IIT Gandhinagar M.Tech Admission 2020- IIT Gandhinagar invites applications to M.Tech. programmes in Biological Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Earth System Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science & Engineering for the year 2020-21.The M.Tech curriculum at IIT Gandhinagar has been designed to be highly creative with a focus on interdisciplinary skills and high-quality thesis work . Candidates who meet the programme requirements can fill the IIT Gandhinagar M.Tech 2020 application form from March 2020, onwards. Get here complete details of IIT Gandhinagar M.Tech Admission 2020 such as form filling, selection procedure.
IIT Gandhinagar M.Tech Admission 2020
IIT Gandhinagar invites applications to M.Tech. programmes for the academic year 2020-21. IIT Gandhinagar also offers the option of a post-graduate diploma in engineering (PGDIIT), which is a one-year programme designed to be an intensive course-work based programme with no thesis requirements.
Schedule of IIT Gandhinagar M.Tech Admission 2020 is given below.
|Opening of the application portal||03rd week of Mar 2020|
|Application form submission deadline||02nd week of Apr 2020|
|Announcement of shortlisted candidates (tentative)||03rd week of Apr 2020|
|Written test and/or interview (tentative)||02nd week of May 2020|
|Announcement of results (tentative)||04th week of May 2020|
Discipline wise date of Written Test and/or Interview
|Biological Engineering||2nd week of May 2020|
|Computer Science and Engineering||2nd week of May 2020|
|Materials Science and Engineering||2nd week of May 2020|
|Earth System Science||2nd week of May 2020|
|Chemical Engineering||2nd week of May 2020|
|Civil Engineering||2nd week of May 2020|
|Electrical Engineering||2nd week of May 2020|
|Mechanical Engineering||2nd week of May 2020|
IIT Gandhinagar invites M.tech programme in various discipline given below:
- Biological Engineering (Research Areas: Biological Sciences [Molecular and Cell Biology, Biochemistry and Chemical Biology], Bioengineering [Biomedical Engineering, Rehabilitation technologies, Tissue Engineering], Biotechnology [Nanobiotechnology, Bioinformatics, Protein and DNA Technologies, Bioremediation])
- Chemical Engineering (Research Areas: Nanotechnology, Colloids and Interfaces, Chemical Reaction Engineering, Separation Processes, Polymers, Process Control)
- Civil Engineering (Research Areas: Structural Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, and Water-Resources Engineering)
- Computer Science and Engineering (Research Areas: Algorithms, Complexity theory, Machine learning, Data mining, Game theory, Mechanism design, Data science, Cryptography, Network Security, Computer vision and graphics, and Computer architecture and systems)
- Earth System Science (Research Areas: Geomorphology, Water, and Environment, Near Earth Surface Processes, Remote Sensing and GIS, Earth System Modelling)
- Electrical Engineering (Research Areas: Microelectronics, Signal Processing, Fiber Optics, Power Systems, Control Systems, Electrical Machines, VLSI Design, Biomedical Engineering)
- Materials Science and Engineering (Research Areas: Metallurgy, Nanomaterials, Biomaterials)
- Mechanical Engineering (Research Areas: Thermal Science and Engineering, Dynamics and Control, Solid Mechanics)
The eligibility criteria for IIT Gandhinagar M.Tech Admission is as given below-
- Minimum of 55% marks / 5.5 (on a 10 point scale) in B.E. /B.Tech./M.Sc. or equivalent in appropriate branches (50% marks for SC /ST)
- Candidates who have a valid GATE score (at the time of interview/written test) are eligible to apply for M.Tech. GATE is not required for application to M.Tech. on a part-time basis or for the PGDIIT programme.
- B.Tech. graduates from the IITs with CGPA/CPI of 8.0 or above (on the scale of 10) would be eligible for admission without having to appear in GATE
- Candidates applying for the regular M.Tech. programme and who are sponsored by their employers do not require GATE score and can be considered as sponsored candidates provided (a) candidate has been in service for more than 2 years (b) employer grants 2 years of study leave and (c) employer undertakes to financially support the candidate for the entire duration of 2 years.
The eligibility criteria mentioned above is minimum and the disciplines may use higher cut-off levels for shortlisting. Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PD categories would be eligible for relaxations, as per norms, in the selection criteria.
Application Form 2020
All applications must be submitted online. If you are applying for more than one discipline, please submit a separate application for each discipline. After successful submission of the application form, you will receive an application number and a link to download the application form. Please save the application form. You need to furnish hardcopy of the application form and self-attested copies of all the relevant documents at the time of interview. Incomplete applications will be rejected. The link to apply has also provided below.
Application Fees: The candidates need to pay the application fee for Rs. 100/- (SC/ST/PD Category), Rs. 200/- (Others).
The test pattern for admission in IIT Gandhinagar is generally based on the topics related to general aptitude (logical reasoning, analytical and numerical ability, etc.), engineering mathematics, and basic courses in various disciplines up to a 3rd year of the undergraduate programme. The candidates who do not qualify in the written test need not appear for an interview. The reserved category candidates will be given due relaxation in cutoff marks as per the norms.
Shortlisted Candidates for Written Test / Interview
List of shortlisted candidates for written test and interview for admission to M.tech and PGDIIT programme 2020 for the first semester releases on the official website by the IIT Gandhinagar, candidates can check the list from the official website or from the link that will be provided here. The shortlisted candidates will have chance to take admission in the IIT Gandhinagar.Candidates need to score good marks for getting the name in the merit list. The further admission procedure follows accordingly.
Admission is generally offered on the basis of a written test and interview. The Institute will invite a limited number of candidates for a written test and interview based on the academic records and/or GATE score. The Institute reserves the right to use its own judgment while determining the candidate’s level of competency based on the available information. The final selection will be based on all of above, viz., academic records, GATE score, written test, and an interview. The Institute may also exercise the option of offering admission to a few outstanding candidates based on academic record and/or GATE, without calling them for written test and interview.
Seat Intake as per last year in various discipline for the M.tech programme is given below:
|Computer Science and Engineering||40|
|Earth System Science||40|
|Materials Science and Engineering||40|
” Category wise reservations on overall available seats will be followed as per Government of India norms.”
Official Website: iitgn.ac.in.
For more details regarding IIT Gandhinagar M.Tech Admission 2020 you can refer the previous year notification, Download Official Notification.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.