JEXPO and VOCLET 2019 is conducted by West Bengal State Council of Technical Education (WBSCTE). It is due to be held on April 28, 2019. The registration for the exam has ended and now the candidates will be issued admit card. JEXPO and VOCLET is a state level exam which enables interested applicants to seek admissions in diploma courses in polytechnic, electronics and technology. WBSCTE holds the exam in pen and paper based mode. Candidates willing to join as freshers in first year or second year can check details about JEXPO and VOCLET 2019 from this page.
JEXPO and VOCLET 2019
All the Government, Government Sponsored and Self-Financed Polytechnics colleges and universities affiliated to WBSCTE and VE and SD in West Bengal consider the score of JEXPO and VOCLET for admissions. The dates for the exam has been announced and are as follows:
|JEXPO VOCLET 2019||Dates|
|Release of JEXPO VOCLET 2019 application form||29 Jan 2019|
|Last date for JEXPO VOCLET 2019 application form||06 Mar 2019|
|Availability of JEXPO VOCLET 2019 Admit Card||03 Apr 2019|
|JEXPO VOCLET 2019 Exam Date||28 Apr 2019|
|Declaration of JEXPO VOCLET 2019 Result||03 Jun 2019|
JEXPO and VOCLET 2019 Application Form
JEXPO and VOCLET 2019 Application Form has been released both offline and online. Candidates can now apply for the exam as per their eligibility and choice of exam. Offline applications for JEXPO and VOCLET 2019 are available at various ITIs. An OMR application form can be obtained for that purpose. Candidates can fill and submit it along with the application fee to any ITI.
Online applications can be filled on the official website of WEBSCTE www.webscte.co.in. Candidates will have to register themselves in JEXPO or VOCLET window. They can then proceed to fill the application form. Candidates must enter all the details carefully. Any mistake or discrepancy in the application form cannot be rectified.
Application Fee: For offline applications, candidates have to submit a fee of Rs. 500/- and Rs. 250/- for valid Kanyashree enrollees. For online applications, candidates have to submit a fee of Rs. 450/- and Rs. 225/- for valid Kanyashree enrollees.
JEXPO and VOCLET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility criteria for both exams as prescribed by WEBSCTE is mentioned below.
- Cleared High School Examination with minimum 35% excluding the additional subject.
- Mathematics, Science and English are mandatory subjects in the qualifying subjects and the candidates must pass them with minimum requirement.
- There is no upper limit but candidates born after July 1, 2004, must not apply.
- Passed/Appeared in 10 + 2 examination from WBSCT&VE&SD
- OR passed two years continuous course of ITI after Madhyamik or equivalent examinations.
- No age limit.
JEXPO and VOCLET 2019 Exam Centres and Test Cities
Following are the cities where JEXPO and VOCLET will be held simultaneously on exam date.
- Purba Bardhaman
- Paschim Bardhaman
- Purba Medinipur
- Paschim Medinipur
- Uttar Dinajpur
- Dakshin Dinajpur
JEXPO and VOCLET 2019 Exam Pattern
The exams are only conducted in offline mode and candidates mark their answer in OMR Sheet. The details about JEXPO and VOCLET 2019 exam pattern are:
- Type of Question: Multiple choice questions.
- Duration: 2 hours
- Number of Questions: 100
|Papers||Subject||Number of Questions|
|Paper 2||Physics and Chemistry||100|
|Papers||Subject||Number of Questions|
|Paper 1||Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry||100|
|Paper 2||Mechanics and Computer||100|
JEXPO and VOCLET 2019 Exam Syllabus
Following is the syllabus for JEXPO and VOCLET 2019
JEXPO and VOCLET 2019 Prescribed Medical Standards for Admission
Following medical standards must be satisfied by the candidates.
- No colour blindness
- Physically and Mentally fit
- Able to pursue technical course
NOTE: A candidate must be physically and mentally fit. They will be required to produce a medical fitness certificate at the time of admission having signature, seal and registration number of medical practitioner.
JEXPO and VOCLET 2019 Admit Card
JEXPO VOCLET 2019 Admit Card will release online on the official website of West Bengal State Council of Technical and Vocational Education and Skill Development. Candidates must remember that they will not be permitted to sit for the exam without their Admit Cards. It is an extremely important document and has to be carried on exam day along with a valid ID proof. Candidates are going to need their enrollment number and password to download JEXPO VOCLET 2019 Admit Card.
JEXPO and VOCLET 2019 Result
JEXPO and VOCLET 2019 Result will tentatively be declared on June 03, 2019. Candidates can check their result online on the official website of West Bengal State Council of Technical and Vocational Education and Skill Development. They must also remember that securing a rank does not ensure a seat for admission. It can be checked by entering application form number/enrollment number.
JEXPO and VOCLET 2019 Seats and Reservation Details
- 22% and 6% of the seats are reserved for candidates of West Bengal belonging to SC and ST respectively for the Government & Government sponsored Polytechnics.
- Maximum of 4% of the total intake capacity is reserved for physically challenged candidates.
- Reservation of OBC-A and OBC-B will be made as per government orders.
- Women’s Polytechnic, Kolkata and Women’s Polytechnic, Chandannagar are exclusively reserved for women candidates.
- Ramakrishna Mission Shilpapitha, Belgharia and Ramkrishna Mission Shilpamandira, Belur are exclusively meant for male candidates.
- Government and self-financed (Private) institutes have separate fee structures.
- Out of total intake capacities in the branches of Printing Technology and Photography at the Regional Institute of Printing Technology, 27 and 14 seats are reserved as AICTE quota.
- In compliance with the Government Notification, 5% of the intake capacity shall be filled up on supernumerary basis under Tuition Fee Waiver (TFW) Scheme.
- District Quota: 20% of seats of Polytechnics in each district/zone will be reserved for the candidates of respective districts/zones (remaining 80% for state quota).
- Female Quota: Out of the District Quota seats 25% of seats will be reserved for female candidates of respective districts/zones.
- Management Quota: Seats for the self-financed Polytechnics affiliated to the council are 25% of the approved intake as on date.
- Land Loser Quota: A person whose land has been acquired by the Government for public interests and who possess proper certificates.
How To Prepare for JEXPO and VOCLET 2019?
- Know the syllabus for all subjects thoroughly. Go through each element of it.
- Brush up your basics.
- Follow easy and comprehensive study material and books.
- Solve previous year question papers.
- Study efficiently with time management.
West Bengal State Council of Technical & Vocational Education & Skill Development (WEBSCTE) is a statutory body under Government of West Bengal. This body conducts JEXPO and VOCLET examinations for Polytechnic Education and Diplomas in Engineering and Technology. It regulates all the related events and notifications regarding this exam. It acts an extremely important organisation which imparts scientific, technological and polytechnic education in West Bengal.
Q1. Where can I apply for JEXPO 2019?
Ans. You can apply for it on WEBSCTE’s official website www.webscte.co.in.
Q2. What is the mode of this exam?
Ans. It is an offline OMR answer sheet based exam which is graded by scanning through a machine.
Q3. What courses am I offered after clearing JEXPO and VOCLET 2019?
Ans. You would be offered Diploma in Engineering and Polytechnic Courses in various streams.