Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit will be releasing the official notification for Admission into various courses such as M.A., M Sc, M.S.W., M.P.Ed, MFA, and P.G.Diploma for the academic year 2020-21. The basic objective of the University is to impart knowledge in various branches of Sanskrit, Indology, Indian culture, Indian and Foreign languages, Indian philosophy, Fine Arts and Social Sciences and to promote the study and research in Sanskrit and other systems of Indian knowledge. Candidates who are seeking admission to above said programmes can check complete information about the Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit Admission such as application process, eligibility, entrance test from this page.
SSUS Admission 2020 – Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit
Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit will release the notification regarding the various course. Online applications will be invited from eligible candidates to the various programmes for the academic year 2020-21 at the Main Centre and various Regional Centres of Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit, Kalady.
|Date of Notification||2nd week of Mar 2020|
|Last date for submission of application through online||Last week of Apr 2020|
|Last date for the receipt of print copy with documents||1st week of May 2020|
|Downloading of hall ticket||1st week of May 2020|
|Date of Entrance Examination||3rd week of May 2020|
|Publication of Rank list||Last week of May 2020|
|Publication of First Allotment list and Downloading of interview memo||1st week of Jun 2020|
|Publication of Second Allotment list and Downloading of interview memo||1st week of Jun 2020|
|Date of Admissions for first allotment||1st week of Jun 2020|
|Date of Admissions for second allotment||2nd week of Jun 2020|
|Commencement of classes||2nd week of Jun 2020|
|Closing of admission||2nd week of Jul 2020|
There are different eligibility criteria for different programme. Candidates should check the eligibility criteria. The detailed eligibility criteria for each programme is given below.
For M.A. M Sc & M.S.W
Admission to various M.A., M Sc & M.S.W Programmes for the academic year 2020-21 is based on the marks obtained in the Entrance Examination /interview to be conducted in May 2020. Eligibility for applying to M.A./M.Sc /M.S.W programme is a degree of this University or a degree (regular/distant mode) recognized by this University under the 10+2+3 pattern. Those regular students under Choice based Credit and Semester System of B.A. programme who have successfully completed all the courses and semesters of I to V Semesters and appearing for the final semester examination in April-May 2020 are also eligible to apply for the programmes offered on the condition that they should produce the provisional degree certificate. Aptitude and practical test will be conducted for M.A. Music, Bharathanatyam, Mohiniyattom and Theatre in addition to the written test. No person shall be eligible for admission to a PG programme if he/ she is currently on the rolls of a PG programme in another subject/ discipline offered by the University. Those who have completed one PG programme in regular stream are not eligible for another PG programme , except for professional courses.
- Should have passed Bachelor of Physical Education (B.P.E) of three year duration of any University recognized by Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit OR have passed a Post Graduate Degree in Physical Education of at least one year duration of an Indian or Foreign University or board approved by the Education Department of the State or Union territory recognized by the Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit, with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.SC/ST candidates are eligible for 5% marks relaxation.
- Should be medically fit and free from physical deformities for daily heavy load of physical activities.
- Medical Certificate duly certified by a registered medical practitioner in the prescribed format enclosed with the application form should be produced at the time of selection trials.
A candidate seeking admission for the 2 year Master of Fine Arts Degree Programme shall fulfill the following condition.
- Should have passed the Bachelor Degree in Fine Arts of any University recognized by Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit, Kalady with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate. SC/ST candidates are eligible for 5% marks relaxation.
- No person shall be eligible for admission to a P.G.Programme if he/she is currently on the rolls for a P.G.Programme in another discipline offered by the University
For P.G.Diploma in Translation and Office Proceedings in Hindi
Eligibility for admission to the P.G.Diploma in Translation and Office Proceedings in Hindi Programme shall be a Degree in any discipline recognized by this University. Candidates who discontinued a P.G.Course shall not be admitted to the P.G. Diploma Programme. Students who undergo any regular P.G.Programme can seek admission to the P.G.Diploma Programme. There is no age restriction in admission. Students who are appearing for their final Degree examination can also apply.
The window for Online application is opened as per the schedule above. Aspiring candidates who are able to fill the online application form successfully will be called for an entrance exam. Candidates seeking admission to MA/M.Sc/MSW / M.P.Ed./MFA/P.G. Diploma in Translation and Office Proceedings in Hindi Programmes in the University are 7 directed to submit the application online through in the University web site www.ssus.ac.in/ www.ssusonline.org. A printed copy of the online application submitted with the required fee for Entrance Examination and copies of documents shall be sent by post to the Heads of concerned Departments for courses at Main Centre, Kalady / Directors of Regional Centres for courses offered at Regional Centres.
Entrance exam fee for one subject
The candidate who opts for more than one subject shall submit the separate application form and shall pay the separate fee per subject towards Entrance Examination Fee.
As per Last Year
|MA||Rs. 100/-||Rs. 25/-|
|M.Sc.||Rs. 110/-||Rs. 25/-|
|MSW/MFA||Rs. 250/-||Rs. 50/-|
|MPEd||Rs. 500/-||Rs. 100/-|
|P.G.Diploma||Rs. 100/-||Rs. 25/-|
Note: Candidate who opt for more than one subject shall submit the separate application form and shall pay the separate fee per subject towards Entrance Examination Fee. The fee shall be either be remitted online or by way of SSUS chalan receipt which can be remitted at any branch of the Union Bank of India.
Admit card will be released as per the schedule. Candidates will be able to download their admit cards from the official website. The hall ticket should be produced for verification during each examination. No candidate will be allowed to take the examination without his/her hall ticket.
There is different examination pattern for different programme. Detailed information regarding it is given below.
For Admission to MA/MSc/MSW
The candidate shall have the eligibility to perform one Ata thala Varnam in two degrees of speed and a short raga alapana for Raga prescribed in the syllabus of BA Music degree course of this University. There will be aptitude and practical test for admission to MA Theatre and MA Dance (Bharathanatyam and Mohiniyattom)
For Admission to M.P.Ed
The candidates shall be selected for admission from the rank list prepared on the basis of the following criteria.
|Written Test (Based on B.P.E./B.P.Ed. syllabus)||50 Marks|
|Game Proficiency||25 Marks|
|Physical Fitness Test (AAHPERD Youth Fitness Test)||15 Marks|
|Sports Achievements||10 Marks|
Note: Candidates should secure 50% marks in the selection test to be included in the rank list. General reservation rules applicable to Post Graduate Degree course at the University Departments shall be followed while admitting candidates from the rank list.
For Admission to Master of Fine Arts (VISUAL ARTS )
All eligible candidates applied for admission to MFA Programme will be called for an Entrance Examination/interview to be conducted in May 2020. The examination is intended to test the ability of the candidate to pursue the subject of study. The time allotted for the written test is 1 hour and the test carries a maximum of 50 marks and portfolio presentation cum interview carries a maximum of 50 marks. The entrance test and aptitude test to candidates will be held in Main Centre at Kalady.
- Regional Centre, Thiruvananthapuram for M.A. – Malayalam, Hindi, English, History, Sanskrit Sahitya, Sanskrit Vedanta, Sanskrit Vyakarana and Sanskrit Nyaya.
- Regional Centre, Panmana – Kollam District for M.A. – Malayalam, Hindi, Sanskrit Vedanta, English.
- Regional Centre, Ettumanoor – Kottayam District fo M.A. – Malayalam, Hindi and Sanskrit Sahitya.
- Regional Centre, Thuravoor – Alappuzha District for M.A. – Malayalam, Sanskrit Sahitya and History.
- Regional Centre, Thrissur for M.A. – Malayalam, Hindi, Sanskrit Sahitya and Sanskrit Nyaya.
- Regional Centre, Tirur – Malappuram District for M.A. – Malayalam, Hindi, History, English, Arabic, Sanskrit Sahitya and Sanskrit Vyakarana .
- Regional Centre, Koyilandy – Kozhikode District for M.A. – Urdu, Sanskrit Sahitya, Sanskrit Vedanta , Malayalam Hindi and Sanskrit General.
- Regional Centre, Payyannur – Kannur District for M.A. – Malayalam, Hindi, History, Philosophy, Sanskrit Sahitya, Sanskrit Vyakarana and Sanskrit Vedanta
- Main Centre, Kalady – Ernakulam District for M.A. – Malayalam, Hindi, English, History, Philosophy, Music, Bharathanatyam, Mohiniyattom, Theatre, Comparative Literature & Linguistics, Sanskrit Sahitya, Sanskrit Vedanta, Sanskrit Vyakarana, Sanskrit Nyaya, Sanskrit General, Vedic Studies and Sociology.
- Regional Centre, Thuravoor – Alappuzha District
- Regional Centre, Tirur – Malappuram District
- Regional Centre, Payyannur _ Kannur District
- Main Centre, Kalady – Ernakulam District
M.P.Ed./ M .Sc / MFA
Main Centre, Kalady – Ernakulam District
P.G. Diploma in Translation and Office Proceedings in Hindi
- Main Centre, Kalady – Ernakulam District
- Regional Centre, Ettumanoor – Kottayam District
Subject-wise rank list of candidates based on the marks obtained in the entrance examination will be published in the University website/notice boards at Main Centre and Regional Centres and every reasonable effort shall be taken to intimate the date, time and venue of the group discussion, as applicable, and the interview for admission through online. Transfer Certificate, Conduct Certificate, Marklists, Provisional/Original degree Certificates, Caste/Community Certificates, and such other certificates are to be produced at the time of interview. Candidates are advised to check the University website/notice boards either at the Main Centre or at any of the Regional Centres for the date, time and venue of the group discussion, as applicable, and the interview at their own interest. University will not be responsible for the non-receipt of intimation.
The fee for Post-Graduate courses shall be as listed below.
As per Last Year
|Description of fees||MA||M.Sc||MSW||M.P.Ed||MFA||G Diploma|
|Tuition fee (per annum)||1000||1100||6500||20,000||15,000||1000|
|Special fee (per annum)*||800||880||1500||2000||2000||500|
|Exam fee ( 1st semester)||275||300||325||475||500||25 per paper|
|Department Development Fund||250||250||250||250||250||–|
* Rs. 200/- additional for MA Music, Dance & Theatre.
** Applicable only to students whose qualifying degree is from universities outside Kerala.
Official Website: www.ssus.ac.in
For more details regarding Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit 2020 Admission, Download Last Year’s Information Brochure