UPCATET is also known as UP Combined Agriculture and Technology Entrance Test is a state level entrance exam which is conducting by Narendra Deva University of Agriculture & Technology, Kumarganj, Ayodhya. The entrance exam is conducted to provide admission to Uttar Pradesh State domicile candidates in Agricultural and Science programmes. Candidates who clear Class 12th fulfill the UPCATET eligibility criteria for UG courses. Also, candidates who hold a graduation degree meet UPCATET eligibility criteria for PG courses.
Every year thousands of students appear for UPCATET. Candidate can check the Exam dates for UPCATET in the table below. Interested and eligible aspirants shall be able to apply for UPCATET through online mode. Aadhar Card is now mandatory for the registration.
Courses Offered in UG and PG Programmes
- Chitkara University AdmissionChitkara University Admission Apply Now!!
- Chandigarh University AdmissionChandigarh University Admission Apply Now!!
- Sharda University Application (Scholarship upto 100%)SUAT 2020 Application Apply Now!!
- Amity University Admission Apply Now!!Amity University Admission
The following courses are offered under Undergraduate and Postgraduate programmes:
|BSc (Hons) Agriculture||B.Sc (Hons) Horticulture|
|B Sc (Hons) Forestry||B.Sc (Hons) Home Science|
|B V Sc & AH||B.F.Sc|
|B Tech Biotechnology||B.Tech Agriculture Engineering|
|B Tech Dairy Technology||B.Tech Computer Science|
|B Tech Mechanical Engineering||B.Tech Electronics & Communication Engineering|
|MSc Agriculture||M Sc Home Science|
|MSc Veterinary Science||MSc Horticulture|
|M V Sc||MBA Agri. Business|
UPCATET Eligibility Criteria
For BSc Courses
- BSc (Honours) Agriculture/ BSc (Honours) Horticulture/ BSc (Honours) Forestry/ Bachelor in Fisheries Science (B F Sc): Candidates should have cleared Class 12th with Agricultural Science/ Physics, Chemistry, Biology (PCB)/ Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics (PCM)/ Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology (PCMB) subject
- BVSc & AH: Candidates should have cleared Class 12th in PCB/ PCMB stream with English as a subject. Also, candidates should have scored at least 50% (for SC/ST minimum marks will be 47.5%) in PCB and English subject.
- BSc (Honours) Home Science: Candidates should have cleared Class 12th in Arts stream with Home Science/ PCB/ PCM/ PCMB/ Agricultural Science subject. As per the official site of UPCATET, only female candidates an opt for this course
For MSc Courses
- MSc Agriculture Biochemistry/ MSc Agricultural Economics/ Agricultural Economics & Management/ Agronomy/ Animal Husbandry/ Dairy Technology/ Livestock Production and Management/ Genetics & Plant Breeding/ Soil Science/ Soil Science & Agriculture Chemistry: Should have cleared BSc Agriculture/ BSc (Honours) Agriculture in 10+2+4 years pattern.
- MSc Home Science: Should have passed BSc (H Sc)/ BSc (Honours) Home Science in 10+2+4 years pattern. However, candidates holding a three-year degree are not eligible to apply.
- MSc Agriculture Biotechnology: Candidates should have passed BSc Agriculture/ BSc (Honours) Agriculture/ BSc Horticulture/ B Tech Biotechnology in 10+2+4 years pattern.
- MSc Agricultural Extension/ Extension Education: Candidates should have passed BSc Agriculture/ BSc (Honours) Agriculture/ BSc Horticulture/ BSc Forestry/ BF.Sc in 10+2+4 years pattern.
- MSc Agricultural Meteorology/ Horticulture/ Nematology: Should have passed BSc Agriculture/ BSc (Honours) Agriculture/ BSc Horticulture in 10+2+4 years pattern.
- MSc Agricultural Statistics: Candidates should have passed BSc Agriculture/ BSc (Honours) Agriculture/ BSc Horticulture in 10+2+4 years pattern. Also, he/she must have passed Class 12th with Mathematics as a mandatory subject.
- MSc Entomology/ Plant Pathology/ Plant Physiology/ Crop Physiology/ Seed Science & Technology/ Soil Conservation & Water Management: Candidates should have passed BSc Agriculture/ BSc (Honours) Agriculture/ BSc Horticulture/ BSc Forestry in 10+2+4 years pattern.
- MVSc: Candidates should have passed BVSc & AH with CGPA 5.50 (5.00 for SC/ST) out of 10. Also, candidates must be registered in VCI, New Delhi or State Veterinary Council.
UPCATET Examination Pattern
UPCATET Exam Pattern for UG Courses
UPCATET exam pattern for UG courses is such that the question paper contain a total of 200 multiple choice questions of 600 marks that candidates need to complete in three hours duration. The question paper becomes both in English and Hindi languages.
Marking scheme: For each correct answer three marks is awarded and one mark is deducted for each incorrect answer.
There is four groups of UPCATET question paper for UG course admissions as given below:
|PCB (Physics, Chemistry, Biology stream)||01|
|PCM (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics stream)||02|
|PAG (Agriculture stream)||03|
|PHS (Art stream with Home Science)||04|
UPCATET Syllabus for BSc Courses
The syllabus for BSc course admissions is same as prescribed by the UP board for Class 12th exams in the concerned subject.
UPCATET Syllabus for MSc Courses
The syllabus for MSc course admissions is same as the syllabus for undergraduate courses in the concerned subject.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.