TATA Institute of Social Science (TISS) has announced the exam date for TISSNET 2018. The TISS National Eligibility Test 2018 will be held on January 06, 2018. It will be conducted from 2:00 pm to 3:40 pm. Candidates interested in applying for M.A. in Social Work and 56 other courses, may fill the application form for TISSNET in the month of September 2017. To secure a seat in the Institute, the candidates will first have to appear for the written examination. Those who will qualify it will be called for the TISSNET 2018 Pre-Interview Test and finally will be required to get through the Personal Interview round. Candidates interested in appearing for TISSNET 2018 may check the dates, eligibility criteria, application process, selection process, syllabus, and more details from this page.
TATA Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) is one of the most prestigious colleges in India. The institute offers quality courses and is primarily focused on social sciences, human development, public policy, and economics.
In all, there are 5 campuses of TISS. All of these campuses are equally good but over the years students have preferred Hyderabad and Mumbai campus the most.
- TISS Hyderabad
- TISS Chennai
- TISS Mumbai
- TISS Guwahati
- TISS Tuljapur
TISSNET 2018 Important Dates
The important dates of TISSNET 2018 are yet to be announced. The candidates can check the tentative dates until the actual date are available.
|Online registration begins||4th week of September 2017|
|The last date to apply||November 30, 2107|
|Admit Card will be available||4th week of December 2017|
|TISSNET 2018 will be held on||January 06, 2018|
|Result will be announced on||January 27, 2018|
|Pre-interview test and personal interview||March-April 2018|
|Announcement of wait list||May 2018|
|Academic session will begin in||May 2018|
TISSNET 2018 Syllabus
Number series, Alphabet series, Eye for detail, Statement conclusion/assumption / arguments, Logical connectivity, Linear/circular / family arrangement, Venn diagram, Puzzles, Cubes.
Bar graph, Tables, Pie chart, Double pie chart, Case lets, Multiple graphs, Line graphs, Data comparison.
Profit and loss, Averages, Basic geometry, Ratio and Proportion, Percentages.
Antonyms, Analogies, Odd word out, Word substitute in a sentence, Right usage of words in fill in the blank, Right usage of word in match the following, Fill in the blanks – homophones, Idioms – fill in the blank, Idioms – match the following, Error spotting – grammar/words/punctuation, Sentence correction.
Purpose of the passage, Strengthen and weaken, Assumption and supporting the statement, Flaw, and discrepancy, Inference, and the conclusion drawn, Passage based questions, Author’s point of view, the Main idea of the passage.
Environment and ecology, Politics / history / governance / law, Economy / policy, International politics / current events, Gender / health / education, Labour, Media / ICTs / literature, art / culture, Sports.
Selection Procedure of TISSNET 2018
The selection of the candidates will be done will be done on the basis of Written Examination, Pre-Interview Test (PTI), and Personal Interview (PI). The weightage to these will be provided as below:
- National Common Written Test – 100 Marks
- Pre-Interview Test/GD – 50 Marks
- Personal Interview – 75 Marks
TISSNET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria of TISSNET, to be fulfilled by each and every candidate is as below:
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s Degree, which must have been attained by completing a duration of at least 3 years.
- The Degree must have been awarded by a recognized institute.
- Throughout the Degree program, the candidates must have passed in all the semesters.
- The Degree program must end by June 10, 2018.
Note: These are only the common requirements. The candidate may read course wise specific requirement from Here.
TISSNET 2018 Application Form
The application form of NET 2018 will be provided online by the Institute. However, the institute is likely to provide the facility of offline application form for those candidates who live in remote areas and do not have access to technology. Through a single application form, the candidates will able to apply for three M.A. courses of their choice.
How to Acquire Offline Application Form: To acquire the offline application form, the candidates will have to send a request with the application fee, through Speed Post, at the address mentioned in TISSNET 2018 notification.
How to Apply Online for TISSNET 2018: To submit the online application form, the candidates will have to access the link which will be mentioned on this page and then follow the steps below:
- Click on the link provided on this page.
- Register by submitting personal and contact details.
- Next, the candidates will have to submit details in the application form
- Lastly, the candidates will have to submit the application fee.
Application Fee: The fee amount will be around Rs. 1030 for the General Category and Rs. 260 for the SC/ST/OBC-NCL Category. The amount could be submitted online or through cash.
Candidates who will seek offline application form need to submit the fee amount through Demand Draft (DD).
TISSNET 2018 Admit Card
The admit card of TISSNET 2018 will be issued through the TISSNET Login (account generate during the registration). The candidates will be able to download it, only if the form and the fee have been submitted in the correct format.
Admit card is an important document, which must be carried to the exam hall. Without it, the candidates will not be allowed to enter the exam hall. The candidates will also have to affix their photograph on the hall ticket if the printed picture is not clear.
TISSNET 2018 Exam Centers
In all, the examination will be held in 39 cities across India. The cities where the examination will be divided into regions. Overall there are 4 regions, which along with the test cities are as mentioned below:
TISSNET 2018 Exam Pattern
The National written exam will be of 100 marks and the components of it will be as below:
- Mode of Examination – The exam will be held in Computer Based Mode.
- Duration – The exam will be of 1 hour and 40 minutes.
- Question Type – The questions asked in the examination will be of Multiple Choice Type.
- Negative Marking – No negative marking.
It should also be noted that a person with a disability of 40% or more will be given 20 minutes extra time.
TISSNET 2018 Result
The result of TISS NET 2018 will be announced through an online portal. The candidates will be able to access it by submitting the following details:
- Register E-mail Id
Along with the result, TISS will also release Scorecard, Merit List, and Wait List. The TISSNET 2018 Scorecard will also be provided through the login. The candidates will be able to access it by submitting the above mentioned details.
TISSNET Merit List 2018 – The merit list will be released as a PDF. It will be published separately for all the 5 campuses of TISS. It will contain the Registration Number and Name of the candidates, who will be called for the first round of admission.
- For the preparation of merit list, the weightage to NET, PIT and PI will be – 40%, PIT – 30%, PI – 30%.
TISSNET Wait List 2018 – The Institute will release multiple wait list. It will contain names of those qualified candidates, who might be called for next round of admission if seats remain vacant. Unlike the merit list, it will not be released as PDF and could be checked by accessing the TISSNET 2018 Login.
Courses offered through TISSNET 2018
At the different campuses, the following M.A. programs are offered.
TISS Mumbai Campus
- M.A Social Work
- M.A in Management and Labour Studies
- M.A. In Health Systems Studies
- M.A in Development Studies
- M.A. In Education
- M.A./M.Sc. In Habitat Studies
- M.A./M.Sc. In Jamsetji Tata School for Disaster Management
- M.A. in Human Ecology
- M.A. In Media and Cultural Studies
- M.A. In Library and Information Science
- M.A. In Law
TISS Tuljapur Campus
- M.A in Social Work in Rural Development
- M.A./M.Sc. In Development Policy, Planning and Practice
- M.A. In Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- M.A. In Sustainable Livelihood and Natural Resources Governance
TISS Hyderabad Campus
- M.A. Rural Development and Governance
- M.A. In Education
- M.A in Public Policy and Governance
- M.A. In Women’s Studies
- M.A. In Development Studies
- M.A. In Natural Resource and Governance
TISS Guwahati Campus
- M.A. In Ecology, Environment and Sustainable Development
- M.A in Labour Studies and Social Protection
- M.A. In Peace and Conflict Studies
- M.A. In Sociology and Social Anthropology
- M.A. Social Work
TISS Banyan Chennai
- M.A. In Research, Management and Entrepreneurship in Health
- M.A. In Social Work (Mental Health)
- M.A in Applied Psychology
- M.A. In Applied Psychology
Official details of TISSNET 2018 have not been announced insofar. Details given on this page are as per last year brochure and only for reference purpose. As soon as TISS releases TISSNET 2018 information brochure, details will be updated here.
If you have any queries related to TISSNET 2018, please ask in comments below.