NEST 2014 Application Form – Online
Online application is done only through www.nestexam.in
NEST 2014 Apply online: Click Here.
Please note: A new mode of online payment introduced (for online applicants only) – SB Collect (NetBanking/Credit/Debit cards).
How to apply online for NEST 2014
Candidates opting for on-line application are advised to visit the NEST 2014 website www.nestexam.in and follow the detailed step-by-step instructions to fill up the application form. Salient points of the procedure are mentioned below.
1. Register yourself at the website. You need a valid email id to do so.
At the end of the registration process, you will receive an email at your registered id. Click the link provided in the email to validate your id. Only upon successful validation you can start the online application process.
2. Application process – Page 1 : Basic information*
Page 1 of the application process asks for basic information required for generating a fresh application number. Fill all the mandatory fields and save the form. Once all the mandatory fields are filled correctly, a new application number is generated and displayed. The application number is also sent through email to the registered email id.
3. Application process – Page 2 : Payment information*
Page 2 of the application process provides the following possible payment options among which you need to choose one.
- Demand Draft (DD): Prepare the DD in favour of NISER NEST, payable at Bhubaneswar. Make photocopy of the DD and retain it for future. Provide all the mandatory information regarding the DD on page 2, save, and proceed to page 3.
- NEFT transfer: If this payment option is selected, a NEFT challan with all the necessary bank details is made available for download. Take printout of the challan and make electronic transfer through any bank of your choice. Provide the Unique Transaction Reference (UTR) of the transaction given by the bank and other mandatory information on page 2, save, and proceed to page 3.
- Online payment (SB Collect): This is the most convenient option for payment using any Credit/Debit card or through Net banking without visiting any bank. Click on the link provided to reach the SB Collect payment page. A step by step instruction page (PDF) for’SB Collect’ is made available foryou to download. You are strongly advised to follow the instructions to make a successful transaction. Take printout of the transaction receipt and retain it as a proof of payment. Provide the 10 digit alpha¬numeric transaction reference number and transaction date given on the receipt, on page 2, save and proceed to page 3.
The fee structure is outlined in section-III (overleaf).
Please do not pay using ‘personal net banking’ through direct remittance.
4. Application process – Page 3 : Photograph, signature, and additional information*
- Scan your passport size photograph and signature and save them as JPEG files. Make sure that images are properly cropped. DO NOT LEAVE empty spaces around photo or signature.
- Upload the scanned images of your passport size photo and signature as instructed.
- Provide other additional information.
5. Generate a summary of your application
- Once all the mandatory fields in pages 1 through 3 are provided, a single page summary of your application is generated. The page should contain your photograph and signature.
- If your photograph and signature appear too small on the summary page, that is probably because of improper cropping. Crop properly without leaving empty spaces around and upload again.
- Verify and confirm if all information in the summary page is correct and the photograph and the signature are properly visible. Once confirmed, the summary page will be made available for download.
6. Take printout of the application summary page.
DO NOT paste your photo or sign again on the print out.
7. Send the printed copy of the application summary page along with either the Demand Draft (DD) or the part-C of the NEFT challan (NEST office copy) by speed post to the NEST office at the address of
correspondence given below.
Last date of communicating with NEST office is on or before 8th March, 2014.
Make sure that you write your name and application number at the back of DD, in case you opt for this payment option.
If implemented and you choose to pay the application fee through online payment gateway, you need not send anything to NEST office through post.
*The online application website is being upgraded. In the new website the flow of data entry might slightly change.
You can track your application by using the login details after about two weeks of delivery of speed post to NEST office. Once NEST office verifies your candidature, your ADMIT CARD will be generated and made available for download after 8th April, 2014.
In case you face any difficulty or need any guidance at any stage, please send an email to NEST mailing address firstname.lastname@example.org stating clearly the problem(s) encountered. Telephone calls regarding filling of applications will not be entertained.
Address of correspondence:
The Chief Coordinator, NEST 2014,
NISER, Institute of Physics Campus,
Sachivalaya Marg, Sainik School (PO),
Bhubaneswar – 751 005, Odisha
NEST 2014 Application Form – Offline
Candidates opting for ‘off-line’ application should send request letter to the Chief Coordinator NEST 2014 at the ‘address of correspondence’ given (above), for obtaining a printed copy of the application form. The request letter should contain full address of the candidate including PIN code. Upon receiving the request, NEST office would send an application kit which includes the application form, instructions for filling up the form, NEST 2014 brochure, syllabus for the examination, and an envelope for sending back the completed application form.
Once you receive the application kit, please do the following:
- Fill up the application form completely and correctly. Instruction for filling up the application form is provided at the back of the application form. The application form carries an application number. Make a note of the number for future references.
- Paste one passport size photograph at the designated place
- Sign the form at the designated place
- Prepare a Demand Draft (DD) or pay through NEFT transfer. Details of these payments options are given below. Please follow the fee structure given in section III.
- Provide demand draft or NEFT transfer details, whichever applicable, in the application form
- Enclose the demand draft or part-C of the NEFT challan (as the case may be) along with the application form and send them in the envelope provided with the kit. If you choose to pay by DD, make sure you write your name and application number overleaf.
Instruction for preparing the Demand Draft: The demand draft should be made in the name of (drawn in favour of) NISER NEST and payable at Bhubaneswar. The draft, along with the application should reach NEST office on or before March 8, 2014.
Instruction for NEFT transfer: A NEFT challan with all necessary bank details and application number is provided with the kit. Fill up the remaining fields of the challan carefully and make electronic transfer through any bank of your choice. Retain part-B (Candidate’s copy) of the challan as a proof of payment and send the part-C (NEST office copy) of the challan to the NEST office along with application form.
Instruction for Online payment (SB Collect):
You can make payment of application fee using any Credit/Debit card or through Net banking without visiting any bank. Click on the link: https://www.onlinesbi.com/prelogin/icollecthome.htm to reach the SB Collect payment page. A step by step instruction page (PDF) for ‘SB Collect’ is made available for you to download. You are strongly advised to follow the instructions to make a successful transaction. Take a print of the transaction receipt and retain it as a proof of payment. Provide the 10 digit alpha-numeric transaction reference number and transaction date given on the receipt, on page 2 (online application), save and proceed to page 3 (online application).
Please do not transfer money using personal net banking through direct remittance.
NEST 2014 Application Form – Fee
|General and OBC Categories||Rs. 700|
|SC and ST Categories||Rs. 350|
|Female Applicants all Categories||Rs. 350|
|Postal Charges (for Offline)||Rs. 50|
If you have any queries, please ask in the comments below.
Click Here for NEST Complete Information
Most of the visitors viewed this page for:
|Application FORM FOR NEST||e-id card for NISER NEST 2014||fees of nest exam nd hw cn i fill frm||get application number of NEST exam||neft form exam of 2014|