TISSNET 2019 – Tata Institute of Social Science was conducted TISS National Entrance Test 2019 on January 13, 2019. The result for TISSNET 2019 has been announced on February 11, 2019 at 9:00 PM. TISS hold TISSNET for admission of candidates in MA, M.Sc, MHA, MPH courses, offered by TISS Mumbai, Tuljapur, Guwahati, and Hyderabad campuses. The candidates are shortlisted for admission on the basis of their performance in this National level entranced. The shortlisted candidates further have to appear for Personal Interview Test (PIT)/ GD, and Personal Interview. Check more details on TISSNET 2019 from this page.
Through TISSNET 2019, admissions are open to 53 different Masters programs. Candidates can apply for maximum 3 programs across 2 campuses. Applicants can download hall tickets and appear inthe exam. On basis of performance inthe National Entrance Test, candidates are shortlisted for PIT-PI. The complete process follows the schedule given below.
|TISSNET 2019||Important Dates|
|Announcement of Admissions||30 Oct 2018|
|Last Date for Online form Application for All Master’s programmes|
|Last Date for receipt of application form by post||12 Dec 2018|
|Issue of TISS-NET Hall Ticket (Online)|
|TISS National Entrance Test (TISS NET) (Computer Based) at Different Centres||13 Jan 2019 2:00 pm to 3:40 pm
|Announcement of TISS-NET results|
|Pre-Interview Test and Personal Interview||05 – 15 March 2019 (Except Sunday) – Mumbai
16 – 19 March 2019 – Tuljapur
25 – 28 March 2019 – Hyderabad
01 – 04 April 2019 – Guwahati
|Announcement of Selection on TISS website for all the Programmes||22 Apr 2019|
|Document Verification and Payment of fees||24 Apr – 08 May 2019|
|Announcement of First Wait List on TISS website for all Programmes||14 May 2019|
|In person Original Document Verification and Payment of fees||16 – 24 May 2019|
|Closing of Admissions||08 Jun 2019|
|Commencement of Academic Session 2019-20||10 Jun 2019|
TISSNET is an annually held exam. Candidates who want to take admission in academic session 2019-20 must appear in TISSNET 2019.
TISSNET 2019 Registration
Eligible candidates can do TISSNET 2019 Registration to express their interest in appearing for the TISS National Entrance Test and take admission in the institute.
Registration can be done in the following modes.
Online Mode – Candidates can apply for TISSNET 2019 in online mode at admissions.tiss.edu. Those applying online need not send hard copy of form.
Offline Mode – Candidates from remote places without access to internet can get printout of TISSNET 2019 Application Form from institute and send the filled in form by speed post. Hard copy of such applications need to be sent to ‘Assistant Registrar (Academic), Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Deonar Mumbai, 400088’.
Application fee, applicable category wise, are given below.
|Payment Mode||Category||Number of programs applying for|
|Credit Card / Debit Card||General||1030||2060||3090|
|SC / ST||510||1020||1530|
|Eligible Goi-pms SC / ST / OBC||260||520||780|
|SC / ST||510||1020||1530|
|Eligible Goi-pms SC / ST / OBC||260||520||780|
|Cash Deposit in any SBI Branch using the prescribed challan||General||1000 + Bank charges||2000 + Bank charges||3000 + Bank charges|
|SC / ST||500||1000||1500|
|Eligible Goi-pms SC / ST / OBC||250 + Bank charges||500 + Bank charges||750 + Bank charges|
Concessional application fee in above table are for unemployed candidates, whose parent’s / guardian’s annual income from all sources for the financial Year 2017-18 is less than Rs.2.5 Lakhs for SC/ST and Rs.1 lakh for OBC (NC).
Instructions for TISSNET 2019 Application Form
- Candidates must fill only single form.
- They can select only at max 3 programs across any 2 campuses.
Documents to be uploaded during TISSNET 2019 Registration
During filling up of TISSNET 2019 Application Form, candidates have to upload various documents. They are
- TISS copy of challan if fee paid by cash
Other documents to be uploaded category wise are
- SC / ST (Annual income less than Rs.2.5 lakhs): Caste certificate, Income certificate.
- SC / ST (Annual income more than Rs.2.5 lakhs): Caste certificate.
- OBC (NC) (Annual income less than Rs.1 lakh): OBC Certificate, Income certificate.
- OBC(Non Creamy Layer) (Annual income more than Rs.1 lakh but less than Rs. 8 lakhs): OBC Certificate.
- PWD: PWD certificate.
- KM: KM certificate.
- Armed Forces: Armed Forces certificate.
TISSNET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria of TISSNET, to be fulfilled by each and every candidate is as below. It is advised to the candidates ensure the eligibility before applying for TISS M.A Admission 2019.
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s Degree, which must have been attained by completing a duration of at least 3 years.
- The Degree must have been awarded by a recognized institute. Throughout the Degree program, the candidates must have passed in all the semesters.
- Candidates in final year may also apply. However, they need to ensure that they have passed in all the semesters during the degree program.
Note: These are only the common requirements. The candidate may read course wise specific requirement from Here.
TATA Institute of Social Sciences
TISS or TATA Institute of Social Sciences was founded in 1936. At the time of its inception, it was Sir Dorabji Tata Graduate School of Social Work, established by Sir Dorabji Tata Trust. The institute was renamed to TISS in 1944. It is Asia’s oldest professional social work institute.
TISS Mumbai is its main campus, situated in Deonar. There are 2 campuses in Mumbai, namely the Main Campus, and Malti and Jal AD Naoroji Campuse Annexe.
At the outskirts of Tuljapur, is the 100 acre campus of TISS Tuljapur, housing the School of Rural Development.
TISS Guwahati at present operates from an interim campus in Guwahati. However there will soon be a permanent campus within Assam Engineering College, for which, land has already been allotted.
The TISS Hyderabad off campus can be reached at TSIPARD Campus, Rajendranagar and Roda Mistry College of Social Work & Research Center.
Rating / Ranking
An application invitation document by TISS says, ‘The 3rd cycle of assessment by National Assessment and Accreditation Commission (NAAC) rated TISS with a score of 3.89/4.00; the second highest score amongst all universities accredited by the NAAC thus far.’.
As per NIRF University Ranking 2018 in India, TISS has 32nd rank. In NIRF Overall Ranking 2018, the institute has 49th rank. Data submitted by TISS to NIRF reveal
- of Faculty members with Ph.D qualification: 266
- Total no. of Faculty members: 333
- of Women Faculty members: 168
- Median salary of placed graduates [PG 2 years]: 460000
TISS Placements at Mumbai, Tuljapur, Guwahati, Hyderabad are unified. Some of the organizations that came for placement last year are NCDEX, ABG, ITC, People Business, Mercer, Coca Cola, Vitusa Polaris, Tata Motors, Murugappa Group, Tata Chemicals, TE Connectivity, Intel, KLA Tencor, Indigo Airlines, HPCL, Indian Oil, Tata Projects, Taj Hotels & Resorts.
Previous Year Question Papers
TISSNET 2019 Exam Centers
In all, the examination will be held in around 100 centres in 39 cities across India. The cities where the examination will be divided into regions. Overall there are 4 regions, which along with the test cities are as mentioned below:
|Northern Region||Chandigarh, Dehradun,New Delhi, Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Jaipur, Lucknow, Noida, Varanasi, Greater Noida, Jammu, Srinagar|
|Eastern Region||Bhubaneshwar, Guwahati, Jamshedpur, Kolkata, Patna, Raipur, Ranchi, Dimapur, Silchar|
|Western Region||Ahmedabad, Aurangabad, Bhopal, Gwalior, Indore, Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune, Solapur, Navi-Mumbai, Thane|
|Southern Region||Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kochi, Visakhapatnam, Madurai, Thiruvananthapuram, Kozhikode|
MA Admission Procedure
The admission process of TISS is three-step. Steps and their marks are
- National Common Written Test (NET): 100 marks
- Pre-Interview Test / GD: 50 marks
- Personal Interview: 75 marks
==> Total = 225 marks.
Each step has a different weightage, which is
- National Common Written Test (NET): 40%
- Pre-Interview Test / GD: 30%
- Personal Interview: 30%
TISSNET 2019 Exam Pattern
The National written exam will be of 100 marks and the components of it will be as below:
- Mode of the Examination – It will be conducted as the Computer Based Test.
- Time Duration – The candidates will get 1 hour and 40 minutes to complete the exam.
- Number of Questions – There will be total 100 questions in the exam.
- Question Type – The questions will be of Multiple Choice Type.
- Negative Marking – There will be no negative marking in the exam.
- Knowledge required – Candidates will be tested on Knowledge on Contemporary issues, Analytical Ability, General Knowledge and Logical Reasoning.
TISSNET 2019 Syllabus
LR Topics – In the exam, the questions will be asked from Alphabet series, Eye for detail, Number Series, Statement conclusion/ assumption/arguments, Linear/ circular/family arrangement, Venn diagram, Puzzles, Cubes, Logical Connectivity.
VA – There will be the questions from Analogies, Antonyms, Odd word out, Word substitute in a sentence, Right usage of words in the blanks, Idioms, Right usage of word in match the following, homophones, Idioms – Match the following, Error spotting – Grammar/Words/Punctuation, Sentence correction.
DI Topics – The question will come from Tables, Bar graph, Double Pie chart, Pie chart, Case lets, Line Graphs, Multiple graphs, Data comparison.
Mathematics – This topic will contain the questions from Averages, Profit and loss, Percentages, Basic geometry, Ratio and Proportion.
RC – It will contain the questions from the Strengthen and weaken, Purpose of the passage, Inference, Assumption and support the statement, Flaw, and discrepancy, and the conclusion drawn, Passage based questions, the Main idea of the passage, Author’s point of view.
GA – This section will contain International politics / current events, Environment and ecology, Politics / history / governance / law, Labour, Media / ICTs / literature, Economy / policy, Gender / health / education, art / culture, Sports.
TISSNET 2019 Result
Candidates are shortlisted for PIT and PI on the basis of their performance in National Entrance Test. Then those who appear in PIT / PI, their overall score is calculated on basis of weightage system (NET – 40%, PIT – 30%, PI – 30%). Merit list is then compiled on basis of their overall score and preferences filled in application form.
TISSNET 2019 Merit List will be published program wise. It will be on basis of overall score and preferences filled by candidates.
Tie Breaking (for Merit List)
- When two candidates get same merit on basis of score, then their scores in PI are compared.
- If the tie persists then their scores in PIT are compared.
- If tie persists then scores in NET are compared.
- In the event that tie still remains then candidate higher in age gets priority.
TISSNET 2019 Score Card will be issued to each candidate, which they can access on login.
There will also be a TISSNET 2019 Wait List. Its rules are as follows.
- Those who get admission in first choice of program will not be in any wait list.
- Those who get admission in second choice of program will be in wait list of their first preference.
- Then those who get admission in third choice of program will be in wait list of their first and second preferences.
- By the same token, candidates will be retained in wait list of higher preference every time they get admission in TISS in a program of higher preference.
Official Website: www.admissions.tiss.edu.
If you have any queries related to TISSNET 2019, please ask in comments below.