GUJCET – Gujarat Common Entrance Test is organized by GSEB for admission of candidates in degree / diploma undergraduate engineering and degree / diploma pharmacy courses offered by various institutes of Gujarat. GUJCET Exam is held in offline mode and the candidates need to attempt the paper for physics, chemistry, mathematics / biology. The 10+2 passed / appearing candidates can apply for the exam. GSEB is an education board situated in Gujarat. It is responsible for academics performance, regulation and development in the state.
Below we have discussed all about GUJCET, like to apply for the exam, the process of it, exam pattern, syllabus, eligibility to appear for the exam etc. Read below to know more.
Important dates for GUJCET exams are given below.
|GUJCET 2021||Last week of Mar 2021 or |
1st week of Apr 2021
|GUJCET 2020||24 Aug 2020|
|GUJCET 2019||26 Apr 2019|
GUJCET Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of GUJCET 2020 is as follows:
Duration: The duration of the exam is 3 hours.
Total marks: 120 marks in the maximum marks in the paper
Marking scheme: All questions carry 1 marks and there is a negative marking for wrong answer of 0.25 (1/4) marks. Also, if a candidate selects more than one option then 1 marks is deducted.
Language: The question paper is provided in 3 languages that are Gujarati, Hindi, and English.
Question Type: The candidates haveto attempt all MCQ type questions.
No. of Papers: Two, they are –
paper 1 – Physics-Chemistry
paper 2 – Maths or Biology
Distribution of questions and marks in the exam is as follows:
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum marks|
|Physics-Chemistry||80 (40 from each subject)||80|
|Maths / Bio||40||40|
GSEB follows NCERT 10+2 NCERT syllabus for GUJCET. The same can be checked below:
- Solid State
- General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements
- P-Block Elements – II
- Halo Alkanes and Halo Arenes
- Phenols and Ethers
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- f Block Elements
- Complex Salts or Co-ordination Compound
- Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Complex Numbers
- Definite Integration
- Indefinite Integration
- Matrices Determinants
- Permutation & Combination
- Sets, Relations & Functions
- Theory of Equations
- Three Dimensional Geometry
- Electric Charge & Electric Field
- Electrostatic Potential & Capacitance
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effect of Electric Current
- Magnetism & Matter
- Electromagnetic Induction
- Alternating Current
- Electro Magnetic Waves
- Ray Optics
- Wave Optics
- Dual Nature of Radiation & Matter
- Semi-Conductor Electronics
- Communication System
- Reproduction in Organisms
- Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants
- Human Reproduction
- Reproductive Health
- Principles of Inheritance and Variation
- Molecular Basis of Inheritance
- Human Health and Diseases
- Strategies for Enhancement in Food Production
- Microbes in Human Welfare
- Biotechnology – Principles and Processes
- Biotechnology and its Application
- Organisms and Populations
- Biodiversity and its Conservation
- Environmental Issues
To appear for GUJCET 2020 candidates have to be eligible. The criteria of eligibility can be checked below:
Qualification: Candidate must have passed 12th standard from science stream, from a recognized board.
State Eligibility: Candidates must be a domicile of Gujarat and should have a document to prove it at the time of admission. However, candidates whose parents are officers / employees working in some other state but are resident of Gujarat, are also eligible if:
- Their parents are officers / employees of central or state government, OR
- Are in military forces, OR
- Are an employee in the board / corporation governed by the central / state government
Citizenship: Only Indian candidates are eligible to appear in GUJCET.
Process for Admission via GUJCET in Colleges of Gujarat
Candidtaes can check below the process of admisison based on GUJCET scores from below:
- First, know if you are eligible to apply for the exam.
- Second, apply for GUJCET in online mode on the official website of GSEB, gseb.org.
- Third, collect the admit card and appear for the exam on the date of the exam
- Fourth, check your score in the exam and merit list for admission
- Fifth, if your name appears in the merit list then appear for the counselling rounds and complete the admission facility in the college in which you have been selected.
List of Institutes Where Admission is Based on GUJCET Scores
You can check below the list of the colleges that accept GUJCET score for admission:
- Dr S and SS Ghandhy College of Engineering and Technology
- Government Engineering College, Bharuch
- Government Engineering College, Bhavnagar
- Government Engineering College, Bhuj
- Government Engineering College, Dahod
- Government Engineering College, Gandhinagar
- Ld College Of Engineering
- Shantilal Shah Engineering College
- Vishwakarma Government Engineering College
- Birla Vishvakarma Mahavidyalaya, etc.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.