COMEDK UGET 2018 exam date has been announced. It will be held on May 13, 2018. COMEDK UGET 2018 is conducted for admission to engineering programs in academic session 2018-2019 to around 150 engineering colleges that are member of the Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka. The Under Graduate Entrance Test will be computer-based which will be held on All India basis. Apart from date of exam, eligibility criteria for appearing have also been announced. In order to get admission through COMEDK 2018, one must fulfil eligibility criteria, appear in exam and get a suitable merit for admission. Now that exam date and eligibility notification has been released, applications are soon going to be invited. COMEDK UGET 2018 Application Form is looked forward to being available in January or February. Get here complete details of COMEDK UGET 2018 including dates, eligibility, application form, exam pattern.
COMEDK UGET 2018
About COMEDK UGET 2018 – The Consortium is conducting COMEDK UGET 2018 as a computer based test. Institutes that impart same or similar professional education can hold a common entrance test being fair, transparent, and non-exploitative. With this in mind, institutes have been a part of COMEDK and are holding COMEDK UGET 2018 for undergraduate engineering admissions on Sunday, May 13, 2018.
|Dates that have been officially announced|
|Exam date announced on||15 Nov 2017|
|Date of exam||13 May 2018|
|Dates that are yet to be announced; expected dates|
|COMEDK UGET 2018 application form will be available from||Feb 2018|
|Candidates can apply until||Apr 2018|
|Applicants can download COMEDK UGET 2018 Admit Card from||Apr 2018|
|Last date to download admit card will be||One day before exam|
|COMEDK will publish provisional answer keys||May 2018|
|Candidates can submit challenges to provisional keys until||May 2018|
|COMEDK will then publish final answer keys||May 2018|
|Declaration of result of COMEDK UGET 2018||May 2018|
There is no restriction on state domicile. In other words, students from all states can apply.
COMEDK UGET 2018 Notification
You can read the complete notification here.
Click here to download notification.
COMEDK 2018 Exam Date
Now COMEDK 2018 Exam Date has been announced. It will be held on May 13, 2018.
In the year 2017 exam was on May 14. Prior that in the year 2016, the exam was on May 8. The year before that in 2015, the exam was on May 10.
As can be seen, in all these years, the exam has been held on the second Sunday in the month of May. Continuing with the tradition, again this year exam is on the second Sunday of May which is May 13, 2018.
You may also like to know that recently KEA announced the exam date of CET Karnataka 2018. This time the CET Karnataka 2018 is from April 18 to April 20, 2018; which is two weeks earlier than its usual date. This is because of upcoming Assembly elections.
COMEDK UGET 2018 Eligibility
Candidates from all states can appear in COMEDK UGET. Following is the eligibility criteria for engineering and architecture.
Qualifying examination: Candidate should have completed QE 10+2 or 2nd PUC or equivalent from recognized board. His/her last two years of studies should comprise of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English as compulsory subjects.
Minimum marks: General merit candidate should have passed with a minimum aggregate of 45% marks (40% in respect of SC, ST, OBC cancidates of Karnataka state in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics) and also should have passed these subjects individually. Compulsory subjects are Physics and Mathematics with Chemistry or Biol Technology or Biology or any other technical vocational course. However, changes, if any, in the eligibility criteria by the AICTE will be adopted.
Diploma: Diploma candidates are not eligible for COMEDK 2018 as there is no lateral entry admission.
Qualifying examination: Candidate should have completed QE 10+2 or 2nd PUC or equivalent from recognized board with Mathematics as a subject along with other subjects. Or he/she should have a 10+3 Diploma recognized by Central / State government.
Minimum marks: Candidate should have passed with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in aggregate (45% in respect of SC, ST, OBC cancidates of Karnataka).
Entrance Exam: Candidate should have appeared in NATA (held by CoA) and obtained at least 80 marks out of 200. Apart from this, the Consortium will not hold any entrance exam for architecture.
Application Form: A separate application needs to be submitted for B.Arch admission counselling.
COMEDK 2018 Application Form
- Application form of COMEDK UGET 2018 is likely to be available in online mode only.
- Official website is comedk.org. here, registration will begin as per schedule.
- Last year fee was Rs 1200. Candidates could pay fee through payment gateway using credit card / debit card. [Those applying for COMEDK UGET as well as Uni Gauge E has to pay Rs 2000]
- It is important to fill details correct in COMEDK 2018 Application Form.
- Keep User ID and password generated during registration process safely to check status and download hall ticket.
- Documents that are expected to be asked to be uploaded in COMEDK Application Form include (i) ID proof, (ii) Photograph, (iii) Signature, (iv) Guardian signature. Adhere to specifications while scanning and uploading these.
COMEDK 2018 Application Form Correction
There are very less chances of a window opening up to edit mistakes in application form. However, last time some students got messages on their registered email ID about form having error or rejected. These cases where mostly where incorrect documents were uploaded. They could then upload correct documents. However, it is not a good idea to wait for form correction to start. Instead, focus on keeping it accurate when you fill it.
Specifications for documents to upload in COMEDK UGET Application Form 2018
Dimension, size and other details will be available when application form releases. Until then, take note of what those were last time, given below.
- Recent, not more than 3 months
- With light background
- Full face view of candidate looking into camera directly
- .JPEG format
- Less than 80 kb
- 30 mm x 45 mm
- On white paper with black pen
- 35 mm x 80 mm
- Less than 80 kb
- .JPG or .JPEG format
Signature of guardian
- Same as above
- 35 mm x 80mm
- .JPG or .JPEG format
- In one page
In COMEDK 2018 Application Form, you will also submit city preferences
You will be asked to submit city preferences. Usually you can fill up to 3 cities. Please make sure that these are cities where you actually can go to appear for exam if center is any of these.
It may so happen that when you submit the form, COMEDK has already exhausted slots in that city. In that case you will be asked to submit other choices.
What to do if application is rejected?
- COMEDK will reject application form without mandatory documents or information.
- Those with incorrect details will also be rejected.
- If your application form has been rejected then you need to follow guidelines laid down by COMEDK. Usually in such cases, candidates are required to re-apply before last date.
- It is responsibility of applicant to keep a check on status of acceptance or rejection of form.
COMEDK UGET 2018 Application Form Last Date – Last date to apply will be available as soon as information brochure releases.
Can black and white photographs be submitted?
Candidates must upload photograph adhering to specifications.
What to do if I cannot check status or view submit or save button?
Please check that the browser you are using is one that is in recommended list of browsers for filling COMEDK UGET Application Form 2018.
COMEDK 2018 MBBS
Candidates may please note that CBSE NEET UG 2018 is the acceptable exam for MBBS admission to member institutes of COMEDK. COMEDK UGET 2018 is for engineering admissions. Therefore you must apply and appear in CBSE NEET UG 2018. You may however have to fill application form of COMEDK as well (check its separate instructions!) in order to submit your candidature for MBBS admission.
COMEDK UGET 2018 Syllabus
Syllabus of COMEDK UGET shall be on existing syllabus of 10+2 / 2nd PUC. Therefore you can simply check your class 12 PCM syllabus to know which topics to study.
The official information brochure is likely to state that syllabus of COMEDK UGET 2018 will be based on 10+2 / 2nd PUC / equivalent syllabus. With that as a starting point, the names of units listed in 2nd PUC syllabi of physics, chemistry, mathematics are listed below.
- Electric charges and fields
- Electrostatic potential and capacitance
- Current electricity
- Moving charges and magnetism
- Magnetism and matter
- Electromagnetic induction
- Alternating current
- Electromagnetic waves
- Ray optics and optical instruments
- Wave optics
- Dual nature of radiation and matter
- Semiconductor electronics
- Communication systems
- Solid state
- Chemical kinetics
- Surface chemistry
- General principles and processes of isolation of elements
- P-block elements
- D and f block elements
- Coordination compounds
- Haloalkanes and haloarenes
- Alcohols, phenols and ethers
- Aldehydes, ketones and carboxylic acids
- Organic compounds containing nitrogen
- Chemistry in everyday life
- Relations and functions
- Vectors and three-dimensional geometry
This is a broader version of what the syllabus is. It is composed entirely of all the topics that are generally taught in classes 11 and 12 in any central / state board recognized in India. So to prepare for COMEDK UGET 2018 you should keep that in mind and study all topics you were taught in class 11 an 12 or equivalent. You may also take a look at class 11 and 12 syllabi of CBSE. Both CBSE as well as 2nd PUC syllabus is available for download on their official websites.
COMEDK UGET 2018 Exam Pattern
This was exam pattern last year. It is likely to be same this year. Changes if any, will be available as soon as COMEDK UGET 2018 information brochure releases.
- Language: English
- Marks for correct answer: 1
- Negative marking: None
- Although there is no negative marking, but, if there is a tie then candidate with fewer incorrect answers gets higher rank.
- Maximum marks: 180
- Duration: 3 hours
How to prepare for COMEDK UGET 2018?
If you are aiming for a good score in the COMEDK 2018 entrance exam, then you can follow these simple tips.
- Study all the topics of 10+2 physics, chemistry, mathematics syllabus.
- Read everything in NCERTs. Understanding what you read is equally important so that you can rely on your understanding rather than rote learning when it comes to answering questions in exam.
- Solve at least 10 questions each of physics, chemistry, and 25 of mathematics every day.
- Once you are done with the syllabus start solving sample papers, mock tests, past year papers.
If you actually do these, then there is no stopping you from bagging the All India Rank 1.
COMEDK 2018 MBBS
Candidates may note that COMEDK UGET 2018 is not for MBBS admission. Under Graduate Entrance Test is, in fact, only for engineering admissions.
MBBS admissions are solely on basis of all India level National Eligibility cum Entrance Test conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education.
MBBS aspirants must therefore appear in NEET. However for counselling to state quota seats, you will have to participate in state level counselling.