GATE 2018 Registration deadline has been extended. Now the last date to apply is October 09, 2017. If you have not yet applied for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2018, then apply now. You can fill the online application form at GOAPS at gate.iitg.ac.in. Enter correct details in the form. Submit it. But before you submit GATE Registration you need to pay an application fee which will either be Rs 750 or Rs 1500 depending upon your category. If you have applied, then you can check the application status. Corrections in form can also be done through a specific channel only, details of which are at GATE form correction page. If the form is filled, submitted, error-free, then all that remains pre-exam is to download admit card of GATE 2018.
GATE 2018 Registration
GATE is important for M.Tech admission as well as PSU recruitment. All events of GATE Registration are as per following schedule.
|GATE application form 2018 is available online from||31 Aug 2017|
|Last date to apply online is||09 Oct 2017|
|Last date for candidates to request exam city change||17 Nov 2017|
Apply Here: Click here to apply for GATE 2018.
You will know that you have submitted the form when you get the option to download application form of GATE 2018. Keep enrollment ID and password safely. You will use these login credentials to login to download admit card of GATE 2018.
- Verification of email and mobile number for GATE Application Form has been relaxed.
- Details of application form correction of GATE 2018 have also been announced.
Check Application Status
Check Here: Click here to check application status.
If the status of your application is “Under Scrutiny”, you need not worry. Wait till the scrutiny team processes your application. Only those candidates whose applications need to be rectified in photo / signature / supporting documents will be contacted by email and SMS. The scrutiny process will continue even after the application portal is closed.
Relaxation in Email / Mobile Verification in GATE Application Form 2018 Due To Last Minute Rush
Starting from October 3, 2017, organizing body is providing relaxation in mandatory email and mobile number verification before submitting the GATE application form. This is due to the last minute rush. Therefore you can submit application form without verifying the email address and mobile number. You can also make the payment. With this in mind, finsh registration soon. Nevertheless it is important to verify email and mobile number later by login to GOAPS.
The application fee for GATE 2018 differs category wise. The amount of fee for the candidates opting a center in India and the Foreign nation is as mentioned in the table below.
|If Exam Center is in India|
|Female Candidates||Rs. 750|
|SC/ST/PwD Candidates||Rs. 750|
|All Other Candidates||Rs. 1500|
|If the Exam Center is Outside India|
|If the center is in Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka and Kathmandu||US$ 50|
|If the center is in Dubai and Singapore||US$ 100|
Mode to Pay GATE 2018 Fee: The amount of application fee can only be submitted online. The candidates can either pay it via Net Banking or Debit/Credit Card.
Until last year, candidates had to upload thumb impression in GATE application form. This requirement is no longer there in GATE 2018 application form.
What is GOAPS?
GOAPS is the GATE Online Application Processing System. It is the web portal at iitg.ac.in where GATE 2018 Application Form is made available. Interested candidates can register there. Those who have already applied can login to check GATE 2018 Application Form Status, download GATE 2018 Admit Card. Once exam is over they can check GATE 2018 Result there as well. The link for GOAPS 2018 is appsgate.iitg.ac.in.
To be Kept Ready Before Filling GATE 2018 Application Form
The candidates should note that they need to keep the following ready before filling the application form of GATE 2018.
- Name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID, parent’s name, parent’s mobile number
- Communication address with PIN code
- Qualifying degree information
- Address of college with PIN code
- Which GATE paper, out of 23, do you want to apply for?
- 3 Examination city preferences
- Passport size photograph and scan copy of it in good quality
- Signature scanned version
- Thumb impression scanned version
- Degree certificate, mark sheet scanned copies
- Caste certificate scanned copy
- ID proof which you will take to exam hall with GATE 2018 admit card.
- Click here to read more about how to fill GATE application form 2018.
Documents Required in Support of Eligibility
- In case the candidate has already passed (in 2017 or earlier), he/she has to submit (i.e. upload) the degree certificate / provisional certificate / course completion certificate / professional certificate / membership certificate issued by the institute or society.
- In case, the candidate is expected to complete one of the qualifying criteria, he/she has to upload a Certificate from the Head of the Department / Institute (in the format given in Appendix A of information brochure) or a copy of marksheet for Section A of AMIE. This certificate must mandatorily have the signature and seal of the Head of Institute / Department with current date.
Specification for Images in GATE 2018 Application Form
It is very important to ensure that the images in the application form of GATE are in the prescribed specifications. Else, the form will be rejected. The specifications are as below:
Specifications for the Photograph:
- The photograph should be of good quality and must match the candidate’s appearance on the examination day.
- It should be of passport size, i.e. 3.4 cm width x 4.5 cm height) and should display more 50% frontal face of the candidate.
- It has to be uploaded in JPEG format only. The minimum size of the file should be 240×320 pixels while the maximum file size has to be between 480×640.
- Candidates must ensure that it is a coloured photograph, which must have been clicked after August 01, 2017.
- The background of the photograph must be white or of light colour and the main feature of the face must not be covered.
- It is clearly mentioned in the information brochure that the self-composed portraits will be rejected. Hence, it must have been click by a professional.
The sample of photographs below displays the type of photographs which will be accepted or rejected.
Specifications for the Signature:
- Make a rectangular box of 2cm x 7 cm on a white sheet.
- Write your signature inside the box with either dark black or blue pen.
- The image of the signature has to be inserted in JPEG format.
- Acceptable minimum size has to be 80×280 pixels.
- The maximum size of the image has to be 160×560 pixels.
The candidates can check the acceptable and rejected format of signature from below.
GATE 2018 Application Form Status
After some time, from submitting the GATE Application Form, the candidates will be able to check the status of their application. The status can be checked from the GOAPS. Through the status, the candidates will be informed if their form form has been submitted or not.
Once you have submitted GATE 2018 Application Form, check the status. You will see one of the following statuses: Received, Under Scrutiny, Accepted, Defect status, Status after rectification, Rejected with valid reasons, Admit Card ready for download.
Apart from this, any defects in the GATE 2018 Application Form that can eradicated will also highlighted in the status. The announcement for the uploading of the status will be done through the SMS. If the status the of application is negative and candidates do not update it then the form will not be accepted.
How to Submit GATE 2018 Application Form
The candidates will be able to submit the application from of GATE 2018, by following the steps below:
Online Registration: The candidates will first of all have to register. To do so, the candidates need to access the link above. It will lead to the window shown as below.
Now, the candidate need to click on “Register Here’ link and the submit Name, E-mail Address, Country of Residence and create Password. It should be noted that the password will only be accepted if it will contain at least one upper case, one lower case, one numeric value, and one special character.
Following this, a message for registration confirmation will be displayed. Along with it, the candidates will also receive an SMS. In it, the Enrollment ID and OTP to set password will be given.
Login: The candidates now need to logon by entering the Enrollment ID and Password. After the login, a disclaimer will appear. Check the tick box and click on “Start Gate 2018 Application Form”.
Filling GATE 2018 Application Form: Next, the candidates will have to fill the Online Application Form of GATE 2018. In the application form, the candidates will be required to enter the following details:
GATE 2018 Exam Details –
- Choice of Examination Country
- Choice of Examination City 1
- Choice of Examination City 2
- Choice of Examination City 3
- Enrollment ID (Auto mention)
- Name of the Candidate (Auto mention)
- E-mail Address (Auto mention)
- Mobile Number (Auto mention)
- Date of Birth
- PwD Status
- Dyslexic Candidate (yes or no)
- Country of Permanent Residence
- State/Union Territory of Permanent Residence
- ID Proof
- ID Proof Number
- Name of Parent/Guardian
- Country of Residence of Parent/Guardian
- Mobile number of Parent/Guardian
Correspondence Address –
Qualifying Degree Details –
Choose qualifying degree or the degree pursuing.
Choose the discipline closest to the ones given, if not in the list.
- You must upload duly signed certificate from the Head of the Department/Institute in the given format
- Country of College / University
- State/Union Territory
- If the country is other than India, the State/Union Territory will appear as “Other”.
- College/University NameAs you start typing the college name, you will see a list of colleges. Please select your college if it appears in the list. Otherwise, type the name completely without any special characters (Note: Length should not exceed 100 characters).
- PIN Code
Upload Documents –
- Upload Certificate from the HOD / Institute
- Caste Certificate, if applicable
- PwD Certificate, if applicable
- Where did you first come to know about GATE 2018?
- Sign Deceleration
Fee Payment: Once all the details will be filled, the candidates will have to pay the application. The amount of fee and the mode are as mentioned above. After the payment of the fee, the candidates will get an auto generated receipt for the payment. It is advised that the candidates keep it safe.
Final Submit and Confirmation Page: Before the final submit, the candidates must cross-check all the mentioned details. If any detail is incorrect do correct it. Also, the candidates need not sent the confirmation to IIT Guwahati or any other body. However, it is advisable to download and save a copy of it.
Zones of GATE 2018
All the operation related to GATE will be jointly carried by the IITs and the IISc Bangalore. For the smooth operating of work, the responsibility for each region in India has been divided among the institute. The candidate must his/her Zonal IIT, as all the concern related to the GATE 2018 Application Form and the exam will be overseen by it only.
Check the Zonal IITs and cities under it from below:
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.