Kerala Polytechnic 2021– The 3rd allotment list has been released by the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Kerala on the official website polyadmission.org. This course has offer admission on the basis of marks obtained in 10th and 12th board exams or equivalent to it. There are two streams of diploma programmes. Stream1: Diploma in Engineering/Technology. Stream2: Diploma in Commercial Practice/Diploma in Computer Application and Business Management In this article, we are providing the information about Kerala Polytechnic Admission 2021 which includes the application form, eligibility and important dates, etc.
Latest: Kerala Polytechnic 2021 3rd allotment list is out. Check here.
Kerala Polytechnic 2021
After this admission candidates will be offered various Diploma engineering courses in private/governmental colleges in the state of Kerala. There is no entrance examination conducted by the board however, admission is done on the merit basis. Candidates can check the important dates related to Kerala Polytechnic 2021 admission procedure here:
Schedule for Kerala Polytechnic 2021 –
|Kerala Polytechnic 2021||Dates|
|Online Submission of Application Form begins||28 July 2021|
|Last Date of Online Submission|
|Publication of Provisional Rank list & Trial Allotment|
|Last date for Appeal & Revised Options and correction of Application|
|Final Rank List & First allotment list|
|Last Date of Reporting/Joining based on allotment list|
|Last date of reporting/ joining based on 2nd allotment|
|Commencement of First-semester class & Induction|
|Last date of reporting/ joining based on 3rd allotment|
|First Spot Admission|
|Second Spot admission (if any)|
Kerala Polytechnic 2021 Allotment – 1 Slip
Click here to go to the Kerala Polytechnic 2021 Allotment – 1 Slip.
Kerala Polytechnic 2021 Final Rank
Click Here to go to the Final Rank page.
Kerala Polytechnic 2021 Last Index Position
Click here to go to the Last Index Position page.
Kerala Polytechnic 2021 Overview
|Name of Institute||Kerala Polytechnic Institute , Kerala|
|Conducting body||Directorate of Technical Education (DTE)|
|Steams||Stream 1 – Diploma course in engineering and Technology|
Stream 2 – Diploma in Commercial Practice/Diploma in Computer Application and Business Management
Kerala Polytechnic 2021 Application Form
Interested and eligible candidates can fill the online application form the official website of Kerala University. Follow through the simple steps to fill the application form:
Step 1: Visit the official website of Kerala University
Step 2: Fill all the fields asked there.
Step 3: After filling the application form candidates have to take the printout of their application by using the link “Print Application”
Step 4: Attach all the self-attested documents like mark sheet of SSLC/THSLC or equivalent exam, Domicile Certificate, Caste certificate Nativity certificate, Income certificate, Medical fitness certificate and register the signed application at any of the colleges/Institute
Step 5: Pay the requisite fee
Note: Polytechnic officials will register the application only after proper verification of data furnished by cross-checking with the copies of the certificate produced. A register number will be issued from the Polytechnic College office after registering the application.
- Application for management seats under Aided Programmes to be submitted at respective polytechnics
- Application under NCC Quota
- Application under Sports Quota
- Application under Management Quota
Mode of Payment
The amount should be submitted at the polytechnic college at the time of submission of the application form which was filled online and then printed, along with the prescribed self-attested documents.
Kerala Polytechnic 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Interested candidates can check the eligibility criteria before filling the application form which is mentioned below:
Domicile: Candidates should be native of Kerala or Central/State/Quasi Government/Public Sector undertaking in Kerala State.
- The candidate should have passed SSLC/THSLC or equivalent examination, with eligibility for higher studies
- Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination with Mathematics, English and Science subjects are eligible to apply for both streams I and stream II.
- Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination with Mathematics and English are eligible to apply for stream II.
- A candidate who has taken more than two chances to secure eligibility for higher studies in SSLC/THSLC or equivalent examinations is not eligible for admission. Appearances for “Betterment” or “SAY” Examination will not be considered as a chance.
- For CBSE/ICSE/Open school candidates the Marks/Grades obtained in Science is considered for calculating grade in science in the place of Physics and Chemistry. In the case of CBSE candidates, only the certificates of Board examination shall be accepted as qualifying certificate and such candidates shall submit an undertaking as shown in Annexure XVII at the time of admission and a copy of the same shall be submitted along with the application. This undertaking need only be submitted by candidates who have passed CBSE Xth during the period 2010-2018.
Age Limit: The candidates should have completed a minimum of 18 years as on 1st June 2021.
Hearing Impaired candidates with 60dB or above hearing loss in better ear who have passed SSLC/THSLC or equivalent examination, with eligibility for higher studies are eligible to apply for admission to Special Batches for Hearing Impaired.
- Click here to check eligibility of ITI Trades for Reservation to Diploma Programmes under ITI / KGCE Quota.
- Click here to check eligibility of VHSE courses for Reservation to Diploma Programmes under VHSE Quota.
Duration of the Diploma programmes
All the Diploma programmes are of 6-semester duration spanning a period of 3 years. In addition to this, for Tool & Die Diploma programme compulsory twelve months in-plant training is also part of the programme.
Kerala Polytechnic 2021 Rank List
The Rank list of centralised allotment is prepared and published in the Website.
- The rank list of Stream I programmes will be prepared on the basis of Index Score for Stream I calculated and the allotment will be done strictly on the basis of the rank list for these programmes.
The rank list of Stream II programmes will be prepared on the basis of Index Score for Stream 2 calculated and the allotment will be done strictly on the basis of the rank list for these programmes.
Penal Point: 0.5 for candidates who have passed the qualifying examination in second chance.
Bonus Point: Either the candidates who are natives of backward districts namely Pathanamthitta, Idukki, Malappuram, Wayanad, Kasargod or they studied in schools from VIII to X std belonging to any one of the above backward district, a bonus point of 1 will be awarded for the index score calculation for their selection in the respective backward district.
Index score for Stream 1 = TGPA for stream I – Penal Point + Bonus Point
Index score for Stream 2 = TGPA for stream II – Penal Point + Bonus Point
- Grades/Marks of all papers of a subject will be considered separately if the subject has more than 1 paper in the qualifying examination.
- Marks of physics and chemistry or science(if physics and chemistry are not shown separately) will be counted wherever applicable
Kerala Polytechnic Reservation
Following are the reservation for all the groups:
|Persons with Disabilities||5%|
|ITI/ KGCE Certificate holders||5%|
|Other backward Hindus||3%|
|Latin Catholics and anglo Indian||3%|
|Dheevara and related communities||2%|
|Vishwakarma & related communities||2%|
|Kusavan and related communities||1%|
|Other backward Christians||1%|
Special reservation seats are available in other Polytechnic Colleges and those categories are:
- Reservation for Nominees
- Nominees from Union Territory of Andaman & Nicobar Islands [AN]
- Nominees from Lakshadweep [LD]
- Nominees from Jammu & Kashmir [JK]
- Children of Ex-Servicemen [XS]
- Dependant of Defense personnel, Killed/ Missing/ Disabled in action [DK]
- Children of Serving Defense Personnel [SD]
- Children of CRPF Personnel [CP]
- Anglo Indian Community [AI]
- Certificate holders in Textile Technology [TX]
- Nominees of Motor Vehicle Department [MD]
- Sports Quota [SP]
- NCC Quota [CC]
- Orphan Quota [OR]
- Special Batch for Hearing Impaired Candidates
- Persons with Disabilities (under PWD Scheme)
Selection Procedure of Kerala University 2021
Candidates selected for admission in the allotment in any of the Govt./Govt. Aided/ Self Financing(Govt. Quota) can take a printout of the allotment letter from the website and proceed as follows:
- A selected candidate should report to the allotted Government/ Government Aided/Self-financing (Govt. Quota) Polytechnic College with allotment letter, required fees and all the original documents. It comprises of all original documents including qualification, fee concessions, and reservations, transfer and conduct certificate. The candidate should submit the documents at the institution, get admitted and receive the admission slip and receipt for documents after proper scrutiny by the College authorities.
- Candidates are advised to strictly adhere to the date and time of his / her reporting. No extension of time for reporting to the college will be granted under any circumstance. A candidate who does not turn up for reporting as per allotment, at any of Govt./Aided/Self-financing Polytechnic College and time notified, will forfeit his/her chance for admission.
Note: However, if a candidate is not able to attend in person at the Polytechnic College on the reporting date on genuine grounds, the Parent/ Guardian, or any authorized person can act as proxy at the risk of the candidate on production of authorization letter in the form given in Annexure XVI along with required original documents
Kerala Polytechnic Fees Structure
Fees for the various programmes in Government/ Aided Polytechnic Colleges will be as follows.
|Admission Fee||Rs. 200/-|
|Tuition Fee||Rs. 750/- per semester|
|Special fee (Revenue Portion)||Rs. 700/- per year|
|Special fee (RD Portion)||Rs. 600/- per year|
|Student Amenities Fee||Rs. 350/-|
|Caution deposit||Rs. 500/-|
Fees for Government seat & Management seat in self-financing Polytechnic College
|Tuition Fee (For Government quota seats)||Rs. 22,500/- per year|
|For Management seats||Rs.37,500/- per year|
|Examination permanent registration fee||Rs.1500/- per student|
|Special fees||Rs.2500/ per year|
|Caution Deposit(Refundable at the timeof issue of TC )||Rs.5000/-|
|Interest-free deposit(Refundable at thetime of issue of TC )||Rs. 10000/-|
About Department of Technical Education (DTE)
The Department of Technical Education (DTE) is a higher education governance body under the government of Kerala, India. It is a part of the higher education department and is managed by the Minister of Education. The department advises the government on matters dealing with higher education. It manages the working and activities 9 government engineering colleges, 3 aided engineering colleges, 49 polytechnic colleges, three colleges of fine arts, 39 technical high schools, 17 government commercial institutes, 42 tailoring and garment making training centres and four vocational training centres.
Cut Off 2019
Click here to check Kerala Polytechnic 2019 Cut Off
Official Website: polyadmission.org
Kerala Polytechnic Admission 2021 – Information Brochure.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.