HP GNM Admission 2018 has released the notification for the for the candidates seeking admission to the General and Midwifery course (GNM). The admission will be conducted by HPNRC which comes under the Directorate of Medical Education and Research. Applications have been released for the eligible Bonafide Himachali women candidates for undertaking a Diploma course in GNM from the various Govt./Private GNM Training Institutions of Himachal Pradesh. Candidates can get complete information on HP GNM Admission 2018 regarding the admission process etc on this page.
HP GNM Admission 2018
The candidates will be selected for HP GNM Admission 2018 on the basis of the Merit and the available seats for the concerned course. Candidates must ensure that they must be eligible as per the norms specified by the conducting body.
|Last Date for Submission of Application (for General Areas)||11 Jun 2018|
|Last Date for Submission of Application (FOR Tribal/Hard Areas)||16 Jun 2018|
|Counselling||To be announced soon|
All the eligible candidates shall apply on the prescribed Performa to the Director Medical Education & Research, Block No. 18-B, SDA Complex, Kasumpti, Shimla-9, HP on or before its last date along with a bank draft /IPO drawn in the name of Registrar, H.P. Nurses Registration Council, Priyadarshani Apartment, Both Villa Lodge near Govt. Dental College Building, IGMC, Sanjauli Road, Shimla-1, amounting to Rs. 400/- for General category candidates & Rs. 200/- only for SC/ST candidates. Fee once paid shall not be refundable.
- The training of the candidates shall be at their own expenses. There is no provision of any stipend during the training period.
- The candidates are advised to go through the advertisement carefully and acquaint herself with all requirements. In case of submission of in- complete applications or declaration of any false information, the candidature of the candidate shall be rejected straightway.
- straightway. iii) No direct correspondence of any kind regarding date of Counselling etc. will be made with the candidates and same will advertise through news papers, All India Radio, Regional Television etc.
- The State govt. shall not be bound to provide job to the candidates on completion of training.
List of Important Documents
- Matriculation Certificate for Date of Birth
- 10+2 Qualifying Examination Certificate
- SC/ST/OBc Category Certificate
- Sub-category Certificate (i.e. IRDP, Ex-serviceman/Ward of Ex-servicemen, Physically Handicapped, Children/Grand Children of Freedom Fighter etc) issued by a competent authority.
- The candidate for above training must have passed 10+2 class preferably Science (PCB) & English with aggregate 40 % marks from a recognized Board of School Education or its equivalent Board.
- 10+2 in Arts (Mathematics, Biotechnology, Economics, Political Science, History, Geography, Business Studies, Accountancy, Home Science, Sociology, Psychology, Philosophy) and English Core/English Elective or Health Care Science – Vocational stream only, passing out from recognized Board under AISSCE/CBSE/ICSE/SSCE/HSCE or other equivalent Board with 40% marks.
- 10+2 Arts or Science examination or Health Care Science – Vocational stream only conducted by National Institute of Open School with 40% marks.
- For SC/ST candidates, there will be relaxation of 5 % marks.
The age of candidates should be between 17 to 35 years (as on 31st December of the admission year). However, a relaxation of 5 years in the upper age limit shall be applicable for SC/ST candidates.
Note: The selection of the candidates is purely on merit basis of qualifying examination i.e. 10+2 preferably with science (Physics, Chemistry & Biology) and there is no provision/quota kept for in-service/direct FHW/ANM candidates for doing the GNM training course.
Directorate of Medical and Education will release the final merit list of candidates for HP GNM Admission 2018on the official website. case of a tie in order of merit, the inter-se ranking of the candidates shall be decided on the basis of total marks obtained in PCB (Physics, Chemistry & Biology) and thereafter in order of merit in Biology, Chemistry, Physics and English in 10+2 examination. Even if, there remains a tie after adopting the above procedure then the candidates older in age will be given preference.
The date for counseling shall be notified through the News Papers, Radio & TV etc.. The candidates called for counseling shall produce all the certificates in original before the counselling committee (viz Matriculation certificate for Date of Birth, 10+2 qualifying examination certificate, SC/ST/OBC categories certificate and sub categories certificate i.e. IRDP, WARDS/WIDOWS OF DEFENCE PERSONNEL/ EX-SERVICEMEN, Physically handicapped, Children/Grant Children of Freedom Fighter, Bonafied Certificate and Latest Character Certificate issued by the Tehsildar) etc. issued by the competent authority.
Director Medical Education & Research, HP, Shimla reserves all rights and discretions to take decisions regarding any change in terms and conditions
Selection of the candidates shall be made purely on merit basis. The category wise merit shall be drawn by the Director of Medical Education & Research, HP purely on the basis of total marks obtained by the eligible candidates in 10+2 qualifying examination. The first preference shall be given to candidates of 10+2 (Medical Stream) and in the eventuality of non-availability of eligible candidates of medical stream the second preference shall be given to the candidates of 10+2 (NonMedical Stream) and lastly to the 10+2 (Commerce and Arts stream). However, for determining the eligibility of candidates for final selection, the candidates in order of merit (category-wise) will be called for counselling in the ratio of 1:2 e.g. for filling-up 1 seats, Counselling of 2 candidates will be conducted and when total seats are filled-in on the basis of merit of the candidates, the waiting list in each category out of the left out candidates in order of merit shall be drawn. Further, candidates in order of their merit will be afforded with an opportunity to offer their choice in various training institutions depending upon the availability of seats in respective categories.
Number of Seats
The total number of category-wise seats available for the admission to HP GNM course in the following Govt./Private GNM Training Institutions is as follows:
Government Sector GNM Training Institutions
- GNM Training School, Zonal Hospital Mandi – 30 seats
- GNM Training School, Dr RPGMC, Kangra at Tandi – 30 seats
- GNM Training School, Zonal Hospital Bilaspur – 20 seats
- GNM Training School, Zonal Hospital Nahan – 20 seats
- GNM Training School, MGMSC, Khaneri, Rampur – 30 seats
- GNM Training School, Zonal Hospital, Chamba – 30 seats
Private Sector GNM Training Institutions
|Serial No.||Name of College||No. of Seats Under State Quota in Private GNM Schools|
|1.||Lord Mahavira Institute of General Nursing & Midwifery, Nalagarh(Solan)||20|
|2.||Chamunda Institute of Medical Sciences (Nursing) Adhyatm Welfare Society, Dhalpur, Kullu||25|
|3.||Shivalik Institute of Nursing, Chhiber Complex, Kamla Nagar(Bhattakuffer), Sanjauli, Shimla-6||20|
|4.||Himalayan School of Nursing (Maa Saraswati Educational Trust), VPO, Kala Amb, Teh.Nahan Distt. Sirmour||15|
|5.||Kamakshi School of Nursing, Nurpur(Shayama Multipurpose Educational Society), Basa Basa Bazira, Nurpur||20|
|6.||Himcapes School of Nursing, VPO Badhera, Tehsil Haroli, Distt. Una.||20|
|7.||Nanda Institution of Nursing, Nanda Hospital, Una||20|
|8.||Modern Institute of Nursing (Modern Shiksha Samiti), Near Bus Stand, Annadale, Shimla-3.||20|
|9.||Sai Sanjivini Institute of Nursing, (Sai Sanjivini Hospital), Solan||20|
|10.||Kol Valley Institute of Nursing, Village Nehar, PO Harnora,(Koldam), Distt. Bilaspur-174013(HP)||20|
|11.||NetaJi Subhash Nursing Institution, Behind Cenema Hall Building, Palampur-176061, Distt. Kangra(HP).||20|
|12.||Himalayan Group of Professional Institution, Biling Complex, Cinema Road, Main Market, Jogindernagar, Distt. Mandi(HP).||20|
|13.||Murari Lal Memorial Institute of Nursing (Kusum Gupta Associate) Bye Pass Kather, near Bus Stand, Solan.||20|
|14.||Gayatri Educational Society, Maa Janki School of Nursing, Hira Nagar, Hamirpur.||20|
|15.||Grace School of Nursing, Mission Hospital Complex, Kangra Distt. Kangra-176001.||20|
|16.||Swami Shri Rajeshwaranand Bharti Nursing Training Institution, Kakira Kamlari, Distt. Chamba, HP.||20|
|17.||Sri Sai Charitable Hospital & Institution of Medical Sciences,Vill. Trot, P.O.- Kanaid, Tehsil Sundernagar, Distt. Mandi, H.P..||20|
|18.||Him Navodaya Sikshan Sansthan, Moh- Surara,
Distt. Chamba, Near Narsingh Mandir, HP.
|19.||Shimla College of Nursing,(RCS Associates), Rajindra Complex, Annadale, Shimla-171003.||20|
|20.||Jeevan Rekha School of Nursing,(Jeevan Rekha Associates), Sundernagar, Distt. Mandi.||20|
|21.||Awasthi Institute of Nursing, Ward No. 9, Nalagarh, Distt. Solan.||25|
|22.||Himachal Institute of Nursing (Puran Chand Charitable Trust) Paonta Sahib||20|
|23.||Guru Dronacharya Society, Guru Dronacharya Nursing School, Yol, Tikalashar, Dharamshala Distt. Kangra||20|
|24.||Bhojia Institute of Nursing, Village Budh(Baddi), Tehsil, Nalagarh, Distt. Solan, HP.||20|
|25.||Mata Padmavati Educational Society, Nahan, Distt. Sirmour.||20|
|26.||Jakh Institute of Nursing, near MGMSC, Khaneri Rampur, Distt. Shimla||20|
|27.||The Techno Medical Welfare Society, CIITM Complex, near Head Post Office, PO Box No. 22, Dhalpur, Kullu.||20|
|28.||Vidyavati Memorial Educational Society, Nurpur||20|
|29.||Gautam College of Nursing, Ward No. 10, Hamirpur||20|
|30.||Abhilashi College of Nursing, V. Naograwan, PO Chail Chowk, Teh. Chachiot, Mandi||15|
|31.||Nandini School of Nursing, VPO Kanaid, Tehsil Sundernagar, Distt. Mandi||15|
|32.||Swakar School of Nursing, Sarkaghat, Distt.Mandi||15|
|33.||Priyadarshani Nursing Eduation Institute VPO Rait Tehsil
Shahpur Distt Kangra
The number of Govt./private un-aided GNM institutions and total available seats may increase or decreased in future and all those private un-aided GNM schools obtaining permission/approval of INC/HPNRC/State Government for starting GNM courses upto thedate of starting of counseling will also be allotted the seats out of the merit list drawn by Director Medical Education & Research, HP.
The admission for the GNM Course shall take place only after the affiliation/permission of the respective nursing institution with INC & Examination Body i.e. HPNRC, Shimla well before starting of counselling.
Fees Structure for Private GNM Schools
|Head under which the fee is charged (Annual Fee)||For State Govt. Quota Seats (in Rs.)|
|Hostel Charges (including Electricity and Water)||12000/-|
|Hospital Attachment Charges (Rs. 850/- per candidate on monthly basis)||10,200/-|
General Instructions for the Candidates
- The training of the candidate will be at their own expenses; no provision of the stipend will be given to the candidates during the training period.
- Candidates need to fill the application form very carefully, in the case of any incomplete form or false information then the candidate’s candidature will be cancelled.
- Counselling schedule will only be released through offline mode; no direct announcement will be made.
- The State Government will not be responsible for providing jobs to the candidates after the training period.
Official Website: www.hp.gov.in
For more details on HP GNM Admission 2018, download information brochure.