Indian Institute of Technology (Indian School of Mines) Dhanbad – ISM Dhanbad offers admission in M.Tech. (2Yr) programme for the academic year 2019-20. Interested candidates are now able to apply by visiting the IIT(ISM Dhanbad) website. IIT(ISM Dhanbad) is going to offer admission in M.Tech in three different modes, first candidates with GATE score, Secondly for IIT Graduates with B. Tech degree and thirdly Candidates sponsored by government organizations/reputed Industrial Organization/ Academic Institutions. Candidate can check the complete information of IIT(ISM Dhanbad) M.Tech Admission 2019 application process, eligibility criteria and other details on this page below.
ISM Dhanbad M.Tech Admission 2019
Candidates are now able to apply for IIT Graduates and Sponsored candidates for M.Tech course from the official website as per schedule. Those candidates who will fill the application on time they will be eligible to download the admit card for the entrance test. The application was to be filled as per the IIT(ISM Dhanbad) rules. The result has been published after the examination.
Schedule for the ISM Dhanbad M.Tech Admission 2019 is given below
|Online application for M.Tech starts from||15 Mar 2019|
|Last date of submission of online application form||20 Apr 2019|
|For Sponsored Candidates only: Date of Written Test/Interview||24 Jun 2019|
|Availability of online portal||10 Mar to 25 Jul 2019|
|COAP Counselling schedule||11 May to 26 Jun 2019|
|Reporting at IIT(ISM) Dhanbad||25 July 2019 (Tentative)|
|Commencement of Semester for all M.Tech. courses for the Session 2019–20||29 Jul 2019|
IIT(ISM Dhanbad) M.Tech Application 2019
Application Form for IIT Graduates and Sponsored candidates for M.Tech. has to be submitted online portal, which is available on the IIT(ISM Dhanbad) website www.iitism.ac.in from March 15 to April 20, 2019. GATE candidates will be able to register themselves on GATE COAP 2019 when the website becomes active. Direct link to fill Application Form for IIT(ISM Dhanbad) 2019 is provided below.
|2 Year M.Tech. Admissions 2019 for GATE Candidates||Will be available here|
|2 Year M.Tech. Admissions 2019 for admission of IIT Graduates and Sponsored candidates|
For GATE Candidates
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor degree in Engineering /Technology or equivalent or a Master degree in Science, from the institutes recognized by UGC/AICTE/Government.
- The candidate with equivalent degree and discipline recognized by professional bodies (like Institution of Engineers (India), Institute of Chemical Engineers, Aeronautical Society of India, Institute of Electronics & Telecommunication Engineers, Indian Institute of Metals, etc.) are allowed to apply in different M. Tech programmes. Under such cases, candidates have to mention the name of the equivalent degree and discipline in the application form with the declaration that such program is the specialized discipline of the requisite qualification mentioned in the information brochure. The candidate has to produce the “certificate for degree equivalence” declaring that his/her degree is approved and equivalent to the requisite qualifying degree.
- Candidates must have valid GATE score (remains valid at the time of Admission) in the appropriate GATE Paper
- Candidates seeking admission to M. Tech. Programmes of the Institute should have
- Minimum 60% or CGPA/CPI of 6.0 in 10 point scale (without rounding off) in the qualifying degree for UR/OBC candidates.
- Minimum 55% or CGPA/CPI of 5.5 in 10 point scale (without rounding off) in the qualifying degree for SC/ST candidates.
For IIT Graduates
Candidates graduating/ graduated from IITs with B.Tech. Degree having CGPA 8.00 and above (on a scale of 10) can apply without GATE Score. The respective department as per allocated seats will review such applications.
For Sponsored Candidates
- A candidate working in an academic institution/PSU/Govt. R&D orginizations/Govt. recognized private R&D orginizations/industry is considered as a sponsored candidate. Such a candidate must be sponsored by his/her employer and must have been in employment with the sponsoring organization for at least 2 years at the time of admission.
- The applications of the candidate sponsored by the organizations under a MoU between Institute and under QIP programme shall be eligible for admisison.
- The employer must undertake to relieve the candidate to stay in the campus for the specified period to enable the candidate to complete the programme.
- The admission procedure consists of (i) shortlisting through GATE/NET/Appropriate National Level Examination and/or written examination conducted by the department, and/or (ii) interview.
- For Bachelors degree holders from Centrally Funded Technical Institutes (CFTIs) having a CGPA of 8.0 or above, the requirement of GATE/NET is waived off.
The Admit card for the Entrance Examination will be available for IIT(ISM Dhanbad) M.Tech Admission 2019. The candidates who want to apply for the same will be able to download the ISM Dhanabad M.Tech Admit Card from the official website of IIT(ISM Dhanbad). Alternatively, we will also provide the direct link to download the ISM Dhanbad Admit Card 2019 will be provided below.
Instructions to download admit card
- Visit the official website of IIT(ISM Dhanbad) OR click on the direct link given above.
- Selection the M.Tech program for which you have applied.
- Enter the Application No. and password to login.
- Look for the ‘Download Admit card’ link and click it.
- Admit card will be displayed on the screen.
- Verify the details and download the admit card.
- Take a print out of the same to appear in Entrance Exam.
The list of selected candidates for M.Tech is the declaration list of admission for the candidates who appeared for all the pre-admission procedure. The candidates who are selected and have their names on this selected candidates list are requested to submit the admission fee and report in person with all the required documents in original at New Lecture Hall Complex (NLHC), IIT(ISM) Dhanbad.
For GATE Candidates and IIT Graduates
- The admission to different M. Tech. Programmes will be made on the basis of their GATE score for GATE candidates and CGPA & Department Review for IIT Graduates.
- In case of equal GATE score, the older candidate in terms of date of birth will get preference.
For Sponsored Candidates
- The admission to different M. Tech. Programmes for Sponsored candidates will be made on the basis of performance in Written Test/Interview.
Program-wise separate online application is required to be submitted through online portal, which will remain available in the IIT(ISM) website www.iitism.ac.in. The GATE candidates will also have to register themselves at GATE COAP 2019. The admission of IIT Graduates and Sponsored candidates will be done through online portal of IIT (ISM) Dhanbad.
Candidates can apply for more than one programme and can select up to 10 preferences.
Non-refundable application fee for each programme for GATE candidates/IIT Graduates is Rs. 500/- for UR/OBC candidates and Rs. 250/- for SC/ST/Women candidates. The application fee is to be paid by online payment gateway only along with the online application.
It is the responsibility of the candidate, to ensure his/her all eligibility criteria for a particular programme, as mentioned in this information brochure, for applying the M. Tech. Programme(s).
The M. Tech. admission will be through online counselling based on the GATE score / rank in the Entrance Exam conducted by IIT(ISM), as per schedule.
Withdrawal of Admission
After admission/provisional admission, a candidate may withdraw his/her admission. Withdrawal may be requested through the email to: Deputy Registrar (Exam &Academic), Indian Institute of Technology (Indian School of Mines) Dhanbad 826004 followed through email at: [email protected] with subject heading “Withdrawal from M.Tech 2019: ” and full identity including registered mobile and M. Tech. Registration No.
If the withdrawal request reaches the office of Deputy Registrar (Exam & Academic), IIT (ISM) Dhanbad before the final round, the entire fee collected from the student will be refunded after a deduction of processing fee of Rs.1000/-.
If a student withdraws his/her offer of admission after the final round, he/she will be refunded only the caution money
IIT(ISM Dhanbad) M.Tech 2019 Seats Distribution
Seat distribution of ISM Dhanbad M.Tech is as follow:
Official Website: www.iitism.ac.in
For complete details of IIT (ISM Dhanbad) M.Tech Admission 2019 – Download Information Brochure