KAU Admission 2020
Kerala Agricultural University offers admission in various courses like B.Sc-M.Sc (Integrated) 5 years, B Sc. (Hons.) Co-operation and Banking Degree Programme, Diploma Programmes, MBA Agribusiness Management, PG, and Ph.D. Programs for the academic year 2020-2021. The admit card for Diploma, PG, Ph.D courses is available at kau.in or admissions.kau.in. Candidates can check the information about KAU Admission 2020, application process, eligibility, admit card, result, etc. on this page below.
- KAU has released the admit card for Diploma, PG, and Ph.D. Admission 2020. Get Here!
- KAU diploma entrance examination will conduct on November 29, 2020. Scroll down to check more details.
Candidates who are willing to take admission in KAU have to read all the details related to Kerala Agriculture University. Admission is based on the performance of the individual candidates in the written exam conducted by the university or through the national level entrance test like KMAT/CMAT/CAT Score. Final selection list of candidates will be published on the basis of performance in entrance test.
Schedule for MBA Agribusiness Management program 2020
|Issue of Admission Notification|
|Last date for submission of online application form|
|Last date for receipt of hard copy of the application|
10 Aug 2020
|Publication of Final Select List|
|Date of Counseling and Admission|
|Date of Registration & Commencement of Classes|
Schedule for PG & Ph.D. Admissions
|Submission of online application|
07 – 14 Oct 2020
|Last date for submission of application form||14 Oct 2020|
|Last date for receipt of hard copy of the application||23 Oct 2020|
|Issue of Admit Card for M Sc./ Interview for Ph.D||11 Nov 2020|
|Entrance Test||17 Nov 2020|
|Last date for submission of Mark list/ Degree/ Provisional certificate with OGPA||To be announced|
|Date of Publication of Rank List||To be announced|
|Date of Admission for M Sc.(Agriculture)/(Horticulture)||To be announced|
|Date of Admission for M Sc.(C&B), M Sc.(Forestry),|
M Sc. Community Science, M Sc.(Ag.Stat.) and M. Tech.Ag. Engg.
|To be announced|
|Ph.D. Agriculture, Horticulture, Community Science, Co-operation & Banking|
Forestry, Agricultural Engineering – Interview & Admission date
|To be announced|
|Date of Registration & Commencement of Classes||To be announced|
Schedule for Diploma in Agricultural Sciences/Diploma in Organic Agriculture
|Submission of online application||11 Sep 2020|
|Last date for submission of application form||24 Sep 2020|
|Availability of Hall Ticket||19 Nov 2020|
|Exam Date of Diploma Courses||29 Nov 2020|
Schedule for B Sc. – M Sc. (Integrated) 5-year Programmes & B Sc. (Hons.) Cooperation & Banking
|Commencement of Online Application Submission|
|Last date for submission of online application|
|Last date for receipt of hard copy of Application|
|Issue of Admit Card|
|Date of Publication of Rank List|
|Date of Admission|
|Date of Registration & Commencement of Classes|
KAU 2020 Diploma in Agricultural Science/Diploma in Organic Agriculture Entrance Exam Date
KAU 2020 PG/Ph.D. Extension Date Notice
Click here to download the Notice
KAU 2020 MBA Agribusiness Management Programme Second Allotment Notice
- Click here to download the above notice.
KAU 2020 MBA Agribusiness Management Programme Details
The Provisional Rank list of candidates eligible for admission to MBA (ABM) 2020 is available here. You can check it from here-
- Click here to download the Provisional List of Candidates Eligible for Admission to MBA (ABM) 2020.
- Click here to download the Provisional Rank List of candidates eligible for admission to MBA (ABM) 2020.
- Click here to download the Notice for MBA Agribusiness Management Programme Notice
KAU 2020 Announcement for PG / Ph.D. Course
Update on KAU 2020 Application Form
The last of filling application form has been extended to May 20, 2020. This information is display on the official website of KAU, image is given below.
KAU 2020 Application Form
Kerala Agricultural University releases the application form of various UG, PG and Ph.D courses for 2020 session. Candidates can fill the KAU 2020 application form from official website, which are kau.in or admissions.kau.in. In the KAU application form, candidates have to provided the personal, educational details, upload the documents and pay the application fee. Candidates must note that applications received after the closure date will not be considered.
How to fill the KAU 2020 Application Form?
Candidates have to follow below mentioned points while filling the KAU 2020 Application Form.
Step 1: Firstly, Visit the official website, which are kau.in or admissions.kau.in to fill the form.
Step 2: New registration
Step 3: Filling up of Application
Step 4: Final Submission of Application
Step 5: Details of the Application fee paid
Step 6: Print Application
Step 7: Send the printout of Application and supporting documents to University (see notification and prospectus), if requested.
KAU 2020 Eligibility Criteria
For MBA Agribusiness Management Course
- All Professional graduates of State Agricultural Universities/ Deemed Universities under ICAR system with a minimum OGPA of 7.0/10.0 (6.5 for SC/ST candidates).
- All Graduates, including professional graduates from Indian/Foreign Universities recognized by ICAR/AICTE/UGC with minimum 60% marks from SSLC onwards under the traditional system (55% relaxation to SC/ST candidates).
- Candidates should have qualified KMAT/CMAT/CAT entrance exams conducted during the year November 2019 onwards to February 2020.
Note: Candidates appearing for the final examination of the qualifying degree are also eligible to apply for the course, provided they secure their mark list and provisional certificate on or before the date of admission.
For PG Courses –
- M Sc. (Ag./ Hort.): Bachelor’s degree in the respective subject/ equivalent degree recognised by KAU with an OGPA of 7.00/10.00 for general candidates and 6.50/10.00 for SC/ST.*
- M Sc. Community Science: Bachelor degree in Community Science with 50% marks from a recognized university or B Sc. (Hons.) Ag. of KAU or equivalent.*
- M Sc. (Ag.Statistics): A degree in Agriculture or equivalent recognized by KAU with an OGPA of 7.00/10.00 for general candidates and 6.50/10.00 for SC/ST. The degree holders in B Sc. Mathematics/Statistics with 50% marks from a recognized University can also apply.
- M.Sc. (C&B) : B.Sc. (Hons.) C&B degree of the KAU or an equivalent degree recognized by KAU with an OGPA of 7.00/10.00 for general candidates and 6.50/10.00 for SC/ST.*
- M.Sc. (Forestry) : A basic degree in Forestry/ Agriculture/ Horticulture/ B.V.Sc. & A.H (for Wildlife Science only) or equivalent degree recognized by KAU with an OGPA of 7.00/10.00 for general candidates and 6.50/10.00 for SC/ST. (Degree holders with higher Grade Certificate from Ranger’s College or with Diploma in Forestry from State Forest College/Indian Forest College, Dehradun are also eligible) .
- M.Tech. (Ag. Engg.) : A bachelor degree in Agricultural Engineering/ Food Engineering# or an equivalent degree recognized by KAU with an OGPA of 7.00/10.00 for general candidates and 6.50/10.00 for SC/ST. *
B.Tech (Food Engineering) graduates are eligible to apply only for the discipline of “Agricultural Processing and Food Engineering”.
- Minimum marks required for Kerala Agricultural University Graduates for M Sc/M Tech Programmes are given below.
For Ph.D. Programme –
- Eligibility for Ph.D. Programme except in Community Science & Rural Marketing Management: Master’s Degree in the respective discipline /related discipline from the faculty concerned of KAU or a recognised equivalent qualification with an OGPA of 7.0/10.0 for general category and 6.5/10.0 for SC/ST. A basic degree in Agri./Hort./Ag.Engg./Forestry is essential for all respective Ph.D. courses except Community Science and Rural Marketing Management. Basic Degree UG 4 years + PG 2 years from a University approved by KAU will be strictly followed for admissions to the Ph.D. programmes except Community Science and Rural Marketing Management.
- Eligibility for Community Science: The minimum eligibility for admission to Ph.D in Community Science shall be M Sc. in Community Science recognised by KAU with an OGPA of 7.0/10.0 for general category and 6.5/10.0 for SC/ST or 60% marks for general category and 50% marks for SC/ST under traditional system.
- Eligibility for Rural Marketing Management : Master’s Degree in the respective discipline /related discipline from the faculty concerned of KAU or a recognized equivalent qualification with an OGPA of 7.0/10.0 for general category and 6.5/10.0 for SC/ST or MBA (ABM) with an OGPA of 7.0/10.0 for general category and 6.5/10.0 for SC/ST.
For B.Sc-M.Sc (Integrated) and B.Sc (Hons) Courses
Students having passed Plus Two/Higher Secondary/recognized equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Mathematics with a minimum of 50% marks except for SC/ST communities. The SC/ST candidates need only a pass in the qualifying examination. Biotechnology in plus two levels shall also be considered. For Climate Change Adaptation (CCA) Course, the candidates should have studied Mathematics as a subject at the +2 level.
For Diploma in Agricultural Sciences/Diploma in Organic Agriculture
- Diploma in Agricultural Sciences: Pass in +2 with science subjects (Physics, Chemistry & Biology) or equivalent qualifications. (VHSE (Agri) candidates only are eligible for VHSE reservation seats).
- Diploma in Organic Agriculture: Pass in +2 with science subjects (Physics, Chemistry & Biology) or equivalent qualifications.
Colleges under Kerala Agricultural University
- College of Co-operation, Banking and Management, Vellanikkara
- College of Agriculture, Vellayani, Thiruvananthapuram
- College of Horticulture, Vellanikkara, Thrissur
- College of Forestry, Vellanikkara, Thrissur
- Kelappaji College of Agrl. Engineering and Technology, Tavanur, Malappuram
- College of Agriculture, Padannakkad, Kasaragod
- Academy of Climate Change Education and Research, Vellanikkara, Thrissur
- College of Agriculture, Ambalavayal, Wayanad
For MBA Agribusiness Management Course- Admission shall be based on the score in the KMAT, CAT or CMAT followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview to be conducted by KAU. The general candidate should have the required Academic Performance in the qualifying degree examination.
For PG Programmes: For Masters degree programme there will be an entrance examination of two hours duration. The questions will be objective multiple choice answer type. There will be a common entrance examination for each programme as listed below:
- M.Sc.(Ag.) /M Sc.(Hort.): One entrance examination of 2h. duration with questions from B Sc. (Ag.) syllabus of KAU
- M Sc. Community Science: Entrance examination with questions from B Sc. Community Science syllabus
- M.Sc. (Ag. Stat.) : Entrance examination with questions from B Sc. (Mathematics / Statistics) syllabus.
- M.Sc.(Forestry) : Entrance examination with questions from B Sc. Hons (Forestry) syllabus of KAU
- M.Sc.(C&B): Entrance examination with questions from B Sc. Hons (C&B) syllabus of KAU
- M.Tech. (Ag. Engg.) : GATE examination in Agricultural Engineering/Food Technology / KAU Entrance examination with questions from B Tech. (Ag. Engg) syllabus of KAU.
Candidates will be ranked on the basis of aggregate marks obtained as follows –
- Entrance Examination/GATE Score: 50 Marks
- Academic Merit ((based on marks / grades obtained for degree examination) : 40 Marks
- Experience: 05 Marks
- Sports/Arts/Publication : 05 Marks
Candidates will be considered for admission only if they secure a minimum of 40% marks in the entrance examination. The minimum marks is 35% for SC/ST candidates.
For Ph.D. Programmes: The selection of candidates for the Ph.D programme will be made based on an overall assessment of the merit of the candidate by a Selection Committee constituted for the purpose as detailed below:
- Academic merit based on the marks obtained for the master’s degree programme: 40 Marks
- Project proposal: 10 Marks
- Interview: 20 Marks
A minimum of 50% marks is necessary for qualifying the interview. For SC/ST candidates, the minimum is 40%.
For B.Sc-M.Sc (5 Year) Integrated and B.Sc (Hons) courses – The selection of candidates will be based on an Entrance Exam conducted by KAU. The questions will be objective type and based on the +2 syllabus. The centres of the entrance examination will be decided by the University in accordance with the number of applicants. Allotment to the course will be based on the rank list published by the University.
For Diploma in Agriculture and Organic Science – Based on total marks obtained in Biology, Physics and Chemistry in +2 or equivalent examination. For reserved seats, based on marks in VHSE (Agri) course. In case there is a tie, total marks/ marks in Biology/age of the candidate etc in the decreasing order of priority will be considered.
Community reservation as per Kerala Government rules will be followed. Candidates claiming community reservation shall produce the documents like community certificate, income certificate etc. from the designated revenue officials at the time of submission of the filled in the application form.
The Select list and wait list will be published in the KAU website and the candidates will be admitted in accordance with their rank on the date and time of admission published by the University in the website. No individual communication will be sent to any candidates in this regard. The candidates should scrupulously watch the website to know their tenure of admission. Any further claim in this regard will not be entertained.
For PG & Ph.D. Courses Admission
- Certificates in proof of qualifications
- Certificate in proof of Date of Birth
- Nativity Certificate
- Non-Creamy Layer Certificate (NCLC) in case of reservation candidates other than SC/ST
- Community Certificate (for SC/ST candidates only)
- Medical Certificate issued by the competent authority in the case of Physically Challenged candidates
- Aadhar Card
- Certificate from the head of institution to the effect that the institution is under the University which is recognized by the ICAR / will come under the umbrella of the NARS of ICAR in the case of candidates who have passed the qualifying examination from outside Kerala.
For MBA Agribusiness Management Course
- Aadhar Card
- Community Certificate obtained from a Revenue Officer not below the rank of a Village Officer in the case of SC/ST candidates.
- Score card of KMAT /CMAT/CAT
- Certificates as proof of age, qualifications, mark list of qualifying examinations (SSLC onwards).
- Nativity certificate in the case of candidates from Kerala.
- Certificate from the Head of Institution to the effect that the University is recognized by the ICAR / will come under the umbrella of the ICAR/AICTE/UGC in the case of candidates who have passed the qualifying examination from outside Kerala.
- A ‘no objection certificate’ and an experience certificate obtained from the controlling officer concerned in the case of in-service candidates.
For Diploma in Agriculture and Organic Science
- A copy of the Aadhar Card.
- A copy of original mark list of Plus Two/VHSE(Agri).
- Community/Non-creamy layer certificates (in the case of candidates claiming communal reservations)
- Certificate of disability from the District Medical Board certifying the percentage of degree of disability (for claiming reservation under Physically Disabled category).
- Copy of the online receipt of the payment.
KAU Admission 2020 Fee Structure
Check the KAU Admission 2020 Fee Structure from below.
For MBA Agribusiness Management Course
|Admission fee (at the time of admission)||5000|
|College Caution Deposit (refundable)||2500|
|Tuition Fee (per semester)||25000|
Note: International students shall pay Institutional Economic Fee of US$ 4000/- or equivalent Indian Rupee over and above the above fees.
Official website: kau.in
For more details of KAU Admission 2020 candidates can download the Information Brochure from below links.
- MBA Agribusiness Management 2020 – Information Brochure | Notification
- MBA Agribusiness Management 2020 – Download The Re-Notification | Download Revised Prospectus
- KAU Admission 2020 Diploma – Information Brochure | Admission Notification.
- Download PG and Ph.D. Admission Information Brochure 2020 I Admission Notification
- Download B.Sc-M.Sc (5 Year) Integrated and B.Sc (Hons) Information Brochure 2019 | Admission Notification
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.