Kerala Polytechnic Admission 2019 – Directorate of Technical Education has issued a notification for admission to the Diploma Courses 2019-20 on the official website, which has been approved by the Government of Kerala. The application form for admission to Diploma Courses is available now, last date for submission of online application form is June 11, 2019. Admission is done on the basis of merit as assessed by giving weightage to the marks/grades obtained in the qualifying examination (SSLC/THSLC) or equivalent Examination. In this article, we are providing the information about Kerala Polytechnic Admission 2019 which includes the application form, eligibility and important dates, etc.
Kerala Polytechnic Admission 2019
Candidates have to submit a separate application form according to categories by paying a fee. There will be two streams of diploma programmes
- Stream1: Diploma in Engineering/Technology.
- Stream2: Diploma in Commercial Practice/Diploma in Computer Application and Business Management
|Online Submission of Application Form||28 May 2019|
|Last Date of Online Submission||11 Jun 2019|
|Last date for submission of hard copy of applications at Polytechnic Colleges||12 Jun 2019, 4 pm|
|Publication of Provisional Rank list & Trial Allotment||13 Jun 2019|
|Last date for Appeal & Revised Options and correction of Application||17 Jun 2019|
|Final Rank List & First allotment list||19 Jun 2019|
|Last Date of Reporting/Joining based on First allotment list||22 Jun 2019|
|Publication of Second allotment list||25 Jun 2019|
|Last Date of Reporting/Joining based on Second allotment list||27 Jun 2019|
|Publication of Third allotment list||29 Jun 2019|
|Last Date of Reporting/Joining based on Third allotment list||02 Jul 2019|
|Spot admission (if any) at Nodal Polytechnic College||05 Jul 2019|
|Commencement of Induction Programme/ Class||08 Jul 2019|
|Spot admission(s) (if any) at Nodal Polytechnic College||10 Jul 2019|
Duration of the Diploma programmes
All the Diploma programmes are of 6-semester duration spanning a period of 3 years. In addition to this, for Tool & Die Diploma programme compulsory twelve months in-plant training is also part of the programme.
The candidate should be a citizen of India.
- The candidate should be a native of Kerala or undergone a qualifying examination from an institution in Kerala State or his/her parent should be a permanent employee in Central/State/Quasi Government/Public Sector undertaking in Kerala State.
- The candidate should have passed SSLC/THSLC or equivalent examination, with eligibility for higher studies
- Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination with Mathematics, English and Science subjects are eligible to apply for both stream I and stream II.
- Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination with Mathematics and English are eligible to apply for stream II.
- Candidate who has taken more than two chances to secure eligibility for higher studies in SSLC/THSLC or equivalent examinations is not eligible for admission. Appearances for “Betterment” or “SAY” Examination will not be considered as a chance.
- For CBSE/ICSE/Open school candidates the Marks/Grades obtained in Science is considered for calculating grade in science in the place of Physics and Chemistry. In the case of CBSE candidates, only the certificates of Board examination shall be accepted as qualifying certificate and such candidates shall submit an undertaking as shown in Annexure XVIII at the time of admission and a copy of the same shall be submitted along with the application. This undertaking need only be submitted by candidates who have passed CBSE Xth during the period 2010-2017.
- Hearing Impaired candidates with 60dB or above hearing loss in better ear who have passed SSLC/THSLC or equivalent examination, with eligibility for higher studies are eligible to apply for admission to Special Batches for Hearing Impaired.
- Click here to check eligibility of ITI Trades for Reservation to Diploma Programmes under ITI / KGCE Quota.
- Click here to check eligibility of VHSE courses for Reservation to Diploma Programmes under VHSE Quota.
Candidates can fill the application form in online mode from www.polyadmission.org. After filling the application form candidates have to take the printout of their application by using the link “PRINT APPLICATION”. Candidate should register the hardcopy (printout) of the online application signed by the candidate and parent/ guardian with the required application fee at any convenient Government/ Aided Polytechnic Colleges in the state before the last date along with the documents mentioned in information brochure, which is attached below in this article.
The Rank list of centralised allotment shall be prepared and published in the Website.
- The rank list of Stream I programmes will be prepared on the basis of Index Score for Stream I calculated and the allotment will be done strictly on the basis of the rank list for these programmes.
- The rank list of Stream II programmes will be prepared on the basis of Index Score for Stream 2 calculated and the allotment will be done strictly on the basis of the rank list for these programmes.
Penal Point: 0.5 for candidates who have passed the qualifying examination in second chance.
Bonus Point: Either the candidates who are natives of backward districts namely Pathanamthitta, Idukki, Malappuram, Wayanad, Kasargod or they studied in schools from VIII to X std belonging to any one of the above backward district, a bonus point of 1 will be awarded for the index score calculation for their selection in the respective backward district.
Index score for Stream 1 = TGPA for stream I – Penal Point + Bonus Point
Index score for Stream 2 = TGPA for stream II – Penal Point + Bonus Point
- Grades/Marks of all papers of a subject will be considered separately if the subject has more than 1 paper in the qualifying examination.
- Marks of physics and chemistry or science(if physics and chemistry are not shown separately) will be counted wherever applicable
Candidates selected for admission in the allotment in any of the Govt./Govt. Aided/ Self Financing(Govt. Quota) can take the printout of the allotment letter from the website and proceed as follows:
- A selected candidate should report to the allotted Government/ Government Aided/Self-financing (Govt. Quota) Polytechnic College with allotment letter, required fees and all the original documents. It comprises of all original documents including qualification, fee concessions, and reservations, transfer and conduct certificate. The candidate should submit the documents at the institution, get admitted and receive the admission slip and receipt for documents after proper scrutiny by the College authorities.
- Candidates are advised to strictly adhere to the date and time of his / her reporting. No extension of time for reporting to the college will be granted under any circumstance. A candidate who does not turn up for reporting as per allotment, at any of Govt./Aided/Self-financing Polytechnic College and time notified, will forfeit his/her chance for admission.
Note: However, if a candidate is not able to attend in person at the Polytechnic College on the reporting date on genuine grounds, the Parent/ Guardian, or any authorized person can act as proxy at the risk of the candidate on production of authorization letter in the form given in Annexure XVI along with required original documents
Centralised Allotment Process (CAP)
The Centralised Allotment Process will be done through the Single Window System (SWS) of allotment to give allotment to various programmes and Polytechnic Colleges, based on the options/re-options exercised by the candidates. Candidates can exercise options to a maximum number of 30 of his/her choice (programme and institution combination) eg: chemical engg in Govt. Polytechnic College. Kalamassery can be one option and Mechanical Engg in Cherthala Govt. Polytechnic can be another option. Such type of a maximum of 30 options can be given in an application form. Allotments will be strictly based on the options exercised, Rank obtained and eligible reservations for the candidate. Candidates should register options only to those programmes/ colleges which they are sure to join on the allotment.
Candidates should join the allotted college/programme remitting the required fee within the stipulated time. If the candidate fails to join the college, that allotment will be cancelled and he/she will be considered for higher options only.
The allotment will be published on the website www.polyadmission.org. Separate Memo will not be sent to the selected candidates.
Official Website: www.polyadmission.org
For more details of Kerala Polytechnic Admission 2019, Download Prospectus 2019.