Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Sciences admits eligible candidates for various PG/Diploma Programmes offered in the constituent Schools of KUFOS in the Academic Year 2018-19. The selection of candidates will be made on the basis of the performances in the Entrance Examination and Interview. Eligible candidates can apply for KUFOS Admission 2018. Get all the information about KUFOS Admission 2018, Admission Form, Entrance Test etc. here on this page.
KUFOS Admission 2018
The candidates seeking admission can apply for KUFOS Admission 2018 to M.F.Sc., M.Sc., M.B.A., M.Tech., L.L.M., P.G. Diploma, Ph.D., Diploma Courses by submitting the application form in prescribed format before the last date of submission. The process of KUFOS Admission 2018 shall take place as per the schedule. The detailed schedule will be notified later.
Schedule for KUFOS Admission 2018 is given below.
|For Indian Students|
|Last date of Application||31 Mar 2018|
|Date of Entrance Test||19 May 2018||19 May 2018|
|Date of GD and
interview for MBA
|21 -24 May 2018||–|
|Declaration of the Result||26 May 2018||07 Sep2018|
|Date of admission for
PG programme / Interview and
admission for PhD programme
|07-08 Jun 2018||13-16 Sep 2018|
PG Spot Admission Notification and Vacancy details
Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Sciences has published the rank list of KUFOS PG Programmes 2018. Important Information regarding to directions, admission date and time has also been published by the KUFOS. Candidates can check all the regarding information from the link provided below.
- Click Here to check the Rank list of Candidates of KUFOS PG-Programmes 2018.
- Click Here to check the directions regarding to admission in KUFOS PG-Programmes 2018.
- Click Here to check the date and time regarding to admission in KUFOS PG-Programmes 2018.
Note: Six seats under General category for MSc Marine Biology course will be filled from the waiting list on June 08, 2018, at 10 A.M. at KUFOS, HQ Panangad. All candidates who had received the waiting list slip are directed to report for admission, with slip and other necessary documents.
The application form for KUFOS Admission 2018 was available for downloading from the official website of Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Studies. We have provided the direct link to download the KUFOS Application Form 2018 for the convenience of the candidates.
Application Process is over now..!!
- General category: Rs 1000/-
- Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (native of Kerala only): Rs 500/-
The application fee may be remitted by means of Demand draft/ Challan (can be downloaded from website) in favor of The The Finance Officer, Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Studies, Panangad, payable at SBI Vyttila (Branch Code:070517,IFSC Code: SBIN0070517 or by cash payable at University cash counter.
How to Apply?
Application form and prospectus for admission to the Post Graduate and Diploma programmes can be downloaded from the KUFOS website www.kufos.ac.in (Adobe Acrobat PDF format). The duly filled up applications should be submitted on A4 size paper only.
Application form for Foreign/Person of Indian Origin (PIO)/Overseas Indian Citizen (OIC) and NRI candidates can be downloaded from the KUFOS website www.kufos.ac.in (Adobe Acrobat PDF format). Foreign/NRI students need not write the Common Admission Test of KUFOS.
From the academic year 2018-19, the University has made available the facility of ‘Pre-Admission Online Registration’ to the aspiring students. Applicants seeking admission to the courses offered by the University, who register through this portal shall be given timely updates on the issue of notification, the status of their application form; intimation on the date of examination, declaration of results, etc.
For M.F.Sc. Programmes
- Four years Bachelor’s degree in Fisheries Science (BFSc) recognized by Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Science with an OGPA of 6.5/10.0 or above (In the case of SC/ST candidates an OGPA of 5.5/10.0).
For M.Sc. Programmes
- Marine Biology – BSc with 50% or 6.5/10.0 or 2.2/4.0 marks in any of the following subject combinations : BSc in Zoology / BSc in Aquaculture / BSc in Industrial Fish and Fisheries / BFSc / BFSc (N) / BSc in Microbiology / BSc in Zoology/ Botany/Chemistry / BSc in Life Science / BSc in Biotechnology / BSc in Bio- informatics / B.Tech. Bio- informatics.
- Physical Oceanography – BSc with 50% or 5.5/10.0 or 2.2/4.0 marks in any of the following subject combinations
- Physics main with Mathematics and Chemistry as subsidiaries
- Physics main with Mathematics and Statistics as subsidiaries
- Physics main with Mathematics and Computer Science/Computer applications as subsidiaries.
- Physics main with Mathematics and Electronics as subsidiaries
- Physics main with Mathematics and Geography as subsidiaries
- Mathematics with Physics and Statistics as subsidiaries
- Mathematics main with Physics and Computer Science / Computer Applications as subsidiaries.
- Three main with Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry
- Three main with Physics, Mathematics, and Statistics
- Three main with Mathematics, Physics, and Computer Science/Computer application Msc P
- Bachelor of Science in Nautical Science
- Candidates awaiting their final results of the qualifying degree examination can also apply but they should produce their qualifying degree/mark up to the semester preceding the last semester at the time of interview.
- Food Science & Technology – A Science degree with 50% marks or 5.5/10.0 OGPA or 2.2/4.0 OGPA in any of the following subject combinations.
- BSc in Food Science and /or Technology
- BSc in Food Engineering
- BSc in Agriculture/Horticulture/other allied agricultural sciences
- BSc in Dairy Science
- BSc in Chemistry/Zoology/Botany/Allied Life sciences
- BSc in Microbiology/Bio-Chemistry/Biotechnology
- Disaster Management – Bachelor’s Degree in Science or B.Tech/BE Degree of any discipline with 50% marks or equivalent OGPA.
- Biotechnology – A Bachelor of Science with 50% marks or 5.5/10.0 OGPA or 2.2/4.0 OGPA (50% for SC/ST candidates) in any of the following subject combinations.
- BSc in Life Science
- BSc in Biotechnology
- BSc in Microbiology
- BSc in Zoology/Botany
- BSc in Zoology/ Botany/ Chemistry
- BSc in Bio-informatics/Biochemistry/Marine Biology
- BSc in Aquaculture
- BSc in Industrial fish & fisheries
- BFSc in Fisheries/BFSc (Nautical Science)
- Marine Microbiology – A Science degree with 50% marks or 5.5/10.0 OGPA or 2.2/4.0
OGPA (50% for SC/ST candidates) in any of the following subject
- BSc in Biotechnology/Microbiology.
- BSc in Food Science & Technology
- BSc in Chemistry/Zoology/Botany/Biochemistry/Life
- BSc in Aquaculture/Fisheries Science
- Statistics – Regular Bachelor’s degree with Statistics as main subject and Mathematics as Subsidiary (complimentary) or Mathematics as main subject and Statistics as Subsidiary (complimentary) or Triple main with Mathematics and Statistics as subjects, or its
equivalent from a recognized University with minimum 55 % marks ( 50 % for SC / ST candidates).
- Remote Sensing and GIS – A University degree with 50% or 5.5/10.00 or 2.2/4.0 marks in any of the following subject combinations. Degree in Physics/Geophysics/Geology/Mathematics/Computer application/Environmental Sciences with GIS /BE/B.TechinCivilEngineering/NaturalSciences/Fishery and Life Sciences.Graduates with (+2 level Mathematics and Physics) /Biology/BSc in Environmental Sciences/BSc Natural Sciences can also be considered for admission.
- Climate Science- A University degree with 50% or 5.50/10.00 or 2.2/4.00 marks in
- Earth Sciences- A University degree with 50% or 6.5/10.00 or 2.2/4.0 marks in any of the following subject combinations. Degree in Geology/Geophysics/Physics/Mathematics/Chemistry/ Environmental Sciences with Geology or GIS/ Degree in Electronics/Civil Engineering/Coastal Engineering/Degree in Nautical Sciences.
- Marine Chemistry – Bachelor’s degree with Chemistry as the main subject.
- Environmental Sciences – Any bachelor degree in Science/Technology with 50% marks or
For MBA Programmes
- Dual Specialisation
- Graduates/Post Graduates in Science, Arts, Commerce or professional graduates from Indian/Foreign Universities recognized by KUFOS/UGC with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent CGPA in aggregate in optional subjects under the system (10+2+3); (SC /ST candidates are eligible for 5% concession).OR
- All professional graduates of State Agricultural Universities/Deemed Universities under the ICAR system with a minimum OGPA of 6.0/10.0 (5.5/10.0 for SC /ST Candidates).
- Candidates awaiting their final results of the qualifying degree/marks can also apply for the MBA course, but they should have secured their qualifying marks before the commencement of the first-semester examination. If they fail to do so their admission will be cancelled.
- Energy Management – The eligibility for admission to MBA (Energy Management) degree course under the KUFOS is a pass in the B.Tech./B.E. examination with 50%/equivalent CGPA (SC /ST candidates are eligible for 5% concession) as minimum marks preferably in Mechanical / Chemical / Electrical / Electronics / Petroleum / Automobile / Marine Engineering / Polymer Technology / Production and Industrial Engineering, M.Sc in Physics or Chemistry from graduates from Indian/Foreign Universities recognized by KUFOS/UGC. The admission will be based on the performance of the candidate in the qualifying degree (30%), CAT/CMAT/KMAT entrance examination (50%), Group Discussion and interview (weightage of 10% and 10% each totaling to 20%). Candidates awaiting their final results of the qualifying degree can also apply for the course, but they should secure their qualifying marks before the commencement of the first-semester examination.
For M.Tech Programmes
B.Tech/BE in Integrated Coastal Zone Management/ Civil Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Environmental Engineering/ Harbour Engineering/ Coastal Engineering, Law graduates, MSc in Marine geology/GeoScience, Geo-Physics, Marine biology & Oceanography and BFSc. A minimum mark of 50% mark is required for the qualifying degree.
- Ocean and Coastal Safety Engineering – B.Tech in Marine Engineering / Civil / Mechanical / Safety & Fire / EEE / Naval Arch / 60% marks preferably with GATE/NET.
- Coastal & Harbour Engineering – B.Tech in Civil / Mechanical / Marine / Naval Arch. 60% preferably with GATE.
For LLM Programmes
- Maritime Law – Candidates who have passed the LLB Degree Examination of any University in the State of Kerala or of any other University recognized as equivalent there to and has secured not less than 50% of the marks in the aggregate (45% for SC/ST Students and Law graduates with 10 year experience) shall be eligible to be considered for admission. The students awaiting final results may also apply provided they produce the pass certificates and marks statements up to the pre-final semester at the time of admission.
For PG Diploma Programmes
- Aquarium Science and Technology – Graduation in any science discipline.
- Industrial Aquaculture – B.Sc. in any biological subjects including Botany, Zoology, Fisheries, and biotechnology etc.
- Diploma In Brackishwater and Marine Aquaculture – Pass in Plus Two or VHSE with Biology as one of the subjects.
For Ph.D. Programmes
- Masters degree in the respective/related discipline recognized by Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Studies with an OGPA of 7.0/10.0 (In the case of SC/ST candidates, an OGPA of 6.5/10.0).
For Post-Doctoral Fellowship Programmes
- The candidate must have a doctorate degree in the relevant subject preferably with published research work to their credit.
- In case of the general/open category, 55% marks at UG level and 60% of marks at PG level. For reserved categories (SC/ST/OBC/PH) candidates, 50% at UG level and 55% at PG level.
- The upper age limit for applicants is 35 years for the candidates belonging to a general/open category and 40 years for SC/ST/OBC/PH/Minority communities, as on 1st July on the year of application.
For Degree Programmes
- Bachelor of Fisheries Science (B.F.Sc.) – Basic qualification for the course is XII Std. Candidates who have passed Higher Secondary examination of the Board of Higher Secondary Education, Kerala, or examinations recognized equivalent thereto, with 50% marks in Biology separately, and 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology put together, are eligible. Biotechnology will not be considered as a subject for academic eligibility. Students who have been ranked in the Kerala Engineering Agriculture Medical (KEAM) degree examination for Medical stream conducted by the Commissioner of Entrance Examination, Kerala www.cee.kerala.gov.in shall be admitted based on their KEAM rank. For online application click https://cee.kerala.gov.in/main.php
- B.Tech in Food Science & Technology – Candidates who have passed Higher Secondary Examination, Kerala, or Examinations recognized as equivalent thereto, with 50% marks in Mathematics separately, and 50 % marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together are eligible for admission. In case, the candidate has not studied Chemistry, the marks obtained in Computer Science shall be considered. In case, the candidate has not studied Chemistry and Computer Science, the marks obtained in Biotechnology shall be considered. In case, the candidate has not studied Chemistry, Computer Science and Biotechnology, the marks obtained in Biology shall be considered. The marks as shown in the mark list of the Board of Examination obtained from the respective Higher Secondary Board shall be considered for academic eligibility.
Entrance Test & Interview
Venue of the Test: Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Studies, Panangad, Kochi, Kerala
Candidates will be required to attend the entrance test at their own expense. Candidates coming 15 minutes after the commencement of the entrance test will not be permitted to write the test.
In the case of MBA programmes, there will be a group discussion and interview at Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Studies, Panangad, Kochi, Kerala.
Selected candidates need to pay Full Fees for the first semester at the time of admission. Otherwise, their admission will be cancelled.
Ph.D. candidates, who qualify in the entrance test need to submit consent of the guide in the prescribed format along with the synopsis of the research work at the time of the Interview
scheduled at Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Studies, Panangad, Kochi, Kerala during 13-16th September. In the case of PDF candidates who found eligible to be called for interview
after the screening will be called for an interview scheduled to be held during 13th September.
Exam Pattern & Syllabus
The exam pattern & syllabus for the entrance test is given below.
The list of candidates selected for admission based on Entrance Test/Interview/Group Discussion will be published at the University headquarters, Panangad and through the KUFOS
website www.kufos.ac.in on May 26, 2018, for the Post Graduate programme and September 07 2018 for Ph.D. & PDF programmes Panangad and through the KUFOS website www.kufos.ac.in
Reservation of Seats
Community reservation for a course will be followed by taking each course as a separate unit
Cases where the reservation of communities is fractional in nature, communities with higher fraction will be considered first and then the next one will be considered in the descending order of the fraction
For detailed information about KUFOS Admission 2018 – Download Information Brochure.