HP GNM Admission 2017 has begun for the candidates seeking admission to the General and Midwifery course (GNM). The admission will be conducted by HPNRC which comes under the Directorate of Medical Education and Research. Applications have been released for the eligible Bonafide Himachali women candidates for undertaking a Diploma course in GNM from the various Govt./Private GNM Training Institutions of Himachal Pradesh. For all the relevant information regarding the admission process, the candidates can refer to the website www.hp.gov.in/hpdmer.
HP GNM Admission 2017
The candidates will be selected for HP GNM Admission 2017 on the basis of the Merit and the available seats for the concerned course. Candidates must ensure that they must be eligible as per the norms specified by the conducting body.
|Last Date for Submission of Application (for General Areas)||June 24, 2017|
|Last Date for Submission of Application (FOR Tribal/Hard Areas)||June 30, 2017|
|Counselling||To be announced soon|
Directorate of Medical and Education has released the final merit list of candidates for HP GNM Admission 2017 on the official website. Candidates can check the merit list through the direct link provided below.
Final Merit List: Click Here to check the final merit list.
Number of Seats
The total number of category-wise seats available for the admission to HP GNM course in the following Govt./Private GNM Training Institutions is as follows:
Government Sector GNM Training Institutions
- GNM Training School, Zonal Hospital Mandi – 30 seats
- GNM Training School, Dr RPGMC, Kangra at Tandi – 30 seats
- GNM Training School, Zonal Hospital Bilaspur – 20 seats
- GNM Training School, Zonal Hospital Nahan – 20 seats
- GNM Training School, MGMSC, Khaneri, Rampur – 30 seats
Private Sector GNM Training Institutions
|Serial No.||Name of College||No. of Seats Under State Quota in Private GNM Schools|
|1.||Lord Mahavira Institute of General Nursing & Midwifery, Nalagarh(Solan)||20|
|2.||Chamunda Institute of Medical Sciences (Nursing) Adhyatm Welfare Society, Dhalpur, Kullu||25|
|3.||Shivalik Institute of Nursing, Chhiber Complex, Kamla Nagar(Bhattakuffer), Sanjauli, Shimla-6||20|
|4.||Himalayan School of Nursing (Maa Saraswati Educational Trust), VPO, Kala Amb, Teh.Nahan Distt. Sirmour||15|
|5.||Kamakshi School of Nursing, Nurpur(Shayama Multipurpose Educational Society), Basa Basa Bazira, Nurpur||20|
|6.||Himcapes School of Nursing, VPO Badhera, Tehsil Haroli, Distt. Una.||20|
|7.||Nanda Institution of Nursing, Nanda Hospital, Una||20|
|8.||Modern Institute of Nursing (Modern Shiksha Samiti), Near Bus Stand, Annadale, Shimla-3.||20|
|9.||Sai Sanjivini Institute of Nursing, (Sai Sanjivini Hospital), Solan||20|
|10.||Kol Valley Institute of Nursing, Village Nehar, PO Harnora,(Koldam), Distt. Bilaspur-174013(HP)||20|
|11.||NetaJi Subhash Nursing Institution, Behind Cenema Hall Building, Palampur-176061, Distt. Kangra(HP).||20|
|12.||Himalayan Group of Professional Institution, Biling Complex, Cinema Road, Main Market, Jogindernagar, Distt. Mandi(HP).||20|
|13.||Murari Lal Memorial Institute of Nursing (Kusum Gupta Associate) Bye Pass Kather, near Bus Stand, Solan.||20|
|14.||Gayatri Educational Society, Maa Janki School of Nursing, Hira Nagar, Hamirpur.||20|
|15.||Grace School of Nursing, Mission Hospital Complex, Kangra Distt. Kangra-176001.||20|
|16.||Swami Shri Rajeshwaranand Bharti Nursing Training Institution, Kakira Kamlari, Distt. Chamba, HP.||20|
|17.||Sri Sai Charitable Hospital & Institution of Medical Sciences,Vill. Trot, P.O.- Kanaid, Tehsil Sundernagar, Distt. Mandi, H.P..||20|
|18.||Him Navodaya Sikshan Sansthan, Moh- Surara,
Distt. Chamba, Near Narsingh Mandir, HP.
|19.||Shimla College of Nursing,(RCS Associates), Rajindra Complex, Annadale, Shimla-171003.||20|
|20.||Jeevan Rekha School of Nursing,(Jeevan Rekha Associates), Sundernagar, Distt. Mandi.||20|
|21.||Awasthi Institute of Nursing, Ward No. 9, Nalagarh, Distt. Solan.||25|
|22.||Himachal Institute of Nursing (Puran Chand Charitable Trust) Paonta Sahib||20|
|23.||Guru Dronacharya Society, Guru Dronacharya Nursing School, Yol, Tikalashar, Dharamshala Distt. Kangra||20|
|24.||Bhojia Institute of Nursing, Village Budh(Baddi), Tehsil, Nalagarh, Distt. Solan, HP.||20|
|25.||Mata Padmavati Educational Society, Nahan, Distt. Sirmour.||20|
|26.||Jakh Institute of Nursing, near MGMSC, Khaneri Rampur, Distt. Shimla||20|
|27.||The Techno Medical Welfare Society, CIITM Complex, near Head Post Office, PO Box No. 22, Dhalpur, Kullu.||20|
|28.||Vidyavati Memorial Educational Society, Nurpur||20|
|29.||Gautam College of Nursing, Ward No. 10, Hamirpur||20|
|30.||Abhilashi College of Nursing, V. Naograwan, PO Chail Chowk, Teh. Chachiot, Mandi||15|
|31.||Nandini School of Nursing, VPO Kanaid, Tehsil Sundernagar, Distt. Mandi||15|
|32.||Swakar School of Nursing, Sarkaghat, Distt.Mandi||15|
The number of the seats for the above-mentioned GNM Institutions can be increased or decreased in the future and all those private un-aided GNM schools obtaining permission/approval of INC/HPNRC/State Government for starting GNM course up to the starting date of counselling will also be allotted the seats out of merit list which will be declared by Directorate of Medical Education and Research, HP.
Candidates, who want to get admission for the concerned course, need to go through the procedure of the selection process as given in the following points:
- Candidates will be selected for the admission to GNM course only on the basis of Merit. The Directorate of Medical Education and Research will declare the category-wise merit obtained by the candidates in the 10+2 qualifying examination.
- The preference for the admission will be given on the basis of the stream of the candidates in 10+2 examination. The first preference will be given to Medical candidates and when there will be non-availability of eligible medical candidates then the second preference will be given to the non-medical candidates and last to the Commerce and Arts candidates.
- The final selection will be based on the counselling process. The candidates will be called for the counselling in the order of category-wise merit in the ratio of 1:2 i.e. 2 candidates will be called for 1 seat and when the total seats will get filled then the left out candidates will be called in the order of merit.
- Candidates in order of their merit will be given the option to choose their desired training Institution as per the availability of seats in the concerned Institution.
- In case, any tie appears in the order of merit, the inter-se ranking of the candidates will be decided on the basis of total marks obtained by the candidates in PCB (Physics, Chemistry and Biology). After that in the order of Biology, CHemistry, Physics and English in 10+2 examination.
- And if the tie still appears then the preference will be given to the candidate older in age.
|Course||Qualifying Examination||Subject of the Examination||Qualifying Percentage|
|General and Midwifery Course||Passed in 10+2 in Science||PCB (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) and English||40% Marks|
|Passed in 10+2 in Arts||Mathematics, Biotechnology, Economics, Political Science, History, Geography, Business Studies, Accountancy, Home Science, Sociology, Psychology and Philosophy) and English Elective or Science or Health Care Science – Vocational Stream only||40% Marks|
|Passed in 10+2 in SCience or Arts or Health Care Science – Vocational Stream only conducted by National Institute of OPen School.||40% Marks|
As the application process has already been completed as the last date for the submission was June 24, 2017, for the general areas and June 30, 2017, for the tribal/hard areas. Hopefully, all the interested and eligible candidates have applied for the admission to the concerned course. The left-out candidates will have to fill the application next year only because no application will be accepted after the closure.
The final stage of the admission process will be the counselling sessions in which the candidates will be called for the final admission to the concerned course. Candidates will receive the counselling schedule through offline mode such as Newspaper, Radio, TV etc. Candidates need to appear for the counselling process at the allotted venue, date and timings along with the following documents:
List of Important Documents
- Matriculation Certificate for Date of Birth
- 10+2 Qualifying Examination Certificate
- SC/ST/OBc Category Certificate
- Sub-category Certificate (i.e. IRDP, Ex-serviceman/Ward of Ex-servicemen, Physically Handicapped, Children/Grand Children of Freedom Fighter etc) issued by a competent authority.
Fees Structure for Private GNM Schools
|Head under which the fee is charged (Annual Fee)||For State Govt. Quota Seats (in Rs.)|
|Hostel Charges (including Electricity and Water)||12000/-|
|Hospital Attachment Charges (Rs. 850/- per candidate on monthly basis)||10,200/-|
General Instructions for the Candidates
- The training of the candidate will be at their own expenses; no provision of the stipend will be given to the candidates during the training period.
- Candidates need to fill the application form very carefully, in the case of any incomplete form or false information then the candidate’s candidature will be cancelled.
- Counselling schedule will only be released through offline mode; no direct announcement will be made.
- The State Government will not be responsible for providing jobs to the candidates after the training period.