TS EdCET 2019 – Osmania University has released the TS EdCET 2019 Notification on February 25, 2019. Also, the application form to apply for Telangana State Education Common Entrance Test (TS EdCET) 2019 is releasing on February 28, 2019. This state level entrance exam is for the candidates who wish to seek admission into 2 years B.Ed courses (regular) in the Telangana state. TS EdCET 2019 Exam Date is May 31, 2019. The entrance test is of 2 hours duration. Check details regarding the application process, exam pattern, admit card, counselling etc below.
TS EdCET 2019
TS EdCET 2019 is an online examination that contains 3 parts (part A, B and C) having 150 questions in all. The exam is scheduled in 2 shifts – 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM and 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM. There is no maximum age limit to appear for TS EdCET 2019. Check the important details regarding TS EdCET 2019 below:
|TS EdCET 2019||Important Dates|
|Notification of TS Ed.CET – 2019 (CBT)||25 Feb 2019|
|Release of online application form||28 Feb 2019|
|Last date of submission without late fee|
|Submission of application form with late fee following late fee
|Downloading of Hall Tickets from Website||21 May 2019|
|Date of Entrance Test||31 May 2019|
|Declaration of Preliminary Key||04 Jun 2019|
|Last date for receiving of objections on Preliminary Key||06 Jun 2019|
|Date of Announcement of Results/Ranks (Tentative)||15 Jun 2019|
TS EdCET 2019 Press Release
As per the press announcement by the Osmania University, TS EdCET is to be held in the online mode and on one day and 2 shifts. In addition to that, release the application form, application fee and other important dates.
- The TS EdCET 2019 exam mode remain online.
- The exam dates have changed – this year instead of 2 days the exam is being held in 1 day and in 2 shifts.
Check the detailed notice here:
TS EdCET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who are appearing for the TS EdCET 2019, must make sure they qualify the eligibility criteria set by the board. The eligibility criteria are divided into three parts:
Nationality Criteria: First of all candidate has to be a citizen of India.
- The candidate who is appearing for the exam must have passed in any of the bachelor’s degree B.A./B.Sc./B.Sc. (Home Science)/B.Com./B.C.A./B.B.M/BBA or in the Masters Degree, securing at least 50% aggregate marks
- Bachelors in Engineering or Technology with Specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% aggregate marks or.
- Any other qualification equivalent thereto.
- However, for candidates belonging to the reserved categories Viz., SC/ ST/ BC and other reserved categories should have secured 40% Marks in the qualifying examination.
- The candidates who are appearing for the final year degree examination shall also be eligible to appear for TS Ed.CET-2019.
- As per the GO MS No:13 dated. 27/5/2017, the Candidates possessing MBBS/ BSC (AG) / BVSC/ BHMT/ B.Pharm and such other professional and job oriented degree courses Viz., LLB are not eligible for admission into B.Ed Course.
- Candidates possessing a Master Degree without having undertaken undergraduate study are not eligible for admission.
Age Limit: The candidate should have completed the age of 19 years as on 1st July of the year in which notification is issued. There shall be no maximum age limit.
TS EdCET 2019 Application Form
The application form of TS EdCET 2019 is released online only. The candidates after getting through with the eligibility criteria must proceed to fill the application form. Only the registered candidates get to appear in the entrance exam.
Also, make sure to keep these details ready before filling the application form – Hall ticket Number of Qualifying Examination, Date of Birth, Caste in case of SC/ST/BC candidates, Study/Residence/relevant certificate for proof of local status and Aadhar Card.
Check the brief steps to apply for TS EdCET 2019 below:
- The candidate has to visit the official website or can simply click on the above link “Application Form”.
- The candidate needs to fill up the important details like name, parents name, gender, category etc.
- The candidate has to make sure that before submitting the details they have to cross-check the details they have entered, to avoid mistakes.
- The application form is to be submitted only online.
Fee & Payment for TS EdCET 2019
- The candidate who is applying for the TS EdCET 2019 has to submit an application fee of Rs. 650 for General Category and Rs. 450 for SC & ST category.
- Payment should be through APOnline /TSOnline Centers in Telangana State or A.P and also through the payment gateway.
TS EdCET 2019 Admit Card
The TS EdCET 2019 Admit Card will be issued to all the registered candidates to appear in the examination. The admit card will uploaded online at the official website, edcet.tsche.ac.in. No candidates get the admit card via post. It is the sole responsibility of the candidates to visit the official website and download the admit card using their login details.
The admit card contains details related to examination like the address of the test centre, date and time to appear in the exam and other important exam hall instructions. The candidates have to preserve the hall ticket/admit card until the admission process ends.
TS EdCET 2019 Test Centers
The TS EdCET 2019 exam is scheduled in the 11 regional test centres across Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.
|Sr. No.||Regional Test Center|
TS EdCET 2019 Mock Test
Mock Test for TS EdCET 2019 is launched for all the candidates. The mock test is provided so that test takers can prepare for the online exam pattern. A login ID & password is given so all you need to do is just visit the official Mock Test and familiarize yourself with the way questions are displayed in Examination. Check out the official Mock Test before appearing for your exam.
- Click Here to check mock test of TS EdCET.
TS EdCET 2019 Exam Pattern
Below is the exam pattern for TS EdCET 2019:
- Mode: Online (CBT)
- Total Marks: 150
- Total Questions: 150
- Subjects: Candidates have to appear for General English, General Knowledge, and Teaching Aptitude. However, they can choose any one subject from Mathematics, Physical Sciences, Biological Sciences, Social Studies, and English.
- Question Paper Language: English, Telugu and Urdu except for English methodology
(Physics – 50, Chemistry – 50)
(Botany – 50, Zoology – 50)
(Geography – 35, History – 30, Civics – 15, Economics – 20)
Qualifying marks in TS EdCET 2019:
- The qualifying marks in the Entrance Test for all candidates is 38 out of 150 marks (i.e. 25%).
- For the candidates belonging to SC/ST communities, there are no qualifying marks for ranking.
TS EdCET 2019 Syllabus
The TS EdCET 2019 Syllabus is important for the candidates as it contains the description of the topics from which the questions are framed in the examination. We have thus mentioned here the entire syllabus for TS EdCET 2019:
Part A – General English: This section will have questions from the following areas
- Reading Comprehension
- Correction of Sentences, Articles, Prepositions, Tenses, Spelling, Voice
- Vocabulary, Synonyms, Antonyms.
- Transformation of Sentences – Simple, Compound and Complex. Direct Speech and Indirect Speech
Part B – General Knowledge and Teaching Aptitude: This section will have questions from the following areas
- Questions will be designed to test the ability of the candidate‘s general knowledge of the environment around him and its application to society.
- Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific outlook as is expected of an educated person.
- The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighbouring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Ecology, Economic, General Policy and Scientific Research.
- Teaching requires certain characteristics like ability to communicate, ability to deal with Children, ability to recognize individual differences etc., apart from analytical thinking and general intelligence. One who has these characteristics will be able to become a good teacher after training. Questions relating to these aspects will be included to test one‘s teaching aptitude.
Part C – Mathematics / Physical Sciences / Biological Sciences / Social studies / English: Out of the 5 available subjects in Part C, the candidates have to select any one subject to appear for the exam.
- To check the syllabus of Part C and Part A, B as well, Click here.
TS EdCET 2019 Answer Key
An answer key will be announced by the board after the conclusion of the exams. An answer key is published so that the candidate can check their answers and find out how much chances they have to secure the seat in the exam. There would be preliminary key as well as the final answer key that will have the answers to the questions asked in the examination. The candidate can also have the opportunity to raise the objection against the answer key but that is for the limited time. EdCET 2019 will release its question papers and preliminary answer keys, after successfully conducting its entrances across its centres.
TS EdCET 2019 Result
Candidates will be ranked in each methodology in the order of merit on the basis of marks obtained in TS EdCET-2019 through online examination. A candidate may get the result by entering the hall ticket number on the official website. The result shows the candidate Name, marks, rank, roll number, exam centre and other information. Candidate must take the print of the result for future reference.
TS EdCET 2019 Counselling
The counselling for TS EdCET 2019 will be held after the result gets declared and so all the candidates who will clear the written examination for TS EdCET 2019, will have to be present with all the documents for the counselling process. The exact date, time and venue will be updated on our counselling page as soon as we get the complete official details. Candidates will be able to access the counselling section from the “Quick Links” section mentioned above.
Official Website: edcet.tsche.ac.in
For more details regarding the TS EdCET 2019, Download Information Brochure.
TS EdCET Previous Years’ Question Papers And Answer Keys
Down below is the list of question papers and answer keys of the last year for TS EdCET 2018. Candidates can check and download the same from below according to their subjects:
|Subject||Question Paper||Answer key|
|Biological Sciences||Click here||Click here|
|Biological Sciences(URDU)||Click here|
|Mathematics||Click here||Click here|
|Physical Sciences||Click here||Click here|
|Physical Sciences(URDU)||Click here|
|Social Studies||Click here||Click here|
|Social Studies(URDU)||Click here|
|English||Click here||Click here|