Best Books and Study Material for GATE 2018 ECE (Electronics and Communication) Paper
GATE ECE paper has the highest competition among all other fields. Exactly 250637 students had appeared for the GATE exam last year for ECE stream. If you are also going to appear in the GATE exam this year, you must know the best books for preparation. Given here is a list of GATE ECE Books for exam preparation. You may have already referred to them during your engineering college studies. You will need to refer to them again for GATE preparation.
The GATE study material have been authored by some of the best authors in the field of research and education. GATE Books for Electronics and Communication Engineering are given here topic wise.
Comprehensive List of Important Books for GATE 2018 ECE
|1.||Network Analysis||Van Valkenburg|
|2.||Engineering Circuit Analysis||Hayt, Kemmerly and Durbin|
|3.||Problems and Solutions in Network Analysis||GK Publications|
|4.||Network Theory||Prof. Yoganarasimham|
|5.||Circuit Theory||A Chakravarthy|
|6.||Networks & Systems||Roy Choudary|
|7.||Network Analysis||Soni and Gupta|
|8.||Transmission Lines and Networks||Umesh Sinha|
|9.||Electric Circuits||Edministe and Nahvi, Schaum’s Series|
|10.||EDC Theory||Boylested and Nashelsky|
|11.||Micro Electronic Circuits||Sedra and Smith|
|12.||Micro Electronics||Millman and Grabel|
|13.||Electronic Devices and Circuits||Millman, Halkias|
|14.||Electronic Circuits||Schilling, Belove|
|15.||Electronic Principles||Malvino, Leach|
|16.||Linear Integrated Circuits||Roy Choudary|
|17.||OP Amps and Linear Integrated Circuits||Gayakwad|
|18.||Applications of Analog Integrated Circuits||Sidney Soclof|
|19.||Switching and Finite Automatic Theory||Kohavi|
|20.||Digital Logic and Computer Design||Morris Mano|
|21.||Digital Integrated Electronics||Taub and Schilling|
|22.||Modern Digital Electronics||RP Jain|
|23.||Pulse and Digital Electronics||Millman and Taub|
|24.||Digital Systems, Principles & Applications||Tocci and Pearson|
|25.||Digital Electronics||Malvino and Leach|
|26.||Microprocessor and its Applications||Goankar S Ramesh|
|28.||Microprocessor||Doughlus V Hall|
|29.||Control Systems||Nagarath and Gopal|
|30.||Automatic Control Systems||BC Kuo|
|31.||Modern Control Engineering||Ogata|
|32.||Signal Systems and Communication||BP lathi|
|33.||Signals and Systems||Simon Haykin and Bang Vanveen|
|34.||Signals and Systems||Oppenhiem, Wilsky and Nawab|
|35.||Communication Systems||Simon Haykins|
|36.||Communication Systems||Bruce Carlson|
|37.||Electronic Communication Systems||Kennedy and Davis|
|38.||Digital and Analog Communication Systems||K Sam Shanmugam|
|39.||Principles of Communication Systems||Taub and Schilling|
|41.||Engineering Electromagnetics||William Hayt|
|42.||Electro Magnetic waves and Radiating Systems||Jordon and ballmain|
|43.||Problems and Solutions of Engineering Electromagnetics||By Experienced Teachers|
|44.||Field Theory||KA Gangadhar|
|45.||Elements of Electromagnetics||NO Sadiku|
|46.||GATE previous question papers only||GK Publications|
|47.||Previous IES (Objective questions only) Question Papers||GK Publications|
Complete List of Important Books for GATE ECE – GATE Study Material for Electronics anc Communication.
|Networks||Networks and Systems – D. Roy Choudhary|
|Electronic Devices||Electronic Instrumentation – H. S. Kalsi|
|Analog Circuits||Modern digital and analog Communication systems by B. P Lathia, Zhi ding|
|Digital Circuits||Communication systems engineering by John G. Proakis, Masoud Salehi|
|Control Systems||Control System Engg. – I.G. Nagrath & M.Gopal B.C|
|Communications||Communication System – Simon Haykins|
|Electromagnetics||Elements of Engineering Electromagnetics – N. N. Rao|
Books for Engineering Mathematics.
- Advanced engineering mathematics by Erwin Kreyszig.
- Intermediate Mathematics by B.V.Sastry and K.Venkateswarlu.
- Higher Engineering Mathematics By B.S Grewal.
- Introductory methods of numerical analysis by SS Sastry.
Important topics for GATE ECE exam.
- Engineering Mathematics
- Control Systems
- Signal Theory
- Circuit Theory
- Digital Circuits.
Other important GATE study material for ECE.
- Analog Circuits – Electronic Circuits by Donald Neamen.
- Communication System – Schaum’s Series for Analog and Digital Communication.
- Control Systems – Linear Control System by B.S. Manke.
- Digital Circuits – Digital Fundamentals by Thomas L. Floyd.
- Electromagnetics – Elements of Electromagnetics by M.E. Sadiku.
- Electronic Devices – Semiconductor physics and Devices by Donald Neamen.
- Engineering Maths – B.S. Grewal.
- Network – Schaum’s Series for Electric Circuit.
- Signals and Systems – Schaum’s Series for Signals and Systems.
How to score high in GATE ECE exam?
- The key to GATE preparation is consistent hard work. Study regularly for the exam. Analyse your knowledge and problem solving ability. Pick up the most appropriate books as per your present situation. The same book may not be useful for all students. Depending upon which book suits you best, do your preparation.
- For IITs, you should aim at being in the top 1000 GATE toppers. If you are aiming for PSUs, you should aim even higher. To get a good score in the GATE exam you need to make sure that your concepts are clear.
- Problem solving skills need to be worked upon immensely. Practice from previous year papers and solve mock tests. Time and speed both are crucial.
- In the numerical answer type questions, your calculations must be accurate. As you do not get any options in this type of questions, the score depends completely on your understanding of the question and calculations.
- The best GATE reference books have been listed here. Make good use of this.