The State Council for Technical Education (SCTE), Assam had released the application form for Assam Polytechnic 2019 on March 01, 2019. The aspirants was able to fill Assam Polytechnic 2019 (PAT) Application Form online at dteassamexam.in. The Assam Polytechnic 2019 entrance exam was scheduled to be held on May 19, 2019. The aspirants who had passed HSLC exam with Mathematics and Science as a compulsory subject are eligible for Assam Polytechnic 2019. The Directorate of Technical Education, Assam conducts the Assam Polytechnic entrance exam every year. There are a total 3525 number of seats for admission in different polytechnic institutes in Assam and 90 seats in Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology, Sivasagar. Check more details on Assam Polytechnic entrance exam 2019 from this page.
Assam Polytechnic 2019
Every year a large number of the highly qualified technician is being produced from to meet the requirement and improve the technologies in India. Candidates can check the complete schedule for Assam Polytechnic 2019 entrance exam from the table below.
|Assam Polytechnic 2019||Dates|
|Commencement of Assam Polytechnic 2019 Registration||01 Mar 2019|
|Last date to submit the Application Form||05 Apr 2019|
|Issuance of Assam Polytechnic 2019 Admit Card||02 May 2019|
|Assam Polytechnic 2019 exam date||19 May 2019|
|Declaration of Assam Polytechnic 2019 Result||To be Announced|
Courses Offered By Assam Polytechnic Admission Test (PAT) 2019
The candidates are offered admission in the following courses on the basis of their performance in the entrance examination:
- Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Diploma in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
- Diploma in Computer Engineering
- Diploma in Instrumentation Technology
- Diploma in Chemical Engineering
- Diploma in Textile Technology
- Diploma in Agricultural Engineering
- Diploma in Architectural Assistantship
- Diploma in Textile Design
- Diploma in Mechanical (Auto) Engineering
- Diploma in Bio Medical Engineering
- Diploma in Printing Technology
- Diploma in Industrial & Production Engineering
- Diploma in Fashion Technology
- Diploma in Garment Technology
Assam Polytechnic 2019 Eligibility Criteria
To get admission in Polytechnic diploma course candidate must meet the eligibility criteria. Following are the eligibility criteria for the Assam Polytechnic 2019 (PAT).
Age Limit – The aspirant should be of 20 years 4 months old as on December 31, 2019. For SC/ST category candidate the age limit is 23 years 4 months.
- The aspirant should have passed HSLC or its equivalent exam with Mathematics and Science as compulsory subjects.
- Should have obtained a minimum of 40% marks in the qualifying examination (35% in case of SC/ST category).
Nationality – Candidates must be an Indian Citizen and a Permanent resident of Assam to be eligible to apply for Assam Polytechnic entrance exam.
Assam Polytechnic 2019 Application Form
The aspirants can register for Assam Polytechnic entrance exam 2019 by online mode only. Application Form is to be filled and submitted by online mode. In the Assam Polytechnic 2019 Application Form, the students need to fill in their Basic Details, Educational Qualification details, and contact details. Furthermore, they also have to upload a scanned image of their passport size photograph and signature. The images are to be uploaded in .jpg and the file size should be 100 KB. The aspirants then have to submit the form by paying the required amount of the application fee by either online mode or by making offline payment.
Application Fee – The aspirants have to pay an amount of Rs. 500/- to submit the Assam Polytechnic Application Form 2019. The application fee is the same for all category candidates. The fee is payable by either of the following ways:
- Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking
- Generating Bank Challan and depositing the fee amount at any nearby SBI Branch.
Assam Polytechnic 2019 Exam Pattern
To prepare for an exam it is crucial that the students should be well familiarised with the exam pattern. With the help of the exam pattern, the candidates get to know the distribution of questions, type of questions, topics to study etc. The candidates can check the complete exam pattern for Assam Polytechnic entrance exam 2019 from below:
- Mode of the Exam – Pen-paper based
- Duration of the Entrance exam – 2 hours
- Type of Questions – Objective type (MCQ)
- Total Marks – 100
- Subjects to study – Science and Mathematics
- Standard of the entrance exam – The question paper for Assam Polytechnic entrance exam will be Class 10th standard.
Assam Polytechnic 2019 Test Centers
The Polytechnic Admission Test (PAT) 2019 is going to be held at the following centers/places as given below:
|Assam Engineering Institute, Guwahati||Kamrup Polytechnic, Baihata Chariali|
|Assam Textile Institute, Guwahati||Karimganj Polytechnic, Maizgaon|
|Bongaigaon Polytechnic, Bongaigaon||Lakhimpur Polytechnic, Bihpuria, Lakhimpur|
|Baksa Polytechnic, Belguri Pathar||Nalbari Polytechnic, Chandkuchi, Nalbari|
|Barpeta Polytechnic, Ganak Kuchi, Barpeta||PCPS Girls’ Polytechnic, Guwahati|
|Dibrugarh Polytechnic, Lahowal, Dibrugarh||Silchar Polytechnic, Meherpur, Silchar|
|Diphu Polytechnic, Mentila, Diphu||Sivasagar Polytechnic, Demow, Sivasagar|
|Dhemaji Polytechnic, Silapathar, Dhemaj||Sonitpur Polytechnic, Dhekiajuli|
|Goalpara Polytechnic, Goalpara East||Residential Girls’ Polytechnic, Golaghat|
|HRH the PoWIET, Jorhat||–|
Assam Polytechnic 2019 Admit Card
State Council for Technical Education (SCTE), Assam issues the Admit Card to appear for the Assam Polytechnic entrance exam to the registered candidates only. It is available for download from May 02, 2019 at the official website of DTE Assam. To download it, the aspirants have to log in by entering their Application Number and Date of Birth. The Assam Polytechnic Admit Card is a mandatory document which is to be carried on the day of the test. It will consist of the personal details of the candidate as well as exam details such as timings of the exam, the address of the test center, etc.
Assam Polytechnic 2019 Result
The result of PAT 2019 will be declared on the official website i.e. dte.assam.gov.in. The result for Assam Polytechnic 2019 entrance exam is going to be announced online at the Student Login. To check the result, the aspirants have to log in by entering their Roll Number. The candidates who qualify the entrance exam will be then eligible to take part in the Counselling process which will be conducted by DTE Assam. Furthermore, an Interview will be held centrally to select the candidates for admission into the Polytechnics of Assam. The exam conducting body releases the date and venue of the Interview along with the result.
List of College/ Institutes for Assam Polytechnic Entrance Exam 2019
The candidates are offered admission to 21 State Polytechnics plus 1 Govt. of India Institute situated in different places of Assam. The name of the Polytechnics College/ Institute are as follows:
- Assam Engineering Institute, Guwahati
- Assam Textile Institute, Guwahati
- Bongaigaon Polytechnic, Bongaigaon
- Baksa Polytechnic, Baksa
- Barpeta Polytechnic, Ganakkuchi, Barpeta
- Dibrugarh Polytechnic, Dibrugarh
- Diphu Polytechnic, Diphu
- Dhemaji Polytechnic, Silapathar, Dhemaji
- Golaghat Polytechnic, Furkating, Golaghat
- Goalpara Polytechnic, Goalpara East
- HRH the PoW Institute of Engg. & Tech., Jorhat
- Karimganj Polytechnic, Karimganj
- Kamrup Polytechnic, Kamrup [Rural]
- Lakhimpur Polytechnic, Gosaibari
- Nowgong Polytechnic, Nagaon
- Nalbari Polytechnic, Chandkuchi
- PCPS Girls’ Polytechnic, Guwahati
- Residential Girls` Polytechnic, Golaghat
- Sivasagar Polytechnic, Demow
- Silchar Polytechnic, Silchar
- Sonitpur Polytechnic, Dhekiajuli
Note: The candidates should note that the Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology located at Sivasagar is also participating in the counseling process.
Assam Polytechnic 2019 Seat Details
The distribution of seats in the various Polytechnic Colleges/ Institute is provided in the table below.
|Name of the Institute||Number of Seats|
|Assam Engineering Institute, Guwahati||285|
|Nowgong Polytechnic, Nagaon||170|
|HRG the Pow Institute of Engg. & Tech, Jorhat||260|
|Dibrugarh Polytechnic, Dibrugarh||140|
|Silchar Polytechnic, Silchar||220|
|Bongaigaon Polytechnic, Bongaigaon||120|
|Assam Textile Institute, Guwahati||70|
|Girls’ Polytechnic, Guwahati||160|
|Diphu Polytechnic, Diphu||60|
|Residential Girls’ Polytechnic, Golaghat||60|
|Baksa Polytechnic, Baksa||180|
|Barpeta Polytechnic, Barpeta||180|
|Dhemaji Polytechnic, Dhemaji||180|
|Lakhimpur Polytechnic, Lakhimpur||180|
|Golaghat Engineering, Golaghat||180|
|Goalpara Polytechnic, Goalpara||180|
|Nalbari Polytechnic, Nalbari||180|
|Kamrup Polytechnic, Baihata Chariali||180|
|Sivasagar Polytechnic, Sivasagar||180|
|Sonitpur Polytechnic, Sonitpur||180|
Official website: www.dte.assam.gov.in.
For more details on Assam PAT 2019, download Advertisement.
Download Assam PAT 2019 Information Brochure by clicking here