Kerala Polytechnic Admission 2017 – Directorate of Technical Education has issued a notification various Diploma Courses 2017-18, which has been approved by the Government of Kerala. Admissions will be done on the basis of merit as assessed by giving weightage to the marks/grades obtained in the qualifying examination (SSLC/THSLC). In this article, we are providing the information about Kerala Polytechnic Admission 2017 which includes the application form, eligibility and important dates, etc.
Latest – Kerala Polytechnic 2017 Spot Round Schedule has been released, Check it below.
There will be two streams of diploma programmes
- Stream1: Diploma in Engineering/Technology.
- Stream2: Diploma in Commercial Practice/Diploma in Computer Application and Business Management
Duration of the Diploma programmes
- All the Diploma programmes are of 6 semester duration spanning a period of 3 years. In addition to this, for Tool & Die Diploma programme compulsory twelve month in plant training is also part of the programme. All the Polytechnic Colleges follow credit based semester pattern and outcome based curriculum
Kerala Polytechnic 2017 Spot Admission Schedule – New!
Directorate of Technical Education has released Spot round admission schedule for Kerala Polytechnic 2017 admission. Candidates can check it below.
Spot admission round process are starting from 16 Aug 2017. Candidates under the below mentioned condition are not eligible to participate in the Spot round.
- Who have taken admission in 1st, 2nd & 3rd round
- Who were selected in 4th round
- Who have withdraw their admission before 4th round
Rest whose name are in the merit list can participate and take admission in the Spot round process.
Revised Schedule for Kerala Polytechnic Admission 2017 is given below.
|Online Submission of Application Form||15 May 2017|
|Last Date of Online Submission||09 Jul 2017 (4 PM)|
|Last date for Registration of applications at Polytechnic Colleges||10 Jul 2017 (12 Noon)|
|Publication of Provisional Rank list & Trial Allotment||12 Jul 2017|
|Last date for Appeal & Submitting Revised Options||16 Jul 2017 (4 PM)|
|Final Rank List & First allotment list||18 Jul 2017|
|Last Date of Reporting/Joining based on First allotment list||21 Jul 2017 (4 PM)|
|Publication of Second allotment list||25 Jul 2017|
|Last Date of Reporting/Joining based on Second allotment list||28 Jul 2017 (4 PM)|
|Publication of Third allotment list||31 Jul 2017|
|Last Date of Reporting/Joining based on Third allotment list||03 Aug 2017 (4 PM)|
|Publication of Fourth allotment list||05 Aug 2017|
|Last Date of Admission based on Fourth allotment list||10 Aug 2017 (4 PM)|
|Classes for Ist Semester Begins on||31 Jul 2017|
The candidate should be a citizen of India.
- The candidate should be a native of Kerala or undergone a qualifying examination from an institution in Kerala State or his/her parent should be a permanent employee in Central/State/Quasi Government/Public Sector undertaking in Kerala State.
- The candidate should have passed SSLC/THSLC or equivalent examination, with eligibility for higher studies
- Candidates who have passed qualifying examination with Mathematics, English and Science subjects are eligible to apply for both stream I and stream II.
- Candidates who have passed qualifying examination with Mathematics and English are eligible to apply for stream II.
- Candidate who has taken more than two chances to secure eligibility for higher studies in SSLC/THSLC or equivalent examinations is not eligible for admission. Appearances for “Betterment” or “SAY” Examination will not be considered as a chance.
- For CBSE/ICSE candidates the Marks/Grades obtained in Science is considered for calculating grade in science in the place of Physics and Chemistry. In the case of CBSE candidates, only the certificates of Board examination shall be accepted as qualifying certificate and such candidates shall submit an undertaking as shown in annexure XVIII at the time of admission and a copy of the same shall be submitted along with the application.
- Hearing Impaired candidates who have passed SSLC/THSLC or equivalent examination, with eligibility for higher studies with 60dB or above hearing loss in better ear are eligible to apply for admission to Special Batches for Hearing Impaired.
Centralised Allotment Process (CAP)
The Centralised Allotment Process will be done through the Single Window System (SWS) of allotment to give allotment to various programmes and Polytechnic Colleges, based on the options/re-options exercised by the candidates. Candidates can exercise options to a maximum number of 25 of his/her choice (programme and institution combination) eg: chemical engg in Govt. Polytechnic College. Kalamassery can be one option and Mechanical engg in Cherthala Govt. Polytechnic can be another option. Such type of a maximum of 25 options can be given in an application form.. Allotments will be strictly based on the options exercised, Rank obtained and eligible reservations for the candidate. Candidates should register options only to those programmes/ colleges which they are sure to join on allotment. Candidates should join the allotted college/programme remitting required fee and submitting certificates if he/she is allotted with his/her first option, within the stipulated time. If the candidate fails to join the college, he/she will lose the allotment as well as all the existing options to which the allotment belongs. The options once lost will not be available in the subsequent phases. When a new allotment is given to a candidate, the previous allotment if any, shall automatically stands cancelled.
Documents to be produced at the time of Admission
- Original certificate of SSLC/THSLC or equivalent examination.
- Original mark list of qualifying examination SSLC/ THSLC or equivalent with a Photocopy of it.
- Original Category Certificate (as applicable)
- Original of the income certificate from Village Officer concerned to the effect that the annual family income is less than /equal to Rs. 1,00,000 or within the limit fixed by Govt. from time to time
Candidates, please refer the information brochure given below for complete details of documents to be produced at the time of Admission.
- Selection of the candidate is based on the grading in SSLC/THSLC or equivalent Examination. For the students who have passed qualifying examination under the old scheme (prior to Grading System), marks are to be converted to 9 point absolute grade.
- The selection list for allotment will be prepared on the basis of the index mark obtained, the option exercised and the reservation criteria if any.
- For candidates who have secured eligibility for higher studies in the second chance, 0.5 score will be deducted as the penal point for index score calculation.
- For the candidates who are the native of backward districts namely Pathanamthitta, Idukki, Malappuram, Wayanad, Kasargod or if they studied in VIII, IX and X standards in schools of the above districts and their qualifying examination centre belongs to above backward district, a bonus point of 1 will be awarded for the index score calculation for their selection in the respective backward district.
- The index score is obtained after subtracting the penal points if any and adding bonus points if any from/to the Total Grade Point Average (TGPA).
- For the admission of the candidates to Polytechnic Colleges, selection is done state wise and candidates have to submit their application as detailed in the prospectus.
For more details of Kerala Polytechnic Admission 2017 – Download Information Brochure.