The scorecard for GATE 2019 has been released on March 19, 2019. Like GATE Result, the scorecard also released online a day before the scheduled date. The result for GATE 2019 was announced on March 15, 2019, by IIT Madras. It has been released online at GOAPS and can be downloaded using Enrollment ID/ Registration Number/ Email ID and Password. The entrance exam for GATE 2019 was conducted on February 02, 03, 09, 10, 2019 in two shifts. The score for GATE 2019 is used for admission in institutes like IITs, NITs, IIITs and other GFTIs for admission in M.Tech and research courses. Furthermore, PSUs also uses GATE score for recruitment. The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2019 is a national level entrance exam. The candidates can check more details on GATE 2019 from this page.
GATE 2019 was held for 24 subject papers, of which Statistics is the latest addition in the list. Candidates can check all the important dates for GATE 2019 from below.
|GATE 2019||Important Dates|
|GATE 2019 Registration Started||01 Sep 2018|
|Last Date To Apply Online Without Late Fee|
|Last Date To Apply Online With Late Fee||01 Oct 2018|
|Exam Centre Change Request To Be Accepted Until||16 Nov 2018|
|Download Admit Card||04 Jan 2019|
|Exam Date||2, 3, 9, 10 Feb 2019|
|Release of GATE 2019 Response Sheet||07 Feb 2019|
|Last date to rectify submitted details||15 Feb 2019|
|Window for name correction||14 Feb – 17 Feb 2019|
|Release of GATE 2019 Question Paper and Answer Key||19 Feb 2019 (at around 6:00 PM)|
|GATE Result 2019 Declaration|
Request for Category Correction in GATE 2019
IIT Madras has published a new announcement on the GATE official website. It was noticed that in spite of many announcements in the past, some candidates did not correct their category. The exam conducting body is giving the last opportunity for the candidates for category correction. The candidates can submit their request for the change in the category by sending an email to [email protected]. The last date to submit the request for category correction is March 27, 2019.
GATE 2019 Result
The result for GATE 2019 can be checked online on March 16, 2019. The GATE 2019 Result will be announced online at the official website of GOAPs. Hence, to check it, the candidates will require Enrollment Number and Password. The result will consist of personal details of the candidate and score obtained by the candidate in the entrance exam. Once the GATE Result 2019 is announced, the exam conducting body then publishes the scorecard for the GATE qualified candidates only. The preparation of GATE 2019 result for single session papers is done on the basis of the marking scheme, whereas, for the multi-session papers, GATE Result is prepared as per the Normalization policy.
GATE Score calculation – As per Normalisation Policy
Normalized marks are calculated as per formula below.
Candidates who have appeared in GATE 2019 and require scorecard after 31 May 2019 till 31 December 2019 can obtain it by paying Rs 500.
GATE 2019 Cut Off Marks
IIT, Madras will specify the minimum qualifying marks, that a candidate needs to secure, to qualify for GATE 2019. GATE 2019 Cut off marks will be released, once the exam has been conducted. Till that time, a candidate can have a look at the previous year cut off trends. This is cut off trends varied, last year across 23 papers. Have a look!
|GATE Paper||General||OBC||SC / ST / PH|
GATE 2019 Member Colleges
By qualifying for GATE 2019, a candidate will be able to pursue engineering course at postgraduate level or financial assistance to master’s programs and direct doctoral programs across Engineering/Technology/Architecture fields.
- All the 7 Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) – Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras, and Roorkee.
- All the 31 National Institute of Technology (NITs) of the nation
- Centrally Funded Technical Institutes (CFTIs)
- Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs)
BAARC: OCES, DGFS
Cabinet Secretariat, Govt. of India
Coal India Ltd
Haryana Power Utilities
GATE 2019 Answer Key
IIT Madras has published the GATE Answer keys for all 24 papers. Candidates can check GATE 2019 answer keys to know correct answers of questions. Key details regarding it are as follows.
- Since the exam is online, test takers do not have question paper in hand. Therefore IIT-M releases GATE 2019 question paper also along with answer keys.
- Candidates can download all question papers and answer keys from gate.iitm.ac.in.
- Candidates can also submit challenges against answer keys within the window provided for it. They also have to pay an additional fee for it.
GATE 2019 Response Sheet And Question Paper
The exam conducting body released the candidate response sheet for the candidates who appeared for the GATE 2019 exam. The candidates were able to download their Response Sheet online on the GOAPS website. As GATE 2019 is an online exam, a candidate requires their response sheet to estimate their scores, with the help of the GATE 2019 answer key. Not only GATE 2019 Answer key is released by the conducting body ( i.e IIT, Madras, for this year), but also the question papers of the exam. The GATE response sheet enlists all the answers, marked by a candidate, whereas the GATE question paper will have all the questions, that was asked in the computer-based exam.
GATE 2019 List of Provisionally Accepted Candidates and Name Change
The candidates who would like to make a correction in their names can do so now. Such candidates need to send an email with the subject: Name correction, Enrollment ID and with following inputs to [email protected].
IIT M also released the list of provisioanlly accepted candidates on gate.iitm.ac.in. The candidates can check it below. Also, if your name is in the list check your e-mail, IIT-M has notified the required corretions.
- Click here to check the list of provisionally accepted candidates.
GATE 2019 Exam Schedule
The scheudule for GATE 2019 was as follows:
|GATE 2019 Subject Paper||Date and Day||Session No.||Timing|
|CY / ME-1 / MN||02 Feb 2019
|S1 (Forenoon Session)||09:30 am to 12:30 pm|
|ME-2 / XE / XL / TF||S2 (Afternoon Session)||02:30 pm to 05:30 pm.|
|CS / CH||03 Feb 2019
|S3 (Forenoon Session)||09:30 am to 12:30 pm|
|AE / AG / AR / BT / EY / GG
/ IN / MA / MT / PE / PH / PI / ST
|S4 (Afternoon Session)||02:30 pm to 05:30 pm.|
|EC||09 Feb 2019
|S5 (Forenoon Session)||09:30 am to 12:30 pm|
|EE||S6 (Afternoon Session)||02:30 pm to 05:30 pm.|
|CE-1||10 Feb 2019
|S7 (Forenoon Session)||09:30 am to 12:30 pm|
|CE-2||S8 (Afternoon Session)||02:30 pm to 05:30 pm.|
GATE 2019 Code of Conduct
Over GOAPS website, IIT Madras has released some general instructions which a candidate needs to keep in mind. Candidates, not complying with these norms will not be allowed to appear for GATE 2019 and their candidature will stand as “canceled”.
- The printout of GATE 2019 admit card should not be torn out.
- Candidates need to report at least 1 hour early before the exam commences.
- 45 minutes before the exam commences, a candidate is required to occupy their allotted seats. Candidates will be allowed to log in and start reading the instructions, 20 minutes before the exam starts.
- Once a session of GATE 2019 commences, no candidate shall be allowed to enter the examination hall.
- No candidate will be allowed to leave the examination hall, before the end time of the exam.
✔️ What to carry
- Admit Card
- Photo Identity Proof
❌ What not to carry
- Scribble pads
- Mobile phones
- Any other electronic devices
GATE 2019 Exam Analysis
Over this page, we will provide a candidate with GATE 2019 exam analysis, once the exam has been conducted, for all the 24 papers. Note:
- For AE, AG, BT, CE, CH, CS, EC, EE, IN, ME, MN, MT, PE, PI, TF and XE question paper codes, a candidate will find the analysis of Engineering Mathematics, General Aptitude, and Subject-specific sections.
- For AR, ST, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH and XL question paper codes, a candidate will find the analysis of General Aptitude and theSubject-specific sections.
GATE 2019 Admit Card
IIT M will issue GATE 2019 Admit Card to registered candidates. Important facts to know about it are given below.
- Aspirants can download GATE Admit Card at GOAPS only. Candidates can download it by entering enrollment id/email ID and password.
- Candidates must bring the print out of admit card to the exam center on the day of the exam.
- In addition, to admit card, they should also bring original and valid photo identity document specified during registration. This can be a passport, pan card, voter id, aadhaar-uid, college id, employee id, and driving license.
- GATE 2019 Admit Card is considered valid only if it clearly shows photograph and signature.
- It is recommended to print admit card, also known as hall ticket, on an A4 size white sheet using a laser printer, preferably color.
GATE 2019 Mock Test
IIT Madras has released the mock examination links for GATE 2019 on the official website. Candidates can give these tests to prepare & to get familiar with the questions and the pattern of the paper. Candidates can also use the link which is provided below to give the test.
Mock Test: Click Here to take the GATE 2019 Mock Test.
GATE 2019 Exam Pattern
Exam pattern is remaining the same as last year. Also, syllabus of GATE 2019 is not changing. Candidates appearing in Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering can note exam pattern here and prepare according to it.
- Number of questions: 65
- Maximum marks: 100
- Duration: 3 hours
- Mode of exam: Computer-based test
- Format of questions: multiple-choice questions (MCQs), numerical answer type (NATs).
- Types of questions: recall (based on facts), application (computation and logical reasoning).
|Marks||Negative Marking||Marks||Negative Marking|
|1||1/3||1||No negative marking|
Distribution of questions
|Topic||AE, AG, BT, CE, CH, CS, EC, EE, IN, ME, MN, MT, PE, PI, TR, XE||AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH, ST, XL|
|General Aptitude (GA)||15 marks||15 marks|
|Engineering Mathematics||15 marks||–|
|Subject||70 marks||85 marks|
GATE 2019 Exam Centres and Cities
GATE is being organized in all major cities in India. All the exam centers will fall under any one of the 9 zones, in which IITs/IISc have divided them. Check the complete list below.
Candidates can choose 3 cities during registration. Finally assigned name of centre will be conveyed through admit card.
Best books to prepare for GATE 2019
Knowing the best books for preparation is winning half the battle! Many students face confusion on this aspect of the exam. They either tend to get too many books or too few or not ideal ones. Therefore to pull you out of that worry, here we list best books for preparation. However, this list is pretty big as there are 24 subjects. And each subject paper has a different recommendation list. First, let us tell you how this list was formed.
Features of a good book for GATE exam are:
- It should be simple to understand.
- Concepts presentation should be accurate and clear.
- Explanation of concepts ought to be crisp and student friendly.
- Diagrams, explanations should accompany concepts to ease the application of concepts.
Get a complete list of good books here.
Significance Of GATE Exam
Graduate Aptitude Test In Engineering is necessary for admission and/or financial assistance to following programs in institutions supported by MHRD and other Government agencies
- Master’s programs in Engineering / Technology / Architecture
- Direct Doctoral programs in Engineering / Technology / Architecture
In addition, many Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) use GATE score in their recruitment process.
GATE 2019 Subject Papers
There are a total of 24 subject papers of GATE exam. They are as follows.
|Subject Paper||Code||Subject Paper||Code|
|Aerospace Engineering||AE||Instrumentation Engineering||IN|
|Architecture and Planning||AR||Mechanical Engineering||ME|
|Civil Engineering||CE||Metallurgical Engineering||MT|
|Chemical Engineering||CH||Petroleum Engineering||PE|
|Computer Science and Information Technology||CS||Physics||PH|
|Chemistry||CY||Production and Industrial Engineering||PI|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC||Statistics (NEW SUBJECT PAPER)||ST|
|Electrical Engineering||EE||Textile Engineering and Fibre Science||TF|
|Ecology and Evolution||EY||Engineering Sciences||XE*|
|Geology and Geophysics||GG||Life Sciences||XL**|
GATE 2019 Registration
Registration process was online at GOAPS (appsgate.iitm.ac.in). Candidates had to register online within above-mentioned dates. Key details of registration were as follows.
GATE 2019 Registration Over!
- Visit GOAPS or click on application form link.
- Click register here button.
- Do initial registration by filling name, email ID, country of residence, mobile number, password.
- Submit it.
- Check email and SMS for enrolment ID.
- Login at GOAPS or GATE 2019 Login using enrolment ID and password.
- Enter exam details, personal details, qualifying degree details.
- Upload documents including photo, signature, eligibility document, category certificate.
- Pay application fee using credit card / debit card / UPI / net banking.
- Download and print form.
Eligibility Documents Required for GATE 2019 Registration
|If candidate has passed qualifying exam in 2018, then he/she has to upload degree certificate/provisional certificate/course completion certificate/professional certificate/membership certificate issued by the institute or society.||If candidate is going to complete qualifying exam by year mentioned in eligibility criteria, then he/she has to submit Certificate from the Head of the Department/Institute (in the format given in Appendix A of information brochure) or a copy of marksheet for Section A of AMIE. This certificate must mandatorily have the signature and seal of the Head of Institute/Department with current date.|
Photo and Signature Specifications for GATE 2019 Registration
GATE 2019 Eligibility Criteria
IITs/IISc have laid down few eligibility criteria. Candidates who satisfy them only should apply. Get here complete GATE 2019 eligibility criteria in terms of qualifying degree, year of qualification, and other details.
Educational Qualification and Qualifying Year
There is no age limit to appear in GATE 2019.
Important note: Candidates can opt for only 1 paper. They must appear in the subject paper that is appropriate to their discipline in qualifying degree. There is no bar on appearing in any paper however, you should check what the eligibility criteria is of the institute where you want admission or organization where you want recruitment.
GATE 2019 FAQs
Some of the most frequently asked questions on GATE exam, along with their answers are given below.
Qs. How to get scholarship/assistantship on basis of GATE 2019?
Ans. Candidates need to first appear and qualify in GATE 2019. Then they must get admission in a program in any one central government supported college or university. Admission process may involve at least 70% weightage to GATE score and rest to other processes like test and interviews. Institute is ultimately responsible for management of post-graduate scholarship/assistantship. Therefore candidates must get in touch with institute directly about this and be aware of its details before applying.
Qs. How to use GATE score for PSU recruitment?
Ans. Using GATE score, candidates need to apply to PSUs. PSUs have a separate application process. Some PSUs that usually recruit through GATE are Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL), Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL), Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL), National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC), Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL), Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) and Power Grid Corporation of India (PGCI).
Qs. What other government jobs are available through GATE 2019?
Ans. A few other government jobs are usually available to posts of Group A level posts in Central government, i.e., Senior Field Officer (Tele), Senior Research Officer (Crypto) and Senior Research Officer (S&T) in Cabinet Secretariat, Government of India.
For more information about GATE 2019: Download information brochure