Cochin University of Science and Technology has released a notification for admission into Management programmes (Full Time & Part Time) at School of Management Studies, Kochi for the academic session 2017-18 through MAT (conducted by AIMA) or C-MAT (conducted by AICTE) or CAT (conducted by IIM). Candidates can read all the information regarding CUSAT MBA Admissions 2017 at School of Management Studies, Kochi such as application form, eligibility criteria, fee and other details on this page.
Latest: – Rank List & Counselling details have been published. Check all the required details below.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) (Full Time) : 120 Seats (4 Semesters Regular)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) (Part Time) : 30 Seats (6 Semesters Regular)
Note: 5 Seats earmarked for International Candidates (foreign citizens)/PIO (Persons of Indian Origin) for MBA (Full Time)
Schedule for CUSAT MBA Admissions 2017 at School of Management Studies, Kochi is given here.
|Online registration starts from||14 Feb 2017|
|Extended Period of Registration for MBA (without fine)||15 Mar to 21 Apr 2017|
|With Fine Up to||30 Apr 2017|
CUSAT MBA Admissions 2017 – Rank List / Counselling
Please check the rank list in the web site for knowing your rank and reporting time for counseling. Candidates in person should report accompanied by a parent for counseling on the date and time specified below.
The counseling and admission to the Management Programmes is scheduled as given below:
Venue: School of Management Studies, CUSAT
CUSAT MBA Admissions 2017 – Shortlisted Candidates
All students who wish to seek admission to the Management programs (MBA (Full Time & Part Time) at School of Management Studies, CUSAT for the academic year 2017-18 should have secured CMAT or MAT Score.
Candidates can apply online for Management programmes (Full Time & Part Time) from the official website or through the link given below as per the schedule. Candidates are advised to must ensure their eligibility before filling the application form.
How to Apply Online
Candidates should apply on-line and make the fee payment on or before the last dates prescribed.
Step 1 : Creating a login ID
In the first stage the candidate should submit a few basic details such as Name, Date of Birth, email-id, mobile phone no, etc correctly so as to create their login credentials. User-id and password created during this stage will be send to the candidate by SMS/email.
- Login to the website www.cusat.nic.in.
- Click on the link “New Candidate Registration” and enter correctly the candidates name, date of birth & age exactly as given in the qualifying certificate. Use a VALID E-mail ID and an active mobile phone number of the candidate or parent.
- Choose a User Name of your choice with at least 6 characters using alphabets and/or numbers only. Do write down the approved user name. Choose the correct options out of the 3 options given in the login creation page. Read the following guide lines for choosing the correct option:
Note that the e-mail id & mobile number used for login creation will be known as the registered e-mail id/mobile number and all communications will be sent to the same only. Therefore candidates are advised to write down the us er id and password of their e-mail and us e only the mobile number in their custody and keep the same active till the end of admission procedures.
Step 2 : Enter Personal Details and Upload Photograph and Signature
- In the second stage the candidate should login using this user-id and password. Immediately they will be asked to change their password.
- Now submit all other details required in the online registration form.
- Upload your recent passport size (color) photograph (3.5 cm x 4.5 cm with the file size between 4 KB and 100 KB.
- Upload signature (3.5 cm x 1.5 cm with file size between 1 KB and 30 KB)
Step 3 : Fee Payment
Payment of fee is possible only two working days after the on-line submission of application.
- Option 1 : Download and print the chalan form of SBI or SBT from the home page of the candidate and present the same to any SBI branch or SBT branch (do not use SBI challan at SBT counter and vice-versa) and make the payment at the bank counter.
- Option 2 : This option can be exercised through any bank account in SBT or SBI with internet banking facility. Take a printout of the challan of the bank (SBI or SBT as the case may be) through which on-line payment is to be made. Log-in to the on-line banking page. Click the link “ Third Party Transfer “and select the option “ Power Jyothi Fee Collection (PUL)”. Enter the “Fee Type” as entered in the chalan and submit. Enter y our date of birth as “ Validation Date “and register number as “ Fee Reference Number” both of which are printed in the chalan form.
- Option 3 : Log in to the home page of the Candidate. Click on the option “Online Payment” and proceed. In this m ode, payment can be made either by using credit/debit card or through internet banking.
Those who are applying for different programmes like M Sc. and/or MBA and/or M Tech may submit the application one by one by logging in each time with the same user name and password. A single application fee is sufficient for such cases.
If by any chance the confirmation is not received after 2 working days from the date of payment, it should be brought to the notice of the IRAA Unit of CUSAT immediately by sending an e-mail to [email protected] showing the details.
After the final on-line submission further modifications are not possible and all further procedures will be absolutely based on the inputs given by the candidate during on-line submission. Therefore the candidate alone will be responsible for loss of any chance or candidature by way of wrong entries.
No documents need be sent to the University by post unless otherwise demanded except for the candidates applying on the basis of GATE Score or any Management Aptitude Test who shall email a soft copy of their Score Sheet/Mark List to [email protected] on or before the final date for on-line submission of application.
- For General candidates – (seats other than NRI & International/PIO/Children of Indian Gulf Workers) : Rs. 1000
- For SC/ST candidates – (seats other than NRI & International/PIO/Children of Indian Gulf Workers) : Rs. 500
- For seats reserved for International Candidates / PIO/Children of Indian Gulf Workers : US$ 100
- For NRI Seats* – (Rs. 5000 for NRI seats + Rs. 1000 for general seats) : Rs. 6000
- Additional fee over & above the application fee for Candidates opting for Dubai as Test Centre : Rs. 10000
For MBA (Full-time)
- Bachelor’s degree in any subject with 50% marks in aggregate.
For MBA (Part-time)
- Bachelor’s degree in any subject with 50% marks in aggregate.
- 50% of the seats are reserved for candidates having 3 years of supervisory/executive experience after taking the degree.
- In the absence of such candidates as mentioned in (ii) vacancies will be offered to any other candidates satisfying eligibility as per (i)
For admission to MBA programmes a valid Score in any of the management aptitude tests, KMAT of Kerala, C-MAT (conducted by AICTE) or CAT (conducted by IIM) is compulsory. The final rank lists for MBA programme shall be based on the management aptitude test score, the score obtained in the Interview and the score obtained in the Group Discussion in the ratio 70:15:15 respectively. The normalisation procedure of the Scores in KMAT, C-MAT and CAT will be decided by the University.
For MBA courses of the University, the admission to the 2017 batch will be based on the score obtained in KMAT of Kerala or C-MAT (conducted by AICTE) or CAT (conducted by IIM) and performance in Group Discussion and Interview conducted by the University. However, they must also submit their applications on-line to the University within the stipulated time as per the CAT 2017 Notification.
CUSAT MBA Fees
|Name of Programme||Rates of Fees||PTA||Caution Deposit||Total **|
|Tuition fees||Other fees|
|M.B.A.(Part-time) for students admitted under quota for experienced candidates||24315||5035||1220||610||31180|
|Kerala Scheduled Castes (KSC)||8%|
|Kerala Scheduled Tribes (KST)||2%|
|Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (SEBC) of Kerala|
|Ezhava /Thiyya / Billava (ETB)||9%|
|Other Backward Hindus (OBH)||3%|
|Latin Catholic including AngloIndian (LC)||3%|
|Other Backward Christian (OBX)||1%|
|Pot-making Communities (PMC)||1%|
|Total for SC/ST and SEBC||40%|