The entrance exam for IIFT 2019 has been conducted successfully at all the test centers. The result for IIFT entrance exam 2019 has been announced on January 15, 2019. The admission of candidates in the MBA (International Business) programme for the academic session 2019 is done on the basis of the candidate’s performance in the written examination. The further selected candidates will then be eligible to appear for the Essay write-up, Group Discussion, and Interview. The Group Discussion and Interview to be held between the 04th week of January and middle of February. There are 200 seats in IIFT Kolkata and 220 seats in IIFT Delhi for MBA IB programme. Get here complete details of IIFT 2019 MBA Exam from here.
Note important dates and events of IIFT 2019 exam which is being held for MBA IB admissions.
|IIFT 2019||Important Dates|
|Availability of IIFT 2019 online application form||06 Aug 2018|
|Closing date to submit application form|
|Last date for Foreign and NRI applicants to apply and submit GMAT scores||15 Feb 2019|
|Last date to opt for centre change||05 Nov 2018|
|Download IIFT 2019 admit card for MBA entrance exam||16 Nov 2018|
|IIFT 2019 MBA IB exam date||02 Dec 2018|
|Declaration of IIFT 2019 result||15 Jan 2019|
|Download of IIFT 2019 Score Card||24 Jan 2019|
|Writing Skills Assessment, Group Discussion and Interview||Feb 2019|
|Final Result declaration||18 Apr 2019|
IIFT 2019 Exam Analysis
The exam analysis for IIFT MBA IB 2019 has been released. With the help of the exam analysis, the candidates will get to know the most difficult section, what is the good score in each section, any major surprises, if there is any, expected cut off, etc. The candidates can check the major highlights of the IIFT 2019 exam below.
–> Major Highlights of IIFT Exam 2019 Analysis <–
- The Quant Section was the most difficult.
- There were 05 Passages in the Reading Comprehension section, out of which 3 were easy and two were long, but yet it was a doable section.
- Logical Reasoning had a mixed response of the candidates. Some students said that it was Easy while others commented that it was as difficult as Quant.
- There was no change in the exam pattern and marking scheme for IIFT 2019
- Data Interpretation was of Moderate difficulty level. Some questions were tricky and more of calculation based
- General Awareness had Normal questions and was of Moderate difficulty level.
IIFT Answer Key and Question Paper 2019
The exam conducting body will release the IIFT Answer Key and Question Paper for Set A, B, C, D. However, before the official answer key, the candidates will get the Unofficial Answer Key for IIFT 2019 which is going to be released by various coaching institutes soon. The candidates can use the answer key and question to cross-check their answers and on the basis of that, they can calculate their probable score. Now, remember that the probable score obtain with the help of the IIFT Answer Key 2019 may not be same as the result, but at least this will give you a rough idea om what is your status on qualifying the test.
IIFT 2019 Cut Off
To qualify the written examiantion of IIFT 2019, the candidates need to obtain minimum cut off marks in each section. The Institute has mentioned that there will be a section cut off, which means, only those candidates can qualify for the next stage of the admission who will secure marks above the sectional cut off.
The cut off for IIFT 2019 is not yet available, however, the candidates can refer to the expected cut off which has been prepared on the basis of the exam analysis.
|S. No.||Section||No. of Questions||IIFT 2019 Expected Cut Off||Previous Year Cut off for IIFT||Remarks|
|I||Reading Comprehension||16||2.5-2.75||2.69||RC was slightly tough than last year, hence the cut off may dip by 01 marks|
|II||Verbal Ability||20||3.25-3.5||3.35||Likewise, for Verbal Ability, it was slightly tough than last year, hence the cut off may dip by 01 marks|
|III||Quantitative Aptitude||20||3-3.25||3.01||QA was also tougher in comparison to last year. The cutoff mat dip by 01 marks this year|
|IV||Data Interpretation||20||0.75||0.25||DI was the easiest of them all, hence, the cut off shall increase|
|V||Logical Reasoning||20||4-4.5||5.67||LR got mixed reviews, however, the majority said that it was the toughest, hence, it is expected that the cut off may dip by 02 marks|
|VI||General Awareness||18||0.82||0.82||The difficulty level of GK was very much same as last year, hence, the expected cut off shall be same|
IIFT Eligibility Criteria 2019
- Recognized Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 years duration in any discipline with 50% marks in Graduation (45% for SC/ST/PWD candidates).
- Candidates appearing in final year of Graduation can also apply subject to submission of proof of requisite qualification by 7th October 2019.
- No age limit.
Eligibility for Foreign National and NRI
- In order to qualify as an international; candidate for the purpose of applying to IIFT entrance exam, a candidate should have been (expected to be) resident outside India for a period of not less than 18 months as on December 31, 2018 and be outside India during the IIFT examination window. The Indian nationals who are living, working, studying abroad should produce with application a certificate from the Indian Embassy / High Commission /Consulate of the country where the candidate is currently based, stated that the candidate has been resident in that country continuously for a period of not less than 18 months as on December 31, 2018.
- Candidates appearing for a qualifying examination can also apply subject to submission of proof of requisite qualification by October 07, 2019
- Recognized Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years’ duration with minimum 50% marks.
- Foreign nationals need to have a valid passport/travel document from a country other than India. The Foreign nationals who are present in India at the time of IIFT entrance test are required to take the same.
- The candidate should produce Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) score which should be received by the Institute latest by 15th February 2019. GMAT taken before 1st January 2017 is not valid.
- If the candidate has appeared for any MBA entrance examination for that year in India (2018) such as CAT /XAT /IIFT etc., he /she is not eligible to apply.
- Transcripts of all academic degrees/diplomas are required to be submitted along with the application. Grades or marks may be self-reported. Originals are required to be produced at the time of admission.
IIFT 2019 Application Form
IIFT 2019 application form is available online. Check eligibility criteria before applying.
- Visit IIFT website (www.iift.edu).
- Click Application form for Full Time MBA(IB) 2019-21 link.
- Scroll down on this page which is titled “Admissions 2019 – Admission to MBA(IB) 2019-21 at New Delhi, Kolkata, Kakinada (Andhra Pradesh)”. Download information brochure and read it. Click Apply Online link.
- Read instructions carefully.
- Click apply now link on left side of page.
- There are three links on IIFT 2019 registration page: For general candidates, For SC / ST / PwD / OBC NCL candidates, For Foreign Nationals / NRI candidates. Select one that suits as per eligibility and proceed.
- Fill online application form, upload documents, and pay application fee.
|General / OBC||Rs 1650|
|SC / ST / PWD||Rs 825|
|Foreign Nationals / NRIs||US$ 85 / Rs 5500|
IIFT 2019 Syllabus
IIFT 2019 syllabus indicates topics from which questions will be asked in entrance exam, which are as follows.
- English grammar
- General knowledge
- Current affairs
- Logical reasoning
- Data interpretation
- Quantitative analysis
Preparation for IIFT entrance exam can go simultaneously with other that for other MBA entrance exams. Books for IIFT 2019 entrance exams can be referred to practice past year paper questions.
- Grade A by NAAC with CGPA score of 3.53.
- Ranked 23rd by NIRF in 2018.
- Super League 1 in Best B-School Ranking 2017 by Business Standard.
- A+++ which is highest B-School rating by Business Management Chronicle 2016.
- Number 2 in Top Government B-Schools of India by GHRDC CSR B School Survey 2016.
- Top 10 bussiness school In India.
- Ranked 6 under best Government Universities in India by India Today in 2018.
- Ranked 9 in India’s Best B-School by Business Today – MDRA survey 2017
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) – About
- IIFT offers several programs including PhD, Diploma, Certificate.
- MBA in International Business at IIFT Delhi and Kolkata are flagship programs.
- Institute holds entrance exam for MBA IB admissions on yearly basis. More than 62,000 students apply for it.
- Placements at institute are 100%. 4 Students of IIFT were offered US$150,000 p.a. packages in 2016-18 batch.
IIFT Delhi Campus
Campus of Indian Institute of Foreign Trade in Delhi is in Qutab Institutional Area. It is built over an area of 6.5 acres.
IIFT Kolkata Campus
It became functional in 2006 in East Kolkata. Area covered by Kolkata IIFT campus is 7 acres.
IIFT Kakinada Campus
Government of Andhra Pradesh has given a land of 25 acres to IIFT. Campus will be similar to that in Delhi and Kolkata. IIFT will function on rented premises in Kakinada subject to approval of UGC.
Placement Record of IIFT MBA IB
Placement Cell of IIFT guides and assists two year full time MBA IB students to secure good jobs. Several alumni hold reputed positions in top companies in world.
2018 Placement Stats
- 4 Students got US$150,000 p.a. plus salary package.
- 7 Students gotUS$80,000 p.a. plus salary package.
- The average compensation offered to the IIFT students this year went as high as 19.23 LPA per annum, with the domestic average standing at 18.27 LPA.
- A total of 31 students were placed in International Business roles.
- 93 PPOs were made in comparison to 74 last year
- Highest international salary package is US$ 1.5 LPA.
- Highest domestic salary package is INR 29 LPA.
- More than 20 International offers were made.
- 93 Pre Placement Offers were made.
IIFT MBA International Business 2019-21
MBA (International Business) is a six trimester general management programme with a focus on International Business for developing a competent cadre of business executives to meet the country’s growing requirements for trained personnel in the field of International Business Management. Developments in the international market on the one hand and the consequential impact of the same on India’s domestic market on the other, call for an increasingly professional approach and sensitivity to international business environment.
|Core Courses||Elective Courses|
|Electives with IB focus||General electives|
- Comprehensive Viva
- Foreign Language (French / Spanish / Mandarin)
- Research / Live Project
- Sea Port Visit
- Social Awareness Programme
- Summer Project
IIFT MBA IB Fee Structure 2019
- Annual tuition fee: Rs 8,35,000 which can be paid in three instalments.
- Other charges: Rs 32,500 for first year, Rs 22,500 for second year.
- SC, ST, PwD students get 50% concession on tuition fee.
- Foreign/NRI: Will pay tuition fee with other charges in single instalment. Fee is US$ 30,000 per year, and other charges of Rs 32,500 for first year and Rs 22,500 for second year.
IIFT 2019 MBA Entrance Exam Pattern
- Question type: Multiple Choice Questions
- Mode of exam: Written
- Language of paper: English
- Total time duration: 120 minutes
There will be questions on English Grammar, Vocabulary and Comprehension, General Knowledge & Current Affairs, Logical Reasoning, Data Interpretation and Quantitative Analysis in IIFT 2019 MBA IB entrance exam. Anything more on this such as number of questions from each section and so on can only be discerned from past year papers. An analysis of past year IIFT exam pattern is given below.
|Section number||Section name||Total questions||Marks per question||Total marks|
|Section 1||General awareness||25||0.5||12.5|
|Section 2 – Part 1||Reading comprehension||16||1||16|
|Section 2 – Part 2||English usage||20||0.75||15|
|Section 3||Quantitative ability||20||1||20|
|Section 4 – Part 1||Logical reasoning||22||0.75||16.5|
|Section 4 – Part 2||Data interpretation||20||1||20|
There was negative marking of one-third of mark allotted to that question for incorrect answers.
MBA IB 2019-21 Admission Process
Components of IIFT 2019 MBA IB admission: Written Test, Group Discussion, Writing Skills Assessment and Interview.
- IIFT will hold entrance exam on December 02, 2018. It will be a 2 hour written exam in 20 cities in India.
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade will fix cutoff in written exam to select students for Writing Skills Assessment, Group Discussion and Interview.
- Writing Skills Assessment, Group Discussion and Interview will be held in January / February 2019 at Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Lucknow and Mumbai. Students who opt for Allahabad, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh, Coimbatore, Dehradun, Guwahati, Indore, Jaipur, Jamshedpur, Kochi, Nagpur and Visakhapatnam as centres for written test need to select one of the above-specified centres for Writing Skills Assessment, GD and Interview.
IIFT 2019 Admit Card
Candidates can able to download the admit card from the official website. On the scheduled date, IIFT shall upload admit cards of applicants which they can download by logging in. Open soft copy of IIFT 2019 admit card and print it on a plain white sheet of paper. Read instructions in it and adhere to them. Reach exam center by 9 AM on the day of the exam with one of following documents.
- Election I-Card
- Aadhar Card
- PAN Card
- Driving License
- College I-Card
IIFT MBA IB Cut Offs
Decided by the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, cut offs will be announced after result. Check here the IIFT Cut Off of past year for each section and minimum marks category wise.
|Test||Section cut off|
|Verbal ability and Reading comprehension||8.75|
|Logical reasoning and Data interpretation||8.68|
The candidates who have cleared all the sectional cut offs and obtained minimum marks are shortlisted for the second round of selection process. Minimum marks overall is as given below category wise.
|SC / ST / PH||38.50|
IIFT offers several programs. A list of them is given below.
- Ph.D. Programme at Delhi and Kolkata.
- Two-year MBA (International Business) at New Delhi and Kolkata.
- Two Years & Six Months MBA (International Business) Weekend at New Delhi and
- Two-year MBA (International Business) at Dar-es-Salaam (Tanzania).
- Executive Post Graduate Diploma in International Business at New Delhi and Kolkata.
- Executive Post Graduate Diploma in International Marketing at New Delhi.
- Executive Post Graduate Diploma in Finance at New Delhi.
- Executive Post Graduate Diploma in International Business – Hybrid (through HUGHES
- Communication Ltd.).
- Executive Post Graduate Diploma Programme in International Business Strategy – Hybrid
- (thru NIIT Imperia).
- Post Graduate Certificate Programme in International Business and Finance- Hybrid (thru
- TECH Mahindra).
- Certificate Programme in Export Import Management: On campus and Hybrid.
- Certificate Programme in Global Trade Logistics and Operations at New Delhi.
Official Website: www.tedu.iift.ac.in
For more details, candidates can download Information Brochure.