Lal Bahadur Shastri (LBS) Centre for Science & Technology on behalf of the Government of Kerala conducts LBS Kerala MCA Entrance Test 2020 for admission to MCA course 2020-21. The registration process will be started on the official website (lbscentre.kerala.gov.in). Entrance Examination is directed for admission to three year Master of Computer Applications (MCA) course in AICTE approved institutions in the state. After the exam, the result will be declared as per the schedule. Admission is conducted through Central Allotment process (CAP). Interested candidates can check all the details of LBS Kerala MCA Entrance Test 2020 like application procedure, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, admit card, result, etc from this page given below.
LBS Kerala MCA Entrance Test 2020
The entrance examination will be conducted by the LBS Centre for Science and Technology for the selection of candidates for admission to MCA Course. All candidates who are eligible for admission and whose application will be accepted will be allowed to appear for the Entrance Examination. The schedule for LBS Kerala MCA Entrance Test 2020 is given below.
|Remittance of Application fee & availability of Prospectus||to be announced|
|Registration of Personal and Academic Data Online||to be announced|
|Last date of Submission of Application Form||Last week of Jun 2020|
|Availibility of Admit Card||Last week of Jun 2020|
|Entrance Test Date||2nd week of Jul 2020|
|Publication of Result||2nd week of Jul 2020|
|Registration of college options and allotment/Spot allotment||1st week of Aug 2020|
|Last date for joining in the college||2nd week of Aug 2020|
Eligibility Criteria for LBS Kerala MCA Entrance Test 2020
The candidate must be an Indian Citizen. Certificate from a Village Officer or a competent authority showing that the candidate is a native of any State or Union Territory of India should be furnished in the prescribed format along with the print out of the application. True copies of the birth certificate issued by the competent authority/passport/ school certificate-showing place of birth will also be accepted as proof of nativity.
Candidates should have passed in any recognized Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 years duration with Mathematics at 10+2 level OR at Graduate level. The candidate should have secured a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in their Degree examination, but, it is 45% for candidates belonging to reserved category. For SC and ST candidates, a minimum pass in the degree examination is sufficient. No rounding off of the percentage of marks to the nearest higher integer is permitted.
- Candidate seeking admission to the course should be qualified from any of the universities in Kerala or any other Universities, recognized by any of the Universities in Kerala.
- Final Year regular Bachelor’s Degree students are also permitted to appear for the Entrance Examination subject to the condition that the original degree certificate and mark lists of all parts of the qualifying examination shall be produced by the candidate at the time of admission.
Application Form for LBS Kerala MCA Entrance Test 2020
Candidates seeking admission to the course have to apply online through the official website (lbsapplications.kerala.gov.in) of the LBS Centre for Science and Technology. The application form have to be filled and submitted before the last date to be considered. It will only be considered complete after the payment of fee and uploading of supporting documents.
The steps to register and fill the application form are as follows.
- First of all the registration has to be done. It is a one time process during which the candidate has to provide name, mobile number, and email Id. The application number will be generated and you will be asked to create a password for the same.
- Next, you have to fill the application form. All the basic information required in the application are to be filled in at this step.
- Now the payment part comes. The candidate can make payment either by online mode or through bank challan. In the challan mode candidate have to print the challan and remit the fees at any of the designated bank. You have to upload the office copy of the challan.
- The candidate now have to upload the photograph, signature and all the certificates and documents in support of the claims made in the application form.
- After uploading the application process is complete now. You can now print the confirmation page from the online application for future reference.
Application Fee for MCA course in Rs. 1000 for General and SEBC candidates and Rs.500 for SC/ST candidates. The application fee can be paid through online mode or through bank challan. In case of bank challan, after remittance of Application fee in bank, the candidate can complete the registration process on the next day using the Application number and the challan number (obtained from the bank).
Documents to be uploaded along with the application form
The candidates have to upload the photograph and signature in the application form. Along with that, they have to upload the scanned copy of the relevant certificates and documents as proof mentioned below.
- Copy of original challan towards remittance of application fees (only for those candidates who remitted fee by way of challan).
- The S.S.L.C book or any other relevant record to prove date of birth.
- Mark sheets and degree certificates of the qualifying examination.
- Eligibility certificates for candidates who have passed from a university outside Kerala
- Any certificate to prove nativity.
- Income and Community in support of SEBC / OEC claim.
- Community certificate in support of SC / ST claim.
- Intercaste marriage certificate (if applicable)
- Certificate from the medical board for persons with disabilities.
- Certificate from a Medical officer not below the rank of Assistant surgeon to prove that the candidate is fit enough to undergo the MCA course.
- BPL certificate issued by competent LSG Authority (to claim BPL reservation).
Admit Card for LBS Kerala MCA Entrance Test 2020
The Entrance Examination will be of two hours duration and will be conducted at selected venues in Thiruvandrum, Ernakulam, and Kozhikode. Admit cards for Entrance Examination can be downloaded by the candidate from the official website as per the schedule. The candidates need to take a print out of it and take with them to the exam center. Admit cards will not be sent by post to the candidates. The admit card will contain the information regarding exam date, time and venue.
Exam Pattern for LBS Kerala MCA Entrance Test 2020
The Admission Supervisory Committee for Professional Colleges in Kerala suggested to conduct the Entrance Examination for admission to MCA course 2020-21. The scheme of examination as proposed by the committee is as follows:
|Subject||Number of Questions|
|Mathematics (10+2 level 50% and Degree level 50%)||50|
|Statistics (Degree subsidiary level)||10|
|Computer Science (Basic 10, Degree level 10)||20|
The questions for the Entrance Examination will cover the subjects of Mathematics, Statistics, General Knowledge, Quantitative Aptitude & Logical Ability, General English and Computer Science at Graduate level.
Answer sheets (OMR Answer sheets) will be given to mark the answers. All entries in the OMR Answer sheet including the filling of bubbles should be done by using ball point pen (blue or black ink) only.
All questions will be of objective type and will be given in the form of a Question Booklet. Each answer with correct response shall be awarded three marks. One mark will be deducted for each incorrect response and zero mark for the questions not answered. More than one answer indicated against a question will be deemed as incorrect response and will be given negative marks.
Result for LBS Kerala MCA Entrance Test 2020
Publication of Results: The result will be declared after the exam on the official website as per the schedule. The result will be in the pdf format and can be downloaded by the candidates. The rank list for admission to the course will be published on the basis of the total marks secured by the candidates above the fixed cut off marks of 5% for the Entrance Examination.
Publication of Category Lists: Separate category-wise lists will be published for SEBC/SC/ST reservation, forward community BPL reservation and for persons with disability. Candidates are advised to verify the category list published by the Director, LBS Centre for Science and Technology and satisfy themselves regarding their position in the list. If candidates have any complaint in this regard he/she may approach the Office of the Director, LBS Centre for Science and Technology within the notified time after the publication of the category list, for necessary action. Complaints received thereafter will not be entertained.
Tie Breaking Criteria for LBS Kerala MCA Entrance Test 2020
In the case of a tie in the total marks in the Entrance Examination, the candidates scoring higher marks in the section ‘Computer Science’ in the Entrance Examination will be placed higher in rank. If the tie still exists, the candidate having higher marks in “Mathematics” will be given preference. If the tie still persists, higher marks in the section “Logical Ability” will be given preference.
Centralised Allotment Process
The Allotment Process will be done through a Single Window System (SWS) of Allotment to give allotments to the various Government/ Aided/ Private Self Financing Colleges/ Self Financing Colleges under Govt. Control based on the options submitted online by the candidates who have been included in the rank list for admission to the MCA Course 2020- 21, Kerala. It is a simple and transparent process of allotment to the courses and it gives the candidate opportunity to exercise his/her options for colleges of his/her choice conveniently in the order of his/her preference considering all those available to be chosen from. The allotments will be strictly based on the options exercised, the rank obtained and eligible reservations of the candidate. Candidates should register options only to those colleges, which they are sure to join on allotment. If the candidate fails to remit fee/join the college, he/she will not be eligible for any further allotment to the course.
Categorisation of Seats: The seats available are mainly categorised as Government, Management and Lapsed seats.
- Government seats are those seats against which allotment will be made by the Director, LBS Centre for Science and Technology under the supervision of Director of Technical Education based on the rank list published by him.
- Management seats are those seats set apart in Aided/Self-financing institutions to be filled up by the Management concerned on the basis of the Supreme Court direction and Government Orders on this behalf.
- Lapsed seats are those seats that may be filled up by the institution itself when the Director, LBS Centre for Science and Technology intimates that he would not be allotted any more candidates against such seats.
Verification of Documents
The Principal/Head of the College or Institution shall be personally responsible for verification and satisfaction of the correctness of the records produced by the candidate at the time of seeking admission in the college/institution. The Universities concerned shall also verify the records produced by the candidates securing admission in the colleges/institutions coming under them by deputing special teams and submit report to Government within 10 days from the last date fixed for final allotment of seats.
Documents to be produced at the time of admission
- Admit Card of the Entrance Examination.
- SSLC or any relevant school records to prove date of birth.
- Originals of Degree Certificate and Mark list of all parts of the qualifying exam.
- Originals of Certificates, the copies of which are enclosed with the print out of application form.
- Transfer certificate and conduct certificate from the institution where the candidate studied last.
- Two copies of passport size photograph of the candidate.
- Candidates who passed their qualifying examination from Universities/Boards outside the State shall produce “Eligibility Certificate / Equivalency Certificate” from any of the Universities in Kerala.
- The applicant who is employed or a trainee in Government service, Scheduled Bank etc. should produce, at the time of the interview, a relieving order and a certificate of good conduct from the Head of the office where the applicant is employed.
- The student who qualifies from other universities should produce migration certificate at the time of admission
The fee structure in the above categories of seats will be announced before the allotment process and will be published in the website.
- Those candidates who have got the allotment would have to take the print of the allotment memo from the official website and pay Rs 10000 either online or by direct payment at the bank.
- Those candidates who do not pay the fee before the last date they will lose their allotment and also the eligibility for further allotments.
- The candidates who have not received any allotment in the first allotment but have received in any subsequent allotment will have to remit the fees for the course.
Official Website: lbscentre.kerala.gov.in
For more details of LBS Kerala MCA Entrance Test 2020 – Download Last Year’s Information Brochure.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.