Odisha DET 2014
Odisha Diploma Entrance Test, DET Odisha 2014, governed by Department of Employment and Technical Education & Training, Government of Odisha came out with the concept of holding a common entrance test for all the Professional diploma courses of the state. The basic purpose is to select candidates for consideration of admission to the state polytechnics (both government and private) on the basis of the results of a single competitive examination, which would lead to saving of time, energy and expenditure on the part of the candidates in appearing at number of entrance tests.
The DET authority is responsible for conducting the entrance examination, generation of rank and carrying out the counseling process for admission into diploma courses with a view to produce quality technical manpower in the field of Engineering and Technology through the approved Govt./Pvt./self-financed institutions following the norms and standards as prescribed by AICTE.
Odisha 2nd DET 2014
Odisha DET 2014 Quick Links
Odisha DET 2014 Important Information
Odisha DET 2014 Resources
KIND ATTENTION OF DET-2014 APPEARING CANDIDATES
RELATING TO MARK ENTRY
DIPLOMA ENTRANCE TEST – 2014
It is informed that all eligible candidates will be awarded with a RANK according to the merit drawn on the basis of marks secured by a candidate in DET-2014 and marks obtained in the Qualifying Exam with weightage of 60% and 40% respectively. Accordingly the candidate must have to enter the marks secured in the qualifying examination by logging in to the “Candidate Marks Entry” tab under “Application Form for DET 2014” tab / “Mark Entry“ link available in the home page of the website www.detodisha.nic.in
- In case of ICSE candidates the candidate has to enter the unique no in place of roll no and total marks of compulsory subjects of group I and group II
- The candidates applied for 3rd semester Lateral Entry Diploma engineering are hereby instructed to enter the secured marks of their qualifying examination by clicking the mark entry tab of Home page on or before 6th June 2014 failing which their merit list will be drawn by taking the 60 percent secured marks of the DET Examination
- The candidates applied for ist semester Diploma engineering are hereby instructed to enter the secured marks of their qualifying examination by clicking the mark entry tab of Home page on or before 29th May 2014 up to 6 PM failing which their merit list will be drawn by taking the 60 percent secured marks of the DET Examination
All the candidates are hereby instructed to enter their marks secured in the qualifying examination through ONLINE process as mentioned above on or before 20.05.2014 or within Seven (7) days of publication of Qualifying Examination result whichever is later. In case of non-entry of marks secured in the qualifying examination within the above date, the merit list will be drawn taking only 60% weightage of marks secured by a candidate in Diploma Entrance Test-2014. N.B. :
- In respect of CoE Trade, the candidate has to enter total % of marks secured in the BBBT and Advanced Module.
- In case of Model ITI, Choudwar, the candidate has to enter total % of marks secured in the BBBT, Advanced and Specialized Module.
- The candidate has to enter the Roll Number of BBBT Course.
2014 Odisha DET Statistics
|Course||Dip Engg||Lateral Entry||Non Engg|
|No of Candidates submitted application form||62864||21120||846|
|No of Candidates Submitted Qualifying Marks||28640||12914||346|
As per decision of the state government, the web based online counseling system has been adopted for making merit based admission.
The main objectives of web based counseling system are:
- To build strong public interface to minimize travel burdens on counselees and their parents for counseling.
- Providing enough time to counselees for submission, change, delete, reordering of multiple choices from anywhere any time before final locking at nodal centres.
- Availability of required information, queries, reports at different levels.
- Centralized database and centralized monitoring.
- Secured and controlled data access at every level.
- Making the system more transparent and user friendly.