State Common Entrance Test (CET) Cell, Maharashtra, conducts MH CET Law. It is a state level entrance exam which is conducted on a yearly basis. It is conducted to offer admission in 5-yr LLB programme which is an integrated course leading to BBA-LL.B, BLSLL.B, B.A.LL.B and in LLB 3-years programme. The exam is conducted in online mode only for both the courses. Qualifiers in the test are offered admission in Government, Govt. Aided, Govt. Aided Minority, University Managed, University Departments and Unaided & Unaided Minority Institutions in the Maharashtra State.
MH CET Law Exam
Shortlisting of candidates for admission ini law programmes in the Maharashtra state is done on the basis of their performance in the entrance exam.
|MH CET Law||LLB 5Yrs||LLB 3Yrs|
|MH CET Law 2020||12 Apr 2020||28 Jun 2020|
|MH CET Law 2019||21 Apr 2019||11 May 2019|
|MH CET Law 2018||22 Apr 2018||17 Jun 2018|
Eligibility Criteria for MH Law CET
The eligibility criteria for both the courses LLB 3 years and LLB 5 years are mentioned below.
Common eligibility criteria
- Candidate must be a citizen of India
- There are types of candidature through which candidate can apply for examination.
Maharashtra State Candidate
- A candidate who is Domicile of Maharashtra or born in Maharashtra. OR
- The Father or Mother of the Candidate is domiciled in the State of Maharashtra/ employee of the Government of India/ employee of the Government of Maharashtra. OR
- The Candidates passing SSC and or HSC Examination or Equivalent Examination from a recognised institution from a disputed Maharashtra Karnataka Border Area and whose Mother tongue is Marathi.
All India Candidature
The candidates applying under this category, must have Indian Nationality and having completed SSC and HSC examination from Outside Maharashtra State belonging to all Categories are eligible under this Category.
The Candidate who has completed his/her SSC and HSC from the State of Maharashtra and is domiciled in the State Maharashtra or Born in Maharashtra belonging to a particular Linguistic or Religious Minority Community within the State and as notified by the Government are eligible under this Category. The Candidate will have to record his Minority Type in the CAP Application form to avail this facility
Jammu and Kashmir Migrant Candidature
- The children of citizens, who are displaced from Jammu and Kashmir to any part of India or from unsafe border area of Jammu and Kashmir to a relatively safer place in Jammu and Kashmir from 1990 onwards due to terrorist activities; or
- The children of citizen of J&K migrants or children of officers belonging to Indian Administrative Services (IAS) or Indian Police Services (IPS) or Indian Foreign Services (IFS) and children of staff belonging to military and paramilitary forces transferred to Jammu and Kashmir.
- The children of staff and officers of Jammu and Kashmir police engaged in combating terrorism; are eligible under this category.
Educational Qualifications for LLB 5 year and LLB 3 year course
MH LL.B (5 Year) CET
An Applicant/Candidate who has successfully completed Senior Secondary School Course (‘+2’) or Equivalent such as (11+1, ‘A’ level in Senior School Leaving Certificate Course) from a recognized University of India or Outside or from Senior Secondary Board or Equivalent, constituted or recognized by the Union or by a State Government or from any Equivalent Institution from a Foreign Country recognized by the Government of that Country for the purpose of issue of Qualifying Certificate on successful completion of the Course/ Examination, with minimum of 45% Marks in Aggregate*. (SC and ST Category candidates belonging to the State of Maharashtra with valid Caste Certificate and Caste Validity from State of Maharashtra with minimum 40% Marks in Aggregate)
- An applicant who has successfully completed Senior Secondary School course (‘+2’) or equivalent such as (11+1, ‘A’ level in Senior School Leaving Certificate Course) from a recognized University of India or outside or from Senior Secondary Board or equivalent, constituted or recognized by the Union or by a State Government of India or from any equivalent institution from a foreign country recognized by the Government of that country for the purpose of issue of qualifying certificate on successful completion of the course may apply for and be admitted in to the programme of the Centres of Legal Education to obtain the integrated degree in Law with a degree in any other subject as the first degree from the University whose such degree in law is recognised by the Bar Council of India for the purpose of enrollment.
- Provided that applicant who have obtained +2 Higher Secondary pass certificate or the first Degree Certificate after prosecuting studies in Distance or Correspondence methods shall also be considered as Eligible for admission in the Course. There should be a gap of not less than Two Years between 10th Std. (SSC) and 12th Std. (HSC) (i.e. a Candidate who has qualified SSC Examination in March 2013 should have qualified HSC Examination Not Before March 2015.)
- Provided further that the applicants who have obtained 10Std./Secondary Schooling Certificate Examination, in a Single Sitting Examination without having Basic Qualification ( 1 st To 9th Standard of Schooling ) is not Eligible For admission to the 5 Yrs. LL.B. Course.
Further provided that, the Candidates who are Appearing/ Appeared for the Qualifying Examination (Regular Examination) of the Academic Year 2017-2018 for On Line Registration and Confirmation of application form for MAH- LL.B-5 Yrs. Integrated Course CET 2018. Such candidates will be eligible for Admission only if they Produce the provisional/Degree Certificate of the Qualifying Examination and Mark Lists of all parts of the Qualifying Examination at the time of Admission
MH LL.B (3 Year) CET
- The candidate should be a Graduate and or Post Graduate in any faculty/discipline od knowledge of any University in Maharashtra established by an act of Parliament or by the State Legislature or an equivalent National Institution recognized as a Deemed to be University or Foreign University recognized as equivalent to the status of an Indian University by an Authority competent to declare equivalence, with minimum 45% Marks in aggregate for Open Category candidates ( i.e. 45% Marks for all the parts of the Degree Examination taken together), and 40% Marks in aggregate in degree examination in all parts of the Degree Examination for candidates belonging to SC and ST Category belonging to State of Maharashtra only.
- The Candidate who has passed the 3 year undergraduate degree and or 2/3 Yrs. Post Graduate Degree from university after prosecuting the studies in the educational pattern of 10+2+3 and/or 10+2+3+2/3 Yrs. with regular studies at Secondary (SSC) and Higher Secondary (HSC) schooling.
- The Candidates who have completed 10 (SSC) +2 (HSC) Education following Regular Mode are also eligible for admission to LL.B 3 Yrs. CET provided they have completed their Graduation and or Post Graduation through Regular Mode/Open or Distance Mode.
- Candidates from Out- side Maharashtra Universities will be considered as Open Category candidates irrespective of their Caste/Category and criteria applicable to Open Category candidates will be applicable to them ( Outside Maharashtra University Graduates/Post Graduates.,
Age Limit for MH LL.B (5 Year) CET
There is no upper age limit for admission to LL.B 5 Yrs.(Integrated) CET Examination in the Academic Year 2018-2019, in view of the case pending in Hon. Supreme Court of India. (Civil;) No 1023/2016 and the order passed by Hon. High Court, Bombay in WP 3235/2016. The admissions to LL.B.-5 Yrs. Course will be subject to the Final Outcome of various writ petitions. If Age limit is made applicable it will 20 Yrs. age for Open Category Candidates and 22 Yrs. for SC and ST Category candidates from State of Maharashtra only as on July 01, 2018.
Marking Scheme for MH Law CET
The questions in the examination will be of objective type. There will be no negative marking. The question paper will be in two languages English and Marathi. Candidates will get 2 Hours to complete the examination. All the questions asked in the paper will carry one mark each. The marking scheme for both the courses (LLB 3 year and LLB 5 year) is given below in the table.
Marking Scheme for MAH- LL.B 5 Year CET
|Subject||Number of Questions||Total marks|
|Legal Aptitude and Legal Reasoning||40||40|
|General Knowledge with Current Affairs||30||30|
|Logical and Analytical Reasoning||40||40|
Marking Scheme for MAH- LL.B 3 Year CET
|Subject||Number of Questions||Total marks|
|Legal Aptitude and Legal Reasoning||30||40|
|General Knowledge with Current Affairs||40||30|
|Logical and Analytical Reasoning||30||40|
MH CET Law Exam
In the exam syllabus for MAH Law CET 2020, candidates need to study the subjects that are mentioned above in the exam pattern of LLB 3 year and 5 year course. The contents of the Syllabus for MAH Law CET 2020 for LLB 5 year is given below.
Legal Aptitude and Legal Reasoning:
This section will test candidate’s interest towards the study of Law, Legal aptitude and problem solving ability. Questions will be framed with the help of legal prepositions and a set of facts to which the said prepositions have to be applied. Some prepositions may not be true in the real sense. Candidates will have to assume truth of these prepositions and answer the questions drawing well supported conclusions.
General Knowledge with Current Affairs:
The topics such as History(Ancient. Medieval and Modern), Geography, General Science, Economics, Civics, and the Current Affairs of the past One Year. The subject is to assess the knowledge of the recent happening and awareness of the world.
Logical and Analytical Reasoning:
The subject is to test the candidate’s ability to identify patterns, logical links and rectify illogical arguments. It will include wide analogies, completing arguments, drawing well supported conclusions, reasoning by analogy, applying principles or rules. Further the subject is to measure the ability to understand the structure. relationship and to draw logical conclusions about the structures. It includes reasoning deductively from the set of statements and rules or principles that describes the relationship among persons, things or events.
This section will consist the questions on the areas like Vocabulary (Synonyms, Antonyms, Analogies etc.) Proficiency (Idioms and Phrases, One word Substitution, Sentence Improvement and rearrangement, fill in the blanks etc) English Usage Errors (Common errors, Spotting errors, inappropriate usage of words, spelling mistakes etc.) English Comprehension.
This section is to test the numerical ability of candidates. The mathematics questions will be set from 10th Std. level of various topics including Profit and Loss, Speed and Distance, Time and Work, Algebra, Average, Venn Diagram.
Official Website: mahacet.org