NEST Online Application Form 2015
NEST Application Form 2015 can be filled Online & Offline both. You can apply online for NEST Exam 2015 from its official website: www.nestexam.in
Please note that NEST Exam 2015 Application Form has started from 05 Jan 2015. The online application form of NEST 2015 exam will close on 07 March 2015.
NEST 2015 Application Form Fee
|Category||Online Fee||Offline Fee|
|Male (General and OBC categories)||700||750|
|Male (SC and ST categories)||350||400|
|Female (All categories)||350||400|
|Persons with Physical Disability (All categories)||350||400|
Forgot password – Click here to retrieve your password. You can also do the same using the ‘Oops! I forgot my password’ link provided on the login page. This password can be retrieved maximum twice.
Steps for Online Application – Click here to download PDF file containing instructions to fill NEST 2015 online application form.
Steps for SBCollect online payment – Click here to view screenshots and understand SBCollect online payment method.
|Important Event for NEST 2015 Application Form||Date|
|Registration opens||January 05, 2015 (10:00 am)|
|Last date for receiving request+DD for Offline Application form (postal)||February 19, 2015|
|Last date for receipt of completed Offline Application form||March 07, 2015 (5:30 pm)|
|Online application closes||March 07, 2015 (midnight)|
How to apply online for NEST 2015
Candidates opting for on-line application are advised to visit the NEST 2015 website www.nestexam.in and follow the detailed step-by-step instructions to fill up the application form. Salient points of the procedure are mentioned below.
1. Register yourself at the website. You need a valid email id to do so.
Click the Apply Online link on the NEST 2015 website to reach the online application page. You need to provide your name, a valid email-id and a password of your choice in window 1. You will receive an email at the email-id provided by you, containing a link to confirm your registration. After confirmation, provide the same email-id & password, enter the secret code and click on Login in window 2.
2. Application process – Page 1 : Basic information*
Page 1 of the application process asks for personal information, choice of exam centres and academic details. You are required to furnish details of qualifying board examinations of Xth and XIIth standards. If your board provides CGPA instead of percentage then calculate the ‘equivalent percentage’ as per the guideline given by your board. Typically, CGPA is multiplied by 9.5 to convert it to ‘equivalent percentage’ value. For example, if your CGPA is 8.1 then your equivalent percentage is 76.95% (8.1 x 9.5). Please note, NEST committee takes the final decision on this conversion factor.
Fill all other mandatory fields, save and proceed to the next page. The next page will show your newly generated application number. Your application number is important for all future communications with NEST office till you take admission to the programme.
3. Application process – Page 2 : Payment information*
Page 2 of the application process provides two possible payment options (as per the ‘Fee structure’ given in section-III) among which you need to choose one. The available payment modes are:
- Demand Draft (DD): Prepare the DD in favour of NISER-NEST, payable at Bhubaneswar. Provide all the mandatory information regarding the DD on page 2, save, and proceed to page 3.
- Online payment (SB Collect): This is the most convenient option for payment using any Credit/Debit card or through Net banking without visiting any bank. Click on the link provided to reach the SB Collect payment page. A step by step instruction page (PDF) for ‘SB Collect’ is made available for you to download. You are strongly advised to follow the instructions to make a successful transaction. Take printout of the transaction receipt and retain it as a proof of payment. Provide the 10 digit alpha-numeric DU number (DUxxxxxxxx) and transaction date given on the receipt, on page 2, save and proceed to page 3. Wrong DU number will de-authenticate your application form.
4. Application process – Page 3 : Upload (photo, signature and scanned DD if applicable).
- In page 3 of the application process you are required to upload JPG files of your passport size photograph, signature and a copy of DD in case you opt for this payment option. For online payment, only photo and signature are to be uploaded.
- Scan your passport size photograph and your signature and save them as JPEG files with sizes less 100 KB each. Make sure that images are properly cropped. DO NOT LEAVE empty spaces around photo or signature. If your photograph and signature appear too small in the preview, that is probably because of improper cropping. Crop properly without leaving empty spaces around and upload again. You are strongly advised to follow the detailed instruction provided there.
- You may, however, choose to provide them at a later stage, in case you are not ready with them. In that case you can logout and return back later.
5. Page 4 : Verify all information on the application preview page and Submit
Once all the mandatory fields in pages 1 through 3 are provided, including photograph & signature, a single page preview of your application is generated. The page contains your photograph, signature along with other important information. If you want to change any information you need to logout and re-login. For safety reasons you are not allowed to visit the previous pages directly.
Verify and confirm if all information on the preview page is correct and the photograph and the signature are properly visible. Once satisfied, submit your application. Please remember that once submitted, NEST office immediately receives your data. You are not allowed to further edit any information.
6. Take printout of the application summary page.
Once you submit your application, a summary page is being generated and made available to print directly. If you have chosen DD as your payment method you are required to send a printed copy of this summary page along with your DD to the NEST office. If you have chosen SB Collect payment option, you are NOT required to send anything to NEST office (Paperless Application Initiative).
Last date of communicating with NEST office is 7th March, 2015. NEST office is not responsible for postal delays.
You are, therefore, advised to apply well before the last date. Make sure that you write your name and application number at the back of DD, in case you opt for this payment option.
Address of correspondence
The Chief Coordinator, NEST 2015,
NISER, Institute of Physics Campus,
Sachivalaya Marg, Sainik School (PO),
Bhubaneswar – 751 005, Odisha.
NEST 2015 Offline Application Form
Off-line application is to be filled on a prescribed form, which is available from the NEST office on payment (through demand draft only: refer ‘Payment instruction’ below) of the required application fee listed above. The request for the application form along with the demand draft (DD) must reach the NEST office (address given above) on or before February 19, 2015. Please provide correct postal address with valid PIN number in your request. NEST office is not responsible for non-delivery of the offline kit or any kind of postal delay. Once NEST office receives the request along with a DD of correct amount and validity, the off-line form along with a copy of brochure will be sent by Speed-Post to the candidate. The filled-in form should reach NEST office back by March 7, 2015. Please note that, NEST office will deposit the DD immediately after the off-line form is dispatched. Note: Each off-line form carries a unique application number and hence photocopies of a form should not be used for filling multiple off-line applications. Such applications will summarily be rejected.
Once you receive the application kit, please do the following:
- Fill up the application form completely and correctly. Instruction for filling up the application form is provided at the back of the application form. The application form carries an application number. Make a note of the number for future references.
- Paste one passport size photograph at the designated place.
- Sign the form at the designated place.
- Enclose the filled-in application form and send it in the envelope provided with the kit.
Instruction for preparing the Demand Draft: The demand draft should be made in the name of (drawn in favour of) NISER-NEST and payable at Bhubaneswar. The draft, along with the application should reach NEST office on or before March 7, 2015.
Check your NEST 2015 Application Form Status
You can login to your application account and track updates on your application/payment after about two weeks (for DD) and five days (for SBCollect). Once NEST office verifies your candidature, your ADMIT CARD will be generated and made available for download on/after 15th April, 2015.
In case you face any difficulty or need any guidance at any stage, please send an email to NEST mailing address [email protected] stating clearly the problem(s) encountered. Telephone calls regarding filling of applications will not be entertained.
If you have any queries, please ask in the comments below.