Indian School of Mines (ISM), Dhanbad offers admission in M.Tech. (2Yr) programme for the academic year 2018-19. Interested candidates may apply by visiting ISM website. All India Entrance Examinations for the above programmes will be held as per the schedule is given here for each programme. Candidate can check the complete information of ISM Dhanbad M.Tech Admission 2018 application process, eligibility criteria and other details on this page below.
Candidates can apply for ISM Dhanbad for admission in the M.Tech course from the official website as per schedule. Those candidates who fill their application on time they will be eligible to download the admit card for the entrance test. Applicant must be filled as per the ISM rules. The result will be published after the examination.
Schedule for the ISM Dhanbad M.Tech Admission 2018 is given below.
|Online application for M.Tech starts from||14 Mar to
|For Sponsored Candidates only||23 to 25 Apr 2018|
|Registration by Candidates at COAP||05 Mar 2018|
|Counselling Round 1||01 May 2018|
|Counselling Round 2||12 May 2018|
|Counselling Round 3||24 May 2018|
|Counselling Round 4||10 Jun 2018|
|Counselling Round 5||25 Jun 2018|
|Reporting in-personal||09 Jul 2018|
|Counselling Final Round (if needed)||13 Jul 2018|
|Commencement of classes||16 Jul 2018|
ISM Dhanbad M.Tech Application 2018
Application Form for M.Tech. has to be submitted online, which is available on the ISM website www.ismdhanbad.ac.in/admissions from or direct link given below.
|2 Year M.Tech. Admissions 2018-19||Click Here|
|2 Year M.Tech. Admissions 2018-19 – Direct Admission of IIT Graduates with Honours with CGPA 8.0 and above (General / OBC) & 7.5 and above (SC / ST)||Click Here|
|2 Year M.Tech. Admissions 2018-19 – Sponsored Candidates||Click Here|
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor degree in Engineering / Technology or equivalent or a Master degree in Science, from the institutes recognized by UGC / AICTE. The qualifying degrees for each of the M. Tech.
- The candidate with equivalent degree and discipline are allowed to apply in different M. Tech programmes. Under such cases, candidates have to mention the name of the equivalent degree and discipline in the application form with the declaration that such program is specialized discipline of the requisite qualification mentioned in the information brochure. The candidate has to produce the “certificate for degree equivalence”, issued by any of the certifying authorities like UGC, AICTE, AIU etc., declaring that his/her degree is approved and equivalent to the requisite qualifying degree.
- Candidates must have GATE score (remains valid at the time of Admission) in the appropriate GATE Paper as per Table 2 or need to qualify the Entrance Examination conducted by IIT(ISM).
- Candidates seeking admission to M. Tech. Programmes of the Institute should have
- Minimum 55% or CGPA/CPI of 5.5 in 10 point scale (without rounding off) in the qualifying degree for UR/OBC candidates
- Minimum 50% or CGPA/CPI of 5.0 in 10 point scale (without rounding off) in the qualifying degree for SC/ST candidates
- It is essential for a candidate to pass higher secondary (10 + 2 level) with Mathematics. This criterion, however, is not applicable for the candidates who have not gone through higher secondary (10 + 2 level) examination before their graduation.
- The Migration Certificate or College Leaving Certificate is to be provided.
- The candidates (other than sponsored candidates) must be below the age of 30 years (35years for women, PwD, SC, ST & OBC (Non-creamy Layer) ) as on 20th April 2018.
- The age for the sponsored candidates must be below 45 years (50-years for women, PwD, SC, ST & OBC-NCL) as on 20th April 2018.
The Admit card for the Entrance Examination to be held for the ISM Dhanbad M.Tech Admission 2018. The candidates who will apply for the same will able to download the ISM Dhanabad M.Tech Admit Card from the official website of ISM Dhanbad. Alternatively, we will also provide the direct link to download the ISM Dhanbad Admit Card 2018 will be provided below.
Instructions to download admit card
- Visit official website of ISM Dhanbad OR click on the direct link given above.
- Selection the M.Tech program for which you have applied.
- Enter the Application No. and password to login.
- Look for the ‘Download Admit card’ link and click it.
- Admit card will be displayed on the screen.
- Verify the details and download the admit card.
- Take a print out of the same to appear in Entrance Exam.
The admission to different M. Tech. Programmes for candidates will be made on the basis of their GATE score / rank in IIT(ISM) Entrance Examination as the case may be.
In case of same score, the older candidate in terms of date of birth will get preference.
The unfilled Sponsored seats will be filled with GATE candidates in the respective categories without the scholarship in the final round of admission at IIT (ISM) Dhanbad.
Program-wise separate online application is required to be submitted through online portal, which will remain available in the IIT(ISM) website www.iitism.ac.in.
Non-refundable application fee for each programme is Rs. 500/- for UR/OBC(NCL) candidates and Rs. 250/- for SC/ST/PwD/Women candidates. The application fee is to be paid by online payment gateway only along with the online application.
It is the responsibility of the candidate, to ensure his/her all eligibility criteria for a particular programme, as mentioned in this information brochure, for applying the M. Tech. Programme(s).
The M. Tech. admission will be through online counselling based on the GATE score / rank in the Entrance Exam conducted by IIT(ISM), as per schedule.
The following documents are to be uploaded during the document uploading for online counselling.
- Secondary/Matriculation/High School (10th level) Certificate (for proof of date of birth).
- Higher Secondary/Intermediate (12th level) Marks-Sheet (for checking the subjects).
- Qualifying Degree Marks-Sheet of final semester / final year (7th semester / pre-final year marks sheet for the ‘appearing candidates’ whose final semester / final year results are pending. Such
the candidate is required to upload a certificate from Principal / Registrar / Head of the Institute indicating that the student has appeared in final semester / final year exam of the qualifying degree and whose result is pending).
- Uploading of “certificate for degree equivalence)” (if applicable)
- Valid GATE score card as indicated on the application form (for GATE-candidates)
- Caste certificate to avail seat reservation under SC/ ST / OBC(NCL) category. (The OBC(NCL) certificate as per Annexure II and issued on or after September 01, 2017)
- Medical fitness certificate as per Annexure II.
- Endorsement certificate from the present employer (for sponsored candidates).
- 2-years’ experience certificate for candidates of M. Tech. in Mining Engineering / Opencast Mining.
ISM Dhanbad M.Tech Seats Distribution
Seat distribution of ISM Dhanbad M.Tech is as follow:
For complete details of ISM Dhanbad M.Tech Admission 2018- Download Information Brochure
Official Website: www.iitism.ac.in