PGDBA 2021 Syllabus – IIM Calcutta, IIT Kaharagpur and ISI release syllabus for PGDBA written test online. The syllabus can be checked online at iimcal.ac.in and the same is given on this page below. Students must check the syllabus for preparing for written test asked form verbal ability, logical reasoning, data interpretation and data visualization, quantitative aptitude sections of the syllabus. The syllabus is for the written test which carries a weightage of 45 points out of 100 points in the overall assessment to take admission in the Post Graduate Diploma in Business Analytics (PGDBA). Students must check the method to prepare for the exam, syllabus with its important topics from here.
PGDBA 2021 Syllabus
Written test is one of the parts in evaluation process of getting admission in PGDBA course. The weightage is also going to be given on the basis of the personal interview which gets take place after the written test. Students are also going to be given points on the basis of 10th and 12th class academic performance and work experience.
The syllabus of the four sections of the PGDBA written test are provided below.
Section 1: Verbal Ability
- Reading and Comprehension
- Grammar or correction of sentences
Section 2: Logical Reasoning
- Logical connectives
- Statements and Conclusions
- Matching and sequences
Section 3: Data Interpretation and Data visualization
- Data driven questions depicted using pie charts, graphs, trends
Section 4: Quantitative Aptitude
- Euclidean geometry
- Coordinate geometry including topics of lines, circles, conic sections
- Trigonometry including topics of triangles, trigonometric identities, heights and distances
- Calculus including topics of functions, limits, continuity, derivative, maxima & minima, methods of integration, evaluation of areas using integration
- Algebra including topics given below
- Solutions of quadratic equations
- Simultaneous linear equations
- Binomial theorem
Marking Scheme for PGDBA 2021 Written Test
The marking scheme of the syllabus is provided below.
- Mode: The exam is an offline exam.
- Duration: The duration of the exam is 3 hours.
- Total number of questions: The exam carries total 50 questions
- Type of questions: MCQs
- Marking Scheme: 3 marks for each correct answer and 1 mark is going to be deducted for incorrect answer
The distribution of questions in the exam are given below.
|Section||Number of questions|
|Data Interpretation and Data Visualization||05|
How to Prepare from PGDBA 2021 Syllabus?
Students must focus on the important topics given below to prepare for PGDBA written test.
- While preparing for verbal reasoning and comprehension, for the sub topic of reading and comprehension students must focus on tone of speech, writing style and intent of the writer.
- While preparing for verbal reasoning the students must focus on syllogism, strong and weak arguments, statements and assumptions.
- For preparation of the grammar students must prepare parts of speech, modifiers, verb tenses, punctuation and construction of sentences.
- For the preparation of data interpretation, the subtopics of number series, letter series, family tree, odd one out, data sufficiency, bar graphs, pie charts and binary logic should be focused..
- For preparation of quantitative aptitude, topics of algebra, geometry, arithmetic, number system and calculus should be prepared.
Students must follow the points given below for the preparation of the syllabus.
- Prepare a time table and manage the time according to the number of questions in each section of the written exam.
- Focus on the sections whose number of questions is more than the other sections.
- Go through the NCERT books thoroughly and solve questions present in the books after each chapter.
- Practice previous year question papers and sample papers provided for the exam.
- Prepare notes, study online and revise all the syllabus studied during the preparation.
Books for PGDBA 2021 Written Test
Students must prepare form NCERT books of class 11th and 12th class for the preparation of written test. Books students should refer for the preparation of PGDBA written test are provided below.
|Books and Author||Buying Link|
|How to prepare verbal ability Arun Sharma and Meenakshi Upadhyay||Buy Here|
|Quantitative Aptitude by RS Aggarwal||Buy Here|
|Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey||Buy Here|
|Data interpretation by Nishit K.||Buy Here|
About PGDBA Written Test
IIT Kahargpur, IIM calcutta and ISI conducts written test for the students to get admission in Post Graduate Diploma of Business Analytics course. The exam is conducted in offline mode. The exam carries 50 questions of 150 marks. 05 questions are going to be asked from logical reasoning and data interpretation and data visualization sections each. 15 questions are going to be asked from verbal ability and 25 questions are going to be asked from quantitative aptitude. Students must check the topics of the syllabus to prepare for the exam.
About IIM Calcutta, IIT Kaharagpur, ISI
IIM Calcutta, IIT Kharagpur and ISI has major considerations in separate areas of business analytics. The areas in which the institutes majorly focuses on are provided below. Students studying in these institutes are also given the opportunity of doing six moths internship in analytics projects in a business organisation.
IIM Calcutta focuses on application of analytics. It is well known for providing the high quality management education. The institute focus on excellence, providing the best faculty, strong alumni base and ties in business.
IIT Kharagpur focuses on technological aspects of analytics. The institute has worked in various areas of defense, space, atomic energy to economic, public and development sector. It is recognized in new standards in engineering education.
ISI focus on the statistical and machine learning theories of analytics. The institute works in teaching, research and other related disciplines. A lot of projects and consultancy in areas of statistical quality control and operational research occurs in the institute.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.