VSAT 2018 is the Vignan University Engineering Entrance Exam. Candidates eligible for admission can apply in the prescribed mode and receive hall ticket. Each candidate who has applied must take the VSAT 2018 online entrance test which was held from April 15 to 19, 2018. Candidates can get all the details regarding VSAT 2018 like eligibility criteria, application process, exam pattern, etc from this page.
Admission to Vignan University for academic session 2018-2019 in B.Tech programs will be on the basis of ranks obtained in result of VSAT 2018 or JEE 2018 or EAMCET 2018.
Schedule for the VSAT 2018 is given below.
|Availability of application form||10 Nov 2017|
|Last date for receipt of filled in applications||10 Apr 2018|
|Online test dates||15 to 19 Apr 2018|
|Announcement of result||26 Apr 2018|
|Counselling of merit listed candidates for admission||10 – 20 May 2018|
- Candidates born on or after 1 July 1997 and a pass in Intermediate or its equivalent with minimum 60% aggregate marks are eligible to appear for the admission test.
- Admission to B.Tech. programmes will be through Vignan’s Scholastic Aptitude Test, V-SAT an online test, conducted by Vignan’s University on all India basis.
- Candidates qualified in AP or TS EAMCET / JEE(Mains) / JEE(Advanced) with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in the +2 / Intermediate examination.
Eligible candidates can apply for VSAT 2018 to admission in B.Tech programme from the official website on before the last date of application. Candidates are advised to must ensure their eligibility before applying online for the exam. Direct link to fill the application form and download application is available in above link.
VSAT 2018 Question Paper Pattern
- The question paper will be in English and consists of 4 sections namely Maths or Biology, Physics, Chemistry and English/Aptitude.
- The questions are of multiple choice and objective type. Each question has 4 options. Choose the right option.
- Each correct answer carries one mark
- There is no negative marking.
|Section||Questions and Marks|
|Section I – Mathematics or Biology||30 questions (30 Marks)|
|Section II – Physics||30 questions (30 Marks)|
|Section III – Chemistry||30 questions (30 Marks)|
|Section IV – English/Aptitude||30 questions (30 Marks)|
|Total||120 questions (120 Marks)|
Rules of VSAT 2018 Entrance Exam
- Candidates should report to the respective center 30 minutes prior to the commencement of the test. Live demonstration of online test will be arranged for the candidates before the commencement of the test.
- Candidates must bring their hall ticket with them.
Note: Use of calculators, log tables, and slide ruler, watches with facilities of calculator, and cellular phones are strictly prohibited for the test. Candidates should not bring any material with them except the Hall Ticket, Pen, H.B. Pencil and Eraser.
Streams for VSAT 2018
- Candidates who attempt Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English/Aptitude in the V-SAT 2018 are eligible for all the B.Tech. programmes.
- Candidates who attempt Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English/Aptitude in the V-SAT 2018 are eligible only for B.Tech. Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Biomedical Engineering & Food Technology Programmes.
Note: Candidates appearing for qualifying examination and awaiting results can also apply.
VSAT 2018 Admission Procedure
- The admission will be on the basis of the performance in the VSAT/EAMCET/JEE-2018.
- The merit position of the candidate for admission will be based on the RANK obtained in V-SAT /EAMCET/JEE-2018, provided if he/she gets minimum 60% aggregate marks in the qualifying examination as per the eligibility criteria. Admissions will be purely on merit and by following the reservation policy applicable to Vigna’s University.
- A common merit list will be prepared based on the performance in the entrance test and they will be called for the counseling to be held at the Vigna’s University premises at Vadlamudi, Guntur District through common ranking.
- It is the responsibility of the candidates to ascertain whether they possess the requisite qualification for admission. Having been appeared for the competitive examination or called for counseling does not necessarily mean acceptance of the eligibility/admission.
- The admission offered to a candidate who has been provisionally admitted to a programme will stand canceled if he/she does not submit the relevant documents in original pertaining to admission (such as marks statements, transfer certificate, conduct certificateetc.) to the Dean-Admissions before the date stipulated in the admission offer.
- Admissions to various programmes will, however, be subject to verification of facts from the original certificates/documents of the candidates. In case any discrepancy is noticed even at a later point of time after admission, the management reserves the right to cancel the admission and such a decision shall be final and binding on the candidate.
Official Website: www.vignanuniversity.org
For more information about V-SAT 2018, Download Information Brochure with Application Form.