The Central University of Himachal Pradesh is established under the Central Universities Act 2009. It offers different programmes including UG and PG courses. CU Himachal has released application form for the academic year 2018-19. Interested candidates can read the complete details of Central University of Himachal Pradesh Admission 2018 for various courses such as application form, eligibility criteria, application fee, programmes offered, selection process etc. on this page.
Central University of Himachal Pradesh Admission 2018
The Central University of Himachal Pradesh has released notification for admission various UG, PG and certificate programmes for the academic year 2018-19. Admission for Certificate/UG Programmes of Study will be done on basis of Merit of 10+2 Examination. Admission for PG Programmes University will conduct the Entrance test as a common National level entrance examination.
Schedule for Certificate UG, PG and Programmes is given below.
|Events||UG / Certificate Courses||PG Programme||PG Diploma /
|Last Date for Submission of Applications||31 May 2018||25 Apr 2018||31 Jul 2018|
|Availability of Admit Card||–||–||–|
|Date of Entrance Examination for PG Programmes only||–||20 May 2018||–|
|Declaration of Results of Entrance Examination||–||05 Jun 2018||–|
|Display of the First List of Selected Candidates
(including Waiting List)
|15 Jun 2018||18 Jun 2018||–|
|Payment of Fees upto||19 Jun 2018||20 Jun 2018||–|
|Display of the 2nd List of Selected Candidates. (Including waiting List)||20 Jun 2018||21 Jun 2018||–|
|Payment of Fees upto||25 Jun 2018||25 Jun 2018||–|
|Display of the 3rd List of Selected Candidates. (Including waiting List)||26 Jun 2018||26 Jun 2018||–|
|Payment of Fees upto||30 Jun 2018||28 Jun 2018||–|
|Verification of Documents and Registration||01 Aug 2018||01 Aug 2018||06 Aug 2018
of selection list)
|Orientation Programme &
Commencement of Classes
|02 Aug 2018||02 Aug 2018|
The Central University of Himachal Pradesh offers various courses such as:
- Certificate Programme
- UG Programme
- PG Programme
Online Application Form of Central University of Himachal Pradesh Admission 2018 for Certificate/UG and PG courses are available according to the schedule. A candidate can now apply online from the University website (www.cuhimachal.ac.in). Candidates can also fill the online application form through the direct link which will be updated here.
Apply Online: Click here to apply for Central University of Himachal Pradesh Admission 2018.
The application fee for admission to Certificate/UG/PG programme for different categories of applicants shall be as under:
- General Category: Rs. 400/- (Rs 200/- for B.Voc.)
- OBC Category : Rs. 300/-(Rs 150/- for B.Voc.)
- SC/ST/PH Categories: Rs. 100/-(Rs 50/- for B.Voc.)
Minimum Eligibility Conditions for Admission In UG/PG Programmes: The minimum eligibility requirements and selection criteria for admission in the UG/PG Programmes of Study are as under.
Relaxation in minimum qualifying marks: Relaxation in minimum qualifying marks up to a maximum of 5% shall be made in case of candidates belonging to the SC, ST, OBC (Non-creamy layer) and Persons with Disabilities Categories.
- Hall Tickets for the Entrance Examination to be downloaded and printed from the University Website (www.cuhimachal.ac.in).
- Please note the Hall Tickets will NOT be sent by post.
- Hall Ticket may be collected in person from the office of the University.
- Intimation regarding Entrance Test, Entrance Examination Centres, List of Candidates finally Selected / Waitlisted shall be displayed only on the University Website (www.cuhimachal.ac.in)
- No intimation to the candidates will be sent by post.
Selection Criteria For Admissions UG and PG Programmes
Selection criteria for admission to the various UG, PG and for the academic year 2018-19 is given below.
Selection Criteria For UG / Certificate Programmes
All applicants seeking admission to UG / Certificate Programmes of Study shall be admitted on the basis of merit in 10+2 or equivalent examination. The candidates seeking admission in BA (Sanskrit Honours) having passed Prak Shastri Part II or Visharad shall be given 10% weightage of their score limited to the prescribed maximum marks.
Selection Criteria For PG Programmes
- All applicants seeking admission to a PG Programme of Study shall be required to appear in entrance examination of their respective subjects.
- Admission to various PG Programmes of Study shall be made on the basis of merit of score obtained in the entrance examination.
- In case of the number of applicants for admissions to a programme, study is less than 50 (Fifty), there will be no entrance examination and the admission shall be made on the basis of merit of the marks scored in the qualifying examination.
- The candidates seeking admission in PG Sanskrit having passed Shastri examination shall be given 10% weightage in their score limited to the prescribed maximum marks.
Selection Criteria For PG Diploma Programmes
All applicants seeking admission to PG Diploma Programmes of Study shall be admitted on the basis of merit in Bachelors/UG degree.
Answer Key – PG Programme
Answer Key of PG Programme will be published, Which can also be checked through the direct link. The Answer Keys of the different Question Papers of Entrance Test – 2018 will be uploaded on the University Website.
The objections to Answer Keys if any, can be submitted in the office of Controller of Examinations personally or through E-mail Id [email protected]
Admission to various PG Programmes of Study shall be made on the merit of the composite score to be determined on the basis of score obtained in Entrance Exam and marks obtained in Matric, 10+2 and UG examination as given below:
|Scores obtained in Entrance Exam||50%|
|Percentage of marks in 10th||10%|
|Percentage of marks in 10+2||10%|
|Percentage of marks in UG Degree||30%|
Answer Key for PG Entrance Test -2017 is given below:
Official website: www.cuhimachal.ac.in.
For more details about Central University of Himachal Pradesh Admission 2018 – Download Prospectus.