Hey guys, here we have provided the MP CPCT Syllabus 2018/19 in detail. If you are preparing for MP Computer Proficiency Certification Test (CPCT), then it is important that you should know the complete exam pattern and its syllabus. Only when you have complete information about the exam you can make a preparation plan. For the entrance exam, you will be asked MCQ questions from topics such as Familiarity with computer systems, Knowledge of Basic Computer Operations, Proficiency in general IT skills, etc. If you want to know more about the MP CPCT Syllabus, read the article below.
What Is CPCT Exam?
The candidates who will be appearing for MP CPCT 2018 must be familiarised with this, however, for some candidates, it shall be a new term. The Computer Proficiency Certification Test (CPCT) has been introduced by the Government of MP. The entrance exam is held approximately every month depending upon the number of candidates due for test and availability of examination centers. But after appearing once the candidate can only re-appear after 6 months. It has been recognized as a mandatory requirement for various positions such as Assistant Grade-3/IT Operator/Data Entry operators/typist and other similar positions in various government departments.
Overview of MP CPCT
- Exam Conducting Body: Madhya Pradesh Agency for Promotion of Information Technology (MAP-IT).
- Exam Date – 27 and 28 Oct 2018
- Mode of Exam – Computer-based
- Duration of the test: 01 hours and 30 minutes
- Selection Process: The candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in MCQ and Typing Skill Assessment Test.
MP CPCT Exam Pattern
Before we proceed to know the detailed syllabus for the entrance test, let us take a look at its exam pattern.
- The CPCT consists of two sections:
- MCQ (Multi Choice Question)
- Typing Skill Assessment English and Hindi Typing Test)
- The duration of the written test is of 02 hours.
- 75 minutes will be given for 75 Questions in Sections 01-06.
- 15 Minutes each will be given for English and Hindi typing test.
- 15 Minutes will be given for reading instructions and switchover between languages in typing tests
- The objective questions will be in English and Hindi language.
MP CPCT Syllabus
The syllabus for MP CPCT as per which the MCQ questions will be asked from is as follows:
- Familiarity with computer systems
- Awareness about different aspects regarding computer hardware such as generations and types of computers
- Printers, input and output devices and hardware components such as Central Processing Unit (CPU) like arithmetic logic unit, control unit, memory unit
- Universal Serial Bus (USB), Liquid Crystal Display (LCD), Motherboard, Sound Card, Graphics Card, and related concepts
- Input Devices such keyboard, mouse, light pen, touch screens, graphics tablets, joystick, Microphone, Optical Character Reader, MICR, Scanner, digital or web camera, card reader, barcode reader, biometric sensor
- Output Devices such as Monitor or visual display unit, printer (impact or non-impact), speaker, plotter
- Secondary Storage Devices such as USB Pen Drives, floppy disks, Compact Disk (CD), Digital Video Disk (DVD), Blue Ray Disk, Solid State Drive etc.
- Awareness regarding different aspects about computer software including software categories such as System Software, Application Software, Embedded Software, Proprietary Software, Open Source Software
- Computer Languages such as Machine Level Language, Assembly Level Language, High-Level Language, Interpreter, Compiler
- Operating Systems such as Windows and Linux etc. and concepts of Memory Units such as Bit, Byte, Megabyte, Gigabyte, Terabyte etc.
- Knowledge of Basic Computer Operations
- Awareness of generic steps required for setting up a computer, booting and shutting down, logging on and off to a network, determining an IP address, verifying physical connectivity to a network, installing and updating software packages, disabling applications from running on start-up, uninstalling a software from computer, customising desktop background, resizing windows, volume controls of computer, setting up a new printer or webcam or scanner or other peripheral devices, understanding of steps to protect computers from power disturbances and basic troubleshooting including power backups.
- Awareness of System Administration and Security concepts such as setting options and preferences in an Operating System
- Encryption of data
- Keeping personal data private and secure; creating strong passwords
- Changing passwords
- Checking a system for bugs, spyware or other malicious application through virus scanners
- Awareness of concepts and processes related to file management functions such as copying files to memory disk, undoing mistakes, using default help modules, connecting to the Internet and downloading and uploading files, setup, and printing of documents Compressing files
- identifying and selecting suitable file formats and using them for transferring data
- Proficiency in general IT skills
- Word processing skills such as creating a document, using spellcheck, creating tables, working with headers or footers, mail merge, document formatting etc. and common word processing related keyboard commands.
- Numeric Skills to deal with numbers and digits, using formulas, references, macros, tables, graphs through spreadsheets and common keyboard commands for spreadsheets. Presentation skills for sharing and understanding data in form of charts, graphs, and data.
- Internet skills such as using the search engine effectively to get the best-desired result within a short time
- Uploading and downloading information from the Internet and usage of Internet applications such as websites, browsers, blogs, and Internet services such as Email, video conferencing, Online Collaboration etc.
- Reading Comprehension
- Ability to read and understand passages in English comprising questions regarding locating information, identifying relationships, interpreting ideas, moods, characteristics of characters, the tone of passage and getting the central theme.
- Mathematical & Reasoning Aptitude
- Number Systems – Fractions, Surds and Decimals, Number Series
- Arithmetic – Percentages, Profit & Loss, Discount, Compound Interest, Annuities, Ratio & Proportions, Time, Work & Distance, 2 D & 3D Figures- Areas & Volumes)
- Reasoning Aptitude focusing on Verbal and Logical Reasoning focusing on deriving conclusions from logical premises or assess the validity of arguments based on the statement of facts.
- General Awareness
- Indian History & Indian Geography, Indian Economy, Indian Constitution, Science & Technology, Trends in Current Affairs.