Assam MBBS Admission 2018 had been conducted under the supervision of Directorate of Medical Education Assam. Students who qualified the National Eligibility Entrance Test-UG 2018 had participated in MBBS Admission and Counselling for Assam MBBS Admission 2018. Students should note that there shall be no state-level medical exam in Assam for the selection of candidates for the various MBBS colleges of Assam and Regional Dental Colleges of Guwahati. Hence, candidates had to apply for the MBBS/ BDS courses for Assam quota through NEET (UG) 2018 exam which was conducted by the Central Board Of Secondary Education (CBSE). You can get the complete details about the Assam MBBS Admission 2018 on this page below.
Assam MBBS Admission 2018
The Assam MBBS Admission 2018 has been conducted to grant admission to the 85% of total seats to the candidates who hold domicile in the state of Assam. The table below comprises of all the important events for the Assam MBBS Admission 2018. However, candidates should note that the admission process for Assam is highly dependent on the NEET 2018 exam as it will commence only after the NEET (UG) 2018 results have been announced.
|State rank displayed on||Jul 2018|
|Rank range in Assam state NEET 2017 merit list||–|
|1st Round of Counselling||29 Jun to 05 Jul 2018|
|2nd Round of Counselling||26 Jul 2018|
|Extended 2nd Round of Counselling||12 Aug 2018|
|Commencement of Academic Session||12 Sep 2018|
- Click here to check Notice regarding Vacant seats BDS Course session-2018
- Click here to check the notice regarding the commencement of classes.
- Click here to check the notice-BDS Courses, Session, 2018.
- Click here to check the notice for admission into MBBS Course, Session, 2018.
- Click here to check Admission Notice for Admission into MBBS-BDS Courses Session 2018 after
Extended 2nd Counselling.
- Click here to check the notice for Extended 2nd Round Counselling of MBBS-BDS Courses
- Click here to check the notice for 2nd Counseling MBBS-BDS Courses Session 2018.
- Click Here to check the Amendment Notification.
Mop Up Counselling
Mop up counselling for selection of candidates into MBBS/BDS courses in the Medical Colleges of Assam and Regional Dental College, Guwahati against vacancy for the session 2018 shall be held in the office of the Director of Medical Education, Assam, Sixmile, Khanapara, Guwahati. The selection shall be made provisionally subject to fulfilment of the prescribed eligibility criteria as per the Admission Rules. However, candidates already selected during the previous round of counselling who want to change their institution as per available vacancy in order of merit may appear the Mop-up counselling.
- Click here to check the Educational Notice for extended BDS course Mop-Up counselling.
- Click here to check Educational Notice for the MOP-UP round of Counseling of MBBS-BDS Courses Session, 2018.
- Click here to check Notice Regarding Admission into MBBS-BDS Courses, Session, 2018 after
Government of Assam has released admission notice which states Admission into the 1st year MBBS/BDS course in the medical and dental colleges of Assam for the session 2018 also admission for some WITH-HELD candidates are offered admissions too. Lists of admission can be checked on the official website also a direct link to check the same is also provided below:
- Click here to check the list of WITH-HELD candidates who are now offered admissions.
- Click here to check the list of candidates who are selected for admission.
First Counselling Notice/Schedule
Registration / Application Form For Assam MBBS Admission 2018
The Director of Medical Education, Assam will invite application forms for the counselling process soon after it has published the merit list which was sent to it by the Directorate General of Health Services (ME) of Government of India. Eligible candidates who wish to participate in the Assam MBBS Admission 2018 process need to register themselves online on the official website of DME i.e. www.dmeassam.gov.in
Assam MBBS Admission Procedure 2018
We have listed a detailed stepwise process for the Assam MBBS Admission 2018 to give the candidate a better understanding of the procedure. Please refer to the points below.
- Candidates who have opted for the state admission quota while registering for the NEET exam 2018. As, soon as the NEET results are announced the Directorate General of Health Services (ME) of Government of India will send a state merit list to the state counselling authority, Director of Medical Education, Assam.
- Then DME will release a provisional merit list on the official website and the merit list of Assam MBBS 2018 will comprise of details such as name, roll number, subject wise marks and NEET total marks.
- Once, the merit list has been published by DME on the official website the Directorate will also issue and admission notice that will notify the candidates about the form filing for state quota seats of Assam. This application form will be released in the online mode on the official website of DME. Eligible candidates should fill up these application forms and register themselves for the exam.
- Once, the registration process has been successfully completed all the application forms received before the last scheduled date will be scrutinized by the Director of Medical Education, Assam.
- The Directorate will then prepare a list category wise that would comprise of the names of all the eligible candidates who will now be called for the counselling process for granting admission in the MBBS/BDS courses of the state of Assam & Guwahati. This merit list will be the final merit list and it will be published on the official website of DME and it will also be published in all the leading local daily newspapers of Assam.
Spot Round Counselling
Counselling and spot admission will be done against numbers of MBBS/B.D.S. seats under Un-reserve category for the session 2018 in the Regional Dental College, Guwahati, Assam will hold in the office of the Director of Medical Education, Assam, Sixmile, Khanapara, Guwahati. Candidates who are already admitted and pursuing their MBBS or BDS course shall not be allowed to participate in the said counselling and their seats in the already admitted course and college shall remain unchanged.
Candidates should appear personally for counselling and spot admission on the scheduled date and time along with all original testimonials, necessary admission fee etc. failing which no seat shall be allotted in this counselling.
List Of MBBS/ BDS Colleges For Assam MBBS Admission 2018
The table below comprises the list of colleges of Assam. Candidates will get admission in these colleges through the Assam MBBS 2018 process. This list also enlists other vital details such as their management details and their annual seat intake.
|Name of the College||Course||Management of College||Seats|
|Assam Medical College, Dibrugarh||MBBS||Govt.||170|
|Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed Medical College, Barpeta, Assam||MBBS||Govt-Society||100|
|Gauhati Medical College, Guwahati||MBBS||Govt.||156|
|Jorhat Medical College & Hospital, Jorhat||MBBS||Govt.||100|
|Silchar Medical College, Silchar||MBBS||Govt.||100|
|Tezpur Medical College & Hospital, Tezpur||MBBS||Govt.||100|
|Regional Dental College, Guwahati||BDS||Govt.||40|
Official Website: https://dme.assam.gov.in/