LBC Centre for Science & Technology on behalf of the Government of Kerala conducts LBS Kerala MCA Entrance Test 2018 for admission to MCA course 2018-19. Entrance Examination (CEE) is directed for admission to three year Master of Computer Applications (MCA) course in AICTE approved institutions in the state. Admission is conducted through Central Allotment process (CAP). Interested candidates can check all the details of LBS Kerala MCA Entrance Test 2018 like application procedure, eligibility criteria, exam pattern etc from this page given below.
LBS Kerala MCA Entrance Test 2018
Entrance examination will be conducted by the Director, LBS Centre for Science and Technology for the selection of candidates for admission to MCA Course. All candidates who are eligible for admission and whose application will be accepted will be allowed to appear for the Entrance Examination.
Schedule for LBS Kerala MCA Entrance Test 2018 is given below.
|Remittance of Application fee & availabiliyu of Prospectus||14 to 21 Jun 2018|
|Registration of Personal and Academic Data Online||15 to 22 Jun 2018|
|Last date of Submission of Application Form||23 Jun 2018|
|Availibility of Admit Card||26 Jun 2018|
|Entrance Test Date|
|Publication of Result||11 Jul 2018|
|Registration of college options and allotment/Spot allotment||04 Aug 2018|
|Last date for joining in the college||09 Aug 2018|
Categorisation of Seats: The seats available are mainly categorised as Government, Management and Lapsed seats.
- Government seats are those seats against which allotment will be made by the Director,
LBS Centre for Science and Technology under the supervision of Director of Technical Education based on the rank list published by him.
- Management seats are those seats set apart in Aided/Self-financing institutions to be filled up by the Management concerned on the basis of the Supreme Court direction and Government Orders on this behalf.
- Lapsed seats are those seats that may be filled up by the institution itself when the Director, LBS Centre for Science and Technology intimates that he would not be allotting any more candidates against such seats.
LBC Centre for Science & Technology has released the Vacancy for Spot Allotment and Collegewise Allotment List on the oficial website. Candidates can check the same from the direct link provided below.
Publication of Results: The Result & Rank list of the Exam held on 08 Jul 2018 for admission to the MCA 2018 course has been published on the basis of the total marks secured by the candidates for the Entrance Examination. Candidates can check it through the direct links provided below.
Publication of Category Lists: Separate category-wise lists will be published for SEBC/SC/ST reservation, forward community BPL reservation and for persons with disability. Candidates are advised to verify the category list published by the Director, LBS Centre for Science and Technology and satisfy themselves regarding their position in the list. If candidates have any complaint in this regard he/she may approach the Office of the Director, LBS Centre for Science and Technology within the notified time after publication of the category list, for necessary action. Complaints received thereafter will not be entertained.
The Entrance Examination was of two hours duration and will be conducted at selected venues in Thiruvandrum, Ernakulam and Kozhikode and the same was conducted on 08 Jul 2018. Admit cards for Entrance Examination were downloaded by the candidate from their homepage at the website www.lbscentre.in during the time period notified. Admit cards was not been sent by post to the candidates. Link to download Admit Card has also been provided below for the sake of candidates.
- Process Over…..!!
Candidates seeking admission to the course have to apply online through the website
www.lbscentre.in of the Director of LBS Centre for Science and Technology. The direct link to apply online is given below.
- Application Process are over now….!!
Application Fee for MCA course in Rs. 1000/- for General candidates and Rs.500/- for SC/ST candidates to be remitted in any of the branches of Federal Bank using the challan obtained after entering personal details of the candidate.
On the next day after remittance of Application fee in bank, the candidate can complete registration process using the Application number and the chalan number (obtained from bank).
The printout of the application form with self-attested certificate copies of Personal & Academic claim shall be sent to The Director, LBS Centre for Science & Technology, Extra Police Road, Nandavanam, Palayam, Thiruvananthapuram – 695033.
The candidate must be an Indian Citizen. Certificate from a Village Officer or a competent authority showing that the candidate is a native of any State or Union Territory of India should be furnished in the prescribed format along with the print out of the application. True copies of the birth certificate issued by the competent authority/passport/ school certificate-showing place of birth will also be accepted as proof of nativity.
Candidates should have passed in any recognized Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 years duration with Mathematics at 10+2 level OR at Graduate level. The candidate should have secured a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in their Degree examination, but, it is 45% for candidates belonging to reserved category. For SC and ST candidates, a minimum pass in the degree examination is sufficient. No rounding off of percentage of marks to the nearest higher integer is permitted.
- Candidate seeking admission to the course should be qualified from any of the universities in Kerala or any other Universities, recognized by any of the Universities in Kerala.
- Final Year regular Bachelor’s Degree students are also permitted to appear for the Entrance Examination subject to the condition that the original degree certificate and mark lists of all parts of the qualifying examination shall be produced by the candidate at the time of admission.
The Admission Supervisory Committee for Professional Colleges in Kerala suggested to conduct the Entrance Examination for admission to MCA course 2018-19 The scheme of examination as proposed by the committee is as follows:
|Mathematics (10+2 level 50% and Degree level 50%)||50|
|Statistics (Degree subsidiary level)||10|
|Computer Science (Basic 10, Degree level 10)||20|
|Quantitative Aptitude & Logical Ability||20|
The questions for the Entrance Examination will cover the subjects of Mathematics, Statistics, General Knowledge, Quantitative Aptitude & Logical Ability, General English and Computer Science at Graduate level.
Answer sheets (OMR Answer sheets) will be given to mark the answers. All entries in the OMR Answer sheet including the filling of bubbles should be done by using ball point pen (blue or black ink) only.
All questions will be of objective type and will be given in the form of a Question Booklet. Each answer with correct response shall be awarded three marks. One mark will be deducted for each incorrect response and zero mark for the questions not answered. More than one answer indicated against a question will be deemed as incorrect response and will be given negative marks.
In the case of tie in the total marks in the Entrance Examination, the candidates scoring higher marks in the section ‘Computer Science’ in the Entrance Examination will be placed higher in rank. If the tie still exists, the candidate having higher age will be given preference. If the tie still persists, alphabetic order of the name of the candidate in English will be taken into account.
Centralised Allotment Process
The Allotment Process will be done through a Single Window System (SWS) of Allotment to give allotments to the various Government/ Aided/ Private Self Financing Colleges/ Self Financing Colleges under Govt. Control based on the options submitted online by the candidates who have been included in the rank list for admission to the MCA Course 2018- 19, Kerala. It is a simple and transparent process of allotment to the courses and it gives the candidate opportunity to exercise his/her options for colleges of his/her choice conveniently in the order of his/her preference considering all those available to be chosen from. The allotments will be strictly based on the options exercised, the rank obtained and eligible reservations of the candidate. Candidates should register options only to those colleges, which they are sure to join on allotment. If the candidate fails to remit fee/join the college, he/she will not be eligible for any further allotment to the course.
Verification of Documents
The Principal/Head of the College or Institution shall be personally responsible for verification and satisfaction of the correctness of the records produced by the candidate at the time of seeking admission in the college/institution. The Universities concerned shall also verify the records produced by the candidates securing admission in the colleges/institutions coming under them by deputing special teams and submit report to Government within 10 days from the last date fixed for final allotment of seats.
Documents to be produced at the time of admission
- Admit Card of the Entrance Examination.
- SSLC or any relevant school records to prove date of birth.
- Originals of Degree Certificate and Mark list of all parts of the qualifying exam.
- Originals of Certificates, the copies of which are enclosed with the print out of application form.
- Transfer certificate and conduct certificate from the institution where the candidate studied last.
- Two copies of passport size photograph of the candidate.
- Candidates who passed their qualifying examination from Universities/Boards outside the State shall produce “Eligibility Certificate / Equivalency Certificate” from any of the Universities in Kerala.
- Applicant who is employed or a trainee in Government service, Scheduled Bank etc. should produce, at the time of interview, a relieving order and a certificate of good conduct from the Head of the office where the applicant is employed.
- The student who qualifies from other universities should produce migration certificate at the time of admission
The fee structure in the above categories of seats will be announced before the allotment process:
- No fees will be refunded after the last date of closing of admission
- The claim for refund should be made at least thirty days before the last date of closing of admissions
- ) If any candidate discontinues/leaves the institution after the closing of admissions in the same year or in subsequent years to join other courses or for other purposes he/she is liable to pay liquidated damages of Rs.30,000/- (Rupees Thirty Thousand Only). Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OEC are exempted from payment of such liquidated damages
- Institutional transfers in the second year will be done by the Universities concerned and for such transfers the candidates are exempted from payment of liquidated damages.
Official Website: www.lbscentre.in
For more details of LBS Kerala MCA Entrance Test 2018 – Download Information Brochure.