JEECUP 2019 – Joint Entrance Examination Council, Uttar Pradesh, will hold UP Polytechnic 2019 exam on May 28, 2019. The state level exam will be held in pen and paper mode, in 2 shifts. The morning shift of the exam will be from 09:00 AM to 12:00 PM for Group A and the UP Polytechnic Joint Entrance Exam 2019 evening shift for Group B to K will be held from 02:30 PM to 05:30 PM. Candidates planning to pursue Diploma/ Post Diploma/ Post Graduate Diploma in Engineering, Technology and Management Programs from the colleges in U.P will have to apply for UP Polytechnic. The registration for the exam started on December 20, 2018, and the last date to apply for the exam in February 28, 2019. Candidates can check JEECUP 2019 / UP Polytechnic 2019 exam date, syllabus, exam pattern, application process and more details here.
Around 4 lakh candidates appear for UP Polytechnic exam. Last year, a total of 3,98,673 candidates appeared for the exam and of these, around 3,79,567 qualified. The official website for JEECUP 2019 is jeecup.nic.in and we are updating all the information related to exam on this page. All the details regarding the exam are available and UP Polytechnic Exam Dates 2019 are as follows:
|JEECUP 2019||Exam Date|
|UP Polytechnic Form date 2019||20 Dec 2018|
|Last date to submit the application form||28 Feb 2019|
|Issuance of admit card begins from||02nd week of Apr 2019|
|JEECUP 2019 Exam Date||28 Apr 2019|
|Declaration of JEECUP 2019 Result||03rd week of May 2019|
UP Polytechnic 2019 Application Form
The application form for JEECUP 2019 has been released online. The application process for JEECUP 2019 is a 5-step process which includes Registering for the exam, Filling in details in the JEECUP 2019 application form, Uploading images in the JEECUP Form, Payment of Application fee and taking a print out of the Confirmation page. No offline application form for JEECUP 2019 is available. At the time of registering for JEECUP 2019, the aspirants need to choose an ID proof and provide its relevant details. It is also advised to the candidates to keep at least 10 copies of the photograph which you will upload in the JEECUP 2019 Application Form.
JEECUP 2019 Application Fee
The last and final step of the Application process is to pay the requisite amount of the Application fee. The candidates need to pay the application fee as per their category. Check it from the table below.
- Rs. 300 for General and OBC Candidates.
- Rs. 200 for SC and ST Candidates.
Mode of Payment: The students can pay the following amount of the JEECUP 2019 Application Fee by either Online mode using Net banking/ Credit card/ Debit card or through e-challan generated during the online filling of the application form.
UP Polytechnic 2019 Test Centers
At the time of filling in details in the JEECUP 2019 Application Form, the aspirants will have to select a test center as per their choice. The Examination will be conducted in all districts of Uttar Pradesh. The exam center once chosen and submitted by the candidates is final and cannot be changed later. In the JEECUP 2019 Application Form, the candidates need to choose a test city as below:
|Bhadohi (Sant Ravidas Nagar)||Bijnore||Budaun||Bulandshahar|
|Gautam Buddh Nagar||Ghaziabad||Ghazipur||Gonda|
|Saharanpur||Sambhal||Sant Kabir Nagar||Shahjahanpur|
UP Polytechnic 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates who wish to appear for the entrance examination must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria. Though the eligibility condition is not verified at the time of registration or at the time candidate appear for the test, however, if a candidate qualifies the UP Polytechnic 2019, the eligibility criteria is then verified. Check the complete eligibility criteria for JEECUP 2019 from below.
- There is no age limit for the candidates to appear for JEECUP 2019, however, the candidates must be minimum 14 years old as on July 01, 2019.
Education Qualification: The candidates can check the minimum education qualification, for all the Groups of JEECUP from below.
Group A (Engineering & Technology Diploma)
- Should have passed Class 10th in any stream with minimum 35% marks
- Those who will be appearing for the qualifying examination in the year 2019 are also eligible to apply.
Group B (Agriculture Engineering)
- The aspirant should have passed Class 10th with Agriculture
- Furthermore, the candidate should have obtained 35% marks or Agriculture Subject in 12th
- Those appearing in the qualifying examination in the year 2019 can also apply for UP Polytechnic
Group C (Fashion Design, Home science, and Textile Design and Engineering)
- Should have passed class 10th in any stream
- Must have passed with minimum 35 % marks
- Students who are appearing in the qualifying examintion in the year 2019 can also fill the UP Polytechnic 2019 Form.
Group D (Modern Office Management & Secretarial Practice)
- Should have passed 10+2 examination
- Furthermore, the candidates should have studied Hindi and English subjects in 10th or 12th
- Students appearing in the Qualifying examination in the year 2019 can apply for UP Polytechnic.
Group D (Library & Information Science)
- Should have passed 10+2 examination in any stream
Group E1 and E2 (Diploma in Pharmacy)
- The students must have passed class 12th examination with Physics, Chemistry as compulsory subject with Math/ Biology (Zoology and Botany).
Group F (Post Graduate Diploma in Biotechnology (Tissue Culture)
- The aspirants must possess a B.Sc. degree with Biology, Chemistry/Biochemistry
Group G (Post Graduate Diploma Course)
- Should possess a Graduation degree in any discipline
Group H (Diploma in Hotel Management and Catering Technology)
- Should have passed 12th in any stream from a recognized board
- The aspirant should have obtained a minimum of 35% marks in any stream
Group I (Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering)
- The candidates must have passed class 12th
- Should have obtained 50% marks in PCM
Group K1 (Civil Engineering, and Civil Engineering (Environment & Pollution Control))
The candidate must have completed Intermediate Science OR ITI Trade (Minimum 2 years duration) in:
- Painter(General – Only class 10th passed candidate is eligible
- COE (Construction and Wood Working)
- COE (Draftsman Civil)
Group K2 (Electrical Engineering, and Electrical Engineering (Industrial Control) 1.Electrical & Electronics Engineering)
Intermediate Science OR ITI Trade (Minimum 2 years duration) in:
- Electrician(Power Distribution)
- WireMan – Only class 10th passed candidate is eligible)
- COE(Electric Sector)
Group K3 (Electronics Engineering, Electronics Engg. in Modern Consumer Electronics Appliances; Micro Electronics; Advance Microprocessor & Interface)
Intermediate Science OR ITI Trade (Minimum 2 years duration) in:
- Mechanic Medical Electronics
- Radiology Technician
- Electronic Mechanic
- Mechanic Cum Operator Electronics Communication Systems
- Technician Power Electronics System
- Mechanic Consumer Electronics Appliances OR Mechanic Consumer Electronics
- COE(Electronics Sector)
- Instrument Mechanic
- Radio/ TV Mechanic
Group K4 (Mechanical Engineering in Automobile; Production; Maintenance; Refrigeration & Airconditioning; Computer Aided Design)
Intermediate Science OR ITI Trade (Minimum 2 years duration) in:
- Mechanic(Motor Vehicle)
- Mechanic(Agriculture Machinery)
- Mechanic(Refrigeration and Air Conditioning)
- Lift & Escalator Mechanic
- COE(Production and Manufacturing Sector)
- COE(Automobile Sector)
- COE(Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Sector)
- COE(Fabrication-Fitting and Welding Sector)
- Tool and Die Maker(Die and Moulds)
- Mechanic(Machine Tool Maintenance)
- Tool and Die Maker(Press Tools, Zigs and Fixtures)
Group K5 (Information technology, and Computer Science and Engineering)
- Information Technology
- Information Communication Technology and Electronics System Maintenance OR InformationTechnology and Electronics System Maintenance
- COE (IT Sector)
Group K6 (Printing Technology) and Group K7 (Fashion Design & Garment Technology)
There are no minimum eligibility criteria for Group K6 and K7.
Group K8 (Textile Technology)
- Weaving Technician
- Textile Wet Processing Technician
Note: Those candidates who will be appearing in the final qualifying examination in the yeat 2019 or final year examination of degree programme are also eligible to apply for JEECUP 2019.
First Year Subjects Criteria – Apart from the criteria above, the candidates appearing for K1 to K8 Group must have also passed following first-year subjects within scheduled period.
|Name of Course||Subject to be Passed in 1st-year subject|
|Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Textile Technology||
|Information Technology, Computer Science and Engineering||
|Fashion Designing & Garment Technology||
- Click here to check the group-wise eligibility criteria.
UP Polytechnic 2019 Application Status
The Council will provide an opportunity for the candidates to check the status of acceptance of their JEECUP 2019 Application Form. The candidates shall be able to do so through the Candidate Login by entering the details provided at the time of Registration. It is important that the candidates should check that whether their application form has been accepted or not, to avoid any blunders. If the status is showing a message “Not Accepted”, the candidates must review their complete application form and edit the details, wherever necessary. The opportunity for checking the JEECUP Application Form Status will be available for a limited time only.
UP Polytechnic 2019 Application Form Correction
The exam conducting body is going to provide the edit/ modify the details in the UP Polytechnic 2019 Form. The window for JEECUP 2019 Application Form Correction will be open for a limited time period only. The aspirants will be able to edit their details through their Candidate Login. The JEECUP 2019 Form Correction is a one-time opportunity which will be open for the candidates. The aspirants shall not be able to edit some detail(s) in the UP Polytechnic Form 2019. The aspirants have to make corrections in the UP Polytechnic 2019 Form by online mode. Request to edit details submitted by email/ fax/ or any other mode is not accepted.
In addition, the aspirants shall have to pay an additional amount for JEECUP 2019 Application Form Correction. The applicants shall have to pay the fee for editing details in the Application Form by Online mode.
Details which you can Edit in UP Polytechnic 2019 Form
The exam conducting body has not yet specified as to which details can be edited in the JEECUP 2019 Application Form. However, as per last year’s information, the aspirants were allowed to edit the details as mentioned below:
- Your Name
- Date of Birth
- Qualifying Examination Details
UP Polytechnic Exam Pattern 2019
For preparing for the UP Polytechnic Entrance Exam, you must be familiarised with its exam pattern. Check it below.
- Mode of Examination: The exam will only be held in offline mode.
- Language of the Question Paper: The question paper will be presented in Hindi, as well as, English Language.
- Number of Questions: There will be 100 questions in the exam.
- Types of Questions: All the questions in the examination will be of Objective Type.
The subjects and questions distribution for the paper of each Group is as given below.
|Group||Subject from Which Questions will be Asked||Number of Question from Each Subject|
|Physics and Chemistry||50|
|Chemistry and Agriculture||50|
|C||English and Hindi Comprehension||20|
|D||English and Hindi Comprehension||30|
|Reasoning and Intelligence||35|
|E 1 (Bio) / E 2 (Maths)||Physics and Chemistry||50|
|Biology and Maths||50|
|H||Reasoning and Logical Discussion||25|
|Numerical Ability & Scientific attitude||25|
|I||Physics and Chemistry||50|
|K1||Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics||40|
|K2||Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics||40|
|K3||Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics||40|
|K4||Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics||40|
|K5||Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics||40|
|K6||Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics||40|
|K7||Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics||40|
|Fashion Design & Garment Technology||60|
|K8||Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics||40|
UP Polytechnic 2019 Syllabus
The syllabus for JEECUP 2019 is as per the Class 10th, 11th, and 12th. The syllabus per which the candidates can prepare for the entrance exam is as follows:
- Group A, B and C Syllabus – The questions for Group A will be on the basis of UP board Class 10th syllabus of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects. Refer to your textbooks for studying.
- Group D and E, G, H, I, J and K Syllabus – Other than class 10th, include Class 12th syllabus as well.
- Group F Syllabus – The questions shall be as per the standard of B.Sc academics.
How To Prepare for UP Polytechnic 2019?
Here are some preparation tips which can help you out in your exam:
- Before preparing for any entrance exam it is important that you must know the exam pattern and its syllabus.
- Try not to leave any topic or subject just because it is a bit tougher or it is your weak area.
- Work Harder on the subjects or topics which are hard for you. Since strong subject areas easy to work on, it is important that you should focus on all the subjects.
- Divide your time, so that it is easy for you to concentrate. Pick up a topic from one subject, give that topic maximum 4 hours, then start another topic from another subject. Give 2-3 hours for revision.
- Take Online Test series, you can check how well your preparation is going on. However, before taking the online test series, you first must finish the syllabus.
- Do not study from too many resources. First, clear your concepts from the textbook and study from only 1-2 guidebooks. This much outside resources will be enough.
- Try different test series, then stick to the one which is more easily accessible to you.
- Make separate notes of the formulas or important points, so you can revise them in the last few days of the exam.
Books Recommended for UP Polytechnic 2019
Here we have given a list of books which can help you in preparing for JEECUP 2019/ UP Polytechnic Entrance Exam 2019.
|Subject||Name of the Book||Buy Now|
|Mathematics||Uttar Pradesh Polytechnic Joint Entrance Exam by Lal, Jain||Click Here|
|Physics||UP Polytechnic Solved Papers & Practice Sets (Hindi) by Vidya Editorial Board||Click Here|
|Complete Package||Uttar Pradesh Polytechnic JEEC 2019 by Arihant Express||Click Here|
|Chemistry||Uttar Pradesh Polytechnic Joint Entrance Exam Jeec 2015 Physics|Chemistry Mathematics with Previous Years’ Solved Papers (Old Edition) by Arihant Express||Click Here|
|Previous Year Question Papers||UP Polytechnic Solved Papers & Practice Sets (Hindi) by Vidya Editorial Board||Click Here|
UP Polytechnic 2019 Admit Card
The applicants who successfully register for the entrance examination will be issued the UP Polytechnic 2019 Admit Card. The registered candidates will be able to download their admit card through online mode from the official website of JEECUP. The aspirants can also obtain their JEECUP 2019 Admit Card from the Digilocker. Those candidates who do not have an account of Digilocker can easily create one by entering their Mobile Number, verifying it and then just simply set your Username and Password. ]
The UP Polytechnic Admit Card consists of details of the exam such as date, timings, the address of the test center, etc. It is mandatory for the candidates to carry the print out of the JEECUP 2019 Admit Card on the day of the entrance examination. Along with the JEECUP Admit Card, the aspirants need to bring along other necessary documents like a valid id proof, photograph, etc.
UP Polytechnic 2019 Answer Key
The answer key for JEECUP 2019 is going to be released by the exam conducting body on the day of the declaration of the Result. However, before the aspirant gets a hold on the Official Answer Key, some coaching institutes shall also publish the JEECUP 2019 Answer Key and Question paper. The Unofficial answer key which is published by the Coaching Institute like Shakti Coaching, etc. The official answer key for JEECUP 2019 shall be accessible through the Candidate Login. The official answer key will be released for each group separately.
With the release of JEECUP 2019 Official Answer Key, the candidates will also get an opportunity to submit an objection in it. The candidates can raise an objection in the UP Polytechnic Answer Key 2018 as per the schedule. Along with the objection, the candidates also have to submit the required fee and relevant proof in response to the challenge submitted by them.
Objection Fee for JEECUP 2019 Answer Key
Last year, the aspirants had to submit an amount of Rs, 100 per objection raised by them. It is expected that the candidates shall have to pay the same amount as last year. The applicants shall be able to pay the amount for submitting the Objection by Challan.
UP Polytechnic 2019 Result
The Council will announce the result for JEECUP 2019 online at its official website. To check the result, the aspirants need to log in by entering details such as their Roll Number and Date of Birth. The result will consist of the actual score obtained by the Candidate and the status of those who qualify for appearing in the counseling. Other details which shall be given in the JEECUP 2019 Result shall be roll number, the name of the candidate, parent’s name, category, gender, state, date of birth, etc.
Previous Year Top 3 Rank Holders in UP Polytechnic Exam
- Rank 1 Holder – Suraj Kumar
- Rank 2 Holder – Rudra Parakah Tiwari
- Rank 3 Holde – Priya Chourasiya
UP Polytechnic 2019 Counselling
The exam conducting body will publish a details notification regarding the counseling process for JEECUP 2019. Only those who qualify the entrance examination are eligible to appear for the JEECUP 2019 Counselling. The shortlisted candidates will have to submit the choice of the course/ college as per their rank. The candidates are offered a seat based on their choices, reservation and State Open Rank of UPJEE (P) 2019. At the time of Seat Allocation Process, the candidates shall also have to carry the relevant documents in proof of Date of Birth, Academic background, Category, etc.
As per the information provided on the website, the exam conducting body will reserve the following number of seats for the reserved category candidates:
|Category||Reservation of Seats|
|Ward of Military personnel||05%|
|Girl Candidate of All Categories||20%|
UP Polytechnic 2019 Participating Institutes and Fee
Last year, over 500 colleges participated for UP JEE Polytechnic. The list of participating colleges for UPJEE 2019 is over 599. Some of the Participating Institutes for JEECUP 2019 are as follows:
- D N Polytechnic, MEERUT
- D J Polytechnic, Baraut, Baghpat
- Gandhi Polytechnic, Muzaffar Nagar
- DR Ambedkar Institute of Technology for Handicapped, Kanpur
- M G Polytechnic, Hathras
- B R Engg Institute, Bichpuri, Agra (Raja Balwant SinghPolytechnic, Bichpuri, Agra)
- P M V Polytechnic, Mathura
- Maharana Pratap Polytechnic Gorakhpur
- Handia Polytechnic Handia, Allahabad
- Govt Polytechnic, Lucknow
The candidates can check the rest of the list of the Participating Institutes for JEECUP 2019 from below.
Admission Fee in Participating Institutes:
|Institute Type||Course Type||Fee Amount|
|Private||Diploma in Pharmacy||Rs. 45000|
|1 or 2 year duration courses||Rs. 22500|
|Courses of 3 year duration (except point c and d )||Rs. 30150|
|Diploma in Architecture Assistantship||Rs. 30250|
|Diploma in Hotel Management and Catering Technology||Rs. 31300|
The seat matrix for the academic session 2019 will be available after the declaration of the result. Till then the candidates can check the seat matrix of the previous year from below.
JEECUP 2019 Information Brochure – Click Here to download it.
Official website: jeecup.nic.in
If you have any question about JEECUP 2019, then let us know in the comment section below.