COMEDK UGET 2018 is Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka (COMEDK) Under Graduate Entrance Test. It determines the merit of students in an effective, fair, transparent and non-exploitative procedure. COMEDK conducts Under Graduate Entrance Test (UGET) for giving admission to the aspiring candidates in the various UG courses. For the academic session of 2017-2018, UGET was held on the May 14, 2017. Therefore, COMEDK UGET 2018 will probably be held in the 2nd week of May 2018. It will be an online computer based test and will be held across the country.
Candidates will be required to read the brochure thoroughly as to familiarize themselves to rules and regulations of the whole admission process. Candidates will get this brochure and all the other important notifications on the official website i.e. www.comedk.org.
Eligibility Criteria for COMEDK UGET 2018
Candidates who will appear for the UGET 2018 will have to be eligible before applying to their respective courses. The eligibility criterion for the UG Engineering Courses and UG Architecture Courses is as follows:
For UG Engineering Courses
- The qualifying examinations for the admission for B.E. will be second PUC or 10+2 Higher Secondary or equivalent examination recognised by the State/Central Government.
- Candidates must have Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with English as the compulsory subject in the last two years.
- The aggregate percentage required for General Category Candidates will be 45% and for SC/ST/OBC will be 40% in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and should have passed the subjects individually.
- Diploma Candidates will not be considered eligible for the examination as there are no lateral entry admissions.
For UG Architecture Courses
- The qualifying examinations for the admission for B.Arch. will be second PUC or 10+2 Higher Secondary or equivalent examination with Mathematics as one of the subjects or a 10+3 Diploma recognised by the State/Central Government.
- Candidates will be required to have 50% in aggregate (General) and 45% (SC/ST/OBC).
- The candidates should have appeared for National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) with a minimum score of 80 out of 200 marks for General merit and category.
- There will be no entrance test for the candidates seeking admission to B.Arch. courses and they have to fill a separate application form for counselling.
Important dates for UGET 2018
|Start date for registration||2nd week of February 2018|
|Last date for registration||3rd week of April 2018|
|Start date for downloading Admit Cards||1st week of May 2018|
|Last date for downloading Admit Cards||2nd week of May 2018|
|Entrance examination date||2rd week of May 2018|
|Start date for provisional Answer keys||3rd week of May 2018|
|Last date for provisional Answer keys||3rd week of May 2018|
|Publishing Final Answer keys||Last week of May 2018|
|Declaration of Result||Last week of May 2018|
COMEDK UGET 2018 Application Form
To apply for UGET 2018, candidates will have to fill an application form which will be available on the official website www.comedk.org from 2nd week of February 2018. Candidates will have to register themselves on the official website. After registration, they will get a User ID and Password on their registered email and mobile number. Next, they will have to log in using that User ID and Password to complete the application process.
Fee Payment Details
The registration fees for COMEDK UGET 2018 is expected to be Rs. 1200/- and for both COMEDK AND UNIGAUGE will be Rs. 2000/- for PCM stream. It will be non-refundable under any circumstance including judicial and statutory reasons. It will be paid only by online mode through Net Banking, Credit / Debit cards.
Issue of Admit Cards of COMEDK UGET 2018
Admit Card will be available under candidate login of the COMEDK official website from 1st week of May 2018. Candidates will have to download the admit cards and also take a print out of it. Admit cards will not be provided either by email or post to the candidate. They will have to bring the admit cards at the time of examination; without it the entry will not be allowed. The admit cards should be preserved till the end of the admission process.
Exam Pattern for COMEDK 2018
Candidates, who will appear for the UGET 2018 entrance examination, will have to follow an exam pattern which is as follows:
- The questions will be of Objective-Type questions.
- The language of the examination will be English only.
- Each correct answer will get 1 mark.
- There will no negative marking for wrong answers.
- The total number of questions of each subject is as follows:
|SUBJECTS||NUMBER OF QUESTIONS|
The examination will be held in the 2nd week of May 2018 from 10:00 AM TO 1:00 PM.
The Entrance test will be based on the syllabus of 10+2 / 12th standard / 2nd PUC.
COMEDK UGET 2018 Result Declaration
The candidates will be provided with the Provisional answer keys, Final answer keys and Test Scores under the individual login on the website www.comedk.org in the last week of May 2018. The Final merit / rank will be generated on the basis of the obtained scores by the candidates in the entrance examination. Candidates will be required to download the rank card and take a print out of it for the counselling sessions.
Candidates who will appear for the UGET 2018 entrance examination will be required to undergo biometric verification before and during the test, during the centralised counselling for seat selection and at the college level, during the admission process. It will be planned to use Biometrics (fingerprinting) in order to ensure fairness to the merit candidates and to eliminate fraudulent attempts.
Few Instructions for UGET 2018
- Candidates will have to report 120 minutes before the commencement of the test.
- The candidates will have to bring their Admit Cards and ID proofs at the examination centre.
- Candidates will have to bring two passport size colour photograph (same as in the application form) during the conduct of COMEDK UGET 2018 and must mention their name and admit card number at the back of the photographs.
- Biometric recording will be done before and during the test and the candidates will be requested to cooperate with it.
- Candidates will not be allowed to leave the examination hall before the given time.
Insofar, official details of COMEDK UGET 2018 have not been announced. Information on this page is as per last year brochure and only for reference. As soon as COMEDK releases COMEDK UGET 2018 information brochure, details will be updated here.
If you have any queries regarding COMEDK UGET 2018, please ask in comments below.