|Times Group Bennett University Admission 2018||Apply Now for UG / PG Courses|
Mahatma Gandhi University has released notification for admission to the Under Graduate Programmes in the affiliated Arts & Science Colleges of Mahatma Gandhi University for the academic year 2017-18except Under Graduate programmes under the faculty of Fine Arts and those Under Graduate Programmes admission to which is based on entrance examinations and Programmes conducted in Colleges which have been granted autonomy.
Latest: – MG University CAP Third round allotment has been announced. Check the link below.
MG University CAP 2017
Admission/ Allotment of seats under merit quota is governed by a Centralized Allotment Process. Selection/ Allotment of a candidate to any college will be based on the rank of the candidate and the availability of seats. While a reserved category candidate entitled to admission on the basis of his/her merit will have the option of taking admission to the colleges where a specified number of seats have been kept reserved for reserved category, but he/ she will be deemed to have been admitted as an open category candidate and not as a reserved category candidate.
Third Round Allotment
MG University CAP Third round allotment has been announced, Which can be checked by login into the account by the direct link provided below.
Candidates need to fill a single application form for applying for admission to the UG Programmes in various affiliated colleges. If a candidate submits more than one application his/her candidature is liable to be cancelled.
- Apply Online – Application Process are over now….!!
|For General candidates||Rs 600|
|For SC/ST candidates||Rs 300|
Steps for On-line Registration:
- Click on the “Account creation” link provided in the www.cap.mgu.ac.in web page
- Fill in the minimum personal details required with utmost care.
- Create a ‘Password’. (The password will be used for all future online operations). The password created by the candidate should not be disclosed to others who may misuse it. This may result in tampering with the options and the University will not be responsible for any such eventuality.
- After the successful creation of account, you will be provided a six digit application number starting with one lakh. The application number will have to be retained by the candidate for all future online and offline operations.
- Pay the application fee by clicking on the “PAY NOW” button which will redirect the applicant to the Online Payment Gateway. Applicant can use Debit Card/ Credit Card or Internet Banking facility for making online payment.
- After remitting the fee, the applicant will be redirected back to the application page
- Fill in the application form with personal details, academic eligibility and the options correctly. The applicant can give upto forty options.
- After satisfying himself/herself that the details entered are correct, the applicants shall press the Final Submission Button.
- Take the print out of the confirmation page which will have to be retained by the candidate for future reference.
Academic eligibility should be satisfied as on the last date of submission of academic data. In the case of candidates who have passed examinations of other Boards/Institutes/Governments, except CBSE/CISCE, they shall be admitted only if these examinations have been declared equivalent to the qualifying examinations of MG University.
If an applicant for admission is found to have indulged in ragging in the past or if it is noticed later that he/she had indulged in ragging, admissionsshall be denied or he/she shall be expelled from the educational institution.
No candidate shall be admitted to the degree programme unless he/she possess the qualifications and minimum requirements thereof.
The candidates, registering their options, should satisfy all the eligibility conditions with regard to academic qualifications stated in the Prospectus. Options of only those candidates who figure in the rank list will be processed for allotment.
Reservation of Seats
Types of Reservation: Out of the total Merit Seats available in Govt./Aided/Self Financing affiliated colleges for various UG Programmes, seats will be reserved for different categories under the following main items :
- Reservation for nominees
- Reservation for Persons with Disabilities
- Special Reservation and
- Mandatory Reservation
Admission and other Procedures
After the allotment the prescribed fee due to the University will have to be remitted online through the Online Payment Gateway as per the time schedule prescribed. Once the candidate remits the fee, the candidate shall be able to download an allotment memo. The print out of the allotment memo and the original certificates should be produced before the college authorities at the time of admission. The college authorities, after verifying the above documents, shall admit the candidate and make necessary updations in the admission portal. The college authorities should provide a receipt that can be downloaded from the Online Admission Portal which states that necessary entries in respect of the reported candidate have been made in the Online Admission Portal. The students who get admission in their first option should remit the fee applicable to the course in the institution at the time of admission. Those students who decide to seek permanent admission by cancelling the higher options also shall remit the fee in the institution. Those who retain higher options need not pay any fee in the institution at the time of admission. However, in the fourth allotment, they should remit the fee applicable to the programme secured in the higher option (except SC/ST candidates) and join the college, and if not secured they should remit the fee applicable to the programme secured in the previous option. The original certificates of only permanently admitted students shall be kept in the respective institutions and in the case of students admitted temporarily the certificates shall be returned to them after verification.
Four Special Allotments will be conducted for SC/ST candidates. SC/ST candidates who secure allotment through CAP and wish to retain their higher options will be permitted to take provisional admission in all allotments upto the first special allotment.
It is obligatory for the candidates to report to the college to which he/she is allotted. Failure to appear before the Principal concerned for joining the Programme on the notified date and time will result in the forfeiture of his/her admission to the Programme and he/ she will not be considered for any vacancies arising in future. If a candidate is satisfied with an allotment and does not want to be considered again for further allotment(s), he/she must cancel all the remaining higher options. A candidate retaining all or any of his/her higher options after an allotment, is bound to accept the next allotment, if any, failing which he/she will lose the previous allotment as well as the new allotment. He/She will not be considered for any further allotments.
For more detail of MG University CAP 2017 for UG Programme – Download UG Information Brochure.