Council of Architecture (COA) every year invites the applicants for National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA). It releases the online application form for the entrance examination. It is a national level examination in which lakhs of candidates participate every year. The council shall release the notification for admission in the month of December 2017. All the details regarding the entrance examination (NATA) will be published on the official website at the notified date. The application process will only be completed through Online mode. Candidates who will apply for the examination have to fill all the mandatory details in the application form such as father’s name, mother’s name, postal address and date of birth, uploading of the scanned images and payment of the fee. A prescribed amount of application fee has to be paid by the applicants while submitting the application form.
The NATA 2018 Application form will most probably be released in the month of January 2018. The NATA ensures the eligibility of the candidate as prescribed by the COA and duly approved by the Central Government. The eligibility criteria are strictly taken into consideration while admitting the candidates in the course. Candidates who shall complete the age of 17 years as on July 31, 2017, and have passed the class 12th with at least 50% aggregate marks will be able to apply for National Aptitude Test in Architecture. The candidates need to visit the official website at http://nata.nic.in to fill the application form for NATA 2018. All the details regarding the NATA application form are discussed in this article. The expected dates for NATA 2018 are mentioned below.
Candidates should note that the information given in this article is based on the previous year information. The dates for NATA 2018 has not yet released by the authority. The article will be updated soon as per the official announcement.
Tentative Dates for NATA 2018
The expected dates for NATA 2018 are given below in the table:
|Start of Online form fill-up
||1st week of January 2018
||2nd week of February 2018
|Date and Time of Examination
||2nd week of April 2018
Before filling the NATA 2018 application form, candidates must have a look at eligibility criteria for the examination.
See whether you are eligible or not?
Candidates who wish to apply for National Aptitude Test in Architecture must be eligible for the entrance examination. To fulfill the eligibility criteria, the candidate must have the following qualifications:
- Qualified the National Aptitude Test in Architecture e.i, NATA 2017 or NATA 2018.
- Candidates must have passed the class 12th examination with mathematics as the main subject and should have scored 50% aggregate in all the subjects. OR
- Candidate should have passed in 10+3 (diploma) in any stream from the recognised institute as mathematics one of the main subjects with 50% aggregate. OR
- Passed in international baccalaureate diploma with mathematics as the main subject of examination with 50% of aggregate.
- Candidates appearing in any of the above-mentioned examination may also apply for the National Aptitude Test in Architecture.
- A candidate applying for entrance test must have completed the age of 17 years as on July 31, 2018. There is no lower age limit for appearing in NATA 2018
Candidates have to pay a requisite amount of application fee which will be mandatory for all the candidates who want to apply for the examination. All the candidates irrespective of their category and gender must pay application fee of Rs. 1250/-
The candidate can pay the application fee through online mode or official mode. The application fee will be paid either through “Payment of fee using EPG services” by using Debit/ Credit card/ Net banking or through “ICICI Bank e-challan”
How to Fill the Application Form?
The NATA 2018 application form will most probably be released in the month of January 2018. It will be filled and submitted through online mode. The application form will be available on the official website of NATA at nata.nic.in as per the notified dates. Before filling the application form, candidates must read the eligibility criteria for the entrance examination very carefully. The form will be interactive in nature and the fields required to be filled up are categorized in different sub-sections.
Instructions to fill the Application Form of NATA 2018
The NATA 2018 application form will be filled in three steps; Personal Details, Document Uploading, and Fee payment. The candidates have to fill the forming step by step. After the successful submission of the application form, the confirmation page will be generated on the screen. The steps to fill the application form are mentioned below:
- First of all, a candidate needs to visit the official website of NATA 2018 at nata.nic.in. After visiting the website, click on Apply Online tab.
- The first step is to register for NATA 2018 filling the personal details.
- After filling the personal details in the registration form, the system will generate a unique 7-digit numeric Application Number for the candidate.
- The candidate has to choose a strong password and should keep it safe for the future entries.
- A security question will also be captured by the system for the security purpose. If in case candidate forgot his or her password then the system will ask the security question. Therefore, candidates must remember the question and answer.
- The second step is to upload the scanned images in the prescribed format.
- The applicant has to upload the Recent colored Passport sized Photograph, Left Thumb Impression, and own signature.
- The dimensions, file size, and the format the images that have to be uploaded are given below in the table:
Upload of Images
||Size of the Image
||Dimensions of the Image
||Min 4 kb and Max 100 kb
||4.5cm (height) x 3.5cm (width)
||Min 1 kb and Max 30 kb
||1.5cm (height) x 3.5cm (
|Left Thumb Impression
||Min 1 kb and Max 30 kb
||1.5cm (height) x 3.5cm (width)
Note- Documents have to be in jpg/jpeg format. The page size of the document is to be in A4 format.
- The last and the important step is to pay the prescribed amount of application fee of Rs. 1250/- The application fee will be submitted after the successful completion of all the steps mentioned above. The modes of submitting the application fee are discussed below:
Modes of paying Application Fee
The application fee will be submitted either through offline or mode or online mode. There are two mediums of payment i.e, Payment through EPG and payment through ICICI Bank e-Challan. Both the methods of payment are discussed below:
Payment through EPG– To pay the application fee through Electronic Payment Gateway (EPG), candidates need to click on the . The system will automatically redirect to Billdesk payment gateway page. In this mo“Payment of fee using EPG services”de, the application fee will be paid by using the Debit/ Credit card or by net banking. After the successful payment through EPG, the candidate will be directed to the confirmation [page of the application fee. The applicant should print the confirmation page and should retain it till the admission
Payment through E- Challan– For the payment through challan, the candidate needs to click on the “ICICI Bank e-challan”. In this method, the application fee will be submitted through the bank.After clicking on the link, an e- challan will be generated by the system. The candidate has to take a printout of it and take it to the nearest Core Banking Service (CBS) facility enabled Branch of the Bank for making payment. After the payment in the bank, the candidate has to login to the system and upload the details written on the challan (Journal No., Branch Name, and Date etc.) by the bank official. After the successful payment, the confirmation page shall appear on the screen. Candidates have to take a printout of the confirmation page and should retain it till selection.
- A confirmation page will be generated after the successful submission of the NATA 2018 application form. Its generation shall confirm that the candidate has been successfully Registering for the examination.
Discrepancy and Correction of the application form
In case, candidate has done some mistakes while filling the application form then you don’t have to be worried at all. There will be a window period during which the candidates would be allowed to change their data. The candidate is required to enter their domain by typing the Application Number and password in the specified space through nata.nic.in for getting intimation regarding any discrepancy about the data or uploaded documents by the Council.
If you have any queries regarding NATA Application Form, please ask in comments below.
NATA Complete Information
Discussion - If you have any query / feedback comment here.