GITAM GAT 2016
GITAM Admission Test (GAT 2016) is a computer based online test conducted for admission to UG & PG Technology & Pharmacy Programs in GITAM University at its Visakhapatnam, Hyderabad and Bengaluru Campuses. Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management (GITAM), a deemed to be university u/s 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, known as GITAM University is a premier educational institution in the country having 32 years of track record in teaching and research of global standards. The University is located in three picturesque campuses at Visakhapatnam, Hyderabad and Bengaluru. With a multi disciplinary approach, the University offers 109 programmes at UG, PG and Doctoral levels in Technology, Science, Pharmacy, Management, International Business, Architecture and Law.
Schedule for the GITAM GAT 2016 is given below.
|Last Date of Receipt of filled in Applications||02 April 2016|
|Online Slot booking||11 to 15 April 2016|
|Download of E-Hall-Tickets||11 April 2016 onwards|
|Online Tests at different Centers||19 April to 08 May 2016|
|Announcement of Test Results||16 May 2016|
|Counseling for Admissions (2016-17)||09 to 16 June 2016|
- Application Form for all exams
- Admit Card for all exams
- Slot Booking
- Result for all exams
GITAM GAT Eligibility
GITAM GAT Eligibility Criteria 2016 – B.Tech., B.Arch. & B.Pharmacy GAT (UGTP)
The following are the criteria for admission to B.Tech. Programs:
Pass in Intermediate or 12th examination from a recognized Central / State Board or its equivalent either in 2016 or 2015 subject to the following criteria:
- B.Tech. Programs : A minimum of 60% aggregate marks in Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry and First Class or equivalent grade in the qualifying examination.
- B.Tech. in Biotechnology: A minimum of 60% aggregate marks in Mathematics/ Biology, Physics & Chemistry and First Class or equivalent grade in the qualifying examination.
- B.Pharmacy: A minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the qualifying examination with Mathematics/ Biology, Physics & Chemistry subjects.
- B.Arch: A minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the qualifying Examination with Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry subjects and also shall qualify in NATA / JEE (Main)/
Rank obtained in GAT (UGTP) 2016.
Note: Students who passed Intermedaite or 10+2 examination in 2014 or earlier are NOT eligible to appear for GAT-2016.
GITAM GAT Eligibility Criteria 2016 – M.Tech. GAT (PGT)
Pass in the Qualifying Examination as specified below with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent grade and Score obtained in GAT (PGT) 2016.
|M.Tech. Program||Qualifying Examination|
|CST||B.E./B.Tech./AMIE in any branch of Engineering or its equivalent|
|SE||B.E./B.Tech./AMIE in CSE / IT / ECE / EEE / EI / CSIT or its equivalent|
|IT||B.E./B.Tech./AMIE in any branch of Engineering or its equivalent|
|DS||B.E/B.Tech/ AMIE or equivalent in any branch of Specialization or Masters Degree in Physics, Statistics, Mathematics or Applied Mathematics, Applied Statistics, M.Sc in Computer Science or MCA|
|RF & ME||B.E./B/Tech./AMIE in ECE or its equivalent|
|VLSI Design||B.E./B.Tech./AMIE in ECE / EEE / EIE / Instrumentation / CSE / IT or its equivalent|
|DSSP||B.E./B.Tech./AMIE in ECE / EEE / EIE / CSE / IT or its equivalent|
|EBS||B.E./B.Tech./AMIE in ECE / EEE / EIE / Instrumentation / CSE / IT or its equivalent|
|EI||B.E./B.Tech./AMIE in ECE / EEE / EIE / Instrumentation or its equivalent|
|SE & NDM||B.E./B.Tech./AMIE in Civil Engineering or its equivalent|
|PS&A||B.E./B.Tech./AMIE in EEE or its equivalent|
|MD||B.E./B.Tech./AMIE in Mechanical/Production /Automobile /Marine /Aerospace or its equivalent|
|CAD/CAM||B.E./B.Tech./AMIE in Mechanical/Production /Automobile /Marine / Aerospace or its equivalent.|
|CADME||B.E./B.Tech./AMIE in Mechanical/Production /Automobile /Marine / Aerospace or its equivalent.|
|IE&M||Any Engineering Degree or its equivalent|
|Biotechnology||B.Tech. in Biotechnology or B.Pharm or equivalent or B.Tech. Chemical Engineering or M.Sc.in Chemistry /Microbiology / Bioinformatics / Biotechnology) with proficiency in basic Biology with proficiency in basic Mathematics.|
|FPT||B.Tech. Bio-Technology/Food Technology/Chemical Engineering/B.Pharmacy and M.Sc. in Chemistry / Food Science with Proficiency in Basic Biology and Biotechnology or MSC in any area of Biological Science with Proficiency in Basic Mathematics.|
GAT 2016 Online Test Centres
The University will conduct the Online Admission Test at the following 44 test centres , depending upon the number of applications received aganist each test centre.
|Bellary||Hyderabad (GITAM Campus)||Kota||Pune|
|Bengaluru (GITAM Campus)||Hyderabad (Saigabad)||Kurnool||Raipur|
|Bengaluru (City)||Hyderabad (Nagloe)||Lucknow||Rajahmundry|
- The final list of centres will be announced to candidates through the website www.gitam.edu. The University reserves the right to cancel any test centre and in such a case, candidates allotted to these centres will be accommodated in alternate test centres.
- Candidates are advised to note that depending on the administrative convenience, tests may be conducted only for a limited number of days in some of the centres. The final list of test centres, venues and days of test will be announced only after all the applications are received and candidates will be informed of the same through the university website to enable the candidates to choose their centre, date and time for the test as per their convenience and availability of slots in any of the aforesaid centres. Candidates should indicate 3 different test centres, in order of preference, in the application for consideration by the University.
- The candidate has to register his/her name at the registration counter in the test centre. The e-hall tickets of the candidates will be verified by the proctor to confirm each candidate’s identity. The candidate has to produce any one of the following for personal identification: Passport / Driving licence / EC voter ID card / IT PAN card / Aadhar Card / School or College photo bearing ID card. Each candidate will be given a seat with a computer. Candidate must take the allotted seat at least 15 minutes before the test commences.
- Candidates will not be allowed to carry any textual material, printed or written, bits of papers or any other material except the e-hall ticket into the test hall. Candidates are also not permitted to bring calculators, slide rules, Clark tables and electronic watches with facilities of calculators, laptop or palmtop computers, personal stereo systems, walkie- talkie sets, mobile phones, paging devices or any other object/device that is likely to be of unfair assistance.
- No candidate will be allowed to go outside the test hall till the completion of the entire duration of the test. Once a candidate leaves the hall, he/she cannot re-enter under any circumstances.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited. Tea, coffee, cold drinks / snacks are not allowed into the test hall. There are no waiting facilities for family and friends at the test centre.
- Candidates should maintain perfect silence. All actions of the candidate in the test hall will be closely monitored using web cam and closed circuit cameras. Any conversation or gesticulation or disturbance in the test hall shall be deemed as misbehavior and if any candidate is found using unfair means or impersonation, his/her candidature will be cancelled and they will be liable to be debarred from taking examination either permanently or for a specified period, as decided by the University. The University reserves the right to withhold result of such candidates.
- Candidates must sign the attendance sheet in the presence of the invigilator. The candidate must fully obey the rules of the test centres, otherwise he / she will be automatically debarred from the test.
- In rare and unlikely event of a technical failure during the test, the candidate may be required to take the test again.
About GAT – 2016
- Candidates should arrive at the test centre one hour before the scheduled time. There will be an on-site orientation prior to the start of the test. If a candidate arrives after the on- site orientation begins, he/she will not be allowed to take the test. If candidates do not report on time, they are likely to miss some of the general instructions relating to the test. The test hall will be opened 30 minutes before the commencement of the test.
- The candidate is expected to have basic familiarity with use of computer like use of keyboard and mouse operation. It is the responsibility of the candidate to acquire these skills before appearing for the test and the University cannot take any responsibility for the same.
- The questions are generated from a large question bank and all the candidates will get different question sets. An expert committee will ensure that the question sets are of equal standard level, content, question type etc. In this matter, the decision of the University is final and binding on the candidate.
- The candidate must ensure that the computer allotted to him/her is switched on and any problem with the computer is to be intimated to the Proctor immediately. All the questions will be in English medium only. All the questions will be of multiple choice.
- Each question carries 3 marks. Each correct answer will be awarded 3 marks. 1 mark will be deducted from the socre for each wrong answer. The unanswered questions will receive nil marks.
- Score Report: On completion of the test, the computer will display the result in terms of number of total correct answers and wrong answers, with the score.
- No student will be allowed to repeat the test in the same year.
- The ranks secured by the candidates will be announced within 10 days from the date of completion of GAT-2016.
Merit List for Admissions
- The merit position of the candidate for admission will be based on the score obtained in the GAT – 2016 subject to the rule of reservation as per UGC guidelines / norms as applicable to the University. A candidate qualified in GAT – 2016 will be eligible for admission only if he/she fulfils the requirement of minimum marks in the qualifying examination as per the eligibility criteria.
- 25% of seats are reserved for meritorious students from Karnataka State for admission at Bengaluru Campus.
Direct Admission to Board Toppers
First rank holders of the central and all state board examinations – 2016, equivalent to 10+2 will be given admission to the program of their choice, without appearing for the GAT examination subject to their fulfilling the prescribed eligibility criteria mentioned above. However they have to submit an application seeking admission to B.Tech. programs in the University.
Special Provision for Female Candidates
GAT-2016 registration fee for female candidates is Rs. 600/- only. Further, the University will try its best to accommodate all female candidates at the test centre of their first preference.
The University offers financial assistance to the deserving meritorious candidates as follows:
- Merit Scholarships will be offered by way of tuition fee waiver for top 100 rankers of GAT (UGTP) 2016.
Rank Tuition Fee Exempted for First year 1-10 100 % 11-100 50 %
The continuation of these scholarships for the subsequent years will depend upon their academic performance.
- Merit-cum-Means Scholarships will be awarded to 5% of students in each department of the academic institutes of the University @ Rs. 2,000/- per month depending upon merit of the student and income of the parent.
- Merit Scholarships will be awarded to GATE qualified students of M.Tech. under TEQUIP-II project, subject to a maximum of three students in each program @ Rs. 8,000/- per month.
- Stipends / Teaching Assistantships will be offered to meritorious students of M.Tech. & M.Pharmacy depending upon the need and availability of suitable candidates, subject to a maximum of three students in each program @ Rs. 5,000/- per month.
- HALL TICKETS will not be sent by post.
- The University is not responsible for delay in receipt or loss of Application.
- In all matters in the conduct of GAT–2016, the decision of the Vice-Chancellor will be final. All disputes pertaining to GAT–2016 shall be subject to the jurisdiction of Visakhapatnam.
- Every effort has been made by GITAM University to ensure the correctness of the information provided in this document. However, in case of a conflict in interpretation, the decision of Vice Chancellor is final and binding on those who apply for GAT-2016.