Odisha B.P.Ed. Admission 2020 – Sports and Youth Service Department, Govt. of Odisha releases application form for B.P.Ed. admission online at SAMS (Students Academic Management System). Candidates can fill the application form on the official website which is samsodisha.gov.in. Once that done candidates have to appear for document verification and physical fitness test. The score from this is going to be displayed on the home page of SAMS. Qualifying candidates are going to be eligible for admission in Govt. College of Physical Education, Bhubaneswar (GCPEB) and Govt. College of Physical Education, Sambalpur (GCPES). For information regarding admission, eligibility, selection process and more about Odisha B.P.Ed. Admission 2020. Check the content on this page.
Odisha B.P.Ed. Admission 2020
Candidates applying for admission need to be familiar with reading, writing, and speaking of Odia language. To apply for it candidates need to know the important events of Odisha B.P.Ed. admission and their dates. Check that in the table given below:
|Odisha B.P.Ed. Admission 2020||Important Dates|
|Availability of CAF (Common Application Form)||4th week of Jun 2020|
|Last date to apply for CAF||2nd week of Jul 2020|
|Start date for submitting & validation||3rd week of Jul 2020|
|Last date submitting & validation in e-space||3rd week of Jul 2020|
|Availability of Index Card||3rd week of Jul 2020|
|Physical Fitness Test||4th week of Jul 2020|
|Publication of Merit List||1st week of Aug 2020|
|Admission of selected canddiates & updation of|
date at their e-space
|2nd week of Aug 2020|
|Publication of Waiting List||3rd week of Aug 2020|
|Admission of waiting selected candidates &|
updation of date at their e-space
|4th week of Aug 2020|
Eligibilty Criteria For Odisha B.P.Ed. Admission 2020
- GD Goenka University ApplicationGD Goenka University Application Apply Now!!
- Study in Dubai? Get Scholarship.Study in Dubai? Get Scholarship. Apply Now!!
- Manav Rachna University AdmissionManav Rachna University Admission Apply Now!!
- Sharda University Application (Scholarship upto 100%)SUAT 2020 Application Apply Now!!
Before applying for admission form candidates need to be aware of the eligibilty criteria available. This is important because if a candidate is found not eligible at any stage is going to be disqualified. Check the information about it below:
For SC/ST/Women the age limit is 33 years, male SEBC and general candidates it is 31 and 28 years, in- service candidates it is 45 years.
- Bachelors degree in any discpline with 50% marks and having at least participation in the intern – college/zonal/school competition in sports and games as recognized by the AIU/ IOA/ SGFI/ Govt. of India.
- Bachelor degree in physical education (B.P.E.) with 45% marks.
- Bachelor degree in any discipline with 45% and studied physical education as an elective or compulsory subject.
- Bachelor degree in any discipline with 45% and having participated in National/ Inter University/ State competitions or secured some any first three position in intern – college/zonal/school competition.
- Bachelor degree with participation in international competition.
- Graduation with 45% marks and at least three years of teaching experience with CPED course.
- Candidates currently appearing for their qualifying examination can also apply for B.P.Ed. course.
Candidates applying for admission in B.P.Ed. course need to familiar with speaking, reading, and writing of Odia. They also need to have odia as a language subject in ME Standard.
Odisha B.P.Ed. Admission 2020 Application Form
For an easy application of admission form candidates can refer to the below given information:
How To Apply – Visit the official website of SAMS Odisha and then click on “Physical Education” for the home page. Later on, click on “Register here for application form” sign up and then get your username and password. From that information sign in and then watch the video instruction for filling CAF (Common Application Form). Then fill the application form with details and upload the signature and recent passport size color photograph. Before the final submission check the information and if something is wrong to change it with the “Back to Modify” button.
Submission – After submitting the form candidates are going to receive a reference number. Then they have to click on “Print CAF” to print CAF. Which is going to contain one college and applicant copy. Candidates have to submit their college copy with affixing their colored passport photograph, signature, and documents. Once done candidates have to submit their college copy with fees at GCPEB / GCPES CAF receiving counter.
Mode of Submission by Registered Post/Speed Post – All applicants have to send their duly filled – in CAF in an envelope with all the documents photocopies and a DD of Rs. 100/- in favor of Principal, GCPEB/GCPES.
Documents – Candidates have to submit some documents along with CAF college copy which they can check below:
- H.S.C. certificate (for proof of age ) and mark sheet.
- +2 certificate and mark sheet
- +3 (BA, B.Sc., B.Com or equivalent) certificate and mark sheet.
- N.I.S. certificate (Diploma inn Coaching)
- Conduct certificate issued by the institution last attended
- Cast certificate
- Medical certificate in original available in application form Govt. registered Medical Officer.
- Residential certificate
- 3 attested recent passport size photograph.
- Certificate to the effect that candidates have passed M.E. Standard in Odia language.
- In – service candidates have to send their application through a proper channel along with copy of the letter of permission from the appointing authority.
Selection Process For Odisha B.P.Ed. Admission 2020
For getting selected in B.P.Ed. course candidates have to go through some stages. These stages are described below check them:
Document Verification – After applying for the B.P.Ed. course candidates have to appear for doument validation. The verification is going to be held at the GCPEB/GCPES. where all the submitted documents along with CAF is going to be validated by the subject experts.
Physical Fitness Test – Once that finished candidates are going to be called for a physical fitness test. An index card is going to be issued at their e – space which they can download to appear for test. The qualifying score from this is going to be uploaded on the official website.
Admission Process – Selected candidates are going to have their name in the merit list released online. Applicants have to reach the GCPEB/GCPES with needed documents and intimation letter. Candidates can get imitation letter from SMS (if mobile no was added in CAF), email, applicant login, notice board of the applied college. Dates of the admission are going to be updated by colleges in their respective e-space.
Instructions To Follow During Admission Procedure
There are some important instruction candidates have to follow to for admission in the respective college. Check them below:
- Candidates need to provide their imitation letter at the destination college.
- For doument verification candidates have to provide all the original documents. No photocopies are going to be allowed.
- Applicants have to submit 3 color passport size photographs at the time of admission.
Document To Bring During Admission Procedure
At the time of admission candidates have to produce the original copy of below mentioned documents. Check them below:
- Intimation letter
- Original College leaving certificate
- Original Secondary certificate, Degree certificate, B.Sc. (Physical Education) / B.P.Ed. Certificate and mark sheet to prove the percentage of marks.
- Conduct certificate from the head of the institution last conducted.
- Caste Certificate
- University Registration Receipt / Migration Certificate for other University Candidates or within one month of the date of admission.
- Relive order in case of in-service candidates
- Affidavit in respect of genuineness of all certification form a notary public.
- Undertaking for submission of authentic document.
Physical Fitness Test For Odisha B.P.Ed. Admission 2020
To qualify for admission in B.P.Ed. candidates have to get a score of 40% at least. However, in the case of PWD candidates, the qualifying is only going to be based on academic qualification and sports representation only. To know the pattern of test for good preparation candidates can refer to details given below:
- 50 mtrs sprint
- Standing Broad Jump
- Overhead back throw (Men 3 kg, Women 2 kg)
- 1000 miters run/walk
Qualifying Marks For Odisha B.P.Ed. Admission 2020
Applicants applying for B.P.Ed. course are going to selected based on their academic performance, sports achivement, and physical fitness test score. There is a qualifying score which candidates have to achieve to get admission check below:
Academic performance – 50% (HSC-10%, +2/Intermediate- 15%, +3/Graduation- 25%)
Sports representation – 10%
Physical fitness test – 40 % for general candidates and 30% for In – service candidates
Note – PWD candidates are going to be exempted from physical fitness test. Therefore, their only going to be evaluated on their score in academic performance and sports representation.
Fee Structure For Odisha B.P.Ed. Admission 2020
|Identity Card & Lesson Plan||300|
|Annual Athletic Meet Fee||500|
|Class Examination Fee||300|
|College & Hostel Caution Money||500 (Refund)|
|Cultural & Function||1000|
|Study Tour/ Camping||1000|
|Univeristy Sports Fee||50|
|Student Welfare Fee||500|
Previous Year Statistics of Odisha B.P.Ed. Admission
Their are few seats for admission in B.P.Ed. course and quite a competition for those seats. Candidates can refer to the previous year’s admission statistics for getting an idea of it. Check the table below:
|No of Student registrations||1318|
|No of Online Application||712|
|No of CAF Validated||434|
|No of CAF Rejected||47|
Odisha B.P.Ed. Admission 2020 Reservation and Seats
Their is a reservation policy for different categories admission in B.P.Ed. course. However, in case of non-availability of eligible candidates for reserved seats. They are going to be filled by eligibile candidates of unreserved categories. Check the details below:
Note – it may be known that the 4% of PWD candidates are not going to be reflected on category table. However, they are going to manage seats from their respective categories they belong to.
About SAMS (Students Academic Management System)
SAMS also known as Students Academic Management System is an online system. Where students can take admission into class 12th and degree classes of arts, commerce, and science stream. Along with this, they have vocational and Sanskrit educational institutions. An admission procedure like this is called e-admission. In the present time, SAMS have covered ITI, Diploma Teacher education of different departments, and bachelor in physical education and master in physical education. Other than this, SAMS also take cares of the academic and financial record of each student admitted into a different educational institution.
About Sports & Y.S Department
Sports and Youth Service Department, Govt. of India was established in the year 1995. The purpose behind this was to complete the thrust and attention to sports and youth services matter in the state. To boost these policies they have organized various youth programs towards National Integration Camp, organization of state-level youth festival for participation in the national level competition, youth exchange program and conduct of different adventure sports programs. They have a mission to bring up sports talents of the international level by giving world-class coaching in various sports disciplines.
Odisha B.P.Ed. 2020 Admission Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : Candidates can apply for it at the official website of SAMSA.
Ans : To get admission in B.P.Ed. Odisha for general category male is 28 years.
Ans : Candidates can check the result at the official website of SAMSA.
Ans : Yes, there is a 4% reservation for PWD candidates, However, these seats are going to manage from the seats under the respective category they belong to.
Ans : Candidates are going to get updated dates from the colleges regarding admission in their e-space. Only selected candidates are going to get these dates after the result.
Contact Information – For any queries or concerns regarding the application form. Candidates can contact SAMS at these two numbers 155335 and 1800-345-6770.
Official Website – samsodisha.gov.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.