LBS Kerala MCA Entrance Test 2020: Lal Bahadur Shastri (LBS) Centre for Science & Technology on behalf of the Government of Kerala has cancelled the LBS Kerala MCA Entrance Test 2020 for admission to MCA course 2020-21. Candidates can apply for the same on the official website, lbscentre.kerala.gov.in. Admission to 3-year Master of Computer Applications (MCA) course in AICTE approved institutions in the state are provided using an entrance test. Admission is conducted through Central Allotment process (CAP). Interested candidates can check all the details of LBS Kerala MCA Entrance Test 2020 from the page given below.
– First allotment has been published now. Candidates Remit fee on or before October 29, 2020.
– LBS Kerala MCA Revised Provisional Rank List is available. Scroll down to check the same.
– LBS Kerala has postponed the first allotment. The details will be announced soon.
– LBS Kerala MCA Entrance Test 2020 Notice for Instructions to candidates for rectifying defects has been released. Click here to check the same.
– LBS Kerala has further extended the deadline for uploading of qualifying marks for MCA Programm. Scroll down to check details.
LBS Kerala MCA Entrance Test 2020
Dates regarding admission procedure are provided here. Candidates can check the schedule for test and related events from the table given below
Schedule for LBS Kerala MCA Entrance Test 2020
|Online applications start||04 Jul 2020|
|Payment through Challan|
04 – 29 Jul 2020
|Online application fee payment|
04 – 30 Jul 2020
|New Candidate Registration||15 – 18 Aug 2020|
|Availibility of Admit Card||to be announced|
|Entrance Test Date|
|Publication of Result||to be announced|
|Registration of college options and allotment/Spot allotment||to be announced|
|Last date for joining in the college||to be announced|
Result for LBS Kerala MCA Entrance Test 2020
The result will be declared after the exam on the official website as per the schedule. The result will be in the pdf format and can be downloaded by the candidates. The rank list for admission to the course will be published on the basis of the total marks secured by the candidates above the fixed cut off marks of 5% for the Entrance Examination.
Result: Click here to check LBS Kerala MCA Entrance Test 2020 Provisional Rank List.
Publication of Category Lists: Separate category-wise lists will be published for SEBC/SC/ST reservation, forward community BPL reservation and for persons with disability. Candidates are advised to verify the category list published by the Director, LBS Centre for Science and Technology and satisfy themselves regarding their position in the list. If candidates have any complaint in this regard he/she may approach the Office of the Director, LBS Centre for Science and Technology within the notified time after the publication of the category list, for necessary action. Complaints received thereafter will not be entertained.
Tie Breaking Criteria for LBS Kerala MCA Entrance Test 2020
In the case of a tie in the total marks in the Entrance Examination, following procedure is adopted to resolve the tie:
- The candidates scoring higher marks in the section ‘Computer Science’ in the Entrance Examination will be placed higher in rank.
- If the tie still exists, the candidate having higher marks in “Mathematics” will be given preference.
- If the tie still persists, higher marks in the section “Logical Ability” will be given preference.
LBS Kerala MCA Entrance Test 2020 New Candidates Registration Notice
The new students can register themselves during August 15th to 18th, 2020. Check the notice below.
Click here to download the Notice.
LBS Kerala MCA Entrance Test 2020 Cancelled
The entrance test has been canceled due to the COVID-19 outbreak. Selection will be based on the marks obtained for the qualifying examination(s). Details will be published on the website in due course.
Click here to download the Notice.
Application Form for LBS Kerala MCA Entrance Test 2020
Candidates seeking admission to the course have to apply online through the official website of the LBS Centre for Science and Technology. The application form has to be filled and submitted before the last date to be considered. It will only be considered complete after the payment of fee and uploading of supporting documents.
The steps to register and fill the application form are as follows.
- Registration- First of all the registration has to be done. It is a one time process during which the candidate has to provide name, mobile number, and email Id. The application number will be generated and you will be asked to create a password for the same.
- Fee Payment- Next, candidates have to pay the application fee.
- Fill Application and upload images: Next, you have to fill the application form. All the basic information required in the application are to be filled in at this step. The candidatse now have to upload the photograph, signature and all the certificates and documents in support of the claims made in the application form.
- Final Confirmation and Print Application Form- Preview the application form before final submission. After submission, take a print out of the LBS Kerala MCA Application Form 2020.
Modes of Payment: The application fee can be paid through online mode (credit/debit card, internet banking) or through bank challan at a designated bank branch.
Documents to be uploaded along with the application form
The candidates have to upload the photograph and signature in the application form. Along with that, they have to upload the scanned copy of the relevant certificates and documents as proof mentioned below.
- Copy of original challan towards remittance of application fees (only for those candidates who remitted fee by way of challan).
- The S.S.L.C book or any other relevant record to prove date of birth.
- Mark sheets and degree certificates of the qualifying examination.
- Eligibility certificates for candidates who have passed from a university outside Kerala
- Any certificate to prove nativity.
- Income and Community in support of SEBC / OEC claim.
- Community certificate in support of SC / ST claim.
- Intercaste marriage certificate (if applicable)
- Certificate from the medical board for persons with disabilities.
- Certificate from a Medical officer not below the rank of Assistant surgeon to prove that the candidate is fit enough to undergo the MCA course.
- BPL certificate issued by competent LSG Authority (to claim BPL reservation).
Eligibility Criteria for LBS Kerala MCA Entrance Test 2020
Following conditions must be met by the applicants to be deemed eligible for applying.
Nationality: The candidate must be an Indian Citizen. Certificate from a Village Officer or a competent authority showing that the candidate is a native of any State or Union Territory of India should be uploaded.
- The candidate must have passed BCA or an equivalent degree OR he/she must pass B.Sc/B.Com/BA with Maths at 10+2 level or Mathematical Sciences (Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Operations Research) at Graduation level.
- The candidates must have obtained 50% (45% for reserved category) marks in qualifying degree exams.
Note: Final Year regular Bachelor’s Degree students are also permitted to appear for the Entrance Examination subject to the condition that the original degree certificate and mark lists of all parts of the qualifying examination has to be produced by the candidate at the time of admission.
Admit Card for LBS Kerala MCA Entrance Test 2020
Admit cards for Entrance Examination can be downloaded by the candidate from the official website as per the schedule. The candidates need to take a print out of it and take with them to the exam center. Admit cards will not be sent by post to the candidates. The admit card will contain the information regarding exam date, time and venue.
Exam Pattern for LBS Kerala MCA Entrance Test 2020
The scheme of the LBS Kerala MCA entrance examination is as follows:
Duration of test: 2 hours
Mode: Offline (Pen and Paper based)
Type of Questions: Objective and Multiple-choice
Number of Questions: 120
Marking Scheme: +3 marks for correct answer, no mark is deducted for incorrect answers and unattempted questions.
Subject-wise Distribution of Questions: Check the table below.
|Subject||Number of Questions|
|Mathematics (10+2 level 50% and Degree level 50%)||50|
|Statistics (Degree subsidiary level)||10|
|Computer Science (Basic 10, Degree level 10)||20|
LBS Kerala MCA Entrance Test 2020 Centres
The entrance test will be conducted at several venues in the following test cities.
LBS Kerala MCA Admission Criteria 2020
LBS Kerala MCA Entrance Test 2020 Centralised Allotment Process
The Allotment Process is done through a Single Window System (SWS) of Allotment to give allotments to the various Government/ Aided/ Private Self Financing Colleges/ Self Financing Colleges under Govt. Control based on the options submitted online by the candidates who have been included in the rank list. It is a simple and transparent process of allotment to the courses and it gives the candidate opportunity to exercise his/her options for colleges of his/her choice conveniently in the order of his/her preference.
The allotments will be strictly based on the options exercised, the rank obtained and eligible reservations of the candidate. Candidates should register options only to those colleges, which they are sure to join on allotment. If the candidate fails to remit fee/join the college, he/she will not be eligible for any further allotment to the course.
Categorisation of Seats: The seats available are mainly categorised as Government, Management and Lapsed seats.
- Government seats are those seats against which allotment will be made by the Director, LBS Centre for Science and Technology under the supervision of Director of Technical Education based on the rank list published by him.
- Management seats are those seats set apart in Aided/Self-financing institutions to be filled up by the Management concerned on the basis of the Supreme Court direction and Government Orders on this behalf.
- Lapsed seats are those seats that may be filled up by the institution itself when the Director, LBS Centre for Science and Technology intimates that he would not be allotted any more candidates against such seats.
Documents Required for LBS Kerala MCA Admission 2020
Following documents have to be produced at the time of admission.
- Admit Card of the Entrance Examination.
- SSLC or any relevant school records to prove date of birth.
- Originals of Degree Certificate and Mark list of all parts of the qualifying exam.
- Originals of Certificates, the copies of which are enclosed with the print out of application form.
- Transfer certificate and conduct certificate from the institution where the candidate studied last.
- Two copies of passport size photograph of the candidate.
- Candidates who passed their qualifying examination from Universities/Boards outside the State shall produce “Eligibility Certificate / Equivalency Certificate” from any of the Universities in Kerala.
- The applicant who is employed or a trainee in Government service, Scheduled Bank etc. should produce, at the time of the interview, a relieving order and a certificate of good conduct from the Head of the office where the applicant is employed.
- The student who qualifies from other universities should produce migration certificate at the time of admission
Official Website: lbscentre.kerala.gov.in
For more details of LBS Kerala MCA Entrance Test 2020 – Updated Information Brochure| Prospectus | Notification | List of Institutes received approval for conducting MCA
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.