Mahatma Gandhi University offers admission to the Under Graduate Programmes in the affiliated Arts & Science Colleges of Mahatma Gandhi University for the academic year 2019-20 except Under Graduate programmes under the faculty of Fine Arts and those Under Graduate Programmes admission to which is based on entrance examinations and Programmes conducted in Colleges which have been granted autonomy. Get here complete details of MG University CAP 2019 from below article.
MG University CAP 2019
Admission & Allotment in Colleges: Allotment of seats in all colleges will be college/institution wise. Allotment in Colleges to Candidates with multiple claims under Mandatory Quota: All candidates included in the Rank lists are eligible for allotment under State Merit (SM). Candidates might be entitled for other reservation quotas also under Mandatory Reservation. For example, a candidate may have the benefit of SEBC reservation (EZ/MU/OBH/LC/OBX) or Scheduled Caste (SC) or Scheduled Tribe (ST) claim. The seats will be offered on the hierarchy of quotas.
Rank List / Allotment
Mahatma Gandhi University, Kerala released the seat allotment & maximum and minimum index mark. Candidates can get their allotment status by logging into the homepage or through the link provided below by using their application number and password. The link for the same will be provided below for the candidates’ convenience.
Allotment List: Click here to check MGU CAP 2019 third allotment list.
- Click here to check the Community Rank List.
- Click here to check the rank list.
- Click Here to check the Rank list for Cultural Quota and Persons with Disabilities.
Candidates need to fill a single application form for applying for admission to the UG and PG Programmes in various affiliated colleges. If a candidate submits more than one application his/her candidature is liable to be cancelled. Candidates can apply online for MG University CAP 2019 from the official website or through the direct link which is provided below.
Application Form: Click here to register for Management, Community and Lakshadweep.
Submission of application i.e. registration of personal and academic data, as well as options for programmes and colleges, shall be done online. Before submitting the application form, candidates are advised to verify the details of academic programmes in a college including hostel facilities through the website of affiliated colleges, in addition to the information given in the prospectus published by the University. Before selecting a programme the applicant shall satisfy himself/herself that he/she possess the prescribed qualification for applying for the programme.
|For General candidates||Rs 750/-|
|For SC/ST candidates||Rs 375/-|
Steps for On-line Registration:
- Click on the “Account creation” link provided in the www.cap.mgu.ac.in web page
- Fill in the minimum personal details required with utmost care.
- Create a ‘Password’. (The password will be used for all future online operations). The password created by the candidate should not be disclosed to others who may misuse it. This may result in tampering with the options and the University will not be responsible for any such eventuality.
- After the successful creation of account, you will be provided a six digit application number starting with one lakh. The application number will have to be retained by the candidate for all future online and offline operations.
- Pay the application fee by clicking on the “PAY NOW” button which will redirect the applicant to the Online Payment Gateway. Applicant can use Debit Card/ Credit Card or Internet Banking facility for making online payment.
- After remitting the fee, the applicant will be redirected back to the application page
- Fill in the application form with personal details, academic eligibility and the options correctly. The applicant can give upto forty options.
- After satisfying himself/herself that the details entered are correct, the applicants shall press the Final Submission Button.
- Take the print out of the confirmation page which will have to be retained by the candidate for future reference.
Academic eligibility should be satisfied as on the last date of submission of academic data. In the case of candidates who have passed examinations of other Boards/Institutes/Governments, except CBSE/CISCE, they shall be admitted only if these examinations have been declared equivalent to the qualifying examinations of MG University.
If an applicant for admission is found to have indulged in ragging in the past or if it is noticed later that he/she had indulged in ragging, admissions shall be denied or he/she shall be expelled from the educational institution. No candidate shall be admitted to the degree programme unless he/she possess the qualifications and minimum requirements thereof.
Detailed eligibility criteria is provided in brochure given below.
Reservation of Seats
Types of Reservation: Out of the total Merit Seats available in Govt./Aided/Self Financing affiliated colleges for various UG Programmes, seats will be reserved for different categories under the following main items :
- Reservation for nominees
- Reservation for Persons with Disabilities
- Special Reservation and
- Mandatory Reservation
All students who get allotment should report for admission at the college concerned after remitting the requisite fee due to University through the Online Payment Gateway. Candidates can download the allotment memo only after remitting the fee due to University through the Online Payment Gateway available in the website. Those who fail to do this will be treated as Not Joined and further claim for admission by these applicants will not be entertained.
The candidates should produce the following documents in original before the Principal/Head of the college/institution at the time of admission.
- The Allotment Memo received online.
- Certificate to prove date of birth.
- Transfer Certificate (TC) from the Institution last attended and Conduct Certificate.
- Mark lists of all parts of the Plus Two / equivalent examination.
- Eligibility Certificate from Mahatma Gandhi University, in the case of candidates who have passed their qualifying examination from other Boards/Institutes/governments, except BOARD OF HIGHER SECONDARY EDUCATION Kerala, VHSE Kerala, THSE Kerala, CBSE and CISCE
- Migration Certificate, if applicable.
- Caste certificate in the case of SC/ST candidates. Any other documents required to be produced by the Head of Institution. Hardcopies of the filled in application shall not be, repeat, shall not be sent to the University Special Attention After pressing final submission button, further modification of data (except options) is not possible. Hence, make double sure that all entries are made correctly before pressing final submission button. For a complete Illustration.
- Community Certificate along with non-creamy layer certificate(as per Government rules) from the revenue authorities concerned in the case of SEBC candidates who claim reservation under SEBC category. The non-creamy layer certificate should not have been issued earlier than 12 months prior to the submission of application.
- Community Certificate along with the relevant certificate from the revenue authorities concerned to the effect that they come under the Below Poverty Line (BPL) category of forward communities in the case of candidates who wish to avail of reservation under EBFC.
- Candidates who wish to avail of bonus/weightage of marks shall produce the relevant certificates.
The college authorities, after verifying the above documents, shall admit the candidate and make necessary updations in the admission portal. The students who get admission in their first option should remit the fee applicable to the course in the institution at the time of admission. Those students who decide to seek permanent admission by cancelling the higher options also shall remit the fee and submit the necessary documents in the institution.
The allotted applicants should download the admission memo from the website and produce the same at the time of reporting at the college. The college authorities should return the memo to the reporting applicant after attestation. This will ensure that the applicant has reported at the college concerned and given provisional admission. The applicants shall keep the memo with themselves.
Seat Allotment Protocol
Admission & Allotment in Colleges: Allotment of seats in all colleges will be college/institution wise.
Allotment in Colleges to Candidates with multiple claims under Mandatory Quota: All candidates included in the Rank lists are eligible for allotment under State Merit (SM). Candidates might be entitled to other reservation quotas also under Mandatory Reservation. For example, a candidate may have the benefit of SEBC reservation (EZ/MU/OBH/LC/OBX) or Scheduled Caste (SC) or Scheduled Tribe (ST) claim. The seats will be offered on the hierarchy of quotas.
The hierarchy in order is as follows:
- State Merit (SM) – All candidates included in the Rank Lists are eligible for allotment under State Merit.
- Communal Reservation (SEBC/SC/ST).
- A candidate without SEBC/SC/ST reservation benefit will be considered only against the ‘State Merit’ seats wherever available at the time of allotment.
Official Website: www.cap.mgu.ac.in
For more detail of MG University CAP for UG & PG Programme 2019 – Download Information Brochure.