Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Sciences admits eligible candidates for various PG / Diploma Programmes offered in the constituent Schools of KUFOS in the Academic Year 2017-18. The selection of candidates will be made on the basis of the performances in the Entrance Examination and Interview. Eligible candidates shall apply for KUFOS Admission 2017. Get all the information about KUFOS Admission 2017, Admission Form, Entrance Test etc. here on this page.
KUFOS Admission 2017
The candidates seeking admission can apply for KUFOS Admission 2017 to M.F.Sc., M.Sc., M.B.A., M.Tech., L.L.M., P.G. Diploma, Ph.D, Diploma Courses by submitting the application form in prescribed format before the last date of submission. The process of KUFOS Admission 2016 shall take place as per the schedule. The detailed schedule will be notified later.
Schedule for KUFOS Admission 2017 is given below.
|For Indian Students|
|Last date of Application||
03 May 2017
03 May 2017
|Date of Entrance Test||20 May 2017||25 Aug 2017|
|Declaration of the Result||30 May 2017||02 Sep 2017|
|Date of Interview and admission||07-08 Jun 2017||13-16 Sep 2017|
|For International Students|
|Last date of Application||30 May 2017||02 Sep 2017|
|Date of Interview and admission||07-08 Jun 2017||13-16 Sep 2017|
The application form for KUFOS Admission 2017 is available for download from the official website of Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Studies. We have provided the direct link to download the KUFOS Application Form 2017 for the convenience of the candidates.
Download KUFOS Application Form 2017
- Click here to download Application Form
- General category : Rs 1000/-
- Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (native of Kerala only) : Rs 500/-
The application fee shall be paid by Demand draft/ Challan (can be downloaded from website) in favour of The Finance Officer, Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Studies, Panangad, payable at SBT Vyttila or cash payable at University cash counter.
How ot Apply?
Application form and prospectus for admission to the Post Graduate and Diploma programmes can be downloaded from the KUFOS website www.kufos.ac.in (Adobe Acrobat PDF format). The duly filled up applications should be submitted on A4 size paper only.
Application form for Foreign/Person of Indian Origin (PIO)/Overseas Indian Citizen (OIC) and NRI candidates can be downloaded from the KUFOS website www.kufos.ac.in (Adobe Acrobat PDF format). Foreign/NRI students need not write the common Admission Test of KUFOS.
From academic year 2017-18, the University has made available the facility of ‘Pre-Admission Online Registration’ to the aspiring students. Applicants seeking admission to the courses offered by the University who register through this portal shall be given timely updates on the issue of notification, status of their application form; intimation on the date of examination, declaration of results, etc.
For M.F.Sc. Programmes
- Four year Bachelor’s degree in Fisheries Science (BFSc) recognized by Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Science with an OGPA of 6.5/10.0 or above (In the case of SC/ST candidates an OGPA of 5.5/10.0).
For M.Sc. Programmes
- Marine Biology – BSc with 50% or 6.5/10.0 or 2.2/4.0 marks in any of the following subject combinations : BSc in Zoology / BSc in Aquaculture / BSc in Industrial Fish and Fisheries / BFSc / BFSc (N) / BSc in Microbiology / BSc in Zoology/Botany/Chemistry / BSc in Life Science / BSc in Biotechnology / BSc in Bio- informatics / B.Tech. Bio- informatics.
- Physical Oceanography – BSc with 50% or 5.5/10.0 or 2.2/4.0 marks in any of the following subject combinations
- Physics main with Mathematics and Chemistry as subsidiaries
- Physics main with Mathematics and Statistics as subsidiaries
- Physics main with Mathematics and Computer Science/Computer applications as subsidiaries.
- Physics main with Mathematics and Electronics as subsidiaries
- Physics main with Mathematics and Geography as subsidiaries
- Mathematics with Physics and Statistics as subsidiaries
- Mathematics main with Physics and Computer Science / Computer Applications as subsidiaries.
- Three main with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry
- Three main with Physics, Mathematics and Statistics
- Three main with Mathematics, Physics and Computer Science/Computer application Msc P
- Bachelor of Science in Nautical Science
- Candidates awaiting their final results of the qualifying degree examination can also apply but they should produce their qualifying degree/mark upto the semester preceding the last semester at the time of interview.
- Food Science & Technology – A Science degree with 50% marks or 5.5/10.0 OGPA or 2.2/4.0 OGPA in any of the following subject combinations.
- BSc in Food Science and /or Technology
- BSc in Food Engineering
- BSc in Agriculture/Horticulture/other allied agricultural sciences
- BSc in Dairy Science
- BSc in Chemistry/Zoology/Botany/Allied Life sciences
- BSc in Microbiology/Bio Chemistry/Bio technology
- Disaster Management – Bachelor’s Degree in Science or B.Tech/BE Degree of any discipline with 50% marks or equivalent OGPA.
- Biotechnology – A Bachelor of Science with 50% marks or 5.5/10.0 OGPA or 2.2/4.0 OGPA (50% for SC/ST candidates) in any of the following subject combinations.
- BSc in Life Science
- BSc in Biotechnology
- BSc in Microbiology
- BSc in Zoology/Botany
- BSc in Zoology/ Botany/ Chemistry
- BSc in Bio-informatics/Biochemistry/Marine Biology
- BSc in Aquaculture
- BSc in Industrial fish & fisheries
- BFSc in Fisheries/BFSc (Nautical Science)
For MBA Programmes
- Dual Specialisation
- Graduates/Post Graduates in Science, Arts, Commerce or professional graduates from Indian/Foreign Universities recognized by KUFOS/UGC with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent CGPA in aggregate in optional subjects under the system (10+2+3); (SC /ST candidates are eligible for 5% concession).or All professional graduates of State Agricultural Universities/Deemed Universities under the ICAR system with a minimum OGPA of 6.0/10.0 (5.5/10.0 for SC /ST Candidates).
- Candidates awaiting their final results of the qualifying degree/marks can also apply for the MBA course, but they should have secured their qualifying marks before the commencement of the first semester examination. If they fail to do so their admission will be cancelled.
- Energy Management – The eligibility for admission to MBA (Energy Management) degree course under the KUFOS is a pass in the B.Tech./B.E. examination with 50%/equivalent CGPA (SC /ST candidates are eligible for 5% concession) as minimum marks preferably in Mechanical / Chemical / Electrical / Electronics / Petroleum / Automobile / Marine Engineering / Polymer Technology / Production and Industrial Engineering, M.Sc in Physics or Chemistry from graduates from Indian/Foreign Universities recognized by KUFOS/UGC. The admission will be based on the performance of the candidate in the qualifying degree (30%), CAT/CMAT/KMAT entrance examination (50%), Group Discussion and interview (weightage of 10% and 10% each totaling to 20%). Candidates awaiting their final results of the qualifying degree can also apply for the course, but they should secure their qualifying marks before the commencement of the first semester examination.
For M.Tech Programmes
B.Tech/BE in Integrated Coastal Zone management/ Civil Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Environmental Engineering/ Harbour Engineering/ Coastal Engineering, Law graduates, MSc in Marine geology/Geo Science, Geo Physics, Marine biology & Oceanography and BFSc. A minimum mark of 50% mark is required for the qualifying degree.
- Ocean and Coastal Safety Engineering – B.Tech in Marine Engineering / Civil / Mechanical / Safety & Fire / EEE / Naval Arch / 60% marks preferably with GATE/NET.
- Coastal & Harbour Engineering – B.Tech in Civil / Mechanical / Marine / Naval Arch. 60% preferably with GATE.
- Fisheries Engineering – Bachelors in Fisheries Science. B.E./B.Tech. in Mechanical / Civil / Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering.
For LLM Programmes
- Maritime Law – Candidates who have passed the LLB Degree Examination of any University in the State of Kerala or of any other University recognized as equivalent there to and has secured not less than 50% of the marks in the aggregate (45% for SC/ST Students and Law graduates with 10 year experience) shall be eligible to be considered for admission. The students awaiting final results may also apply provided they produce the pass certificates and marks statements up to the pre-final semester at the time of admission.
For PG Diploma Programmes
- Aquarium Science and Technology – Graduation in any science discipline.
- Industrial Aquaculture – B.Sc. in any biological subjects including Botany, Zoology, Fisheries, and biotechnology etc.
- Maritime Law (Evening Course) – Candidate who passed the L.L.B. Degree Examination of any University in the state of Kerala or of any other University recognized as equivalent there to shall be eligible to consider for admission.
- Diploma In Brackishwater and Marine Aquaculture – Pass in Plus Two or VHSE with Biology as one of the subject.
For Ph.D Programmes
- Masters degree in the respective / related discipline recognized by Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Studies with an OGPA of 7.0/10.0 (In the case of SC/ST candidates, an OGPA of 6.5/10.0).
For Degree Programmes
- Bachelor of Fisheries Science (B.F.Sc.) – Basic qualification for the course is XII Std. Candidates who have passed Higher Secondary examination of the Board of Higher Secondary Education, Kerala, or examinations recognised equivalent thereto, with 50% marks in Biology separately, and 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology put together, are eligible. Biotechnology will not be considered as a subject for academic eligibility. Students who have been ranked in the Kerala Engineering Agriculture Medical (KEAM) degree examination for Medical stream conducted by the Commissioner of Entrance Examination, Kerala www.cee.kerala.gov.in shall be admitted based on their KEAM rank. For online application click https://cee.kerala.gov.in/main.php
- B.Tech in Food Science & Technology – Candidates who have passed Higher Secondary Examination, Kerala, or Examinations recognized as equivalent thereto, with 50% marks in Mathematics separately, and 50 % marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together are eligible for admission. In case, the candidate has not studied Chemistry, the marks obtained in Computer Science shall be considered. In case, the candidate has not studied Chemistry and Computer Science, the marks obtained in Biotechnology shall be considered. In case, the candidate has not studied Chemistry, Computer Science and Biotechnology, the marks obtained in Biology shall be considered. The marks as shown in the mark list of the Board of Examination obtained from the respective Higher Secondary Board shall be considered for academic eligibility.
Written Test & Interview
Venue and date of the test: Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Studies, Panangad, Kochi, Kerala on 25.08.2017.
Candidates will be required to attend the entrance test at their own expense. Candidates coming 15 minutes after commencement of the entrance test will not be permitted to write the test. Candidates who qualify in the entrance test need to submit consent of the guide in the prescribed format along with the synopsis of the research work at the time of the Interview.
Date of Interview and admission: 13 – 16 September 2017.
Selected candidates need to pay Full Fees of the first semester at the time of admission. Otherwise their admission will be cancelled.
The originals of all certificates and documents should be produced at the time of interview/ admission of the programme. (The original certificates in proof of age, qualifications, caste/community certificate obtained from the Village Officer, medical fitness certificate obtained from any Medical Officer not below the rank of an Asst. Surgeon, TC and conduct certificate). Candidates who secured their degrees from Universities outside Kerala have to produce Migration Certificate within one month of admission. Those who do not produce the original documents at the time of admission/interview, shall forfeit their seat and that will be filled from the waiting list or in any other manner deemed fit by the University. The certificates and other relevant documents submitted by the candidates who got admitted will be returned only after the completion of the course or if the student discontinues the course permanently7.
The list of candidates selected for admission based on Entrance Test/Interview/Group Discussion, will be published at the University head quarters, Panangad and through the KUFOS website www.kufos.ac.in
For detailed information about KUFOS Admission 2017 – Download Information Brochure.