Consortium of Medical Engineering and Dental Colleges (COMEDK) conducts COMEDK entrance test every year for the admission into UG courses. COMEDK since its inception in 2004-05 has been conducting the annual entrance exam for Undergraduate courses in the member institutions and has also been organizing single window centralized counseling process over the last 15 years. However COMEDK continues the evaluation process for the members of KUPECA, that is serving its purpose of conducting entrance exams for the 16 Medical, 24 Dental and around 190 Engineering Colleges. COMEDK is a reputed 3 hour long Computer Based Test. You can check this post regarding the syllabus, exam pattern, cut off of COMEDK.
Since 2004-05, COMEDK has been entrusted with the responsibility of conducting an effective, fair and non-exploitative testing procedure to determine the merit of aspirants by the KPCF (Karnataka Professional Colleges Fund – Medical and Dental) and KUPECA (Karnataka Unaided Private Engineering Colleges Association), the authorities dealing with medical, dental, and engineering colleges and institutions. Here we mention the important dates of COMEDK in the below table.
COMEDK Exam Pattern
The exam Pattern of COMEDK is given below:
- Medium of Exam will be English only.
- Each correct answer will be awarded 1 mark
- There will be no negative marking
- However in the event of a tie in the test score, the principle of least negative responses (number of wrong answers) will be adopted. In addition, if required, other methods may be adopted to break ties.
- Total marks would be 180
Syllabus of COMEDK shall be on existing syllabus of 10+2 / 2nd PUC. Therefore you can simply check your class 12 PCM syllabus to know which topics to study.
The official information brochure contains the syllabus of COMEDK which is based on 10+2 / 2nd PUC / equivalent syllabus. With that as a starting point, the names of units listed in 2nd PUC syllabi of physics, chemistry, mathematics are listed below.
- Electric charges and fields
- Electrostatic potential and capacitance
- Current electricity
- Moving charges and magnetism
- Magnetism and matter
- Electromagnetic induction
- Alternating current
- Electromagnetic waves
- Ray optics and optical instruments
- Wave optics
- Dual nature of radiation and matter
- Semiconductor electronics
- Communication systems
- Solid state
- Chemical kinetics
- Surface chemistry
- General principles and processes of isolation of elements
- P-block elements
- D and f block elements
- Coordination compounds
- Haloalkanes and haloarenes
- Alcohols, phenols and ethers
- Aldehydes, ketones and carboxylic acids
- Organic compounds containing nitrogen
- Chemistry in everyday life
- Relations and functions
- Vectors and three-dimensional geometry
This is a broader version of what the syllabus is. It is composed entirely of all the topics that are generally taught in classes 11 and 12 in any central / state board recognized in India. So to prepare for COMEDK you should keep that in mind and study all topics you were taught in class 11 an 12 or equivalent. You may also take a look at class 11 and 12 syllabi of CBSE. Both CBSE as well as 2nd PUC syllabus is available for download on their official websites.
COMEDK Test Center
The test center for COMEDK is as follows:
|Guntur||Bokaro Steel City||Aurangabad|
|Bhilai And Durg||Tumakuru(Tumkur)||Khammam|
Official Website: www.comedk.org.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.