IIT Delhi M.Tech Admission 2018 has been announced for GATE candidates. Admission to M.Tech courses in IIT Delhi for academic session 2018-2019 will be done by shortlisting as per GATE 2018 Result and then conducting test and interviews. The Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi is one of the top engineering colleges in India. Most of the candidates seeking admission in M.Tech and higher education technical programs through GATE apply for admission in IIT Delhi. Candidates can get here complete details of IIT Delhi M.Tech Admission 2018 such as application form, eligibility criteria, and selection procedure.
IIT Delhi M.Tech Admission 2018
IIT Delhi M.Tech Admission 2018 has announced information related to admission session 208-19. The important schedule has been given below.
Schedule for IIT Delhi M.Tech Admission 2018 is given below.
|Submission of online application commences on||09 Mar 2018|
|Last date for submission of online application and application fee|
|Range of dates for Test / Interviews||14 May to 08 Jun 2018|
|Date of Registration for New Students||16 & 17 Jul 2018|
|Commencement of classes||18 Jul 2018|
Candidates shall apply online for M.Tech Programme from the official website admissions.iitd.ac.in as per schedule at IIT Bhubaneswar. Candidates are advised must ensure their eligibility and other condition before apply online application. Candidates are able to fill their application online from the direct link which is provided below.
Apply Online: Click here to apply online.
Candidates belonging to General / OBC category are required to pay for each application form a fee of Rs. 200/- and the Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PH categories are required to pay Rs. 50/-. The bank charges will be borne by the candidate.
Instruction to Candidates
- The separate application form should be filled for each interdisciplinary M.Tech. programme.
- The applicant seeking admission to M.Tech. programme of a particular department/ center/school should fill a separate application form. He/she may give up to four choices in order of preference for the M.Tech. Programmes available in that department. However, he/she will be considered only for two choices for which he/she is eligible in the order of preference given. In case a candidate is found to have filled more than one form of a particular department, his/her candidature will be canceled.
- Part-time/Sponsored (full-time) candidates must submit NOC/Sponsorship Certificate from their employer at the time of interview.
- Filling of false information will lead to rejection of application/cancellation of admission.
M.Tech. (Full Time) Programme
Minimum Qualification for Admission to full-time M.Tech. Programmes.
M.Tech(Part Time) & Sponsered(Full time) Programme
The IIT Dehli also give the opportunity to those candidates who are working and wats to study with their work. Whereas some organizations sponsor their employees for the higher studies. So this kind of candidate can continue the Sponsored(Full-time) course. And some candidates want to continue their studies with the work. So they can pursue the M.Tech. (Part-time) course. For this, they need to qualify the eligibility criteria set by the organizations. The eligibility criteria for these courses are as follows
- Only those candidates are eligible to apply who works under these types of organizations Public Sector Undertakings or Government Departments or Research and Development Organizations or Private Industries (approved by Faculty Boards).
- Those candidates who are working within the 50 km radius of IIT Delhi are eligible to apply.
- The minimum qualification for these courses is exactly same as the eligibility of full-time programme except the candidates need not qualify GATE examination.
- The candidates who are applying for Part – Time course have to submit the “No Objection Certificate” from the organization where the candidate is currently working. The certificate should state the one of the following
– the candidate is permitted to pursue studies on a part-time basis
– that his/her official duties permit him/her to devote sufficient time for studies
– that he/she will not be transferred to any other place during the period of study
- The candidates who are applying for the Sponsored Full-time course on the basis of study leave, have to submit the “Sponsered Certificate” by the organization which is sponsoring the candidate. The certificate should state one of the following
– for the period of his/her studies in the programme, the candidate would be treated as on duty with usual salary and allowances, and
– that he/she will be fully relieved and granted study leave for a minimum period of 2 years
Admission to M. Tech. programmes are carried out by first short-listing the eligible candidates (meeting the minimum performance in their qualifying degree and scoring above a GATE cut off specified for that programme and then conducting written test/interview at IIT Delhi. GATE cut off for various Programmes last year (the admission year 2017), in such cases, GATE score is given a minimum weight of 70% in judging the overall performance of the candidates appearing for the interview.
- 15% seats are reserved for SC and 7.5% for ST candidates.
- 27% seats are reserved for Non-Creamy layer OBC candidates. All candidates applying for admission under this category should produce the OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) Certificate applicable for OBC’s in the Central list at the time of interview.
Note: All shortlisted candidates applying for admission under the reserved categories are required to produce the relevant certificate at the time of interview.
Official Website: www.iitd.ac.in
For complete detail of IIT Delhi M.Tech Admission 2018 – Download Information Brochure.
If you have any queries regarding IIT Delhi M.Tech Admission 2018, please ask in comments below.