Indian School of Mines (ISM), Dhanbad offers admission in M.Tech. (2Yr & 3Yr) programme for the academic year 2017-18. Interested candidates may apply by visiting ISM website. All India Entrance Examinations for the above programmes will be held as per the schedule is given here for each programme. Candidate can check the complete information of ISM Dhanbad M.Tech Admission 2017 application process, eligibility criteria and other details on this page below.
Suggestion: Check GATE 2017 Result
ISM Dhanbad M.Tech Admission 2017
Candidates can apply for ISM Dhanbad to admission in the M.Tech course from the official website as per schedule. Those candidates who fill their application on time they will be eligible to download the admit card for the entrance test. Applicant must be filled as per the ISM rules. The result will be published after the examination.
Schedule for the ISM Dhanbad M.Tech Admission 2017 is given below.
|Online application for M.Tech starts from||10 Mar 2017|
|Closing date of M.Tech online application for 2 years||20 Apr 2017|
|Closing date of M.Tech online application for 3 years||26 Jun 2017|
|Date of Entrance Examination for 2 years||13 May 2017|
|Date of Entrance Examination for 3 years||02 Jul 2017|
|Declaration of result of IIT(ISM) Entrance Exam for 2 years||10 Jun 2017|
|Declaration of result of IIT(ISM) Entrance Exam for 3 years||06 Jun 2017|
ISM Dhanbad M.Tech Application 2017
Application Form for 2 yr and 3 yr M.Tech. has to be submitted online, which is available on the ISM website www.ismdhanbad.ac.in/admissions from or direct link given below.
For M.Tech (2 years)
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor degree in Engineering / Technology or equivalent or a Master degree in Science, from the institutes recognized by UGC / AICTE. The qualifying degrees for each of the M. Tech.
- The candidate with equivalent degree and discipline are allowed to apply in different M. Tech programmes. Under such cases, candidates have to mention the name of the equivalent degree and discipline in the application form with the declaration that such program is specialized discipline of the requisite qualification mentioned in the information brochure. The candidate has to produce the “certificate for degree equivalence”, issued by any of the certifying authorities like UGC, AICTE, AIU etc., declaring that his/her degree is approved and equivalent to the requisite qualifying degree.
- Candidates must have GATE score (remains valid at the time of Admission) in the appropriate GATE Paper as per Table 2 or need to qualify the Entrance Examination conducted by IIT(ISM).
- Candidates seeking admission to M. Tech. Programmes of the Institute should have
- Minimum 55% or CGPA/CPI of 5.5 in 10 point scale (without rounding off) in the qualifying degree for UR/OBC candidates
- Minimum 50% or CGPA/CPI of 5.0 in 10 point scale (without rounding off) in the qualifying degree for SC/ST candidates
- It is essential for a candidate to pass higher secondary (10 + 2 level) with Mathematics. This criterion, however, is not applicable for the candidates who have not gone through higher secondary (10 + 2 level) examination before their graduation.
- The Migration Certificate or College Leaving Certificate is to be provided.
- The candidates (other than sponsored candidates) must be below the age of 30 years (35 years for women, PwD, SC, ST & OBC(Non-creamy Layer) ) as on 20th April, 2017.
- The age for the sponsored candidates must be below 45 years (50-years for women, PwD, SC, ST & OBC-NCL) as on 20th April, 2017.
For M.Tech (3 years)
- Candidates seeking admission to M.Tech. Programme of the Institute should have Minimum 55% or CGPA/CPI of 5.5 in 10 point scale (without rounding off) in the qualifying degree for UR (Unreserved)/OBC candidates
- Minimum 50% or CGPA/CPI of 5.0 in 10 point scale (without rounding off) in the qualifying degree for SC/ST candidates.
- Executives / Academicians / supervisors with one year post qualification experience from reputed industrial / R&D, Academic Institute, public sector, Government, Semi‐Government and reputed private sector organisations or Entrepreneurs / Self Employed persons are desirable.
ISM Dhanbad M.Tech Admit Card 2017
The Admit card for the Entrance Examination to be held for the ISM Dhanbad M.Tech Admission 2017. The candidates who have applied for the same can now download the ISM Dhanabad M.Tech Admit Card from the official website of ISM Dhanbad. Alternatively, we have also provided the direct link to download the ISM Dhanbad Admit Card 2017 will be provided below.
Instructions to download admit card
- Visit official website of ISM Dhanbad OR click on the direct link given above.
- Selection the M.Tech program for which you have applied.
- Enter the Application No. and password to login.
- Look for the ‘Download Admit card’ link and click it.
- Admit card will be displayed on the screen.
- Verify the details and download the admit card.
- Take a print out of the same to appear in Entrance Exam.
For M.Tech (2 years)
The admission to different M. Tech. Programmes for candidates will be made on the basis of their GATE score / rank in IIT(ISM) Entrance Examination as the case may be.
In case of same score, the older candidate in terms of date of birth will get preference.
The unfilled EntExam seats will be filled with GATE candidates in the Final Round of Admission. But, in such case NO Scholarship will be offered to the candidate, even if he/she has a valid GATE score. In this case, the candidate is required to submit an undertaking at the time of admission for not claiming the scholarship.
The unfilled GATE seats will be filled with EntExam candidates in the Final Round of Admission. But, in that case NO Scholarship will be offered to the candidate, even if he/she has a valid GATE score. In this case, the candidate who has a valid GATE score is required to submit an undertaking at the time of admission for not claiming the scholarship.
The unfilled Sponsored seats will be filled with GATE candidates and if, still there is any vacancy, then, these seats will be filled with EntExam candidates in the Final Round of Admission. In such case NO Scholarship will be offered to the candidate, even if he/she has a valid GATE score. In this case, the candidate who has a valid GATE score is required to submit an undertaking at the time of admission for not claiming the scholarship.
For M.Tech (3 years)
Applicant shall have to appear for written test and /or interview to be conducted by IIT (ISM) at Dhanbad / Kolkata. The syllabus for the written test and /or interview is as per GATE Examination. Final selection shall be based on aggregate scores of written test, Interview and Experience. The sanctioned strength for the program is mentioned below for each department with specializations and the reservation policy of Government of India meant for higher educational institutions is strictly adhered to.
For 2 years M.Tech
Program-wise separate online application is required to be submitted through online portal, which will remain available in the IIT(ISM) website www.iitism.ac.in from March 10, 2017 to April 20, 2017.
Non-refundable application fee for each programme is Rs. 500/- for UR/OBC(NCL) candidates and Rs. 250/- for SC/ST/PwD/Women candidates. The application fee is to be paid by online payment gateway only along with the online application.
It is the responsibility of the candidate, to ensure his/her all eligibility criteria for a particular programme, as mentioned in this information brochure, for applying the M. Tech. Programme(s).
The M. Tech. admission will be through online counselling based on the GATE score / rank in the Entrance Exam conducted by IIT(ISM), as per schedule.
The following documents are to be uploaded during the document uploading for online counselling.
- Secondary/Matriculation/High School (10th level) Certificate (for proof of date of birth).
- Higher Secondary/Intermediate (12th level) Marks-Sheet (for checking the subjects).
- Qualifying Degree Marks-Sheet of final semester / final year (7 th semester / pre-final year markssheet for the ‘appearing candidates’ whose final semester / final year results are pending. Such
candidate is required to upload a certificate from Principal / Registrar / Head of the Institute indicating that the student has appeared in final semester / final year exam of the qualifying degree and whose result is pending).
- Uploading of “certificate for degree equivalence)” (if applicable)
- Valid GATE score card as indicated in the application form (for GATE-candidates)
- Caste certificate to avail seat reservation under SC/ ST / OBC(NCL) category. (The OBC(NCL) certificate as per Annexure II and issued on or after September 01, 2016)
- Relevant certificate by the candidates who seek reservation in any sub-category (PwD / DP / JK / PS)
- Medical fitness certificate as per Annexure III.
- Endorsement certificate from the present employer (for sponsored candidates).
- 3-years’ experience certificate for candidates of M. Tech. in Mining Engineering / Opencast Mining.
ISM Dhanbad M.Tech Seats Distribution
ISM Dhanbad M.Tech Information Brochure 2017
For complete details of ISM Dhanbad M.Tech Admission 2017 candidates can check / download the Information Bulletin provided below.