|Exam||Last Date||Apply Now|
|CAT||25 Sep 2017||Click Here|
|SNAP||24 Nov 2017||Click Here|
|NMAT||03 Oct 2017||Click Here|
|XAT||30 Nov 2017||Click Here|
IIT Gandhinagar M.Tech Admission 2017 is open for eligible candidates. M.Tech admission in IIT Gandhinagar for academic session 2017-2018 is offered in Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Mechanical and Materials Science & Engineering. Candidates who meet the programme requirements can fill the IIT GN M.Tech 2017 application form within the given dates. Get here complete details of IIT Gandhinagar M.Tech Admission 2017 such as form filling, selection procedure.
Latest – List of Candidate Selected for M.Tech admission has been released, Check it through the link provided below.
IIT Gandhinagar M.Tech Admission 2017
IIT Gandhinagar invites applications to M.Tech. programmes in Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Mechanical and Materials Science & Engineering for the year 2017-2018. The M.Tech. curriculum at IIT Gandhinagar has been designed to be highly creative with a focus on interdisciplinary skills and high-quality thesis work. IIT Gandhinagar also offers the option of a post-graduate diploma in engineering (PGDIIT), which is a one-year programme designed to be an intensive course-work based programme with no thesis requirements.
Schedule of IIT Gandhinagar M.Tech Admission 2017 is given below.
|Opening of application portal||27 Mar 2017|
|Application form submission deadline||16 Apr 2017|
|Web announcement of short-listed candidates for written test and/or interview||26 Apr 2017|
|Written test and/or interview||12 to 17 May 2017|
|Web announcement of list of selected candidates||07 Jun 2017|
IIT Ghandhinagar has released list of selected candidates for M.Tech & PGDIIT Programmes for Semester-1 of academic year 2017-2018. Candidates can check the list through the link provided below.
The list of shortlisted candidates has been published for the test for admission to M.Tech. / PGDIIT Programmes at IIT Gandhinagar for semester-I of academic year 2017-18. The test as well as the interview (for candidates shortlisted after written test) will be conducted at IIT Gandhinagar, located at Palaj, Gandhinagar- 382 355, as per the schedule mentioned in the list.
Application Form 2017
All applications must be submitted online. If you are applying for more than one discipline, please submit a separate application for each discipline. After successful submission of the application form, you will receive an application number and a link to download the application form. Please save the application form. You need to furnish hardcopy of the application form and self attested copies of all the relevant documents at the time of interview. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
There is NO application fee.
You NEED NOT send the hard-copy of the application form.
- Minimum of 55% marks / 5.5 (on a 10 point scale) in B.E. /B.Tech./M.Sc. or equivalent in appropriate branches (50% marks for SC /ST)
- Candidates who have a valid GATE score (at the time of interview/written test) are eligible to apply for M.Tech. GATE is not required for application to M.Tech. on a part-time basis or for the PGDIIT programme.
- B.Tech. graduates from the IITs with CGPA/CPI of 8.0 or above (on scale of 10) would be eligible to admission without having to appear in GATE
- Candidates applying for the regular M.Tech. programme and who are sponsored by their employers do not require GATE score and can be considered as sponsored candidates provided (a) candidate has been in service for more than 2 years (b) employer grants 2 years of study leave and (c) employer undertakes to financially support the candidate for the entire duration of 2 years.The eligibility criteria mentioned above is minimum and the disciplines may use higher cut-off levels for shortlisting. Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PD categories would be eligible for relaxations, as per norms, in the selection criteria.
The eligibility criteria mentioned above is minimum and the disciplines may use higher cut-off levels for shortlisting. Candidates belonging to SC/ST categories would be eligible for relaxations, as per norms, in the selection criteria.
Disciplines & Seats Intake
- Biological Engineering (Research Areas: Biological Sciences [Molecular and Cell Biology, Biochemistry and Chemical Biology], Bioengineering [Biomedical Engineering, Rehabilitation technologies, Tissue Engineering], Biotechnology [Nanobiotechnology, Bioinformatics, Protein and DNA Technologies, Bioremediation])
- Chemical Engineering (Research Areas: Nanotechnology, Colloids and Interfaces, Chemical Reaction Engineering, Separation Processes, Polymers, Process Control)
- Civil Engineering (Research Areas: Structural Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering and Water-Resources Engineering)
- Computer Science and Engineering (Research Areas: Algorithms, Complexity theory, Machine learning, Data mining, Game theory, Mechanism design, Data science, Cryptography, Network security, Computer vision and graphics, and Computer architecture and systems)
- Earth System Science (Research Areas: Geomorphology, Water and Environment, Near Earth Surface Processes, Remote Sensing and GIS, Earth System Modelling)
- Electrical Engineering (Research Areas: Microelectronics, Signal Processing, Fiber Optics, Power Systems, Control Systems, Electrical Machines, VLSI Design, Biomedical Engineering)
- Materials Science and Engineering (Research Areas: Metallurgy, Nanomaterials, Biomaterials)
- Mechanical Engineering (Research Areas: Thermal Science and Engineering, Dynamics and Control, Solid Mechanics)
|Computer Science and Engineering||40|
|Earth System Science||40|
|Materials Science and Engineering||40|
Admission Procedure”Category wise reservations on overall available seats will be followed as per Government of India norms.”
Admission is generally offered on the basis of a written test and interview. The Institute will invite a limited number of candidates for a written test and interview based on the academic records and/or GATE score. The Institute reserves the right to use its own judgment while determining the candidate’s level of competency based on the available information. The final selection will be based on all of above, viz., academic records, GATE score, written test and interview. The Institute may also exercise the option of offering admission to a few outstanding candidates based on academic record and/or GATE, without calling them for written test and interview.
The written test is generally based on the topics related to general aptitude (logical reasoning, analytical and numerical ability, etc.), engineering mathematics, and basic courses in various disciplines up to 3rd year of undergraduate programme. The candidates who do not qualify in the written test need not appear for interview. The reserved category candidates will be given due relaxation in cutoff marks as per the norms.
The candidates called for the Test and Interview will be reimbursed any amount exceeding Rs.750/- for to and fro single second-sleeper class railway fare by the shortest route from their place of residence to the Institute /venue of the Test / Interview. For example, in case of total railway fare of Rs.1400/- the candidate will be reimbursed Rs.650/-. It is required to produce evidence (railway ticket) in support of the claim.