IIT (ISM) Dhanbad M.Tech Admission 2020: IIT (ISM) Dhanbad M.Tech 2021 Application Form has released on March 15, 2021. Interested candidates can apply by visiting the IIT(ISM) Dhanbad’s website, iitism.ac.in. Indian Institute of Technology (Indian School of Mines) Dhanbad has released the cut off for Round B and C for admission to its 2-year M.Tech programmes. The institute offers admission to M.Tech in three different modes, first candidates with GATE score, secondly for IIT Graduates with B. Tech degree and thirdly for candidates sponsored by government organizations/reputed Industrial Organization/ Academic Institutions. Candidate can check the complete information of IIT(ISM) Dhanbad M.Tech Admission 2020, the application process, eligibility criteria and other details on this page.
Latest: The application form for IIT (ISM) Dhanbad M.Tech Admission 2021 has released. Scroll down to fill it.
IIT (ISM) Dhanbad M.Tech Admission 2021
Financial Assistance is provided to the selected students (admitted through GATE and IIT Graduate mode). Sponsored Candidates are not eligible for financial assistance. Candidate can check the important schedule for IIT (ISM) Dhanbad M.Tech Admission 2021, below table.
Schedule for the ISM Dhanbad M.Tech Admission 2021 is given below
|Online Application Form available for|
registration and submission in IIT(ISM)
|15 Mar to 26 Apr 2021|
|Opening of COAP portal for registration||16 Mar 2021|
|For Sponsored Candidates only: Date of Written Test/Interview||23 Jun 2021|
|COAP Counselling schedule||12 May to 20 Jul 2021|
|Reporting||14 Aug 2021|
|Commencement of Semester||16 Aug 2021|
IIT (ISM) Dhanbad M.Tech Admission 2021 Application Form
All the willing candidates have to submit an online application form through the official website of the institute, iitism.ac.in. The link to apply for admission is provided below. GATE candidates also need to register on the COAP portal.
Apply Online: Click here to apply online for IIT (ISM) Dhanbad M.Tech Admission 2021.
Application Fee: The application fee is non-refundable and has to be paid through online payment gateway.
- For IIT graduates/ GATE candidates
|Category||Fee per programme|
- For Sponsored candidates: Rs 2000 has to be paid for each programme.
Note: A candidate can apply for more than one programme and has the provision to select up to 10 preferences.
Documents to be uploadedn
- Recent passport size photograph
- Valid GATE Scorecard (for GATE candidates)
- Final year/semester mark sheets of qualifying degree
- Caste Certificate / EWS certificate
- 2-yrs Experience Certificate, for M.Tech in Mining Engineering / Opencast Mining.
- PwD Certificate
- Endorsement Certificate from current employer, for Sponsored candidates
- Salary Bank Account Statement / EPF statement, for Sponsored candidates in private firms
IIT (ISM) Dhanbad M.Tech Admission 2021 Eligibility Criteria
It is must to make sure of the eligibility criteria before applying for admission. Candidates can check the same for all the modes of admission.
For GATE Candidates
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor degree in Engineering /Technology or equivalent or a Master degree in Science, from the institutes recognized by UGC/AICTE/Government.
- Candidates must have a valid GATE score in the appropriate GATE Paper
- Minimum 60% or CGPA/CPI of 6.0 in the qualifying degree is required for UR/OBC/EWS candidates. However, for SC/ST/PwD candidates, 55% or CGPA/CPI of 5.5 is sufficient.
- The candidate with equivalent degree and discipline recognized by professional bodies (like Institution of Engineers (India), Institute of Chemical Engineers, Aeronautical Society of India, Institute of Electronics & Telecommunication Engineers, Indian Institute of Metals, etc.) cannot apply for admission.
For IIT Graduates
Candidates graduating/graduated from IITs with a B.Tech. Degree and CGPA of 8.00 or above can apply without GATE Score.
For Sponsored Candidates
- A candidate working in an academic institution/PSU/Govt. R&D organizations/Govt. recognized private R&D organizations/industry is considered as a sponsored candidate. Such a candidate must be sponsored by his/her employer and must have been in employment with the sponsoring organization for at least 2 years at the time of admission.
- The candidates sponsored by the organizations under an MoU between Institute or under QIP programme are eligible for admission.
- For Bachelors degree holders from Centrally Funded Technical Institutes (CFTIs) having a CGPA of 8.0 or above, the requirement of GATE/NET is waived off.
IIT (ISM) Dhanbad M.Tech Admission 2020 Selection Procedure
There are different selection criteria for different modes of admission. Candidates can check all of them below.
For GATE Candidates
- The admission to different M. Tech. Programmes are made on the basis of their GATE scores.
- In case of equal GATE score, the older candidate in terms of date of birth gets preference.
For IIT Graduates: Selection is made based on CGPA secured and Departmental Review.
For Sponsored Candidates: The admissions are granted on the basis of performance in a written test and/or interview.
For admission to M.Tech in Mineral Engineering, non-GATE candidates with B.Tech/BE in Mineral Engineering have to appear for an entrance test. This test is conducted by the Department of Fuel, Minerals and Metallurgical Engineering. Also, such candidates are not eligible for scholarship.
IIT (ISM) Dhanbad M.Tech 2021 Admission Procedure
Firstly all the candidates seeking admission in the institute have to submit the online application form before the deadline. Only those candidates are considered for admission whose applications are received in time. Check the admission procedure for various modes below.
For GATE candidates
GATE candidates also need to register themselves on the Common Offer Acceptance Portal (COAP). The admission process of such candidates is carried out on the basis of GATE scores on the COAP portal.
For IIT Graduates and Sponsored Candidates
The admission procedure is carried out through online portal of the institute.
After getting a seat through online counselling, candidates have to pay the admission fee to get provisionally admitted to the M.Tech program. Thereafter, he/she is required to report in the institute as per notified date and time along with original documents for verification. Only those candidates who pass document verification get confirmed seats.
Documents Required at the time of Reporting: The candidates have to carry all the documents uploaded in the application form in original while reporting. Along with those, following are also needed to be brought:
- Copy of online application form
- Copy of seat allotment letter
- A copy of admission fee payment receipt
- Medical fitness certificate
- Migration Certificate / College Leaving Certificate
- 4 passport size and 10 stamp size photos (coloured)
- Undertaking regarding not claiming scholarship, in case of sponsored candidates.
- 2-year experience certificate, for M.Tech in Mining Engineering Opencast Mining
IIT (ISM) Dhanbad M.Tech 2021 Withdrawal of Admission
Candidates can apply for admission withdrawal, after getting admitted/ provisionally admitted. Such requests can be made through online portal only.
- If the request for withdrawal is received by the Office of Assistant Registrar (Exam and Academic) before final main round of COAP, the students are refunded the entire fee after a deduction of Rs 1000.
- However, if request is received after final main round of COAP, only the caution money is refunded.
IIT (ISM) Dhanbad M.Tech Admission 2021 Seats Distribution
Seat distribution of ISM Dhanbad M.Tech is as follow:
IIT (ISM) Dhanbad M.Tech Admission 2021 Fee Structure
The fee structure for all 4 semesters for the M.Tech programme is mentioned below. The selected candidates have to pay the 1st-semester fee, including the admission fee, through an online portal after accepting the admission offer.
|I||Rs. 56,470/-||Rs. 41,470/-|
|II||Rs. 37,100/-||Rs. 22,100/-|
|III||Rs. 46,770/-||Rs. 31,770/-|
|IV||Rs. 37,100/-||Rs. 22,100/-|
Official Website: iitism.ac.in
For complete details of IIT (ISM Dhanbad) M.Tech Admission 2021 – Download Information Brochure
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.