|Exam||Last Date||Apply Now|
|CAT||20 Sep 2017||Click Here|
|NMAT||03 Oct 2017||Click Here|
|SNAP||24 Nov 2017||Click Here|
|XAT||30 Nov 2017||Click Here|
Punjab B.Ed Admission 2017 – A notification has been released for Punjab State level B.Ed. Common Entrance Test 2017 for admission to B.Ed. Course in the Colleges of Education (Govt., Govt. Aided, Private Self Financed Colleges) affiliated to Panjab University, Chandigarh, Punjabi University, Patiala and Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar. The complete detail of Punjab B.Ed Admission 2017 such as application form, eligibility criteria, entrance exam pattern, admission process etc. are given below.
Latest – Punjab B.Ed 2017 Merit List & Allocation List have been published, Check it through the link provided below.
Punjab B.Ed Admission 2017
As authorized by Punjab Government, the Punjab University, Chandigarh will be conducted the Common Entrance Test (C.E.T.) for admission to B.Ed. Course in the Colleges of Education (Govt., Govt. Aided, Private Self Financed Colleges) affiliated to Panjab University, Chandigarh, Punjabi University, Patiala and Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar
Revised Schedule for the Punjab B.Ed Admission 2017 is given below.
|Date of availability of B.Ed. Prospectus||17 Jul 2017|
|Last date for submission of information on the website to generate the Bank Challan||30 Jul 2017|
|Last date for deposit of fee in any branch of State bank of India using website generated challan||31 Jul 2017|
|Last date for uploading of photograph, signature with rest of the information on the website||01 Aug 2017|
|Availability of Admit Card Online||03 Aug 2017|
|Date of Entrance Test||06 Aug 2017|
|Uploading of Answer Key and inviting Objections||08 Aug 2017|
|Last date of submission of objections for the Answer Key||09 Aug 2017|
|Display of availability of seats with Colleges||14 Aug 2017|
|Date of declaration of Result||18 Aug 2017|
|Online Choice filling for colleges & Major Subject Combination||15 to 22 Aug 2017|
|Release of Seat Allocation List (online counselling)||25 Aug 2017|
|Reporting at allocated colleges by the candidate on the basis of Seat Allocation List||26 to 28 Aug 2017|
|The commencement of the regular classes||29 Aug 2017|
- General Category – Rs. 2200/-
- SC/ST/PwD – Rs. 1100/-
- Candidates with at least 50% Marks either in Bachelor’s degree and/or in the Master’s degree in Science/ Social Sciences/ Humanities/ Commerce/Home Science/ B.B.A/ B.C.A/ B.A.LL.B/ B.Com.LL.B, or any other qualification equivalent thereto, are eligible for admission to the programme. However, while calculating merit, marks obtained in Graduation only will be considered. There shall be a relaxation of 5% marks in favour of SC/BC candidates. Candidate with less than 45% marks belonging to these categories shall not be eligible.
- Bachelors in Engineering or Technology with specialization in science and mathematics with 55% marks or any other qualification equivalent thereto, are eligible for admission to the programme. However, while calculating merit, marks obtained in Graduation only will be considered. There shall be a relaxation of 5% marks in favour of SC/BC candidates. Candidate with less than 50% marks belonging to these categories shall not be eligible.
- The reservation in seats and relaxation in the qualifying marks in favour of the reserved categories shall be as per rules of the Govt. of Punjab.
- Provided that such minimum qualifying marks shall not automatically entitle a candidate to get admission in an institution but only entitle the candidate concerned to fulfill other institutional criteria notified by the institution concerned or by the Government concerned from time to time to apply for admission.
- Any candidate with less than 50% or less marks would not be eligible.
- There shall be a relaxation of 5 % marks in favor of SC/BC candidates. Candidate with less than45% marks belonging to these categories shall not be eligible.
Entrance test will be conducted on 06/08/2017 from 10.30 A.M. to 1.00 P.M. The single booklet will contain questions as per the details given below:
Note: Paper shall consist of 150 multiple choice questions and be of a total of 150 marks as explained above. The total marks for the Entrance Examination shall be 150.
Paper-I : Course contents of this paper is to be spread over three parts as per details given below making a total of 150 marks for this paper. This paper will consist of 150 multiple choice type question (50 questions from Part-A, 50 questions from Part-B and 50 questions from Part-C). Each question will carry one mark.
Part A: General Awareness Test : 30 Marks
Questions will be related to various dimensions of General Awareness such as :
- Social Science
- Art and Culture
- Sports and Games
- Current Events (Political, Social & Economic)
- Government Policy of Education
- Who’s Who
Part B : Teaching Potential: 30 Marks
Questions will be related to various dimensions of Teaching Potential such as:
- Knowledge of Teaching Learning Process of Educational System including non-formal and distance education.
- Audio-Visual Aids and Mass Media etc.
- Values as enshrined in the Constitution of India
- General Awareness of National Level Educational agencies and organization of Social, Political, Economic and Cultural Agendas.
- Aptitude for Teaching Profession; Teacher’s personal characteristics and their adjustments.
- Classroom problems of learners and their solutions.
- Adjustment problems of human relations with students, colleges and administration.
- Examination, evaluation and assessment.
- Library Usage.
- School and Society
Part C : General Mental Ability Test : 30 Marks
Questions will be designed to test reasoning with Numbers, Words and Figures involving:
- Number Series
- Synonyms or opposites
- Code, De-code
- Seeing Relations
- Deductive and Inductive Reasoning
- Interpretation of Graphs & Figures
- Evaluation and Inference
- Blood Relations.
Part D :English: 30 Marks
In the language papers, questions will be related to:
- Idioms and Vocabulary
- Correction and Punctuation
- Written Comprehension
Part-E: Punjabi or Hindi: 30 Marks
Those candidates who have studied Punjabi in matriculation will appear in Punjabi. Others who have not studied Punjabi in Matriculation shall have to appear in Hindi. In each of these language papers, questions will be related to:
- Idioms and Vocabulary
- Correction and Punctuation
- Written Comprehension
The admission to B.Ed. Course in the colleges affiliated to Panjab University, Chandigarh, Punjabi University, Patiala and Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar for the session 2017-18 shall be made on the basis of the relative merit of the candidates in the Entrance Test, subject to the availability of seats in a particular subject combination and such reservations as prescribed in the Rules of Punjab Government Notification No. 14/18/2011- 3Edu1/1019335/1dated 10-07-2017.
The candidates are required to fill the choices of colleges and Major Subjects on the prescribed proforma on the B.Ed. admission website. He/she will be admitted to the college on merit obtained based on subject category-wise, provided he/she fulfils the requisite eligibility conditions.
Note : No one who is already in employment (whole time or part time whether in honorary capacity or paid) shall be admitted to B.Ed. Course in a College of Education without taking leave from the employer/Institution/office etc. from the date of commencement of the academic session till the completion of practical skill in teaching examination.
Admission to the seats under 15% (All India) quota will be done as per Reservation Policy of the Central Govt
When two or more candidates have secured equal marks in the Common Entrance Test their inter-se merit for admission will be decided on the following criteria:
- Candidate with higher percentage of marks in qualifying degree.
- Candidate senior in age shall rank higher in the order of merit.
For More Detail of Punjab B.Ed Admission 2017 – Download Information Brochure.