NEET Rank Predictor 2018 will come in handy right after the exam. Rank Predictor of NEET 2018 aims to show expected rank vs marks in National Eligibility Entrance Test. You may come across various rank predictors on the internet. Even some coaching centers publish tools to display estimate for rank when you enter expected marks in such a rank predictor tool. However, here we have made a very simple NEET Rank Predictor 2018. With this, you can see what the rank range could be when your marks in CBSE NEET exam falls in a certain range. Check the NEET Rank Predictor 2018 here now!
NEET Rank Predictor 2018
In order to predict rank, you first need to know expected marks. To estimate marks, check answer key of NEET 2018.
Know expected marks
- Check answer keys from above link.
- Calculate marks by score formula. Marks = Number of correct answers x 4 – Number of incorrect answers x 1.
Know expected rank
You will know actual rank as soon as CBSE announces NEET 2018 Result.
Qualifying cut off
Candidates must score minimum marks prescribed by CBSE in order to qualify NEET exam. This cut off has been mentioned as the percentile.
- Unreserved category – Minimum of marks at 50th percentile.
- SC/ST/OBC category – Minimum of marks at 40th percentile.
- UR-PH category – Minimum of marks at 45th percentile.
- SC-PH / ST-PH / OBC PH category – Minimum of marks at 40th percentile.
In case you are wondering what this means, worry not, we are explaining more on this here.
CBSE places candidates in NEET Merit List in order of marks. Then the marks corresponding to 50th percentile, 45th percentile, 40th percentile as applicable to that category is seen. That marks which correspond to cut off percentile becomes the NEET Cut Off Marks. The exact cut off marks corresponding to above-mentioned percentile will be known only when CBSE draws up the merit list.
You can see the last year’s marks range against percentile cut off from table below.
|Category||Marks range||Qualifying criteria|
|Others||685 – 145||50th Percentile|
|OBC||678 – 118||40th Percentile|
|SC||595 – 118||40th Percentile|
|ST||599 – 118||40th Percentile|
|UR and PH||474 – 131||45th Percentile|
|OBC and PH||510 – 118||40th Percentile|
|SC and PH||415 – 118||40th Percentile|
|ST and PH||339 – 118||40th Percentile|
Marks of NEET Toppers
Last year top 10 rankers of NEET 2017 scored following high marks and percentile.
|Name||Marks||Percentile||All India Rank|
Process of arriving at NEET 2018 Marks vs Rank
NEET Rank Predictor 2018 has been created with the help of last year’s NEET marks vs rank data.
CBSE publishes marks, NEET All India Rank, category rank, and state rank in NEET Results. Candidates who had appeared in NEET 2016 got to know their rank and marks as soon as result was announced.
Education experts have compiled Rank Predictor for NEET 2018 using available data for marks scored in National Eligibility Entrance Test and corresponding All India Rank.
Actual NEET All India Rank (AIR) vs Predicted NEET Rank
- NEET Rank Predictor 2018 is based on past year’s NEET Ranks.
- Last year 8,02,594 candidates had applied for NEET, out of which 7,31,223 had appeared. 4,09,477 had qualified.
- 11,35,104 Number of candidates registered for NEET in 2018 which is 41.4% more number of candidates than last year.
- This fact that a comparatively larger number of candidates have appeared in NEET this year will impact gap between actual NEET AIR and rank predicted by NEET Rank Predictor.
- Chances of ranks being + or – in thousands is there, in those marks range from more candidates. In other words, chances of variation in top 1000 ranks would be less. The probability of rank being different from predicted rank will increase as marks decrease.
Ask queries on NEET Rank Predictor 2018 in comments below.