CCMN 2020 facilitates admission to those candidates who will not get allotment through counselling (with qualified JAM score) and to those candidates who will not appear JAM 2020 examination through a process called Institute Spot Admission 2020 (ISA 2020). Spot admission will be conducted in any NIT institute. Candidates will have to contact NIT Institute itself for further details like Admission procedure, vacancy, fee etc. Merit list of the candidate will be published on official website.
CCMN Institute Spot Admission (ISA) 2020
The candidates who will have valid JAM 2020 score but disqualify due to minimum qualifying marks or those who will fail to clear the JAM 2020 or will not appear for JAM 2020 will be eligible to register through Institute Spot Admission (ISA). The admission procedure through ISA will be solely governed by the respective institutes’ admission rules.
ISA, precise to the name depends on the rules of individual Participating Institute (PI) and CCMN 2020 does not guarantee admission to any Institute.On the basis of previous year record CCMN 2020 supports the ISA Pooling# of candidates who fall into the below categories;
- Candidates with valid JAM score and do not obtain allotment through CCMN 2020 counselling (Normal Rounds + NSR) and wish to participate in ISA.
- Candidates with valid JAM score and do not meet the essential eligibility criteria of CCMN 2020 counselling i.e., 60% or 6.5 CGPA or equivalent (for OB/OC category) and 55% or 6.0 CGPA or equivalent (for SC/ST/PWD category) or any other requisite criteria not being met.
- Candidates who do not qualify JAM 2020 examination.
- Candidates who had not appeared JAM 2020 examination and do not possess a valid JAM score.
However, Individual PIs may or may not admit candidates through ISA, depending upon the vacancy after all rounds (including NSR) of admission through CCMN 2020.
- A Participating Institute decides to keep the remaining seats vacant after CCMN 2020 is over and admission through any mode will not take place in such institutes. ISA is not applicable to those institutes and candidates can claim for admission to those institutes neither at CCMN nor at concerned PI.
- A Participating Institute conducting ISA with data from CCMN 2020 is independent of the admission criteria and rules for the same. If a candidate fails to meet the criteria specified by the concerned PI conducting ISA, the candidate loses the right to claim for admission/refund neither at CCMN nor at concerned PI.
Candidates will have to register under ISA to be considered for admission in PIs. The registration will start during NSR registrations. The preference of institutes will be available for filling, once the Final Vacant Seat Matrix is published after the completion of NSR.
- The candidates should choose all possible preferential institute from the list available with better convenience for their greater benefit.
- After closing of ISA registration and preference filling, the data containing the Merit List of candidates will be published in CCMN 2020 website. The data will be sent to all PIs conducting ISA with data from CCMN 2020.
- Merit List of the registered candidates will be based on the order of preference mentioned under the ISA Pooling categories.
The candidate will be communicated either by Phone or Email by the concerned ISA conducting PI. CCMN’s roles seize after sending the data to concerned ISA conducting PI. Candidates must contact the ISA conducting PI for further queries.
ISA 2020 minimize the hardship to candidates from traveling to multiple institutes with mediocre probable circumstances. Candidates can opt for the preferential institute to report for admission on the specified date with requisite documents and Full Institute Fee.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.