|Times Group Bennett University Admission 2018||Apply Now for UG / PG Courses|
MH Law CET 2018 is the Common Entrance Test conducted by the Directorate of Higher Education, Maharashtra State. The test is conducted for the LLB 5 year and 3 year course. Every year number of students appear in this entrance examination. Aspiring candidates will be able to apply for the entrance test from the official website of DTE Maharashtra at dhepune.gov.in.
The MH Law CET 2018 application form will most probably be released in the month of March 2018. To know more about the examination, such as exam pattern, syllabus, how to apply, about admit card, result and expected dates of the MH Law CET 2018, candidates must read the article further.
MH Law CET 2018
Given below in the table are the expected dates for the common entrance test of MH law. The dates will be notified soon by the conducting body. The dates will be updated soon as per the official announcement.
|Online registration starts||4th week of March 2018|
|Online registration ends||1st week of May 2018|
|Last date to edit the application details||1st week of May 2018|
|Last date of printing Application form||4th week of May 2018|
|Online fee payment||4th week of March to the week of May 2018|
|Availability of Admit card||1st week of May 2018|
|Date of Examination||MAH LLB 5Yrs 2018 – 22 Apr 2018 (Sunday)
MAH LLB 3Yrs 2018 – 17 Jun 2018 (Sunday)
|Declaration of Result||4th week of May 2018|
Eligibility Criteria for MH Law CET 2018
To apply for the MH Law CET 2018, candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria as prescribed by the Directorate of Higher Education, Maharashtra State. Only the eligible candidates will be able to fill the application form of Common Entrance Test. The eligibility criteria for both the courses LLB 3 years and LLB 5 years are mentioned below. Interested candidates are advised to read the eligibility norms carefully and then apply for the examination.
Common eligibility criteria
There are some common eligibility norms which are same for both the courses. These are ags follows:
- Candidate must be a citizen of India
- There are types of candidature through which candidate can apply for examination.
Maharashtra State Candidate
- A candidate who is Domicile of Maharashtra or born in Maharashtra. OR
- The Father or Mother of the Candidate is domiciled in the State of Maharashtra/ employee of the Government of India/ employee of the Government of Maharashtra. OR
- The Candidates passing SSC and or HSC Examination or Equivalent Examination from a recognised institution from a disputed Maharashtra Karnataka Border Area and whose Mother tongue is Marathi.
All India Candidature
- The candidates applying under this category, must have Indian Nationality.
- Maharashtra Domicile candidate belonging to a particular Linguistic or Religious Minority Community within the State and as notified by the Government are eligible under this Category.
Jammu and Kashmir Migrant Candidature
- The children of citizen of J&K migrants or children of officers belonging to Indian Administrative Services (IAS) or Indian Police Services (IPS) or Indian Foreign Services (IFS) and children of staff belonging to military and paramilitary forces transferred to Jammu and Kashmir.
Educational Qualifications for LLB 5 year and LLB 3 year course
MH LL.B (5 Year) CET
- For Maharashtra State Candidates: The candidates passing SSC(X Std.) and HSC (XII Std.) Examination from a recognized institution in Maharashtra State or the candidates passing equivalent examination (such as 11+1, A level in Senior Secondary School Leaving Certificate Course) from a recognized Board/University of India or outside Board/University in Maharashtra or from Secondary Board or equivalent, constituted or recognized by the Union or by a State Government, with at least 45% marks in aggregate and 40% marks in aggregate in case of SC and ST applicants having valid Caste Certificate of State of Maharashtra .
- For Outside Maharashtra State Candidates :- Candidates who have done their SSC and HSC from Outside Maharashtra State Board/ University, (belonging to any category) will be considered as Open Category Candidate irrespective of their Caste/ Category, and Criteria applicable to Open category candidates will be applicable to them.
- An applicant who have successfully completed Senior Secondary School course (‘+2’) or equivalent such as (11+1, ‘A’ level in Senior School Leaving Certificate Course) from a recognized University of India or outside or from Senior Secondary Board or equivalent, constituted or recognized by the Union or by a State Government or from any equivalent institution from a foreign country recognized by the Government of that country for the purpose of issue of qualifying certificate on successful completion of the Course Examination, with minimum of 45% Marks in aggregate. (SC and ST Category candidates belonging to the State of Maharashtra with valid Caste Certificate from State of Maharashtra with minimum 40% Marks in aggregate).
- Candidates having passed SSC (X Std.) or equivalent Examination following regular mode/pattern and having Completed +2 – Higher Secondary Pass Certificate after prosecuting studies in distance or correspondence method shall also be considered as eligible for admission in the integrated 5 Yrs. Course with minimum of 45% Marks in aggregate. (Candidates belonging to SC and ST Category belonging to the State of Maharashtra and valid caste certificate from the state of Maharashtra with minimum 40% Marks in aggregate) are eligible for admission.
- The candidates who have obtained 10th Std./Secondary School Certificate (SSC) Examination, in a single sitting examination without having basic qualification (1st to 9th Standard of schooling) and completed 12th Std. (HSC) equivalent examination in single sitting is not eligible for admission.
- An applicant who has passed the 11th(old Pattern)/12th std. /Pre Degree Course(old pattern) examination from State/Central Boards of Schooling or from Open Schooling System/regular system recognized & established by the Government of the State/India or International Board of School Education, after prosecuting the basic course of studies in the pattern of 1st to 10th standards in Regular mode, at Secondary Schooling is eligible for admission to five year Integrated LL.B Course. The Basic qualifications i.e. X Std. (SSC.)Must not be obtained from Open School/University System.
Candidates who are appearing for the Qualifying Examination (HSC/XII Std. or Equivalent Examination) in the academic year are also eligible to apply for CET/ Entrance Examination. Such candidates will become eligible for admission only if they score minimum required percentage of marks in the qualifying examination and produce marks Memo/ Degree Certificate of the Qualifying Examination while filling in the Form for CAP.
MH LL.B (3 Year) CET
- The candidate should be a Graduate and or Post Graduate in any faculty/discipline od knowledge of any University in Maharashtra established by an act of Parliament or by the State Legislature or an equivalent National Institution recognized as a Deemed to be University or Foreign University recognized as equivalent to the status of an Indian University by an Authority competent to declare equivalence, with minimum 45% Marks in aggregate for Open Category candidates ( i.e. 45% Marks for all the parts of the Degree Examination taken together), and 40% Marks in aggregate in degree examination in all parts of the Degree Examination for candidates belonging to SC and ST Category belonging to State of Maharashtra only.
- The Candidate who has passed the 3 year undergraduate degree and or 2/3 Yrs. Post Graduate Degree from university after prosecuting the studies in the educational pattern of 10+2+3 and/or 10+2+3+2/3 Yrs. with regular studies at Secondary (SSC) and Higher Secondary (HSC) schooling.
- The Candidates who have completed 10 (SSC) +2 (HSC) Education following Regular Mode are also eligible for admission to LL.B 3 Yrs. CET provided they have completed their Graduation and or Post Graduation through Regular Mode/Open or Distance Mode.
- Candidates from Out- side Maharashtra Universities will be considered as Open Category candidates irrespective of their Caste/Category and criteria applicable to Open Category candidates will be applicable to them ( Outside Maharashtra University Graduates/Post Graduates.,
To know about more eligibility conditions candidates refer to the information brochure.
Instructions to fill the Application form of MH Law CET 2018
The application form will be released in the month of March 2018. IT will be made available on the official website of Directorate of Higher Education, Maharashtra State at dhepune.gov.in Only the eligible candidates will be able to apply for CET 2018. Therefore candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria that is mentioned above in this article. Candidates need to submit the application fee along with the fee prescribed by the directorate.
Application fee- for the outside Maharashtra State (OMS) candidates/ General category candidates and J&K migrant candidates is Rs. 800/-
Whereas candidates belonging to the reserved category candidates from Maharashtra State [SC, ST, VJ/DT (NT-A), NT-1 (B) NT-2 (C), NT-3(D), OBC and SBC Categories] have to submit Rs. 400/-
The application fee must be submitted through Credit/ Debit card (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets.
Instructions to fill the form are given below:
- Visit the official website at dhepune.gov.in.
- To register, candidates need to click on the “Click here for New Registration” tab. Fill the necessary details such as name, contact information, email ID.
- After filling all the details and submitting it, a provisional registration Number and password will be generated by the system. It must be noted down by the candidate for the future use.
- The application number and password will also be sent on the registered mobile number of the candidate.
- Now, candidate must enter the application number and password in the space provided for that on the official website.
- Fill the application form carefully such as Father’s or Husband’s name, details regarding SSC/HSC/Convocation/Degree certificates/Mark Sheets of equivalent degree.
- After filling all the details, candidate must check and verify it by clicking on the “Validate your details”. Click on the Save and Next tab after cross checking the details.
- The next step is to upload the scanned images of photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
- The scanned images must be in the JPG/JPEG format
- After the successful upload of the images, proceed to payment of application fee
- The fee receipt will be generated after the submission of the application fee.
- After the completion of all the above mentioned steps, candidates must submit the form by clicking on the submit button.
Hall Ticket of MH Law CET 2018
The hall ticket for MH Law CET 2018 will be released by the directorate on its official website. The information about the admit card/ hall ticket shall be intimated through SMS or email on the candidate’s registered email ID and mobile number. On the official website, candidate need to enter the registration number/ roll number or Password/ Date of Birth to download the admit card. Admit card shall indicate the important information about the examination such as date, time and venue of the examination. Hall ticket is the key to enter the examination hall. Therefore candidates must have the valid admit card along with the identification proof on the day of examination. No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall without the admit card and identity proof.
Marking Scheme for MH Law CET 2018
The directorate has set the marking scheme for the candidates who will appear in the examination. The questions in the examination will be of objective type. There will be no negative marking. The question paper will be in two languages English and Marathi. Candidates will get 2 Hours to complete the examination. All the questions asked in the paper shall carry one mark each. The marking scheme for both the courses (LLB 3 year and LLB 5 year) is given below in the table.
Marking Scheme for MAH- LL.B 5 Year CET-2018
|Subject||Number of Questions||Total marks|
|Legal Aptitude and Legal Reasoning||40||40|
|General Knowledge with Current Affairs||30||30|
|Logical and Analytical Reasoning||40||40|
Marking Scheme for MAH- LL.B 3 Year CET-2018
|Subject||Number of Questions||Total marks|
|Legal Aptitude and Legal Reasoning||30||40|
|General Knowledge with Current Affairs||40||30|
|Logical and Analytical Reasoning||30||40|
In the exam syllabus for MH Law CET 2018, candidates need to study the subjects that are mentioned above in the exam pattern of LLB 3 year and 5 year course.
Result of MH Law CET 2018
The result of MH Law CET 2018 for LLB 5 year and LLB 3 year course will be published in the form of a merit list. The merit list will be prepared category wise. The result will be announced on the official website of the Directorate of Higher Education, Maharashtra State at llb5.mhpravesh.in and llb3.mhpravesh.in respectively. Candidates will also be able to download the scorecard from the mentioned website which will indicate marks in the common entrance test. Candidates just need to enter the registration number to view the scorecard.
Insofar, Only MAH Law CET 2018 Exam schedule has been announced. Rest of information on this page is as per last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as Directorate of Higher Education, Maharashtra State, Pune releases MAH Law CET 2018 information brochure, details will be updated here.