||0.5||12.5|
|Section 2 – Part 1||Reading comprehension||16||1||16|
|Section 2 – Part 2||English usage||20||0.75||15|
|Section 3||Quantitative ability||20||1||20|
|Section 4 – Part 1||Logical reasoning||22||0.75||16.5|
|Section 4 – Part 2||Data interpretation||20||1||20|
There was negative marking of one-third of mark allotted to that question for incorrect answers.
MBA IB 2019-21 Admission Process
Components of IIFT 2019 MBA IB admission: Written Test, Group Discussion, Writing Skills Assessment and Interview.
- IIFT will hold entrance exam on December 02, 2018. It will be a 2 hour written exam in 20 cities in India.
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade will fix cutoff in written exam to select students for Writing Skills Assessment, Group Discussion and Interview.
- Writing Skills Assessment, Group Discussion and Interview will be held in January / February 2019 at Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Lucknow and Mumbai. Students who opt for Allahabad, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh, Coimbatore, Dehradun, Guwahati, Indore, Jaipur, Jamshedpur, Kochi, Nagpur and Visakhapatnam as centres for written test need to select one of the above-specified centres for Writing Skills Assessment, GD and Interview.
IIFT 2019 Admit Card
Candidates will be able to download admit card from official website. On scheduled date, IIFT shall upload admit cards of applicants which they can download by logging in. Open soft copy of IIFT 2019 admit card and print it on a plain white sheet of paper. Read instructions in it and adhere to them. Reach exam center by 9 AM on day of exam with one of following documents.
- Election I-Card
- Aadhar Card
- PAN Card
- Driving License
- College I-Card
IIFT MBA IB Cut Offs
Decided by the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, cut offs will be announced after result. Check here the IIFT Cut Off of past year for each section and minimum marks category wise.
|Test||Section cut off|
|Verbal ability and Reading comprehension||8.75|
|Logical reasoning and Data interpretation||8.68|
The candidates who have cleared all the sectional cut offs and obtained minimum marks are shortlisted for the second round of selection process. Minimum marks overall is as given below category wise.
|SC / ST / PH||38.50|
IIFT offers several programs. A list of them is given below.
- Ph.D. Programme at Delhi and Kolkata.
- Two-year MBA (International Business) at New Delhi and Kolkata.
- Two Years & Six Months MBA (International Business) Weekend at New Delhi and
- Two-year MBA (International Business) at Dar-es-Salaam (Tanzania).
- Executive Post Graduate Diploma in International Business at New Delhi and Kolkata.
- Executive Post Graduate Diploma in International Marketing at New Delhi.
- Executive Post Graduate Diploma in Finance at New Delhi.
- Executive Post Graduate Diploma in International Business – Hybrid (through HUGHES
- Communication Ltd.).
- Executive Post Graduate Diploma Programme in International Business Strategy – Hybrid
- (thru NIIT Imperia).
- Post Graduate Certificate Programme in International Business and Finance- Hybrid (thru
- TECH Mahindra).
- Certificate Programme in Export Import Management: On campus and Hybrid.
- Certificate Programme in Global Trade Logistics and Operations at New Delhi.
Official Website: www.tedu.iift.ac.in
For more details, candidates can download Information Brochure.
Insofar, only examination date of IIFT 2019 MBA IB admission has been announced. Official details of IIFT 2019 MBA IB admission have not been announced. Information on this page is as per last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as IIFT 2019 MBA IB admission information brochure releases, details will be updated here.