Kerala Agricultural University offers admission in various courses like B.Sc-M.Sc (Integrated) 5 years, B Sc. (Hons.) Co-operation and Banking Degree Programme, Diploma Programmes, MBA, PG and Ph.D. Programme for the academic year 2018-2019. Candidates can check the information of KAU Admission 2018, application process, eligibility, admit card, result etc. on this page below.
KAU Admission 2018
Candidates who are willing to take admission in KAU have to read all the details related to Kerala Agriculture University. Admission is based on the performance of the individual candidates in the written exam. Rank will be published after the written exam according to the performance of the candidates in the written exam.
Schedule for the KAU Admission 2018 for MBA programme is given below.
|Submission of online application||20 Feb 2018|
|Last date for submission of application form||24 Mar 2018|
|Last date for receipt of hard copy of application||05 Apr 2018|
|Publication of List of candidates eligible for GD& PI||13 Apr 2018|
|Group Discussion and Personal Interview||19 to 21 Apr 2018|
|Publication of Final Select List||25 Apr 2018|
|Counseling & Admission||28 & 30 Apr 2018|
|Date of Registration & Commencement of
|01 Aug 2018|
*The time Schedule may change in accordance with the decision of the University and the same
will be updated on the University website.
KAU 2018 Eligibility Criteria
For MBA Course
Professional graduates of State Agricultural Universities/ Deemed Universities under ICAR system with a minimum OGPA of 7.0/10.0 (6.5 for SC/ST candidates).
Graduates, including professional graduates from Indian/Foreign Universities recognized by AICTE/UGC with minimum 60% marks from SSLC onwards under the traditional system (5% relaxation to SC/ST candidates).
Note: Candidates appearing for the final examination of the qualifying degree are also eligible to apply for the course, provided they secure their mark list and provisional certificate on or before the date of admission.
For B.Sc-M.Sc (Integrated) and B.Sc (Hons) Courses
Students must be passed Plus Two/Higher Secondary/ recognized equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology or Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with a minimum of 50% marks except for
SC/ST communities. The SC/ST candidates need only a pass in the qualifying examination. Biotechnology in plus two level may also be considered.
For Climate Change Adaptation Course the candidates should have studied Mathematics as a subject in the +2 level.
- In the case of SC/ST candidates, a pass in the qualifying examination is enough.
- The reservation of seats is available only to those belonging to castes and communities specified in an annexure to the GO(P)208/66/Edn. Dated 2.5.66. and who are members of families whose aggregate annual income prescribed by the Government from time to time.
For PG Courses –
- M Sc. (Ag./ Hort.): Bachelor’s degree in the respective subject/ equivalent degree recognised by KAU with an OGPA of 7.00/10.00 for general candidates and 6.50/10.00 for SC/ST.*
- M Sc. Home Science (FS&N) : A bachelor degree in Home Science/Family and Community Science with 50% marks from a recognized university or B Sc. (Hons.) Ag. of KAU or equivalent.*
- M Sc. (Ag.Statistics) : A degree in Agriculture or equivalent recognized by KAU with an OGPA of 7.00/10.00 for general candidates and 6.50/10.00 for SC/ST.* The degree holders in B Sc. Mathematics/Statistics with 50% marks from a recognized University can also apply.
- M.Sc. (C&B) : B Sc. (Hons.) C& B degree of the KAU or an equivalent degree recognized by KAU with an OGPA of 7.00/10.00 for general candidates and 6.50/10.00 for SC/ST.*
- M.Sc. (Forestry) : A basic degree in Forestry/ Agriculture/ Horticulture/ B.V.Sc. & A.H (for Wildlife Science only) or equivalent degree recognized by KAU with an OGPA of 7.00/10.00 for general candidates and 6.50/10.00 for SC/ST.* (Degree holders with higher Grade Certificate from Ranger’s College or with Diploma in Forestry from State Forest College/Indian Forest College, Dehradun are also eligible).
- M.Tech. (Ag. Engg.) : A bachelor degree in Agricultural Engineering/Food Engineering# or an equivalent degree recognized by KAU with an OGPA of 7.00/10.00 for general candidates and 6.50/10.00 for SC/ST.*
B.Tech (Food Engineering) graduates are eligible to apply only for the discipline of “Agricultural Processing and Food Engineering”.
- Minimum marks required for Kerala Agricultural University Graduates for M Sc/M Tech Programmes are given below.
For Ph.D Programme –
- Eligibility for Ph.D except in Home Science & Rural Marketing Management : Master’s Degree in the respective discipline /related discipline from the faculty concerned of KAU or a recognised equivalent qualification with an OGPA of 7.0/10.0 for general category and 6.5/10.0 for SC/ST. A basic degree in Agri./ Hort./Ag. Engg./ Forestry is essential for all courses except Home Science and Rural Marketing Management.
- Eligibility for Home Science : The minimum eligibility for admission to Ph.D in Home Science shall be M Sc. in Home Science with specialisation in Food Science and Nutrition/M Sc. in Food Science and Nutrition recognised by KAU with an OGPA of 7.0/10.0 for general category and 6.5/10.0 for SC/ST or 60% marks for general category and 50% marks for SC/ST under traditional system.
- Eligibility for Rural Marketing Management : Master’s Degree in the respective discipline /related discipline from the faculty concerned of KAU or a recognized equivalent qualification with an OGPA of 7.0/10.0 for general category and 6.5/10.0 for SC/ST or MBA (ABM) with an OGPA of 7.0/10.0 for general category and 6.5/10.0 for SC/ST.
For MBA Course- Admission shall be based on the score in the KMAT, CAT or CMAT followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview to be conducted by KAU. The general candidate should have the required Academic Performance in the qualifying degree examination.
For B.Sc-M.Sc (5 Year) Integrated and B.Sc (Hons) courses – The selection of candidates will be based on an Entrance Exam conducted by KAU. The questions will be objective type and based on the +2 syllabus. The centres of entrance examination will be decided by the University in accordance with the number of applicants. Allotment to the course will be based on the rank list published by the University.
For Diploma in Agriculture and Organic Science – Based on total marks obtained in Biology, Physics and Chemistry in +2 or equivalent examination. For reserved seats, based on marks in VHSE (Agri) course. In case there is a tie, total marks/ marks in Biology/age of the candidate etc in the decreasing order of priority will be considered.
Community reservation as per Kerala Government rules will be followed. Candidates claiming community reservation shall produce the documents like community certificate, income certificate etc. from the designated revenue officials at the time of submission of the filled in application form.
The Select list and wait list will be published in the KAU website and the candidates will be admitted in accordance with their rank on the date and time of admission published by the University in the website. No individual communication will be sent to any candidates in this regard. The candidates should scrupulously watch the website to know their tenure of admission. Any further claim in this regard will not be entertained.
For PG Programmes: For Masters degree programme there will be an entrance examination of two hours duration. The questions will be objective multiple choice answer type. There will be a common entrance examination for each programme as listed below:
- M.Sc.(Ag.) /M Sc.(Hort.): One entrance examination of 2 h. duration with questions from B Sc. (Ag.) syllabus of KAU
- M.Sc. Home Science (FS&N): Entrance examination with questions from B Sc. Home Science syllabus
- M.Sc. (Ag. Stat.) : Entrance examination with questions from B Sc. (Mathematics / Statistics) syllabus
- M.Sc.(Forestry) : Entrance examination with questions from B Sc. (Forestry) syllabus of KAU
- M.Sc.(C&B): Entrance examination with questions from B Sc. (C&B) syllabus of KAU
- M.Tech. (Ag. Engg.) : Entrance examination with questions from B Tech. (Ag. Engg) syllabus of KAU
Candidates will be ranked on the basis of aggregate marks obtained as follows –
- Entrance Examination: 50
- Academic Merit ((based on marks / grades obtained for degree examination) : 40
- Experience: 05
- Sports/Arts/Publication : 05
Candidates will be considered for admission only if they secure a minimum of 40% marks in the entrance examination. The minimum is 35% for SC/ST candidates.
For Ph.D. Programmes: The selection of candidates for the Ph.D programme will be made based on overall assessment of the merit of the candidate by a Selection Committee constituted for the purpose as detailed below.
- Academic merit based on the marks obtained for the master’s degree programme: 40
- Teaching / research / extension-experience : 15
- Published papers / meritorious teaching/research/ extension work : 15
- Project proposal: 10
- Interview: 20
A minimum of 50% marks is necessary for qualifying the interview. For SC/ST candidates, minimum is 40%.
For more details of KAU Admission 2018 candidates can download last year Information Brochure of various courses like B.Sc-M.Sc (5 year) Integrated, B.Sc (H) C & B, Diploma in Agriculture & Organic Science and MBA Programmes from below links.
- Download B.Sc-M.Sc Integ. & B.Sc (Hons) Information Brochure
- Download Diploma in Agriculture Science Information Brochure
- Download Diploma in Organic Science Information Brochure
- Download MBA Information Brochure
- Download PG/ Ph.D Information Brochure
Insofar, Only KAU MBA Admission 2018 details have been released and updated here. Information of rest of courses on this page is as per last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as KAU releases KAU Admission 2018 information brochure, details will be updated here.