GITAM GAT 2015
GITAM Admission Test (GAT 2015) is a computer based online test conducted for admission to UG & PG Technology & Pharmacy Programs in GITAM University at its Visakhapatnam, Hyderabad and Bengaluru Campuses. Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management (GITAM), a deemed to be university u/s 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, known as GITAM University is a premier educational institution in the country having 32 years of track record in teaching and research of global standards. The University is located in three picturesque campuses at Visakhapatnam, Hyderabad and Bengaluru. With a multi disciplinary approach, the University offers 109 programmes at UG, PG and Doctoral levels in Technology, Science, Pharmacy, Management, International Business, Architecture and Law.
|Last Date of Receipt of filled in Applications||31st March 2015|
|Online Slot booking||09th to 15th April 2015|
|Download of E-Hall-Tickets||09th April 2015 onwards|
|Online Tests at different Centers||20th April to 10th May 2015|
|Announcement of Test Results||16th May 2015|
|Counseling for Admissions||2nd Week of June 2015|
GITAM GAT 2015 Important Information
- Candidates should arrive at the test centre one hour before the scheduled time. There will be an on-site orientation prior to the start of the test. If a candidate arrives after the on- site orientation begins, he/she will not be allowed to take the test. If candidates do not report on time, they are likely to miss some of the general instructions relating to the test. The test hall will be opened 30 minutes before the commencement of the test.
- The candidate is expected to have basic familiarity with use of computer like use of keyboard and mouse operation. It is the responsibility of the candidate to acquire these skills before appearing for the test and the University cannot take any responsibility for the same.
- The questions are generated from a large question bank and all the candidates will get different question sets. An expert committee will ensure that the question sets are of equal standard level, content, question type etc. In this matter, the decision of the University is final and binding on the candidate.
- The candidate must ensure that the computer allotted to him/her is switched on and any problem with the computer is to be intimated to the Proctor immediately. All the questions will be in English medium only. All the questions will be of multiple choice.
- Each question carries 3 marks. Each correct answer will be awarded 3 marks. 1 mark will be deducted from the socre for each wrong answer. The unanswered questions will receive nil marks.
- Score Report: On completion of the test, the computer will display the result in terms of number of total correct answers and wrong answers, with the score.
- No student will be allowed to repeat the test in the same year.
- The ranks secured by the candidates will be announced within 10 days from the date of completion of GAT-2015.
GITAM GAT 2015 Test Centres
The University will conduct the Online Admission Test at the following test centers, depending upon the number of applications received for each centre.
The final list of centres will be announced to candidates through the website www.gitam.edu. The University reserves the right to cancel any test centre and in such a case, candidates allotted to these centres will be accommodated in alternate test centres.
GITAM GAT Courses Offered 2015 – B.Tech., B.Arch., & B.Pharmacy
|4 Year B.Tech. Programs||Visakhapatnam Campus||Hyderabad Campus||Bengaluru Campus|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering|
|Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering|
|Computer Science & Engineering|
|Electrical & Electronics Engineering|
|6 Year Dual Degree (B.Tech.+M.Tech.)|
|B.Tech. + M.Tech. (ECE)|
|B.Tech. + M.Tech. (Mechanical)|
|5 Year Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.)||–||–|
|4 Year B.Pharmacy||–||–|
GITAM GAT Courses Offered 2015 – M.Tech.
|S.No.||M.Tech. Program (2 Years)||Programs Offered|
|Visakhapatnam Campus||Hyderabad Campus|
|1||Computer Science and Technology (CST)|
|2||Software Engineering (SE)||–|
|3||Information Technology (IT)||–|
|4||RF & Microwave Engineering (RF & ME)||–|
|6||Digital Systems & Signal Processing (DSSP)||–|
|8||Electronic Instrumentation (EI)||–|
|9||Structural Engg. & Natural Disaster Management (SENDM)||–|
|10||Power Systems and Automation (PSA)|
|11||Machine Design (MD)||–|
|13||Industrial Engineering & Management (IEM)||–|
|15||Food Processing Technology (FPT)||–|
GITAM GAT Courses Offered 2015 – M.Pharmacy (2 Years)
|1.||M.Pharm. in Pharmaceutics|
|2.||M.Pharm. in Pharmacology|
|3.||M.Pharm. in Pharmaceutical Analysis & Quality Assurance|
|4.||M.Pharm. in Pharmaceutical Chemistry|
Merit List for Admissions
- The merit position of the candidate for admission will be based on the score obtained in the GAT-2015 subject to the rule of reservation as per UGC guidelines / norms as applicable to the University. A candidate qualified in GAT-2015 will be eligible for admission only if he/she fulfils the requirement of minimum marks in the qualifying examination as per the eligibility criteria.
- 25% of seats are reserved for meritorious students from Karnataka State for admission at Bengaluru Campus.
Direct Admission to Board Toppers: First rank holders of the central and all state board examinations – 2015, equivalent to 10+2 will be given admission to the program of their choice, without appearing for the GAT examination subject to their fulfilling the prescribed eligibility criteria mentioned above. However they have to submit an application seeking admission to B.Tech. programs.
Special Provision for Female Candidates GAT-2015 registration fee for female candidates is Rs. 600/- only. Further, the University will try its best to accommodate all female candidates at the test centre of their first preference.
GITAM GAT Fee Structure 2015
Excepted Fees Structure – University Fee has to be paid at the counseling centre on allotment of seat as per the following fee structure.
|B.Tech. (Except Aeronautical)||4 years||1,65,000||20,900||1,85,900||1,85,900||1,85,900||1,85,900||—–|
|B.Tech Aeronautical Engg.||4 years||2,45,000||27,800||2,72,800||2,72,800||2,72,800||2,72,800||—–|
|Integrated Dual Degree (B.Tech. + M.Tech)||5 years||1,80,000||26,250||2,06,250||2,06,250||2,06,250||2,06,250||2,06,250|
The University offers financial assistance to the deserving meritorious candidates as follows: Merit Scholarships will be offered by way of tuition fee waiver for top 100 rankers of GAT (UGT) 2015.
|Rank||Tuition Fee Exempted for First year|
The continuation of these scholarships for the subsequent years will depend upon their academic performance.
- Merit–cum-Means Scholarships will be awarded to 5% of students in each department of the academic institutes of the University @ Rs.2,000/- per month depending upon merit of the student and income of the parent.
- Merit Scholarships will be awarded to GATE qualified students of M.Tech. under TEQUIP-II project, subject to a maximum of three students in each program @ Rs. 8,000/- per month.
- Stipends / Teaching Assistantships will be offered to meritorious students of M.Tech., depending upon the need and availability of suitable candidates, subject to a maximum of three students in each department @ Rs.5,000/- per month.