Kerala Polytechnic Admission 2018 – Directorate of Technical Education has issued a notification various Diploma Courses 2018-19, which has been approved by the Government of Kerala. Admissions will be done on the basis of merit as assessed by giving weightage to the marks/grades obtained in the qualifying examination (SSLC/THSLC). In this article, we are providing the information about Kerala Polytechnic Admission 2018 which includes the application form, eligibility and important dates, etc.
Kerala Polytechnic Admission 2018
There will be two streams of diploma programmes
- Stream1: Diploma in Engineering/Technology.
- Stream2: Diploma in Commercial Practice/Diploma in Computer Application and Business Management
Duration of the Diploma programmes
All the Diploma programmes are of 6 semester duration spanning a period of 3 years. In addition to this, for Tool & Die Diploma programme compulsory twelve month in plant training is also part of the programme. All the Polytechnic Colleges follow credit based semester pattern and outcome based curriculum
|Online Submission of Application Form||14 May 2018|
|Last Date of Online Submission||11 Jun 2018|
|Last date for Registration of applications at Polytechnic Colleges||13 Jun 2018, 4 p.m.|
|Publication of Provisional Rank list & Trial Allotment||18 Jun 2018|
|Last date for Appeal & Submitting Revised Options||22 Jun 2018|
|Final Rank List & First allotment list||26 Jun 2018|
|Last Date of Reporting/Joining based on First allotment list||30 Jun 2018|
|Publication of Second allotment list|
|Last Date of Reporting/Joining based on Second allotment list|
|Publication of Third allotment list|
|Last Date of Reporting/Joining based on Third allotment list|
|Classes for Ist Semester Begins on||16 Jul 2018|
|Publication of Fourth allotment list||17 Jul 2018|
|Last Date of Admission based on Fourth allotment list||21 Jul 2018|
|Spot Admission (If vacancies exist)||25 Jul 2018|
|Admission closes on||31 Jul 2018|
The Second allotment list has been published. Candidates can check the same from the link provided below. They have to enter their application number and date of birth to check the allotment list.
Note* Candidates those who got the first option in this allotment should join at the Allotted Polytechnic College. Also, Candidates those who got fresh allotment should register/report at any
of the Govt/Aided Polytechnic College.
The candidate should be a citizen of India.
- The candidate should be a native of Kerala or undergone a qualifying examination from an institution in Kerala State or his/her parent should be a permanent employee in Central/State/Quasi Government/Public Sector undertaking in Kerala State.
- The candidate should have passed SSLC/THSLC or equivalent examination, with eligibility for higher studies
- Candidates who have passed qualifying examination with Mathematics, English and Science subjects are eligible to apply for both stream I and stream II.
- Candidates who have passed qualifying examination with Mathematics and English are eligible to apply for stream II.
- Candidate who has taken more than two chances to secure eligibility for higher studies in SSLC/THSLC or equivalent examinations is not eligible for admission. Appearances for “Betterment” or “SAY” Examination will not be considered as a chance.
- For CBSE/ICSE candidates the Marks/Grades obtained in Science is considered for calculating grade in science in the place of Physics and Chemistry. In the case of CBSE candidates, only the certificates of Board examination shall be accepted as qualifying certificate and such candidates shall submit an undertaking as shown in annexure XVIII at the time of admission and a copy of the same shall be submitted along with the application.
- Hearing Impaired candidates who have passed SSLC/THSLC or equivalent examination, with eligibility for higher studies with 60dB or above hearing loss in better ear are eligible to apply for admission to Special Batches for Hearing Impaired.
Centralised Allotment Process (CAP)
The Centralised Allotment Process will be done through the Single Window System (SWS) of allotment to give allotment to various programmes and Polytechnic Colleges, based on the options/re-options exercised by the candidates. Candidates can exercise options to a maximum number of 30 of his/her choice (programme and institution combination) eg: chemical engg in Govt. Polytechnic College. Kalamassery can be one option and Mechanical engg in Cherthala Govt. Polytechnic can be another option .Such type of a maximum of 30 options can be given in an application form.. Allotments will be strictly based on the options exercised, Rank obtained and eligible reservations for the candidate. Candidates should register options only to those programmes/ colleges which they are sure to join on allotment. Candidates should join the allotted college/programme remitting required fee and submitting certificates if he/she is allotted with his/her first option, within the stipulated time. If the candidate fails to join the college, he/she will lose the existing allotment and will not be considered for any further allotment.
The allotment will be published in the website www.polyadmission.org. Separate Memo will not be sent to the selected candidates.
Documents to be produced at the time of Admission
- Original certificate of SSLC/THSLC or equivalent examination.
- Original mark list of qualifying examination SSLC/ THSLC or equivalent with a Photocopy of it.
- Original Category Certificate (as applicable)
- Original of the income certificate from Village Officer concerned to the effect that the annual family income is less than /equal to Rs. 1,00,000 or within the limit fixed by Govt. from time to time
Candidates, please refer the information brochure given below for complete details of documents to be produced at the time of Admission.
Candidates selected for admission in the allotment in any of the Govt./Govt. Aided/ Self Financing(Govt. Quota) can take the printout of the allotment letter from the website and proceed as follows:
- A selected candidate who has obtained his/her first option have to join the programme allotted and should report to the allotted Government/ Government Aided/Self financing(Govt. Quota) Polytechnic College with allotment letter, required fees(including PTA and College Development fund) and all the original documents. It comprises of all original eligibility documents including qualification, fee concessions, reservations, transfer and conduct certificate. The candidate should submit the documents at the institution and receive the admission slip after proper scrutiny by the College authorities along with the receipt of documents submitted.
- A candidate who wishes to join the allotted programme and institution other than the first option can do so by cancelling his/her higher options and by reporting to the allotted Government/ Government Aided/Self financing(Govt. Quota) Polytechnic College with allotment letter, required fees(including PTA and College Development fund) and all the original documents. It comprises of all original eligibility documents including qualification, fee concessions, reservations, transfer and conduct certificate. The candidate should submit the documents at the institution and receive the admission slip after proper scrutiny by the College authorities along with the receipt of documents. Since then, the only option for him/her to get a higher option is to attend the spot admission(if any), which may/may not be allowed as decided by the authority and notified just before the spot admission
- A selected candidate who doesnot wish to join the programme allotted, but wish to continue in subsequent allotments of higher choice should report at his/her convenient Government/ Government Aided Polytechnic College with allotment letter and original eligibility certificate (certificates proving qualification and reservation) and submit the higher option retaining format (Annexure XVII) within the stipulated time and receive a confirmation for his/her reporting. However the candidate will continue in the further allotment process until a higher option is allotted. His/her current allotment and lower options will be cancelled.The candidate can modify his/her higher options at the time of reporting. No further opportunity will be given to move to lower options and/or to retain cancelled options. The candidate will be allotted higher options if any, in subsequent allotments if eligible. However the allotment to higher options cannot be claimed as a matter of right as it depends on the availability of vacant seats.
- A candidate who got allotment of his/her choice, fails to report at any of the Government/ Government Aided Polytechnic Colleges within the stipulated time, will forfeit his/her eligibility for the entire admission process.
Candidates are advised to strictly adhere to the date and time of his / her reporting. No extension of time for reporting to the college will be granted under any circumstances. A candidate who does not turn up for reporting as per allotment, at any of Govt./Aided Polytechnic College and time notified, will forfeit his/her chance for admission.
Official Website: www.polyadmission.org
For more details of Kerala Polytechnic Admission 2018 – Download Prospectus.