IIT Hyderabad M.Tech Admission 2019 – Indian Institute of Technology, Hyderabad offers admission to M.Tech programs in various discipline for 2019 sessions. The application form for M.Tech course in Data Science(MDS)/ Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) 2019 session and for all other M.Tech courses is available now. Candidates can fill their application form online from the official website. All the candidates are requested to read the complete information and ensure their eligibility criteria before filling the application form. Details of IIT Hyderabad M.Tech Admission 2019 such as application form, eligibility criteria, important dates and other information are mentioned on this page.
IIT Hyderabad M.Tech Admission 2019
The M.Tech. programmes offered in various disciplines and streams by different departments of the institute are based on the credit system and provide a student with a wide choice of courses. Each programme comprises of several core and elective courses and project work.
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical And Aerospace Engineering
- Bio-Medical Engineering
- Materials Science and Metallurgical Engineering
Important dates of M.Tech course in Data Science(MDS)/ Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) for 2019 session are mentioned below.
|Date of opening of the site for submitting online applications||07 Mar 2019|
|Last date for submitting online applications||01 Apr 2019|
|Announcing list of shortlisted candidates for selection test||08 Apr 2019|
|Date of written test/interviews||27 Apr 2019|
|Date of interview for Biomedical Engineering||05 & 06 May 2019|
|The announcement of selected candidates||Between 24 May 2019 – 31 May 2019|
|Registration||24 Jul 2019|
|Commencement of class work||03 Aug 2019|
The last date to apply for all the other M.Tech courses is April 18, 2019.
Application Form 2019
The application form of IIT Hyderabad for M.tech courses in Data Science(MDS)/ Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) 2019 session is available now. The application form of M.tech courses in CSE is available at the official website i.e. www.iith.ac.in. Eligible candidates can apply for admission into M.Tech programmes at IIT Hyderabad from the official website as well as from the direct links is provided below.
- Click here to register for the M.tech courses in Data Science(MDS)/ Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) 2019 session.
- Click here to apply online for IIT Hyderabad M.Tech Admission 2019.
Steps to fill Online Application Form:
Step 1: Registration Process
On Registration Page candidate have to provide a valid login id, email address and password. Please note that email address will be used for further communication with you.
Step 2: Login into our System
Please Provide the login id and password which you had chosen at the time of Registration with our system. (Whenever you login first time their system will ask you for the secret key which you received through the email at the time of registration).
Click on the link ‘Click here to apply’ and Choose the department by clicking on the arrow of the corresponding department
Fill or update your application details by clicking on appropriate link. Please note that once you fill or update the information in the appropriate form you need to click on either save/submit button so that your data will be stored in our system.
- Application Fee: 500/- All categories
- Payment Procedure: The University will be accepting fee through SBI-Collect. At the time of paying the fee please save the reference document you received from the bank.
- Save ‘SBCollect Reference Number’ in Payment Reference Number column of Application Fee Page
- Upload the reference document by clicking the link provided in Application Fee page
Submit your application by clicking on the ‘Submit Application’ button.
After submission, you should take a printout of your application by clicking on the ‘Print Application’ button.
If you are called for the Written test / Interview you need to carry all your documents, a printout of your application (Which you will receive through email after the last date of submission), payment reference document and certificates with you.
One can apply to several departments. If you want to apply to several departments you need to fill a separate application for each department you want to apply. To fill your application for the department “XYZ” first log in to our system and choose “XYZ” in the list of department names. Please note that you need to fill all your details for each department. Please note that you need to pay the application fee separately for each department.
You can keep on updating your application, upload the payment reference document and photo till the last date.
“Incomplete application will not be accepted”.
- Data Science (MDS) / Computer Science and Engineering (CSE): The candidate must have a minimum of 2 years of work experience in Industry and be employed at the time of applying. The candidate must have a BTech / BE / AMIE degree in CS / EE / IT/ ECE, or an MCA, an MSc / MS degree in CS / IT, and have an excellent academic record.
- BioMedical Engineering – First class or 60% marks (55% for SC/ST) in (A) B.Tech./B.E. in Biomedical, Biotechnology, Electrical, Electronics and communication, Instrumentation, Mechanical, Computer Science and Information Technology, Chemical Engineering, Metallurgy and Material Science, Textile Engineering and Fibre Science, Engineering Sciences (or) (B) M.Sc. or equivalent (2 year) in Physics, Biophysics, Chemistry, Material science, Ceramics, Electronics, Computer Science, Life Sciences , Physiology, Engineering Sciences (or) (C) MBBS, BDS, B.Pharm, BVSc or equivalent programme with duration of 4 years or more.
- Chemical Engineering – Candidates with BE/BTech from a government recognized university/institution with minimum first class in Chemical Engineering, Chemical Technology (Petroleum, petrochemical, polymer/rubber, oil, pharmaceutical etc.), Biotechnology, and related disciplines can apply for this program. Those candidates who are yet to appear in the final exam may also apply provided that their results are likely to be declared by July 15, 2018. GATE qualification is not a requirement for admission to all course M.Tech program.
- Electrical Engineering – For admission under MICRO applicant must have completed B.Tech/B.E in ECE, EEE, EIE. For admission in CSP applicant must have done B.Tech/B.E in EE. For admission in PEPS applicant must have done B.Tech/B.E in EEE, EIE. For admission in Machine Learning candidate must have done B.Tech/B.E in ECE/CS/IT.
- Material Science and Metallurgical Engineering – Candidates having B.E./B.Tech/BS degree in Materials Science/ Metallurgical Engineering/ Ceramics Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Production Engineering/ Industrial Engineering/ Plastics Engineering, OR M.Sc. degree in Materials Science/ Physics/ Chemistry are eligible.
- Artificial Intelligence-The candidate must have earned BTech/BE/MSc in any discipline. The applicant must have already earned BTech/BE/MSc or, at least, should be in the final year of the respective studies. In the later case, it would be assumed that the candidate will be able to complete the degree by the me of M-Tech admission.
- Climate Change – B.Tech/BE in Engineering/MSc in Atmospheric Sciences / Environmental Sciences / Earth Sciences / General Chemistry. Valid GATE score is required for all the applicants (Except for IIT B.Tech graduates)
For Data Science (MDS) / Computer Science and Engineering (CSE):
Candidates must fill an online application. Shortlisted candidates will have to give a written test and/or interview. Prior research exposure and/or industry experience in areas related to data science will be considered a plus. The final selection of the candidate will be based on performance in the interview, and any other criteria deemed suitable by the admission committee. The department reserves the right to set any cut off criteria for shortlisting the candidates.
For Artificial Engineering :
For admission to the the program there will be a preliminary shortlisting depending upon the GATE score and/or the academic background. Candidates who satisfy the shortlisting cutoff need to appear for a wrien test and/or an interview. The department reserves the right to set any cutoff for the shortlisting of M-Tech applications. In addition, the department the right not to select anybody if no appropriate candidates are found.
For Data Science (MDS) / Computer Science and Engineering (CSE):
The fee for applying to the program is ₹500/-. There is a registration fee of ₹15,000 per semester the student enrols for one or more courses. For the program, the students have to complete 24 course credits and 24 Capstone Project credits. The course fee is ₹25,000 per credit for the courses. For the Capstone project, the fee is ₹12,500 per credit. For all the 48 credits the total fee is ₹9 Lakhs.
For more information about IIT Hyderabad M.Tech Admission 2019, Download the following documents:
- M.Tech course in Data Science(MDS)/ Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) – Admission Notification | Information Brochure.
- Download Civil Engineering Brochure.
- Download Electrical Engineering Brochure.
- Download Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Brochure.
- Download Bio Medical Engineering Brochure.
- Download Chemical Engineering Brochure.
- Materials Science and Metallurgical Engineering Brochure.
- Download Artificial Intelligence Brochure.
- Download Climate Change Brochure.
Official Website: www.iith.ac.in