|Manipal University||Apply Now for MU OET|
|SRM University||Apply Now for SRMJEEE|
|JEE Main 2018 Exam Date, Eligibility, Exam Pattern.||Get All Details Here|
IISER Mohali has released a notification in regard of Ph.D Admission 2018. Eligible candidates shall apply for IISER Mohali Ph.D Admission 2018. This course is offered in the areas including Biology, Chemical Science, Mathematics, Physical Science, Earth & Environmental Science and Humanities & Social Sciences for the session beginning in January 2018. Candidates interested in pursuing research in interdisciplinary areas are also encouraged to apply.
IISER Mohali Ph.D Admission January Session 2018
The IISER Mohali Ph.D Admission process has been initiated for the academic session beginning in January 2018. Prospective candidates should apply online using the “Online Application Facility” by visiting the website at http://www.iisermohali.ac.in. Short-listed candidates will be invited for a screening-test/interview at IISER Mohali. The applicants shall complete the application process as the per schedule.
Schedule for IISER Mohali Ph.D Admission January session 2018 is given below.
|Last date of online application form||20 Oct 2017|
Application Form 2018
The Ph.D Application form have to be filled online for admission to the Ph.D Program (Jan 2018) at Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Mohali. Candidates can fill online application from the link given below.
Instruction to be followed for Online Application
- Select PhD Admissions – Jan 2018 and enter a valid E-mail address to register. This email id will be used for correspondence.
- Once you register, the login information with password will be sent to your e-mail. Provide the same login (email id and password) at the login page. A prompt for password would appear when you enter your email id and click submit.
- All fields marked by (*) are mandatory. Filling all mandatory fields are required to make your application complete.
- All the applicants MUST read FAQ PhD Jan 2018 before filling up the application. This is because, the FAQ section has important instructions about year of graduation, percentile etc
- Click Help at top left in each page of application to view the instructions for filling the application. Move your mouse over the green icon besides each field for help if required.
- Click “Save” to save your entries at each page of application.
- Once you finish entering all the details and clicked “Save” button, a preview of all pages is shown for you to cross check your entries with a “Submit” button.
- Form will only be submitted after clicking on “Submit”. Note that you cannot make any changes after that. Once application is submitted, no correspondence regarding correction/addition to the application form will be entertained.
- After you submit the form, “Download Report PDF” link is provided for you to download your application and take a print copy.
- The print copy should be duly signed by the applicant with date. You need to affix a passport size photograph in the space provided and submit this print copy at the time of Interview.
- Fully Completed, Submitted Online application are strongly required to consider your application.
- The start date for receiving online phd applications is September 18, 2017 and end date is October 20, 2017 at 12:00 noon.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered and will be REJECTED .
- You can view the status of the application by providing the login information anytime.
- Status: form Incomplete – Login and check whether you have filled in all mandatory fields and submit your application.
- Status: form Complete – Your form is submitted for Committee review.
- You will be intimated via email or post if you are shortlisted for Interview.
- For any subject-specific queries, the contacts emails of respective conveners are given below:
[email protected] (Biology)
[email protected] (Chemistry)
[email protected] (Mathematics)
[email protected] (Physics)
[email protected] (HSS)
[email protected] (EES)
- Regarding online application facility or login issues, you may write to [email protected]
The applicant should have a Masters degree/ B.Tech/ MBBS/ M.Tech with a good academic record (at least a high second class) and should be GATE/ CSIR or UGC-NET/ JEST/ NBHM-JRF/JGEEBILS (TIFR/NCBS)/ GPAT/ ICMR-JRF/ DBT-JRF/DST- INSPIRE qualified in the relevant subject.
Detailed criteria set by individual departments for PhD admissions
Department of Biological Sciences: The applicant should have M. Sc./ B. Tech/ MBBS/ M. Tech or equivalent degree and should have a valid GATE(Life Sciences/ Biotechnology/ Ecology and Evolution) / CSIR-UGC-NET/ JGEEBILS (TIFR/ NCBS)/ ICMR/ DBT/ DST-Inspire fellowship.
Department of Chemical Sciences: The applicant should have M. Sc. degree in Chemistry/ Physics (with a minimum of 55% marks) or equivalent degree and should have a valid NET/ GATE/ DST-Inspire fellowship in Chemistry/ Physics.
Department of Mathematical Sciences: The applicant must have qualified one of the following examinations GATE/CSIR-UGC-NET/NBHM-JRF with Mathematics as the primary subject. Applicants who have obtained the DST-INSPIRE fellowship must have taken Mathematics as their primary subject during their Master’s programme. Only applicants with an outstanding academic record and exceptional qualifications will be considered for admission.
Department of Physical Sciences: The applicant should have a Masters degree in Physics or a Bachelors/Masters degree in Engineering, and should have a valid GATE/ CSIR-UGC-NET/ JEST/ DST-Inspire fellowship in Physics. The student must have a good academic record in M.Sc. (minimum 55% for General and OBC category, minimum 50% for SC/ST/PD.)
Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences: The applicant should have M.Sc./ B.Tech/ M. Tech in Atmospheric Sciences/ Earth and Environmental Sciences/ Geology/Chemistry/ Physics/ Environmental Biotechnology/Microbiology/Biotechnology and should have a valid GATE/ CSIR-UGC-NET/ DST-Inspire fellowship.
Department of Humanities and Social Sciences: The applicant should have M.A./M.Sc./M.Phil degree (with a minimum of 55% marks) in one or more of the following subjects: Philosophy (Ethics, Indian Philosophy, Analytical Philosophy and Philosophy of Science)/ Sociology / Anthropology/ Modern Indian History / Urban History / Political Economy / Gender Studies /Urban Studies / English Literature/ Postmodernism/ Literary Theory/Science-in-theatre or related areas such as Development Studies, South Asian studies. The applicant SHOULD send a statement of proposed research (minimum 1500 words) to the following email address: [email protected] mentioning the broad subject area (History, Literature, Philosophy etc….) as the subject of the email. This email is meant ONLY for sending the statement of proposed research. UGC/NET/GATE or any other national level eligibility test is required.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
1. I am doing my Masters/Bachelors. I did not receive my final semester marks yet. How will I fill the percentage of Marks as I would be appearing for the exam in future.
Choose the Year of Passing as the year of when you will complete the degree.
Percentage/CGPA – Enter the marks obtained till date.
2. I am having a fellowship which is not specified in the “JRF From” Selector. What will I select?
You need not select anything but you can specify the fellowship in the “Additional Information” at the last page of the form.
3. The link to the application form is not working.
Please try after some time.
4. Is it required to enter all the “Additional Information” in the form?
Provide all the information which would help to assess you better.
5. I have done my Masters in Biotechnology. The form does not provide the option to select Biotechnology. What will I select for Masters?
Select as Masters in Biology and specify “Biotechnology” in the Specialization field.
6. After submitting my form, it returns “Sorry your form is incomplete”. What is it? How can I complete it?
Use the same login information sent to your email and fill up your application form. Make sure you fill all the mandatory fields marked by (*). After you click submit, it should return “Success, your form is complete”. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL BE REJECTED.
7. I have submitted the online application form. Now only I have noticed that I made wrong entry in my Bachelors Percentage. How can I correct it?
Once the form is submitted online, you cannot modify/edit the submitted form. Register with a new email id and submit a fresh form and make sure your entries are correct before you click “Submit” at the end.
8. What is Score Percentile?
Score Percentile is the percentage of candidates who appeared in the same paper and scored less marks than him/her.
Eg., Calculate the score percentile of Mr. Dev provided total number of candidates and his rank is given.
Total no of candidates appeared for exam = 5470
Mr. Dev Rank = 155
Number of candidates who have scored less marks than Mr. Dev = 5470 – 155= 5315
Score Percentile of Mr. Dev = (5315 / 5470) * 100 = 97.17
9. In the competitive Exam details, I have filled my Gate score under Test Scores. I do not have any Test Qualification. What shall I fill under Test Qualification?
Leave the Test qualification and proceed to the next page. Either Test Scores or Test Qualification is mandatory to apply for PhD Program at IISERM.
10. I do not have score percentile but I have Rank in GATE. What to enter in Score percentile?
Please enter your Rank and leave the score percentile blank. Entering Rank is mandatory and entering score percentile is optional.
11. I am getting error when I enter my test scores. I am not able to submit the application because of the error appearing in the form?
Please email to [email protected] with a screenshot of the error.