IIT Delhi has released the notification for admission of M.Tech course in 2019 session. Admission to M.Tech course in IIT Delhi for academic session 2019-2020 will be done by shortlisting as per GATE Score and the conducting test and interviews. The Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi is one of the top engineering colleges in India. The application form of M.Tech Admission 2019 is available now, and the last date for submission of online application and application fee is 30 Mar 2019 up to 04.00 pm. Candidates can get here complete details of IIT Delhi M.Tech Admission 2019 such as application form, eligibility criteria, and selection procedure.
IIT Delhi M.Tech Admission 2019
IIT Delhi M.Tech Admission 2019 has announced information related to admission session 2019-2020. The Schedule for IIT Delhi M.Tech Admission 2019 is given below.
|Submission of online application commences on||09 Mar 2019|
|Last date for submission of online application and application fee||30 Mar 2019 Up to 04.00 pm|
|Range of dates for Test / Interviews||10 May 2019 – 07 Jun 2019|
|Date of Orientation and Registration for new students||19-20 Jul 2019|
|Commencement of classes||22 Jul 2019|
Candidates can apply online for M.Tech Programme from the official website as per the schedule mentioned above. Candidates are advised must ensure their eligibility and other condition before apply online application. Candidates are not required to send hard copy of the application form and bank challan. Candidates are able to fill their application online from the direct link which is provided below.
Apply Online: Candidates can apply online for the IIT Delhi M.Tech Admission 2019 from below Links:
Candidates belonging to General / OBC category are required to pay for each application form a fee of Rs. 200/- and the Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PH categories are required to pay Rs. 50/-. The bank charges will be borne by the candidate.
Instruction to Candidates
- The Separate application form should be filled for each interdisciplinary M.Tech. programme
- The applicant seeking admission to M.Tech. programme of a particular department should fill a separate application form. He/she may give up to four choices in order of preference for the M.Tech. Programmes available in that department. However, he/she will be considered only for two choices for which he/she is eligible in the order of preference given. In case a candidate is found to have filled more than one form of a particular department, his/her candidature will be cancelled.
- For the GATE qualified candidates applying for full-time M.Tech. programme, the offer for admission, if selected, will be through Common Offer Acceptance Portal (COAP). Such candidates must register on COAP portal before applying and mention COAP Registration No. in the application form.
- GATE score cut off criteria used for short-listing candidates in different non-sponsored (full-time) M.Tech. programmes during the previous academic year are given in Annexure IV (Detailed information is provided in the Brochure, which is attached below in this article). This is only for the candidate’s reference and the criteria may even change substantially based on applications received for the current admissions.
- Part-time/Sponsored (full-time) candidates must submit NOC/Sponsorship Certificate from their employer at the time of interview
- Filling of false information will lead to rejection of application/cancellation of admission.
M.Tech. (Full Time) Programme
Minimum Qualification for Admission to full-time M.Tech. Programmes.
M.Tech (Part Time) & Sponsered (Full time) Programme
The IIT Dehli also give the opportunity to those candidates who are working and wants to study with their work. The following additional eligibility conditions and relaxations apply for the Part-time and sponsored fulltime programmes.
- Only employees of Public Sector Undertakings or Government Departments or Research and Development Organizations or Private Industries (approved by Faculty Boards) are eligible for admission to these programmes.
- Employees of only those organizations which are located within 50 Kilometers radius of IIT Delhi are eligible to be considered for admission to part-time M.Tech programmes.
- The minimum experience (Full Time) required after qualifying degree and as on date of registration is given in information brochure which is attached below in this article.
- Minimum qualification for these candidates is the same as for full-time candidates except that the requirement of qualifying in a national examination is waived off.
- Sponsored (full-time): Candidates seeking admission to an M.Tech. programme on the basis of study leave, must submit a “Sponsorship certificate” on a proper letterhead from the appropriate authority in the organization clearly stating the following:
- For the period of his/her studies in the programme, the candidate would be treated as on duty with usual salary and allowances, and
- That he/she will be fully relieved and granted study leave for a minimum period of 2 years
- Part-time: Candidates are required to submit a “No Objection Certificate” on a proper letterhead from the appropriate authority in the organization clearly stating the following:
- The candidate is permitted to pursue studies on a part-time basis
- That his/her official duties permit him/her to devote sufficient time for studies
- That he/she will not be transferred to any other place during the period of study
Shortlisted Candidates and Selected Candidates
The shortlisting criteria, list of shortlisted candidates and selected candidates will be published by IIT Delhi. Candidates who have applied for M.Tech admission can check the same from the official website Or through the direct link which will be provided below.
Admission to M. Tech. programmes are carried out by first short-listing the eligible candidates (meeting the minimum performance in their qualifying degree and scoring GATE cut off specified for that programme and conducting written test/interview.
Reservation of Seats
- 15% seats are reserved for SC and 7.5% for ST candidates.
- 27% seats are reserved for Non-Creamy layer OBC candidates. All candidates applying for admission under this category should produce the OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) Certificate applicable for OBCs in the Central list at the time of interview. For details and specimen form visit: http://www.iitd.ac.in.
- 05% seats in the respective categories are reserved for the Person with Disability (PWD) persons in the Postgraduate courses and PhD Programmes.
- 05% seats are reserved for EWS (Economically Weaker Section) candidates (for the academic year 2019-20).
Note: All shortlisted candidates applying for admission under the reserved categories are required to produce the relevant certificate at the time of interview. The Scheduled Tribe (ST) category candidates are required to produce ‘Validity Certificate’ along with the ST category certificate.
Official Website: www.iitd.ac.in
For complete detail of IIT Delhi M.Tech Admission 2019 – Download Information Brochure.
If you have any queries regarding IIT Delhi M.Tech Admission 2019, please ask in comments below.