Assam MBBS Admission 2020- Directorate of Medical Education will conduct the admission process for MBBS course across the state. The admission to various colleges for Assam MBBS Admission 2020 will be done the basis of the NEET 2020 Score. There will be no state-leve exam for admission to MBBS course for any of the college in the state. Candidates who will qualify the NEET 2020 will be Eligible For Assam MBBS Admission 2020. It is mandatory to appear in NEET 2020 for Assam MBBS Admission 2020. You can get the complete details about the Assam MBBS Admission 2020 on this page below.
Assam MBBS Admission 2020 Through NEET 2020
The Assam MBBS Admission 2020 has conducted to grant admission to 85% of total seats to the candidates who hold domicile in the state of Assam. Candidates who are interested to take part in seat allotement process for Assam MBBS Admission 2020 must check the expected schedule for the same.
Expected Schedule for Assam MBBS Admission 2020 Through NEET
|Applications Form available||2nd week of June 2020|
|Last date to submit the application form||3rd week of Jun 2020|
|Date of Counselling||last week of Jun 2020|
|Reporting to the college for admission||2nd week of Jul 2020|
Registration / Application Form For Assam MBBS Admission 2020
The Director of Medical Education, Assam will release the notification for the application forms for the counselling process . It will display the merit list which is sent to it by the Directorate General of Health Services (ME) of Government of India. Eligible candidates who wish to participate in the Assam MBBS Admission 2020 process need to register themselves online on the official website of DME i.e. dme.assam.gov.in.
Assam MBBS Admission 2020 Counselling
We have listed a detailed stepwise process for the Assam MBBS Counselling 2020 to give the candidate a better understanding of the procedure. Please refer to the points below.
- Candidates who have opted for the state admission quota while registering for the NEET exam 2020. As, soon as the NEET results are announced the Directorate General of Health Services (ME) of Government of India will send a state merit list to the state counselling authority, Director of Medical Education, Assam.
- Then DME has released a provisional merit list on the official website and the merit list of Assam MBBS 2020 will comprise of details such as name, roll number, subject wise marks and NEET total marks.
- Once, the merit list has been published by DME on the official website the Directorate will also issue an admission notice that will notify the candidates about the form filing for state quota seats of Assam. This application form will release in the online mode on the official website of DME. Eligible candidates should fill up these application forms and register themselves for the exam.
- Once, the registration process has been successfully completed all the application forms received before the last scheduled date will be scrutinized by the Director of Medical Education, Assam.
- The Directorate will then prepare a list category wise that would comprise of the names of all the eligible candidates who will now be called for the counselling process for granting admission in the MBBS/BDS courses of the state of Assam & Guwahati. This merit list will be the final merit list and it will be published on the official website of DME and it will also be published in all the leading local daily newspapers of Assam.
Assam MBBS Admission 2020 Merit list
Assam MBBS admission state merit list of NEET, 2020 (For 80% State Quota seats) session of 2020. All the eligible candidates are requested to the official website, i.e., www.dme.assam.gov.in from time to time for any further notifications, etc. for the allotment process of 1st year MBBS/BDS Courses, Session, 2020. The merit list regarding Assam MBBS admission is given below to check the same.
Assam MBBS Admission 2020 Reservation
As per last year’s information candidates can claim the reservation for the categories mentioned below.
- Schedule Tribes (Hills).
- Martyrs of Assam movement quota.
- Extremist Violence quota.
- Char Area quota.
- Ex-Serviceman Serving Defence personnel quota.
- Freedom Fighters quota.
- TGI/Ex-TGL quota
- other distinguished categories.
Assam MBBS Admission 2020 Seat Status
The table below comprises the list of colleges of Assam and seat details are last year, it will be updated. Candidates will get admission in these colleges through the Assam MBBS 2020 process. This list also enlists other vital details such as their management details and their annual seat intake. The seat status provided here is as per last yera’s information.
|Name of the College||Course||Management of College||Seats|
|Assam Medical College, Dibrugarh||MBBS||Govt.||170|
|Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed Medical College, Barpeta, Assam||MBBS||Govt-Society||100|
|Gauhati Medical College, Guwahati||MBBS||Govt.||156|
|Jorhat Medical College & Hospital, Jorhat||MBBS||Govt.||100|
|Silchar Medical College, Silchar||MBBS||Govt.||100|
|Tezpur Medical College & Hospital, Tezpur||MBBS||Govt.||100|
|Regional Dental College, Guwahati||BDS||Govt.||40|
About Directorate Of Medical Education, Assam
The directorate of medical education, Assam was established in year 1984, as part of Health & Family Welfare Department, Govt. of Assam. There are different colleges affiliated to it which offers admission to various courses.The main aim of Directorate of Meical Education, Assam is to promote medical science in different streams like Allopathic, Ayurvedic and Homeopathic medicine and paramedical science.
Official Website: dme.assam.gov.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.