Rajiv Gandhi University Admission 2020 – Rajiv Gandhi University, formerly known as Arunachal University, was established by the state government of Arunachal Pradesh, in 1984. In 2005 the same has been renamed as Rajiv Gandhi University. Rajiv Gandhi University offers admission to various Postgraduate programmes like M.Phil & Ph.D. for the academic year 2020- 21. Those candidates who are interested in taking admission in Rajiv Gandhi University can apply for the RGUMPET 2020. Get here the complete detail of Rajiv Gandhi University Admission 2020 such as application pocess, eligibility criteria etc.
Rajiv Gandhi University Admission 2020
The University offers Under Graduate, Post-Graduate, M. Phil and Ph.D. programmes. The Department of Education also offers B.Ed. programme. There are fifteen colleges affiliated to the University. Candidates seeking admission to M.Phil/ Ph.D. programmes are required to appear in the entrance test going to be held by Rajiv Gandhi University on given dates. Candidate can download their Admit Card for entrance test from here as per schedule.
The schedule for the Rajiv Gandhi University Admission 2020 is given below.
|Rajiv Gandhi University Admission 2020||Important Dates (Expected)|
|Commencement of Online Admissions||2nd week of May 2020|
|Closing date for Online Admissions||2nd week of June 2020|
|Commencement of Online Admissions||2nd week of May 2020|
|Closing date for Online Admissions||Last week of May 2020|
|Exam Date||2nd week of June 2020|
Rajiv Gandhi University Admission 2020 Courses Offered
- Bachelor of Fine Arts: Total Intake Capacity: 20 Entrance Test: Required (RGUCET)
- Bachelor of Music: Total Intake Capacity: 22 Entrance Test: Required (RGUCET)
- Bachelor of Physical Education: Total Intake Capacity: 32 Entrance Test: Required (RGUCET)
- Bachelor of Education: Entrance Test: Required (RGUCET)
- Bachelor of Computer Application: Entrance Test: Not Required (RGUCET)
- M.A in Psychology: Total Intake Capacilty: 24 Entrance Test: Required (RGUCET)
- M.A. in Geography: Admission by merit based on Final UG marksheets.
- Master of Science in Zoology: Total Intake Capacilty: 28 Entrance Test: Required (RGUCET)
- MBA: Total Intake Capacilty: 40 Entrance Test: Required (RGUCET)
- Master of Commerce: Minimum Qualification: Commerce Graduation with 45 % (Hons) and 50% (pass) marks with the relaxation of 5% for ST/SC/OBC (NCL). Total Intake Capacilty: 50 Entrance Test: Required (RGUCET)
- Diploma in Computerized Accounting (DCA)
- Post Graduate Diploma In Yoga Therapy Education (PGDYTE)
- Post Graduate Diploma In Mass Communications
- Post Graduate Diploma In Geoinformatics.
- Post Graduate Diploma In Biodiversity.
- Post Graduate Diploma In Disaster Management.
- M.Phill in Zoology.
- M.Phill in Sociology
- M.Phill in AITS
- M.Phill in History
- M.Phill in Geography
- M.Phill in Botany.
- Ph.D. in History.
- Ph.D. in Social work.
- Ph.D. in Sociology
- Ph.D. in Political Science.
- Ph.D. in Anthropology.
- Ph.D. in Physics.
- Ph.D. in Mass Communications.
- Ph.D. in Management.
- Ph.D. in Commerce.
- Ph.D. in Mathematics.
- Ph.D. in Chemistry.
- Certificate course in Tribal Language.
- Certificate course in the German Language.
- Certificate course in Graphics and Animation.
- Certificate course in Geographic Information System.
- Certificate course in Yoga Therapy Education.
Rajiv Gandhi University Admission 2020 Eligibility
Eligibility Criteria for different courses offered by the University :
|M.Phill||A candidate shall be eligible for admission to M Phil, if he/she has obtained Master’s degree from the University or an equivalent degree recognized by the University in the subject concerned with 55% marks. There shall be a 5% relaxation in marks for SC/ST/OBC (NCL) candidates.|
|Ph. D||The scholars having 55% marks in Master Degree in the concerned/allied subjects or as specified in the regulations and guidelines for Ph.D programme from any recognized University/Institution are eligible to appear for the test. 5% relaxation in marks is given for SC/ST/OBC (NCL) candidates|
|B.Ed||Candidates with M.A./M.Sc/M.Com/B.A./B.Sc./B.Com./(B.E./B.Tech with specialisation in Science & Mathematics having 55% marks), degree (10+2+3 scheme) from Rajiv Gandhi University or any other recognized University with 50% marks in graduation is eligible for admission to B. Ed.|
|BPED||Bachelors Degree in any Discipline with 50% marks and having at least participation in the Inter College/ Inter Zonal/District/ School competition in Sports and Games as recognized by the AIU/IOA/SGFI/Govt. of India.|
|BCA||10+2 passed with Mathematics/Statistics as a compulsory subject. Or
A recognized three year Diploma in Engineering/Technology. The course is offered by Department of Computer Science and Engineering.
|MCA||BCA degree of minimum 3 years duration Or any bachelor degree of minimum 3 years duration from a UGC recognised university with Mathematics/Statistics as a compulsory subject at 10+2 level|
|M.Tech (CSE)||Bachelors degree in Engineering/Technology or equivalent in an appropriate area or MSc in Computer Science/Information Technology or MCA from a recognised institution. Candidates with a valid GATE score will be given preference.|
|MBA||The minimum qualification for admission to the course is a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in any discipline from recognized University with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate (5% relaxation for ST/SC)|
|PGDMC||Graduate degree from any UGC recognized university|
|PGDTM||Graduates in any discipline with 50% of marks from any UGC recognised university. 5% relaxation in marks shall be applicable for SC/ST applicants.|
|CCCE, CCG||Degree in any discipline|
|DCA||10+2 (Class XII passed) or equivalent from a recognised board. The applicants must have working competency in computer applications|
|MASTER OF SOCIAL||The minimum qualification for admission to the course is a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in any stream from a recognized University with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate (5% relaxation for ST/SC/OBC (NCL).|
Rajiv Gandhi University Admission Process 2020
Admissions to various courses are based on following criteria:
- Post Graduate Programmes – Admission Through entrance Test
- Under Graduate Programmes – Admission Through Entrance Test
- Post Graduate Diploma Course – Admission Through Entrance Test
- Certificate Course – All through Merit basis
Rajiv Gandhi University Admission 2020 Application Form
Application Form for Admission in various courses is released online on the official website. Candidates must ensure their eligibility before filling the Application Form, if the candidate is not eligible his/her candidature might get cancelled. Application Form must be filled before the last date with submission of expected Application Fee of Rs 400/- Application Form is a very important document, that’s why candidate should fill all the details very carefully.
Important Instructions for Applicants
- Applicants must keep checking university admission portal for any updates.
- Before applying, applicants must acquaint themselves with the online admission process.
- Applicant while applying for admission will be allowed to upload only scanned copy of passport size photographs and signature. Rest of the documents should be uploaded after being selected for admission.
- Those candidates who are shortlisted for admissions to various courses should bring their original documents for scrutiny by the selection committee of the respective departments. On being selected for admission, they must keep the scanned copies of following documents handy for uploading on the Online Admission Portal.
- Class 10th Certificate (Self Attested) as Date of Birth Proof.
- Class 12th Certificate
- Graduation Certificate and Mark sheet (Self Attested).
- Category Certificate (Self Attested).
- NOC/Appointment order if already in service.
- Any image uploaded without adequate clarity will be rejected.
Rajiv Gandhi University Admission 2020 Seat Details
Intake capacity in various programmes/ courses :
|Advanced PG Dip. in Biodiversity||15|
|B.Ed. (Deputed-15, Direct-45, Paid-40)||100|
|BFA (Bachelor of Fine Arts)||20|
|BMUS (Bachelor of Music)||22|
|BSc. (Bachelor of Science in Geology)||26|
|Certificate in Communicative English||30|
|Certificate in German Language||25|
|Certificate in Myanmarese Language||25|
|Certficate in Environmental Sanitation||16|
|MA in Tribal Studies||16|
|Diploma in Computerised Accounting||50|
|MA in Political Science||62|
|Master in Social Work||32|
|M.Tech in CSE||18|
|M.Tech in Ele. & Comm. Engineering||16|
|MSc. in Mathematics & Computing||40|
|PG Dip. in Mass Communication||30|
|PGD in Geo-Informatics||12|
|PG Dip. in Tourism Management||21|
|PG Dip. in Yoga Therapy Education||16|
|PG Dip. in Environmental Sanitation||16|
Intake capacity in M.Phil programmes :
Intake capacity in Ph.D Programmes :
60% of seats in all UG & PG Programme will be reserved for ST candidates, 9% for OBC (Non-creamy layer), 3% for SC, 3% for wards of Ex-Servicemen and 5% for differently abled candidates. Rest 20% of the seats will be kept as Open seats.
Applications are invited through entrance exam to various programme/ course offered by Rajiv Gandhi University. Candidates may apply online from the official website as well from this article also. Candidates can apply all programmes/courses of their interest through a single online registration form. It is important to note that they can apply in all entrance based courses through the same online application provided, they should fulfill the minimum criteria required for a particular course and fee for each course is paid. The courses come under RGUCET Exam are given as follows:
To get admission in Ph.D. and M.Phill admission test candidate should have to appear in RGUMPET exam conducted by Rajiv Gandhi University. It is important to note that they can apply in all entrance based courses through the same online application provided, they should fulfill the minimum criteria required for a particular course and fee for each course is paid. Candidates may apply online from the official website as well from this article also. Candidates can apply all programmes/courses of their interest through a single online registration form.
About Rajiv Gandhi University
Rajiv Gandhi University (formerly Arunachal University) is the premier institution for higher education in the state of Arunachal Pradesh and has completed twenty-five years of its existence. Late Smt. Indira Gandhi, the then Prime Minister of India, laid the foundation stone of the university on 4th February 1984 at Rono Hills, where the present campus is located. Ever since its inception, the university has been trying to achieve excellence and fulfill the objectives as envisaged in the University Act. Rajiv Gandhi University has been a Central University under MHRD.
Official Website: www.rgu.ac.in
For more information candidates can download last year’s Information Brochure
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.