GITAM GAT 2015
GITAM Admission Test (GAT 2015) is a computer based online test conducted for admission to UG & PG Technology & Pharmacy Programs in GITAM University at its Visakhapatnam, Hyderabad and Bengaluru Campuses. Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management (GITAM), a deemed to be university u/s 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, known as GITAM University is a premier educational institution in the country having 32 years of track record in teaching and research of global standards. The University is located in three picturesque campuses at Visakhapatnam, Hyderabad and Bengaluru. With a multi disciplinary approach, the University offers 109 programmes at UG, PG and Doctoral levels in Technology, Science, Pharmacy, Management, International Business, Architecture and Law.
|Last Date of Receipt of filled in Applications||31st March 2015|
|Online Slot booking||09th to 15th April 2015|
|Download of E-Hall-Tickets||09th April 2015 onwards|
|Online Tests at different Centers||20th April to 10th May 2015|
|Announcement of Test Results||16th May 2015|
|Counseling for Admissions||2nd Week of June 2015|
GITAM GAT Eligibility
GITAM GAT Eligibility Criteria 2015 – B.Tech., B.Arch. & B.Pharmacy GAT (UGTP)
The following are the criteria for admission to B.Tech. Programs:
Pass in Intermediate or 12th examination from a recognized Central / State Board or its equivalent either in 2015 or 2014 subject to the following criteria:
- B.Tech. Programs : A minimum of 60% aggregate marks in Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry and First Class or equivalent grade in the qualifying examination.
- B.Tech. in Biotechnology: A minimum of 60% aggregate marks in Mathematics/ Biology, Physics & Chemistry and First Class or equivalent grade in the qualifying examination.
- B.Pharmacy: A minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the qualifying examination with Mathematics/ Biology, Physics & Chemistry subjects.
- B.Arch: A minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the qualifying Examination with Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry subjects and also shall qualify in NATA / JEE (Main)/
Rank obtained in GAT (UGTP).
Note: Students who passed Intermedaite or 10+2 examination in 2012 or earlier are NOT eligible to appear for GAT-2015.
GITAM GAT Eligibility Criteria 2015 – M.Tech. GAT (PGT)
Pass in the Qualifying Examination as specified below with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent grade and Score obtained in GAT (PGT) 2015.
|CST||B.E./B.Tech./AMIE in any branch of Engineering or its equivalent|
|SE||B.E./B.Tech./AMIE in CSE / IT / ECE / EEE / EI / CSIT or its equivalent|
|IT||B.E./B.Tech./AMIE in any branch of Engineering or its equivalent|
|RF & ME||B.E./B/Tech./AMIE in ECE or its equivalent|
|VLSI Design||B.E./B.Tech./AMIE in ECE / EEE / EIE / CSE / IT or its equivalent|
|DSSP||B.E./B.Tech./AMIE in ECE / EEE / EIE / CSE / IT or its equivalent|
|EI||B.E./B.Tech./AMIE in ECE / EEE / EIE / Instrumentation or its equivalent|
|EBS||B.E./B.Tech./AMIE in ECE / EEE / EIE / Instrumentation / CSE / IT or its equivalent|
|SE & NDM||B.E./B.Tech./AMIE in ECE / EEE / EIE / Instrumentation or its equivalent|
|PS&A||B.E./B.Tech./AMIE in EEE or its equivalent|
|MD||B.E./B.Tech./AMIE in Mechanical/Production /Automobile /Marine /Aerospace or its equivalent|
|CAD/CAM||B.E./B.Tech./AMIE in Mechanical/Production /Automobile /Marine / Aerospace or its equivalent.|
|IE&M||Any Engineering Degree or its equivalent|
|Biotechnology||B.Tech. in Biotechnology or B.Pharm or equivalent or B.Tech. Chemical Engineering or M.Sc.
in Chemistry /Microbiology / Bioinformatics / Biotechnology) with proficiency in basic Biology
with proficiency in basic Mathematics.
|FPT||B.Tech. Bio-Technology/Food Technology/Chemical Engineering/B.Pharmacy and MSC in
Chemistry / Food Science with Proficiency in Basic Biology and Biotechnology or MSC in any
area of Biological Science with Proficiency in Basic Mathematics.
GITAM GAT Eligibility Criteria 2015 – M.Pharmacy GAT (PGP)
Pass in B.Pharmacy from recognized university with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent grade and Score obtained in GAT (PGP) 2015.
Merit List for Admissions
- The merit position of the candidate for admission will be based on the score obtained in the GAT-2015 subject to the rule of reservation as per UGC guidelines / norms as applicable to the University. A candidate qualified in GAT-2015 will be eligible for admission only if he/she fulfils the requirement of minimum marks in the qualifying examination as per the eligibility criteria.
- 25% of seats are reserved for meritorious students from Karnataka State for admission at Bengaluru Campus.
Direct Admission to Board Toppers: First rank holders of the central and all state board examinations – 2015, equivalent to 10+2 will be given admission to the program of their choice, without appearing for the GAT examination subject to their fulfilling the prescribed eligibility criteria mentioned above. However they have to submit an application seeking admission to B.Tech. programs.
Special Provision for Female Candidates GAT-2015 registration fee for female candidates is Rs. 600/- only. Further, the University will try its best to accommodate all female candidates at the test centre of their first preference.
GITAM GAT Fee Structure 2015
Excepted Fees Structure – University Fee has to be paid at the counseling centre on allotment of seat as per the following fee structure.
|B.Tech. (Except Aeronautical)||4 years||1,65,000||20,900||1,85,900||1,85,900||1,85,900||1,85,900||—–|
|B.Tech Aeronautical Engg.||4 years||2,45,000||27,800||2,72,800||2,72,800||2,72,800||2,72,800||—–|
|Integrated Dual Degree (B.Tech. + M.Tech)||5 years||1,80,000||26,250||2,06,250||2,06,250||2,06,250||2,06,250||2,06,250|
The University offers financial assistance to the deserving meritorious candidates as follows: Merit Scholarships will be offered by way of tuition fee waiver for top 100 rankers of GAT (UGT) 2015.
|Rank||Tuition Fee Exempted for First year|
The continuation of these scholarships for the subsequent years will depend upon their academic performance.
- Merit–cum-Means Scholarships will be awarded to 5% of students in each department of the academic institutes of the University @ Rs.2,000/- per month depending upon merit of the student and income of the parent.
- Merit Scholarships will be awarded to GATE qualified students of M.Tech. under TEQUIP-II project, subject to a maximum of three students in each program @ Rs. 8,000/- per month.
- Stipends / Teaching Assistantships will be offered to meritorious students of M.Tech., depending upon the need and availability of suitable candidates, subject to a maximum of three students in each department @ Rs.5,000/- per month.