Kerala Polytechnic 2020– The online application form will be released by the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Kerala on the official website polyadmission.org. The online application form will be available from the 4th week of May 2020. This course will offer admission on the basis of marks obtained in 10th and 12th board exams or equivalent to it. Candidates have to submit a separate application form according to categories by paying a fee. There will be two streams of diploma programmes. Stream1: Diploma in Engineering/Technology. Stream2: Diploma in Commercial Practice/Diploma in Computer Application and Business Management In this article, we are providing the information about Kerala Polytechnic Admission 2020 which includes the application form, eligibility and important dates, etc.
Kerala Polytechnic 2020
After this admission candidates will be offered various Diploma engineering courses in private/governmental colleges in the state of Kerala. There is no entrance examination conducted by the board however, admission is done on the merit basis. Candidates can check the important dates related to Kerala Polytechnic 2020 admission procedure here:
|Kerala Polytechnic 2020||Dates|
|Online Submission of Application Form||4th week of May 2020|
|Last Date of Online Submission||2nd week of Jun 2020|
|Last date for submission of hard copy of applications at Polytechnic Colleges||2nd week of Jun 2020|
|Publication of Provisional Rank list & Trial Allotment||2nd week of Jun 2020|
|Last date for Appeal & Revised Options and correction of Application||3rd week of Jun 2020|
|Final Rank List & First allotment list||3rd week of Jun 2020|
|Last Date of Reporting/Joining based on First allotment list||3rd week of Jun 2020|
|Publication of Second allotment list||4th week of Jun 2020|
|Last Date of Reporting/Joining based on Second allotment list||4th week of Jun 2020|
|Publication of Third allotment list||4th week of Jun 2020|
|Last Date of Reporting/Joining based on Third allotment list||1st week of Jul 2020|
|Spot admission (if any) at Nodal Polytechnic College||1st week of Jul 2020|
|Commencement of Induction Programme/ Class||1st week of Jul 2020|
|Spot admission(s) (if any) at Nodal Polytechnic College||2nd week of Jul 2020|
Kerala Polytechnic 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Interested candidates can check the eligibility criteria before filling the application form which is mentioned below:
Domicile: Candidates should be native of Kerala or Central/State/Quasi Government/Public Sector undertaking in Kerala State.
- The candidate should have passed SSLC/THSLC or equivalent examination, with eligibility for higher studies
- Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination with Mathematics, English and Science subjects are eligible to apply for both streams I and stream II.
- Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination with Mathematics and English are eligible to apply for stream II.
- A candidate who has taken more than two chances to secure eligibility for higher studies in SSLC/THSLC or equivalent examinations is not eligible for admission. Appearances for “Betterment” or “SAY” Examination will not be considered as a chance.
- For CBSE/ICSE/Open school candidates the Marks/Grades obtained in Science is considered for calculating grade in science in the place of Physics and Chemistry. In the case of CBSE candidates, only the certificates of Board examination shall be accepted as qualifying certificate and such candidates shall submit an undertaking as shown in Annexure XVII at the time of admission and a copy of the same shall be submitted along with the application. This undertaking need only be submitted by candidates who have passed CBSE Xth during the period 2011-2018.
Hearing Impaired candidates with 60dB or above hearing loss in better ear who have passed SSLC/THSLC or equivalent examination, with eligibility for higher studies are eligible to apply for admission to Special Batches for Hearing Impaired.
- Click here to check eligibility of ITI Trades for Reservation to Diploma Programmes under ITI / KGCE Quota.
- Click here to check eligibility of VHSE courses for Reservation to Diploma Programmes under VHSE Quota.
Duration of the Diploma programmes
All the Diploma programmes are of 6-semester duration spanning a period of 3 years. In addition to this, for Tool & Die Diploma programme compulsory twelve months in-plant training is also part of the programme.
Kerala Polytechnic 2020 Application Form
Interested and eligible candidates can fill the online application form the official website of Kerala University. Follow through the simple steps to fill the application form:
Step 1: Visit the official website of Kerala University
Step 2: Fill all the fields asked there.
Step 3: After filling the application form candidates have to take the printout of their application by using the link “Print Application”
Step 4: Attach all the self-attested documents like mark sheet of SSLC/THSLC or equivalent exam, Domicile Certificate, Caste certificate Nativity certificate, Income certificate, Medical fitness certificate and register the signed application at any of the colleges/Institute
Step 5: Pay the requisite fee
Note: Polytechnic officials will register the application only after proper verification of data furnished by cross-checking with the copies of the certificate produced. A register number will be issued from the Polytechnic College office after registering the application.
- Application for management seats under Aided Programmes to be submitted at respective polytechnics
- Application under NCC Quota
- Application under Sports Quota
- Application under Management Quota
Mode of Payment
The amount should be submitted at the polytechnic college at the time of submission of the application form which was filled online and then printed, along with the prescribed self-attested documents.
Kerala Polytechnic Reservation
Following are the reservation for all the groups:
|Persons with Disabilities||5%|
|ITI/ KGCE Certificate holders||5%|
|Other backward Hindus||3%|
|Latin Catholics and anglo Indian||3%|
|Dheevara and related communities||2%|
|Vishwakarma & related communities||2%|
|Kusavan and related communities||1%|
|Other backward Christians||1%|
Special reservation seats are available in other Polytechnic Colleges and those categories are:
- Reservation for Nominees
- Nominees from Union Territory of Andaman & Nicobar Islands [AN]
- Nominees from Lakshadweep [LD]
- Nominees from Jammu & Kashmir [JK]
- Children of Ex-Servicemen [XS]
- Dependant of Defense personnel, Killed/ Missing/ Disabled in action [DK]
- Children of Serving Defense Personnel [SD]
- Children of CRPF Personnel [CP]
- Anglo Indian Community [AI]
- Certificate holders in Textile Technology [TX]
- Nominees of Motor Vehicle Department [MD]
- Sports Quota [SP]
- NCC Quota [CC]
- Orphan Quota [OR]
- Special Batch for Hearing Impaired Candidates
- Persons with Disabilities (under PWD Scheme)
Kerala Polytechnic Rank List
The Rank list of centralised allotment shall be prepared and published in the Website.
- The rank list of Stream I programmes will be prepared on the basis of Index Score for Stream I calculated and the allotment will be done strictly on the basis of the rank list for these programmes.
The rank list of Stream II programmes will be prepared on the basis of Index Score for Stream 2 calculated and the allotment will be done strictly on the basis of the rank list for these programmes.
Penal Point: 0.5 for candidates who have passed the qualifying examination in second chance.
Bonus Point: Either the candidates who are natives of backward districts namely Pathanamthitta, Idukki, Malappuram, Wayanad, Kasargod or they studied in schools from VIII to X std belonging to any one of the above backward district, a bonus point of 1 will be awarded for the index score calculation for their selection in the respective backward district.
Index score for Stream 1 = TGPA for stream I – Penal Point + Bonus Point
Index score for Stream 2 = TGPA for stream II – Penal Point + Bonus Point
- Grades/Marks of all papers of a subject will be considered separately if the subject has more than 1 paper in the qualifying examination.
- Marks of physics and chemistry or science(if physics and chemistry are not shown separately) will be counted wherever applicable
Selection Procedure of Kerala University 2020
Candidates selected for admission in the allotment in any of the Govt./Govt. Aided/ Self Financing(Govt. Quota) can take a printout of the allotment letter from the website and proceed as follows:
- A selected candidate should report to the allotted Government/ Government Aided/Self-financing (Govt. Quota) Polytechnic College with allotment letter, required fees and all the original documents. It comprises of all original documents including qualification, fee concessions, and reservations, transfer and conduct certificate. The candidate should submit the documents at the institution, get admitted and receive the admission slip and receipt for documents after proper scrutiny by the College authorities.
- Candidates are advised to strictly adhere to the date and time of his / her reporting. No extension of time for reporting to the college will be granted under any circumstance. A candidate who does not turn up for reporting as per allotment, at any of Govt./Aided/Self-financing Polytechnic College and time notified, will forfeit his/her chance for admission.
Note: However, if a candidate is not able to attend in person at the Polytechnic College on the reporting date on genuine grounds, the Parent/ Guardian, or any authorized person can act as proxy at the risk of the candidate on production of authorization letter in the form given in Annexure XVI along with required original documents
Kerala Polytechnic Fees Structure
Fees for the various programmes in Government/ Aided Polytechnic Colleges will be as follows.
|Admission Fee||Rs. 200/-|
|Tuition Fee||Rs. 750/- per semester|
|Special fee (Revenue Portion)||Rs. 700/- per year|
|Special fee (RD Portion)||Rs. 600/- per year|
|Student Amenities Fee||Rs. 350/-|
|Caution deposit||Rs. 500/-|
Fees for Government seat & Management seat in self-financing Polytechnic College
|Tuition Fee (For Government quota seats)||Rs. 22,500/- per year|
|For Management seats||Rs.37,500/- per year|
|Examination permanent registration fee||Rs.1500/- per student|
|Special fees||Rs.2500/ per year|
|Caution Deposit(Refundable at the timeof issue of TC )||Rs.5000/-|
|Interest-free deposit(Refundable at thetime of issue of TC )||Rs. 10000/-|
About Department of Technical Education (DTE)
The Department of Technical Education (DTE) is a higher education governance body under the government of Kerala, India. It is a part of the higher education department and is managed by the Minister of Education. The department advises the government on matters dealing with higher education. It manages the working and activities 9 government engineering colleges, 3 aided engineering colleges, 49 polytechnic colleges, three colleges of fine arts, 39 technical high schools, 17 government commercial institutes, 42 tailoring and garment making training centres and four vocational training centres.
Official Website: www.polyadmission.org
For more details of Kerala Polytechnic Admission 2020, Check Prospectus 2019.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.