Indian Institute of Technology Tirupati (IIT Tirupati) is an autonomous engineering and technology education institute located in Tirupati. IIT Tirupati is the first among the 3G IITs, announced in 2014, to have its foundation stone laid in March 2015. The Government of Andhra Pradesh is nurturing Tirupati as knowledge hub of the State. IIT Tirupati offers both UG and PG courses in various fields of engineering. Further it also offers courses in research and Phd. Courses are planned to nurture innovation, creativity, quality, teamwork, communication skills, ethics and societal interaction.
Here on this page you can find information about PG course admission to IIT Tirupati. Application process for candidates who are willing to pursue MTech will be starting soon. The Candidates must check the eligibility criteria before applying. Further information regarding IIT Tirupati M.Tech Admission 2019 is provided below.
IIT Tirupati M.Tech Admission 2019
IIT Tirupati offering M. Tech Programme from the Academic Year 2019-20 in the following Departments:
- M.Tech in Civil Engineering (Stream: (i)Environmental and Water Resources Engineering, (ii)Structural Engineering, and (iii)Transportation and Infrastructure Engineering)
- M. Tech in Computer Science & Engineering
- M. Tech in Electrical Engineering (Stream: Signal Processing & Communications)
- M. Tech in Mechanical Engineering (Stream: Design & Manufacturing)
Important dates regarding application process
|Opening date of online application||01 Apr 2019|
|Closing date of online application||30 Apr 2019|
|First Round Announcement||14 – 16 May 2019|
|Joining date of candidate||30 Jul 2019|
Candidates who wish to pursue M.tech must satisfy the following criteria:
For GATE qualified candidates
Candidates qualified in GATE 2017, 2018 or 2019 and satisfying any one of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology from Educational Institutions approved by AICTE/ Government.
- Candidates yet to appear or have appeared in the final examination for the qualifying degree specified in and whose results are likely to be declared by July 15, 2019.
For IIT Graduates
Candidates graduating/ graduated from IITs with B.Tech. Degree and having CGPA of 8.0 [7.5 for SC/ST (on a scale of 10)] and above can apply without GATE Score. These applications will be reviewed by the respective Department(s).
Upgradation to Ph.D
M.Tech. students will be eligible for upgradation to Ph.D if they satisfy the following criteria:
- The candidate should have successfully completed a minimum of 2 semesters in the M.Tech Programme.
- The candidate should have a minimum CGPA of 8.0 in the prescribed courses.
Application process for admission to IIT Tirupati M.tech will be starting soon. Candidates must assure their eligibility before applying. Application form will be available on the official website. Also, a direct link to application form will also be provided below. Candidates who are willing to apply can click on the link below and fill the application form before the closing date.
Application fee must be paid online at the time of submitting form. The application fee is non-refundable. The application fee is as follows:
- GN/OBC-NCL Male candidates : Rs.400/-
- GN/OBC-NCL Female candidates : Rs.200/-
- SC/ST and PwD candidates : Rs.200/-
Note: A valid OBC-NCL/SC/ST/PwD Certificate must be uploaded with the ONLINE application and submitted at the time of admission.
List of selected candidates for admission to IIT Tirupati M.Tech 2019 admission will be published. Selection list will be available on the official website. Candidates can check the selection list by clicking on the link which will be provided below.
Official website: iittp.ac.in
For more information about IIT Tirupati M.Tech Admission 2019 – Download Information brochure here.