IIT Gandhinagar M.Tech Admission 2020 – Admission of the candidates is done on the basis of written test and personal interview. Candidates must have passed BE/ B.Tech or M.Sc degree with a minimum of 55% marks are eligible to apply. Also, the candidates should have a valid score in GATE. To fill the application form, candidates have to pay Rs. 200/- as application fee. Scroll down the page to get more information about IIT Gandhinagar M.Tech Admission 2020.
Latest: IIT Gandhinagar M.Tech Admission 2020 Counselling will be held on October 06, 2020. Candidate can check the same from below.
IIT Gandhinagar M.Tech Admission 2020
IIT Gandhinagar also offers the option of a post-graduate diploma in engineering (PGDIIT), which is a one-year programme designed to be an intensive course-work based programme with no thesis requirements. Candidates can check the official dates for IIT Gandhinagar M.Tech Admission 2020 from the table given below:
Schedule of IIT Gandhinagar M.Tech Admission 2020 is given below.
|Opening of the application portal||17 Mar 2020|
|Application form submission deadline||10 May 2020|
|Announcement of shortlisted candidates||15 May 2020|
|Applicant registered for interview||17 May 2020|
|Written test||20 – 25 May 2020|
|Announcement of results||To be announced|
IIT Gandhinagar M.Tech Admission 2020 Shortlisted Candidates
List of the shortlisted candidates has been updates by the IIT Gandhinagar. Candidates can access to the result by entering the credentials. Candidates who are shortlisted have to register themselves for interview. Interview is conducted at 10:00 AM everyday from May 20 – 25, 2020. Candidates can check the result from the link given below:
Check here: Click here to check the IIT Gandhinagar M.Tech Admission 2020 Shortlisted Candidate’s list.
IIT Gandhinagar Early Admit M.Tech
IIT Gandhinagar invites application form for final year B.Tech candidates (Class 2020) from the selected institute for Early Admit M.Tech Programme. Interested candidates must full fill eligibilty criteria for admission to the Early Admit M.Tech Programme of IIT Gandhinagar for the semester beginning in July 2020. Applicants can fill the application form via direct link & important schedule regarding IIT Gandhinagar Early Admit M.Tech, are given below:
|Application submission||10 Jun 2020|
|Announcement of shortlist||12 Jun 2020|
|Applicants register for interview||15 Jun 2020|
|Interview||18 – 20 Jun 2020|
Apply Online: Click here to Apply the Application Form.
- Applicants have in B.Tech (Class of 2020) from IITs with a CPI/CGPA of not less than 6.0 at the end of their third year.
- B.Tech. students from NITs and other select colleges, who are among the top five rank holders in the department at the end of their third year are also eligible.
Admission Process: Early Admit M.Tech admission is based on the interview, which is supplemented by a written test if necessary. The final selection will be based on academic credentials, written test and/or interview.
IIT Gandhinagar M.Tech Disciplines
IIT Gandhinagar invites M.tech programme in various discipline given below:
- Biological Engineering (Research Areas): Biological Sciences [Molecular and Cell Biology, Biochemistry and Chemical Biology], Bioengineering [Biomedical Engineering, Rehabilitation technologies, Tissue Engineering], Biotechnology [Nanobiotechnology, Bioinformatics, Protein and DNA Technologies, Bioremediation])
- Chemical Engineering (Research Areas): Nanotechnology, Colloids and Interfaces, Chemical Reaction Engineering, Separation Processes, Polymers, Process Control)
- Civil Engineering (Research Areas): Structural Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, and Water-Resources Engineering)
- Computer Science and Engineering (Research Areas): Algorithms, Complexity theory, Machine learning, Data mining, Game theory, Mechanism design, Data science, Cryptography, Network Security, Computer vision and graphics, and Computer architecture and systems)
- Earth System Science (Research Areas): Geomorphology, Water, and Environment, Near-Earth Surface Processes, Remote Sensing and GIS, Earth System Modelling)
- Electrical Engineering (Research Areas): Microelectronics, Signal Processing, Fiber Optics, Power Systems, Control Systems, Electrical Machines, VLSI Design, Biomedical Engineering)
- Materials Science and Engineering (Research Areas): Metallurgy, Nanomaterials, Biomaterials)
- Mechanical Engineering (Research Areas): Thermal Science and Engineering, Dynamics and Control, Solid Mechanics)
IIT Gandhinagar M.Tech Admission 2020 Application Form 2020
All applications who are wishing to get admission in IIT Gandhinagar M.Tech are required to submit online application form. Once the candidate submits the application form, he/ she gets the application number along with the download link of the acknowledgment page. Candidates have to produce the application form at the time of the interview. So, it is advised to keep the acknowledgment page secure for further use. The link to apply has also provided below.
|SC/ ST/ PWD Category||Rs. 100/-|
IIT Gandhinagar M.Tech Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for IIT Gandhinagar M.Tech Admission is as given below-
- Candidates must have passed the B.E. /B.Tech./M.Sc. degree or equivalent to that with minimum 55% marks (50% marks for SC /ST).
- Candidates should have a valid GATE score.
- Candidates who are applying for a part-time basis or for the PGDIIT program are not required to have a GATE score.
- Candidates who have done their B.tech from IITs with a CGPA of 8.0 or above are not required to have a GATE score.
IIT Gandhinagar M.Tech Admission 2020 Seat Intake
Seat Intake as per last year in various discipline for the M.tech programme is given below:
|Computer Science and Engineering||40|
|Earth System Science||40|
|Materials Science and Engineering||40|
Shortlisted Candidates for Written Test / Interview
List of shortlisted candidates for written test and interview for admission to M.tech and PGDIIT programme 2020 for the first semester releases on the official website by the IIT Gandhinagar, candidates can check the list from the official website or from the link that will be provided here. The shortlisted candidates will have chance to take admission in the IIT Gandhinagar.Candidates need to score good marks for getting the name in the merit list. The further admission procedure follows accordingly.
IIT Gandhinagar M.Tech Admission 2020 Selection Procedure
Here, we are providing the complete selection procedure for IIT Gandhinagar M.Tech Admission 2020 which is as given below:
- After filling the application form, candidates have to appear for the written test. Candidates are selected for written test on the basis of their academic record or GATE score.
- The questions are asked in the exam are from the topics of General Aptitude, Engineering Mathematics and basic course upto 3 years of UG programme.
- After appearing in the written test, shortlisted candidates are called for the interview round.
- At the time of the interview, candidates have to bring all the required documents.
- Final selection of the candidate is done on the basis of the academic score, GATE score, written test score and interview.
Official Website: iitgn.ac.in.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.