GUJCET 2022 Syllabus – GSEB prescribes the GUJCET syllabus. According to the board, the syllabus for Gujarat Common Entrance Test is class 12 NCERT based. Candidates need to prepare for physics, chemistry, maths and biology subjects. Questions in the exam are solely formed from the topics mentioned in the syllabus. Candidates are not required to prepare extra topics. From this page download NCERT syllabus for GUJCET held in offline mode annually. For more details keep reading below.
Click here to check GUJCET 2022 exam day guidelines
GUJCET 2022 Syllabus
GSEB follows NCERT 10+2 NCERT syllabus for GUJCET. The same can be checked below:
- Solid State
- General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements
- P-Block Elements – II
- Halo Alkanes and Halo Arenes
- Phenols and Ethers
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- f Block Elements
- Complex Salts or Co-ordination Compound
- Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Complex Numbers
- Definite Integration
- Indefinite Integration
- Matrices Determinants
- Permutation & Combination
- Sets, Relations & Functions
- Theory of Equations
- Three Dimensional Geometry
See: Cut Offs
- Electric Charge & Electric Field
- Electrostatic Potential & Capacitance
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effect of Electric Current
- Magnetism & Matter
- Electromagnetic Induction
- Alternating Current
- Electro Magnetic Waves
- Ray Optics
- Wave Optics
- Dual Nature of Radiation & Matter
- Semi-Conductor Electronics
- Communication System
- Reproduction in Organisms
- Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants
- Human Reproduction
- Reproductive Health
- Principles of Inheritance and Variation
- Molecular Basis of Inheritance
- Human Health and Diseases
- Strategies for Enhancement in Food Production
- Microbes in Human Welfare
- Biotechnology – Principles and Processes
- Biotechnology and its Application
- Organisms and Populations
- Biodiversity and its Conservation
- Environmental Issues
See: Answer Key
Importance of GUJCET 2022 Syllabus
Without knowing what to study for the exam, candidates cannot be well prepared. Thus, here comes the importance of the syllabus.
- GUJCET syllabus projects what to study and also what not to study.
- To prepare or the exam you have to stick to the syllabus and not go beyond it. That is a wastage of time and preparation time management is crucial.
- The syllabus must be completed to score high in the exam. Questions in the exam are made from the topics that are mentioned in the syllabus. To get that topper score, you must complete all the topics of the syllabus
GUJCET 2022 Exam Pattern
The preparation for GUJCET 2022 must be as per the syllabus indeed. However, one must also take care of the exam pattern. The exam pattern of GUJCET 2022 is given below:
Mode of Exam: Offline mode
Duration: Candidates get 120 minutes to solve physics-chemistry and 60 minutes for mathematics & biology paper.
Language: The question paper will be provided in Gujarati, Hindi, and English language.
- The question paper is provided to the candidate in that language which they selected in the application form.
Question Type: All the questions in the exam are of multiple-choice questions.
- Candidates get 4 answer options and only 1 is correct.
Papers: Two papers are held under GUJCET 2022, for:
- Physics-Chemistry (There is one combine question paper these two subjects)
- Mathematics / Biology
Marking scheme: All the questions in the exam are of 1 mark. Negative marking is of 0.25 marks.
The distribution of questions and marks in the exam is as follows:
See: Exam Day Guidelines
How to Prepare According to GUJCET 2022
To prepare for GUJCET 2022 you can follow the tips given here:
Complete the syllabus: The first target is to complete the syllabus. Make sure to be regular at your school and take notes. The syllabus of GUJCET is totally based on NCERT. Thus students of GSEB board are in advantage as the schools follow NCERT syllabus only. Therefore you can prepare for boards and GUJCET simultaneously. Take advantage of this and make sure you are on the same page as your school.
Take notes: Keep writing down all the important points while studying for the exam. Also, make sure to take notes of lectures by teachers at school and classes. the notes come handy at the time of revision.
Previous year questions papers: No better resource for preparation available like GUJCET previous year papers. Solving papers from the last few years, give you the below-given advantages:
- You get a stronghold of concepts
- You get to know what is the probability of repetition of questions
- Also, you get to know the difficulty level of the questions
- You can improve the speed and accuracy
Gujarat Common Entrance Test (GUJCET) 2022 is conducted by GSEB annually, to fill seats in UG degree engineering and degree / diploma pharmacy courses, offered by the colleges of Gujarat. The exam is held offline. In GUJCET, candidates have to solve multiple choice questions on physics, chemistry, mathematics / biology.
See: Answer Key
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.