NEET SS 2020 – This year, NMC has lowered the minimum qualifying percentile in NEET-SS 2020 to 45th percentile. Earlier, National Board of Examination (NBE), New Delhi, has declared NEET SS 2020 result. Qualified candidates of the NEET SS exam are granted admissions into DM/MCh courses in Armed Forces Medical Services Institutions / Universities / Deemed Universities and Private Medical Colleges. The exam was held on September 15, 2020, in Computer Based Mode ie online mode only. The duration of the NEET SS exam is 3 hours and 30 minutes and the total number of questions asked is 100. Scroll below to know more about the eligibility criteria, application form, exam pattern, syllabus, result and counseling process, etc.
NEET SS 2020
NBE is going to conduct NEET-SS 2020 on a computer-based platform in a single session. Candidates can check out the important dates for the major events in NEET SS examination from down below.
|NEET SS 2020||Important Dates|
|Availability of NEET SS 2020 Information Brochure||03 Aug 2020|
|Application Form is released on||03 Aug 2020|
|Last date to submit application form||23 Aug 2020|
|Edit window availability||24 – 25 Aug 2020|
|Deficiency in application form will be communicated to the candidates||to be announced|
|Last date to submission of deficient documents||to be announced|
|Release of NEET SS Admit Card 2020||08 Sep 2020|
|NEET SS 2020 exam||15 Sep 2020|
|NEET SS Result 2020 declaration||25 Sep 2020|
NEET SS 2020 Result
NBE declares NEET super specialty result wise merit list i.e. hence there is a separate merit list for each Super Specialty course. There shall not be any equating/scaling and normalization. The merit shall be generated strictly on the basis of marks obtained by the candidate and application of the prescribed tie-breaking criteria. The candidates securing 50 percentile or more in each super specialty-specific merit list shall be declared as qualified.
NEET SS 2020 Counselling
There shall be common counseling for all seats ofNEET- SS 2020 at National Level to be conducted by DirectorateGeneral of Health Services, Government of India. Candidates will have to report at the counseling centre on time with all the required documents.
NEET SS 2020 Admit Card
The official authority releases the admit card for NEET SS 2020 on official website only. Candidates need to login with their user id and password to download the same. It is provided in the pdf format for all the eligible candidates who have filled the NEET SS 2020 application form correctly. After downloading admit card, applicants need to affix a passport size photo on the space provided in the same. They need to carry mask, gloves, sanitizer, admit card, valid identity proof to the NEET SS 2020 test centre.
NEET SS 2020 Test Day Procedures at Exam Centre
Keeping the COVID-19 guidelines in mind, the official authority has prescribed the following test day procedures. They are as follows.
- Candidates are required to report to the test centre as per the time indicated on the NEET SS admit card.
- Friends or relatives accompanying the candidates are not allowed inside.
- The candidate has to flash the admit card and ID proof for verification.
- In case, candidate has temperature above than (> 99.14 Degree F) or displaying any symptoms of COVID-19 infection, then they are allowed to give exam in separate isolation lab.
- Frisking (Body pat as well as HHMD) will not be done.
- Finger Biometrics of candidates shall NOT be captured.
- Manual attendance shall not be taken this time.
- Signature and Ink finger print of candidate will also not be taken.
NEET SS 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates who are in possession of recognized postgraduate medical degree(MD/MS/DNB)/ Provisional Pass Certificate or an equivalent recognized qualification or likely to be in possession by July 2020, in accordance with eligible broad specialty qualifications for super specialty courses can apply for NEET-SS 2020.
- Requests for appearing in NEET-SS 2020 from candidates who are qualifying and getting the results of their MD/MS/DNB qualifications after July 2020 shall be summarily rejected.
- Registration with M.C.I./State Medical Council/ is necessary and its documentary proof should be furnished at the centre on the examination day.
NEET SS 2020 Application Form
Application Form for NEET SS 2020 is released at the official website. Candidates can fill the application form by registering themselves. The application form must be filled on or before the last date. Before filling the application form candidates must ensure his / her eligibility. Candidates are advised to keep this thing in mind and Apply Online on time.
NEET SS 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates who want to score high in the NEET SS examination, must understand the pattern for the same thoroughly. They can read it from down below.
Mode of Conduct: It is conducted in Computer Based Mode.
Duration of Exam: The exam time is 3 hour and 30 minutes.
Number of Questions: The Part – A comprises 60 questions and Part B comprises 40 questions.
Type of Questions: Only MCQ type questions are asked in the exam.
Negative Marking: There is negative marking of 1 mark in the examination.
Number of Shifts: NEET SS is a single shift examination. However, there are 2 separate question papers.
The question paper comprises Part A and Part B.
Part A – The questions are asked from the eligible feeder broad specialty / from a particular super specialty course. It has 40 questions.
Part B – The questions are asked from the concerned super specialty or group of clubbed super specialty ( at PG exit level). It has 60 questions.
NEET SS 2020 Test Centre
At the time of submission of online application form candidate will be required to choose the city in which he/she wants to take the test. The choice of the city will depend on the availability of the test centres in a particular city and the allotment shall be done first cum first serve basis. The list of various tentative cities where NEET-SS shall be conducted is as follows:
For more details about NEET SS 2020, refer to Information Brochure
Official website: www.nbe.edu.in
Ques 1. Does NEET SS have reservations for SC / ST / OBC category?
Ques 2. Can I carry food in the NEET SS 2020 exam centre?
Ques 3. I am in final year of MD / MS, can I appear in NEET SS 2020?
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.