Indian Statistical Institute (ISI) 2019 Admission is offered at ISI Kolkata, Delhi, Chennai, Bangalore, and other campuses. ISI Admission 2019 in degree programs, diploma/certificate, and fellowship, is to be done on the basis of admission tests and interviews taking into consideration the past academic record. Candidates who wish to get admission in the Indian Statistical Institute can fill and submit the online application form. Get here complete details of ISI Admission 2019 including the application form, admit card, result, eligibility, stipends, entrance test.
Applications are invited to eligible candidates for admission to the Degree and Diploma programs listed below as well as Junior Research Fellowships offered by the Indian Statistical Institute. Stipends/Fellowships as mentioned against each program will be available to the deserving candidates subject to satisfying the minimum academic qualification.
Indian Statistical Institute (ISI) 2019 Admission and Entrance Test
B Stat (Hons), B Math (Hons), M Stat, M Math, MS (QE), MS (QMS), MS (LIS), M Tech (CS), M Tech (QROR), PG Diplomas and Research Fellowships are offered at ISI Kolkata, ISI Delhi, ISI Chennai, ISI Bangalore, ISI Hyderabad, ISI Tezpur, ISI Giridih.
|Availability of ISI 2019 Online Application Form||05 Feb 2019|
|Last date of submission of Online Application Form|
|Start date for Payment of Application Fee||07 Feb 2019|
|End date for Payment of Application Fee||19 Mar 2019|
|Availability of ISI Admit card|
|Examination date of ISI Exam|
|Availability Of Answer key||08 / 09 May 2019|
Interview Call List
Interview Call List for various courses for ISI 2019 has been released after the declaration of result. Candidates can check the same from the official website i.e., www.isical.ac.in.
Interview Call List:
- Click here to check Result of PG Diploma in Statistical Methods and Analytics
- Click here to check Result of PG Diploma in Statistical Methods and Analytics (Domicile).
Important instructions for candidates selected for an interview for ISI 2019:
Please bring the following with you at the time of appearing for Interview.
- A recent colour passport-size photograph.
- A valid government-issued Photo ID proof (like passport, PAN Card, Voter ID card, Aadhaar card, etc.).
- Original Mark sheets/Certificates from Class X till Graduation/Post Graduation as applicable.
- Valid Category (SC/ST/OBC-NCL/PwD) Certificates in Original, if applicable.
- Original Work Experience documents, if applicable.
- Original Certificates supporting any other Qualifications or Achievements that you have mentioned in the Application form.
- Self-attested copies of all the relevant documents (under item nos. 3-6 above).
ISI 2019 Admission Details – Programs, Eligibility, Stipend
For all the programs described below, those who have completed or are due to complete the qualifying examinations for which results are not yet published may also apply for admission. If selected, their admission to a course or fellowship will be provisional pending the announcement of results.
- B Stat (Hons): Successful completion of 10+2 years of Higher Secondary Education (or its equivalent) with Mathematics and English as subjects. Stipend ₹3000/- per month (Offered at Kolkata).
- B Math (Hons): Successful completion of 10+2 years of Higher Secondary Education (or its equivalent) with Mathematics and English as subjects. Stipend ₹3000/- per month (Offered at Bengaluru).
- M Stat: (i) 3-year Bachelor’s degree or a BE/B.Tech. degree with Statistics as a subject, or (ii) B. Math. Degree from Indian Statistical Institute (ISI), or (iii) PG Diploma in Statistical Methods and analytics from ISI. Stipend ₹5000/- per month (Offered at Delhi and Chennai).
- M Math: (i) 3-year Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, or (ii) B. Stat. degree from ISI, or (iii) BE/B. Tech. degree with Mathematics as a subject. Stipend ₹5000/per month (Offered at Kolkata).
- Master of Science (MS) in Quantitative Economics: 3-year Bachelor’s degree in any discipline and have passed the 12th standard examination with Mathematics as a subject. Stipend ₹5000/- per month (Offered at Kolkata and Delhi).
- Master of Science (MS) in Quality Management Science: (i) 3-year Bachelor’s degree with Mathematics as a subject, or (ii) BE/B. Tech. degree in any discipline. Stipend ₹5000/- per month (Offered at Bengaluru and Hyderabad).
- Master of Science (MS) in Library and Information Science: 3-year Bachelor’s degree in any discipline. Stipend ₹5000/- per month (Offered at Bengaluru).
- M Tech in Computer Science: (i) Master’s degree in Mathematics/
Statistics/ Physics/ Electronic Science/ Computer Science/ Computer Applications/ Information Technology or, (ii) BE/B. Tech. degree or any other qualification considered equivalent (such as AMIE or, DOEACC ‘B’ Level). Stipend ₹8000/- per month (Offered at Kolkata).
- M Tech in Quality, Reliability & Operations Research:(i) a Master’s Degree in Statistics with Physics and Chemistry at the (10+2) level; or (ii) a Master’s Degree in Mathematics with Statistics as a subject at undergraduate or post-graduate level, and Physics and Chemistry at the (10+2) level; or (iii) a BE/B Tech degree or any other qualification considered equivalent (such as AMIE). (Offered at Kolkata).
- M Tech in Cryptology and Security: (i) Master’s degree in Mathematics/ Statistics/ Physics/ Electronic Science/ Computer Science/ Computer Applications/ Information Technology or, (ii) BE/B. Tech. degree or any other qualification considered equivalent (such as AMIE or, DOEACC ‘B’ Level). Stipend ₹8000/- per month (Offered at Kolkata).
- PG Diploma in Statistical Methods and Analytics: (i) 3 year Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with Mathematics as a subject or, (ii) BE/B. Tech. degree or any other qualification considered equivalent (such as AMIE). Stipend ₹2000/- per month for domiciled students of the North East States of India. (Offered at ISI NE Centre at Tezpur. 50% seats are reserved for domiciled candidates of the North-East states of India).
- PG Diploma in Computer Applications: 3-year Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with Mathematics as a subject (Offered at Giridih).
Click here to check the announcement on the policy of waiver for admission into JRF programs.
Junior Research Fellowship JRF
(a) Statistics: In order to be eligible for admission to this programme, an applicant must have an M Stat degree from ISI or an MA/M Sc or equivalent degree in Statistics.
(b) Mathematics: In order to be eligible for admission to this programme, an applicant must have an M Stat/ M Math degree from ISI, or an MA/ M Sc or equivalent degree in Mathematics, or an ME/ M Tech degree or equivalent with Mathematics as a subject.
(c) Quantitative Economics: In order to be eligible for admission to this programme, an applicant must have a Master’s degree in any discipline with Economics/ Mathematics/ Statistics as a subject at the undergraduate or postgraduate level.
(d) Computer Science: In order to be eligible for admission to this programme, an applicant must have an ME/ M Tech or equivalent degree in Electronics/ Telecommunication/ Radio Physics/ Computer Science/ Electrical Engineering/ Microwave Communications/ Information Technology/ Bioinformatics/ Biotechnology with Mathematics as a subject at the undergraduate or postgraduate level,or an M Sc/ MCA/ MA or equivalent degree in Physics/ Mathematics/ Applied Mathematics/ Statistics/ Electronic Sciences/ Computer Science/ Atmospheric Science/ Information Technology/ Bioinformatics/ Biotechnology with Mathematics as a subject at the undergraduate and Postgraduate level.
(e) Quality, Reliability & Operations Research: In order to be eligible for admission to this programme, an applicant must have an M Tech/ ME/ MS/ M Phil or equivalent degree in Quality/ Reliability/ Operations Research, or an M Stat/ M Sc/ MA or equivalent degree in Mathematics/ Statistics/Physics with Mathematics as a subject at the graduate level.
(f) Physics and Applied Mathematics: M. Sc. in Physics or an M Sc degree in Mathematics or equivalent(Offered at Kolkata)
(g) Geology: M. Sc. in Geology or equivalent with minimum 55% marks(Offered at Kolkata)
(h) Biological Science: (i) an M.Sc. (Ag) in Agronomy/ Agricultural Chemistry and Soil Science/ Entomology / Plant Pathology/ Nematology / Plant Nematology or (ii) an M.Sc. in Environmental Science/ Agricultural Biotechnology or (iii) an M Sc in Zoology with specialization in Nematology. (Offered at Kolkata).
(i) Library and Information Science: MS (LIS) awarded by ISI or Associateship in Documentation and Information Science (=ADIS, awarded by ISI or NISCAIR/INSDOC) or its equivalent degree (such as Master’s degree in Library and Information Science from any Indian/Foreign University). (Offered at Bengaluru).
ISI 2019 Application Form
ISI 2019 Application Form is available online at the ISI Kolkata website www.isical.ac.in as per schedule mention in above the table. Even those candidates who are exempted from the entrance exam (INMO Awardees) can also submit the application form of ISI Admission 2019.
ISI 2019 Test Pattern
You will appear for the tests of the following types:
(i) Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ): In this type of test, there are thirty (30) questions in total. For each question, four answer-choices are given, of which only one answer-choice is correct or the best. The questions are numbered as 1, 2, 3 etc., and the answer-choices for each question are marked as (A), (B), (C) and (D). An answersheet (OMR Sheet) will be given with the test booklet for indicating your answers. See sample OMR Sheet and further instructions on Pages 6-7 of the instruction booklet (attached below on this page.)
Try to answer as many questions as you can, however you will be penalized for each wrong answer. You will find the grading scheme on the question booklet.
(ii) Descriptive type: In this type of test, you are expected to write the answers, supplying all the details, in a separate answer booklet given to you. Note that the candidates who fail to secure minimum qualifying marks in the Forenoon test will not be evaluated in subsequent stages.
Rules for (MCQ) tests:
You will be given a Test Booklet containing the questions and a separate answersheet called Optical Mark Recognition (OMR) Answer sheet to indicate your answers. (A sample OMR sheet is given at the end of this booklet on Page 6.)
On the OMR sheet:
- Use only a BALL PEN with BLACK ink to write on the OMR sheet.
- While writing in boxes (), please use CAPITAL LETTERS.
- Do NOT write more than one letter / digit in one box.
- Rough work must NOT be done on the OMR Answer Sheet.
- Do NOT fold the OMR answer sheet.
- Write your Name in CAPITAL LETTERS exactly as it appears in your Admit Card.
- Sign (full signature) in the given box.
- Registration number: Write down your registration number as given in the admit card by filling out all the boxes. You are also required to indicate alphabetic and numeric parts of the registration numbers by darkening the appropriate bubbles below.
- Booklet number: Write down the test booklet number by filling out the given boxes. Also darken the appropriate bubble below each digit. For the registration number and the booklet number, only the data provided by darkening the bubble will be considered.
- Test code, Category and Physical Disability (PwD): Darken the appropriate bubbles.
ISI 2019 Admit Card
Admit card for ISI 2019 will be available at the official website after the completion of the application process. Candidates can download the Admit card from the Admit card page. The ISI 2019 Admit Card will be generated after successful form submission. Candidates can download and keep safely the admit card of ISI Entrance Test 2019 and carry it on the day of the exam.
ISI 2019 Admission Test Syllabus (Previous years)
- JRF in Statistics
- JRF in Mathematics
- JRF in Quantitative Economics
- JRF in Computer Science
- JRF in Quality, Reliability and Operations Research
- JRF in Physics
- JRF in Library and Information Science
- JRF in Sociology
- JRF in Geology
- JRF in Psychology
- JRF in Agricultural Chemistry and Soil Science
- JRF in Linguistics
- PG Diploma in Statistical Methods and Analytics
- PG Diploma in Computer Applications
ISI 2019 Result
ISI 2019 Result of the ISI Entrance Test will be announced after the exam. Students who appeared for the admission test and interviews, or applied on the basis of INMO, will able to check the ISI Results for admission 2019-2020 at the website of ISI Kolkata Admissions isical.ac.in. On the basis of merit list for admission to the first year of various programs of the academic year 2019-2020, candidates are being offered admission in the first round.
Selection of candidates will be based on their performance in written tests and interviews conducted by the Institute subject to satisfying the minimum academic qualification. ISI offers PhD degree only in the areas mentioned in (a), (b), (c), (d) and (e).
Candidates who have been awarded a Junior Research Fellowship in the above-mentioned areas by NBHM/CSIR/UGC/ICMR/DST/DBT based on a nationally conducted written Admission Test are also required to clear the ISI Admission Test or an equivalent test conducted by the institute provided they wish to obtain a PhD degree from ISI. No equivalent Admission Test will be conducted this year for these awardees. Candidates selected for Junior Research Fellowships may be asked to join at a place other than the one opted for, if necessary.
Due consideration is given to OBC-NCL/SC/ST/PWD candidates for all programs. (See Prospectus for ISI reservation policy). Limited hostel facility is available.
*Excludes the number of students getting direct admission from B.Stat./B.Math.
† An additional number of seats, not exceeding 10% of declared seats will be open to
** These include 15 seats at Chennai centre and 15 seats at Tezpur (ISI North-East
†† Reserved for domiciled candidates of the North-East states of India.
Three percent (3%) of seats will be horizontally reserved (that is, in each category (ST,
SC, OBC-NCL and GEN)) for PwD (Persons with disabilities) candidates.
Junior Research Fellowship Programs
Business Rules for admission to Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) programs and programs other than JRF programs has been uploaded by Indian Statistical Institute (ISI). From these candidates can find the intake capacity for the different JRF programs. The business rules stated by ISI will be followed for allocating seats for all academic programs of the Institute other than the Junior Research Fellowship programs for the academic year 2019-20. Candidates can get more details about the business rules from the following given links.
- Click here to check selection policy in Admission 2019-2020.
Official website: www.isical.ac.in