Tripura University Admission 2018: Tripura University is offering admission into various programmes like PG, Diploma, Vocation e.t.c during the academic session 2018-2019. Applicants can apply for not more than three programmes at a time in the regular mode. It is to be noted that the applicants have to use separate application forms for each programme. Candidates can check the complete details of Tripura University Admissions 2018 application process, eligibility criteria and other information on this page below.
Tripura University Admission 2018
Candidates can apply online from the official website www.tripurauniv.in as per schedule. Those candidates who fill their application on time will be eligible to download the Tripura University Admit card 2018 for the entrance test. Selection shall be based on marks obtained by the applicant in TU Entrance Test. After preparation of merit list, selected students shall be called for counselling in the concerned department.
|Application start date||24 Jun 2018|
|Last date of online Submission for Indian Students||
08 Aug 2018
|Last date of online Submission For International students||07 Aug 2018|
|Last date of online Submission For PG courses||17 Aug 2018|
- Click here to check the Notice regarding closure of admission process of B.voc. / UG / PG / PG. Diploma for the session 2018-19.
- Click here to check Notification regarding extension of date for Post Graduate Diploma programmes till August 17, 2018.
- Click Here for Tripura University Distance Education
- B.Voc in Film & Video Production
- B.Voc in Rubber Technology
- P.G. Diploma in Women’s Studies
- P.G. Diploma in Translation (Hindi)
- M.A. in Journalism & Mass Communication (JMC)
- P.G diploma in tribal and ethnic studies
- P.G diploma in BAmboo ans Cane Resource Utilisation (B.C.R.U.)
- M.A. in Hindi
- M.Tech in Material Science and Engineering
- M.Tech in Chemical & Polymer Engineering
- Master in Fine Arts (M.F.A.)
- M.A in Psychology
- M.Tech in Electrical Engineering
- M.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering
- M.Sc. in Statistics
- Master in Computer Application (M.C.A.)
Counselling cum Admission
After preparation of merit list, selected students will be called for counselling in the concerned department or for a group of departments. Willing selected candidates shall have to remain present with their original documents, admission fees etc. If a student remains absent on the counselling date, his/her candidature shall automatically be cancelled.
Students can take admission on the day of counselling by depositing the requisite amount of fees as prescribed in the prospectus. Counselling date has been notified in the Tripura University website at least 7 (seven) days prior to the Counselling cum admission date.
Counselling: Click here to check Counselling Cum Admission Programme of Different PG Diploma Programmes.
Tripura University Application Form 2018
Online applications portal in the website www.tripurauniv.in is open for Indian applicants for admission in various academic programs of Tripura University for this session as per scheduled date. For registration, applicants may use an email account. Candidates are advised must ensure their eligibility for various courses before going online application.
- Click here to apply for Tripura University Admission 2018.
- Click Here to check the General Instructions for Regular Programme.
The Application Fees will be as follows (for each programme) –
- Requisite Fee For UR– Rs. 780.00/ (Rupees Seven hundred and eighty Only).
- Requisite Fee For SC / ST / OBC / PWD– Rs. 580.00/ (Rupees Five hundred and eighty Only).
How to Fill Online Application?
- Visit the official website www.tripurauniv.in or direct link is provided above.
- For registration, applicants may use an email account. During registration, applicant will be asked to provide a valid e-mail id. Initial login password will be sent to the e-mail id/mobile, and in future all correspondence in this regard shall be made to this e-mail id/mobile.
- After registration, applicants are to obtain the password from the registered e-mail. It is recommended that they change their password on the first log in.
- After successful login applicants may fill their Admission Form
- After successful payment status verification, applicants will be able to take print out/download of the ‘Admit Card’ for Admission Test. Payment process verification may take 4-6 working days after payment.
- If an applicant does not have all required information at the time of filling the form, he / she can save the incomplete application as a draft (by clicking on ‘Save as Draft’ button) and log out. This draft can be recovered later by the applicant to complete the rest of the application form. Applicants are advised to save the data as draft after filling up information or after any modification in each page.
- Both International and Indian applicants may download the application form from the website of the university.
- A printed prospectus shall be sent to all Indian applicants through post at their present address of correspondence. However, the University shall not remain responsible for postal delay, loss or other irregularities.
- For Master’s Degree Program: 10+2+3 Passed or appearing for the qualifying examination (If not stated otherwise in the prospectus for the subject) from a recognized University.
- PG Diploma Program: 10+2+3, Final Exam passed or appeared (If not stated otherwise in the prospectus for the subject) from a recognized University.
- Five-year Integrated Master’s Degree Program: 10+2 (Higher Secondary or Equivalent) from a recognized Board, at least obtaining 50%, in aggregate.
- Undergraduate Programs (Rubber Technology, Film and Video Production): 10+2 (Higher Secondary or Equivalent) from a recognized Board.
- Certificate Course: 10+2 (Higher Secondary or equivalent) from a recognized Board.
- The medium of Instruction/ Medium of Examination: English, except for the Language-subjects.
Tripura University Admit Card 2018
Applicants may download their ‘Acknowledgement-cum-Admit Cards’ for the Entrance Test from the university website after necessary verification. It is mandatory for applicants to bring the “Acknowledgement cum Admit Card” and any other appropriate photo identity proof, failing which he/she shall not be allowed to appear for the entrance test.
TU Entrance Test
The Entrance Test shall be conducted by the University in its premises and other out station centres which would be decided by the university from time to time for admission of students in Certificate / Diploma / Undergraduate / Post-Graduate Diploma and Post Graduate programs.
Medium for TUET shall be English other than the language program(s).
Tripura University Exam Pattern
Total marks of the TUET shall be 100 marks. 50 analytical/logical questions shall be set covering the whole syllabus of the concerned subject. Some questions may be set based on derivation/calculation based on subjects demand. Each short question shall carry two marks. The answer should be written within the space provided for the respective question. The students must limit the answer within the provided space.
Tripura University Result 2018
The course examiners will evaluate the answer scripts and submit the total marks within 4 working days of the receipt of answer scripts to the Chairperson of the Departmental CBCS Examiners Board who has sent the marks of all the courses within 2 days of receipt of all marks in a sealed envelope to the Controller of Examinations. The external Examiner has sent the mark slip directly to the Controller of Examinations within 4 days of receipt of answer scripts.
A student will pass in a course if he/she secures at least 40 marks (taking together the end semester examination marks and Internal Assessment marks) in that course subject to minimum 40% marks in IA portion.
Method of Selection
- For Indian applicants: Strictly based on the Entrance Test.
- The Entrance Test shall be of 100 marks of 2-hr duration as specified above in the Test Schedule.50 questions of 2 marks each shall be set. Students shall write their answer in test booklet.
- Questions shall be of short type.
Selection shall be based on marks obtained by the applicant in TU Entrance Test. Reservation Rules of Govt. of India shall be applicable.
If marks of entrance test of two or more candidates’ become same, then the following criteria shall be followed, one after another, to resolve the ties.
- Division and marks obtained in the degree examination immediately preceding the qualifying degree examination (If a student having Hons. degree, In his / her case percentage of Hons or aggregate whichever is higher shall be counted).
- Division and marks obtained in the next lower public examination (H.S.+2).
Official Website: www.tripurauniv.in
For more details of Tripura University Admission check – Admission Notification