|Manipal University||Apply Now for MU OET|
|SRM University||Apply Now for SRMJEEE|
|JEE Main 2018 Exam Date, Eligibility, Exam Pattern.||Get All Details Here|
Telangana State Education Common Entrance Test 2017 (TS EdCET 2017) is conducted by the CONVENER, TS EdCET 2017, Osmania University, Hyderabad on behalf of the Telangana State Council of Higher Education for admission in to B.Ed (Two years) Regular Course in the Colleges of Education in Telangana State for the academic year 2017-2018. The detailed information regarding the eligibility, syllabus, model paper, related instructions and procedure for online submission of applications are available on this page given below.
TS EdCET 2017 – Telangana State Education Common Entrance Test
Osmania University had released notification for TS EdCET 2017 entrance test for admission to B.Ed. (2 Years) regular course in the state of Telangana for the academic year 2017-2018.
Schedule for TS EdCET 2017 is given below.
|Start of Submission & Registration of Online Application form||12 Jun 2017|
|Last Date for the Submission of Online Application||06 Jul 2017|
|Submission of Online Application with Late fee of Rs.500/-||08 Jul 2017|
|Downloading of Hall Tickets from Website||14 Jul 2017|
|Date of Entrance Test||16 Jul 2017|
|Declaration of Preliminary Key||19 Jul 2017|
|Last date for receiving of objections on Preliminary Key||22 Jul 2017|
|Date of Announcement of Results/Ranks||28 Jul 2017|
TS EdCET Answer Key 2017
Answer Key of Telangana State Education Common Entrance Test 2017 (TS EdCET 2017) has been published. Earlier examination was held on 16 Jul 2017. Now candidates can check answer key for the same through the link provided below.Any objections or queries Regarding Answer keys can be mailed to [email protected] before 22-07-2017.
Preliminary Keys (Telugu – English)
Preliminary Keys (Urdu)
TS EdCET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates satisfying the following requirements shall be eligible to appear for TS Ed.CET.
The candidate should satisfy ‘local’ / ‘non- local’ Status requirements as laid down in the Telangana Educational Institutions (Regulation of Admission) Order, 1974, as subsequently amended.
Educational Qualifications : Candidates should have passed or appeared for qualifying examination
- In any Bachelors Degree i.e., B.A, B.Com, B.Sc, B.Sc (Home Science), BCA, BBM/BBA or in the Masters Degree, securing at least 50% aggregate marks.
- Bachelors in Engineering or Technology with Specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55%
aggregate marks or
- Any other qualification equivalent thereto.
- However, for candidates belonging to the reserved categories Viz., SC/ ST/ BC and other reserved categories should have secured 40% Marks in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates possessing MBBS/ BSC (AG) / BVSC/ BHMT/ B.Pharm and such other professional and job oriented degree courses Viz., LLB are not eligible for admission into B.Ed Course.
- Candidates possessing a Master Degree without having undertaken undergraduate study are not eligible for admission.
Age Limit : The candidate should have completed the age of 19 years as on 1st July of the year in which notification is issued. There shall be no maximum age limit.
Eligibilit Criretia for the choice of subject under pard – C
(G.O.Ms.No. 92, Education (SE-Trg-I) Department, dated 16-11-2006 and the amendments thereafter).
- Mathematics : Candidate with B.A./B.Sc. /B.E/B.Tech. with mathematics as one of the subjects or B.C.A candidates with Mathematics at intermediate level as a group subject.
- Physical Sciences : Candidates with B.Sc/B.E/B.Tech who have studied Physics and Chemistry or Allied Material Sciences as one of the subjects or BCA candidates with Physical Sciences (Physics and Chemistry) at intermediate level as group subject.
- Biological Sciences : Candidates with B.Sc./B.Sc.(Home Science)who have studied Botany and Zoology or Allied Life Sciences under Part-II group subjects or B.C.A. Candidates with Biological Sciences at Intermediate level as group subject
- Social Studies : All candidates with B.A./B.Com./B.B.M. or B.C.A. candidates with Social Sciences at intermediate level as group subject.
- English : Candidates with B.A Special English / B.A . English literature or M.A. English.
TS EdCET 2017 Exam Scheme
The common entrance test will be of objective type(multiple choice) examination. Candidate has to answer 150 questions in two hours time. The question paper will be in English and Telugu except for English methodology. However, candidates opting to write the Entrance Test in Urdu medium will be served with Urdu paper and such candidates shall opt Hyderabad Only as test centre.
- General English : 25 questions for 25 marks
- General Knowledge : 15 questions for 15 marks
- Teaching Aptitude : 10 questions for 10 marks
Methodology: Candidate has to choose one of the following subjects. It consists of 100 questions for 100 marks.
- Mathematics : 100 questions for 100 marks
- Physical Sciences : 100 questions for 100 marks (Physics – 50 questions for 50 marks and Chemistry – 50 questions for 50 marks)
- Biological Sciences : 100 questions for 100 marks (Botany – 50 questions for 50 marks and Zoology – 50 questions for 50 marks)
- Social Studies : 100 questions for 100 marks (Geography – 35 questions for 35 marks; History – 30 questions for 30 marks; Civics – 15 questions for 15 marks; Economics – 20 questions for 20 marks)
- English : 100 questions for 100 marks
Note: Part-A and Part-B are common for all the candidates irrespective of Methodology chosen in Part-C
Qualifying Marks : The qualifying marks in the Entrance Test for all candidates (except SC/ST) is 37 out of total marks (i.e.25%).For the candidates belonging to SC/ST communities there will be no qualifying marks for ranking.
TS Ed.CET-2017 Test Centre with Code
TS Ed.CET – 2017 Common Entrance Test will be held at the following Centres.
|Test Centre||Code||Test Centre||Code|
TS EdCET 2017 Result
Result of TS EdCET 2017 will be announced by Osmania University on the mentioned above date. The link to check TS EdCET 2017 result is also available here. Candidates are advised to visit our page regularly for latest updates.
- Candidates will be ranked in each methodology in the order of merit on the basis of marks obtained in TS EdCET – 2017 examination. Where there is a tie in total marks, Part-C marks will be taken into account to decide relative ranking. In case of further tie, the marks obtained in Part-A will be taken into account to decide relative ranking.
- In case of candidates getting equal marks in each of the parts of the test paper, they shall be bracketed for the purpose of award of rank. At the time of admission into the course, age shall be taken into consideration for relative ranking among the bracketed candidates and the older candidates shall be given priority.
- The rank obtained in TS Ed.CET – 2017 is valid for entry into B.Ed. course for the academic year 2017- 2018 only.
TS EdCET Syllabus
If above window does not load, Click here to view/ download the TS EdCET 2017 Syllabus.
TS EdCET Model Paper
TS EdCET 2017 Model Paper will be released by TSCHE soon. For now, Candidates can check and download the last year TS EdCET Sample Paper for B.Ed (Two years) Regular Course here. Students can prepare better with the help of Model Paper of TS EdCET 2017.
TS EdCET Answer Key 2016
Answer Key of Telangana State Education Common Entrance Test 2016 (TS EdCET 2016) has been published. Earlier examination was held on 27 May 2016. Now candidates can check answer key for the same through the link provided below.
Get TS EdCET Answer Key 2016 here:-
For more details of TS EdCET 2017 – Download Information Brochure.