TIFR GS Application Form 2019 has been released by the National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS). The aspirants can apply for the TIFR JGEEBILS GS 2019 through online mode only. NO offline application form is available for the candidates. To appear for the entrance exam, the aspirants will have to register first and then proceed to fill in details in the TIFR GS Application Form. Ensure that you fulfill the eligibility criteria before you register for the test. Also, it is advised that you should keep relevant documents ready so that you fill-in correct information in the form. You may take a print of your application after successful registration or save the same as a pdf file. The aspirants can take the online test in multiple subjects if the timings do not clash. However, for that, you will have to submit a separate application (including online payment / Demand Draft) for each subject. Check complete details on TIFR GS 2019 Application Form from this page.
TIFR GS Application Form 2019
GATE Score Based Application form will be available on the official site. Interested candidates would be able to fill up their forms from the link provided below. They have to fill in all the details correctly & properly.
TIFR GS 2019 Registration Dates: The candidates can check the complete schedule for TIFR GS 2019 Application Form in the table below.
|TIFR GS Application Form 2019||Important Date|
|Online registration started from||12 Oct 2018|
|Last date to submit TIFR GS 2019 Application Form|
|Online Payment can be done till|
|DDs sent by post/courier will be accepted till|
|GATE Scored based applications to Systems Science|
|05 Feb 2019
Two weeks after GATE 2019 results declared
Application Form: Click here to apply online for the TIFR GS 2019.
Documents to Keep Ready for filling in Details in TIFR GS 2019 Application Form
Before you start filling up the complete TIFR GS Application Form 2019 make sure the following are ready for you:
- Scanned image of your Passport size photograph (preferably a jpg file below 80 kb in size).
- Scanned copy of signature (preferably a jpg file below 80 kb in size).
- Demand Draft details (DD number, Bank, etc.) or Credit / Debit Card details for online payment of the application fee.
- Scanned copy of the recommendation letter from the Principal/HOD of your college, for those candidates who wish to apply under the Fee Waiver category.
- Scanned copy of the disability certificate, if applicable
Important Instructions to be Followed for TIFR GS Application Form 2019
- The login username for the website would be the reference code that will be generated by the system on successful registration. Please save the email sent by the system after successful registration of the application.
- If certain fields show error while registering, please try to modify the data and avoid using special characters such as . , ` ‘ ( ) / – etc.
- If the aspirant intends to apply for multiple subjects, they will have to provide different email id for each application.
- Check all the details before clicking the registration button. Ensure that you have typed your email ID correctly in the first part of the application. An auto email is sent after completion of the first part of the application wherein a link is provided to proceed further to fill the full application form.
- Applicants paying the application fee online will be directed to the payment gateway. Follow the instructions and complete the payment transaction. If the transaction is not completed due to technical reasons, you may login to your account and check the application/payment status. After successful completion of the transaction, please login to your account and check the payment status. If the payment is not complete, you may attempt paying online again. A maximum of five attempts is allowed for online payment.
- Normally, online payments are received within 2 working days and an auto email is sent by the system acknowledging the payment. If your transaction has been successful and your account has been debited and you do not receive the acknowledgment email, neither your payment status is updated in your account, you may write to the email ids as given in “contact info” section.
Application Fee for TIFR GS 2019
To submit the TIFR GS Application Form, the aspirants will have to pay the following amount of the application fee:
|Male Candidates||Rs. 900/-|
|Female Candidates||Rs 300/-|
Mode of Payment: The aspirants can pay the above-given application fee by either of the following modes:
- Online Mode – By using Internet banking/Debit/Credit Card
- Offline Mode – By sending Demand Draft drawn on State Bank of India in favour of “Tata Institute of Fundamental Research” payable at Mumbai
Who is Eligible for Application Fee Waiver?
The exam conducting body also provides a waiver of the application fee on grounds of financial distress. The application fee waiver for TIFR GS 2019 can be availed by candidates by submitting a letter from the Principal or the Head of the Department justifying the request. The letter/recommendation from the Principal/HOD should be on the official letter head duly signed and stamped.
Those who wish to avail the fee waiver option, may click on the fee waiver option in the payment section of the application form and send the letter from the Principal / HOD along with a print of the application to TIFR, Mumbai.
How to Apply For TIFR GS 2019?
Below we have given step-by-step instructions by which you can successfully apply for the entrance examination:
Step 1: Register Online
- Click on the direct link given on this page for TIFR GS 2019 Registration.
- Next, you need to register online by entering details like your Name, Gender, Date of Birth, Nationality, Place of Birth, Email ID, Mobile Number, etc.
- Click on the “Register” button to submit the details.
- On successfully registering online, you will receive the Application Number. Also, you will receive an SMS and Email regarding the successful registration.
Step 2: Login
- Check your email id and click on the Login link. A candidate login page will appear on the screen.
- Enter your User ID and Password.
- Submit the details by clicking on the “Login” button and proceed to fill in details in the Application Form.
Step 3: Fill in Details in TIFR GS Application Form
- On the top of the page, you will see a tab for “Go To Application Form”. Click on it.
- Next, the application form will appear on the screen. You will have to provide the following information:
Personal Details – The details such as your Name, Date of Birth, Nationality, etc will be automatically filled in as per the details submitted by you at the time of registration.
Address Details – In this section, you need to provide your complete address, state, city, Pin code details etc.
Exam Details – Here you will have to give at least three (03) preferences for the test center. Remember that the test center once chosen and submitted by the candidate will be final and cannot be changed.
- Click on “Save & Continue” button to proceed further.
Educational Qualification Details – In this part, you will have to provide your academic details, like Degree obtained, the name of the College/ Institution, month and year of passing, etc.
Other Details – In this section, you will have to provide other necessary information like if you would like to apply for other centers of TIFR, subject to be considered for, etc.
Step 4: Upload Images in the Application Form
The next for the candidates is to upload the scanned images of their passport size photograph and signature as per the specifications given above.
Step 5: Pay the Application Fee
- Once you have uploaded the images, next the aspirants will have to pay the required amount of the application fee.
- Choose the mode of payment, tick on the declaration and then finally click on the “Submit” button.
- On successful payment of the application fee, submit the form and take its print out for future reference.
How to Apply for Application in Systems Science?
Engineering students with exceptional performance in GATE examination of 2019 in Electrical, Electronics and Communications Engineering, Mathematics may apply for the Ph.D. program in Systems Science without appearing for the TIFR Entrance Test.
In case a student who has taken the TIFR System Science Entrance Test also submits a GATE score based application, the better of the two performances will be considered.
Shortlisted GATE score based applicants will be invited to attend an interview tentatively on May 2019.
Please note that for GATE score based applications:
- Only online applications are accepted.
- There is NO application fee.
- Officials will contact ONLY the shortlisted candidates in the near future.
- You will not be able to use the reference number from GATE score based application to log into the GS-2019 website. GATE score based applicants do not need to log into GS-2019 website.
In case if you have any questions about the TIFR GS 2019 Application Form, then let us know in the comment section below.